• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

yami4ct

so what are these illicit acts? Just wondering...

I imagine some of it is just the typical hacking and cheating. I know some people got banned for making a bunch of sub-accounts specifically so they could trade their lvl 20 gifts to their main over and over, but don't really know anything else that might get some banned.

Kreed

Kirin getting a new leader skill was a bit of an issue, as any form of power boosts would piss off Ra users. And unlike the Egyptians, the Chinese Gods and Umisachi & Yamasachi don't use all the colors in their combos, so Gungho would have to add more colors to their combos to make them match the egyptians, but that would mess up their team dynamics (orb changers, etc...).

Guess we'll see what Gungho comes up with.

yami4ct

Gave a second pull on the pink machine. Got a second healer girl. I'm just going to take it as a sign that I should stop wasting stones on it. As very tempting the Chinese gods are, the non-gold eggs you get out of the REM during godfest are much more useful than the healer girls. High is higher in the Pink REM, but the average is better on the Godfest REM.

Jinko

Kirin will prob just be a sub element (light prob) and different stats.

I wonder if the contention will be as big a deal as the sweeping changes they promised us >.>

Kreed

Kirin will prob just be a sub element (light prob) and different stats.

I wonder if the contention will be as big a deal as the sweeping changes they promised us >.>

The fact that he says it's a new type of ultimate, gives the impression it will involve something never done previously. And if Gungho plans on making it use it's new evo materials (or the inevitable Gold Mask/Twin Mask/Tri Mask), they have to do something to make it worth the effort.

The fact that he says it's a new type of ultimate, gives the impression it will involve something never done previously. And if Gungho plans on making it use it's new evo materials (or the inevitable Gold Mask/Twin Mask/Tri Mask), they have to do something to make it worth the effort.

Tri Color incoming!

Jinko

For some reason when I read new type of Ultimate I thought a new way to evolve it. Not sure why I jumped to that conclusion :S

No idea what I'd do to a Kirin ulti but I think it would be pretty cool if the other Chinese gods would get 2 ulti evos, one of each sub color. For example Haku would have one ulti being Dark/Water and the other Dark/Fire. So you could then team up with the one you're not leading with and use whatever subs you wanted.

J0dy77

No idea what I'd do to a Kirin ulti but I think it would be pretty cool if the other Chinese gods would get 2 ulti evos, one of each sub color. For example Haku would have one ulti being Dark/Water and the other Dark/Fire. So you could then team up with the one you're not leading with and use whatever subs you wanted.

I really want to see what they do with Haku. If they make her any stronger and if I can skill her up during the survery dungeon she may replace Horus for me. Dark/Water or Dark/Dark is what I'm really hoping for from her. Maybe a bump in RCV. Echidna will always be a staple on this team. Being able to stack all dark would be really nice.

I have done zero descends. Just been working on leveling and evoing my monsters. Here is my current box(minus 5 Rainbow keepers, kitty bad shiny and materials). I'm getting ready for Hera Descends to finally have a gravity. what's my best team for that?

For hera, you actually have a great box. I would run either max awoken Godin or your drawn joker as a leader, lucifer, echidna, siren and something with a aoe nuke, and pair with a /max awoken Godin/drawn joker. Make sure you hit over 8.3k hp with your team. Charge up your skills every round and try to avoid taking simultaneous hits. Once you get to the boss, the hard part is just healing up to full after every attack. You should use lucifer on neptune since you wont be able to break his defense any other way. Make sure you have at least one max skilled heart maker, and you should be fine. You will have a lot of panic buttons(echidna, siren, drawn joker, odin), so be conservative with them and use them only when needed and you should be fine.

Edit: Actually on second glance it seems you have a fully functional haku team. I am surprised you haven't done any descends as your team seems pretty much max level. You can probably do descends all the way up to zeus.

I pulled 10 and got 2 mystic mask and one Dub-mythlit. No Tama though but can't complain.

EDIT: just saw this Bastet healer team for Gold Keeper. Last shot is pretty amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfMhf__Ammc
Interesting. No gravities and King Shynee gave it enough burst to 1-shot the GK, even without a weakness bonus. Just a straight 48x ATK multiplier for Healers.

With my theory-crafted DQ Hera team, King Baddie gives a multiplier of 73.5 when taking weakness into account. You'd only be able to use a single gravity so you don't get into GK's Fire type range. But that single gravity takes off over 2mil HP, putting the GK into even lower health range than shown in that video, before you burst attack. You'd also deal another 300K damage with DA Luci's active while enhancing Dark orbs. I'm feeling much more confident that my DQ Hera team should work now.

Might be contentious? Hmm ... I wonder if GH felt like Sakuya was already one of, if not the most powerful monsters in the game, and has a 24/7 available dungeon with a guaranteed drop that skills her up. Maybe they didn't want to make her even more unbalanced and be too superior to other monsters, so they're changing her for the sake of having an ultimate but not necessarily making her better. I dunno.

Jhriad

wait wat, is that batman? and catwoman too.

I want them.

Yeah, the one thing that makes me a little sad about starting this game only recently is that I missed out on some collabs that I would like to have gotten stuff from, if only to have it in my little collection.

I really want to see what they do with Haku. If they make her any stronger and if I can skill her up during the survery dungeon she may replace Horus for me.

Can someone explain this to me? What's a survey dungeon? I've got a Haku just sitting around and I desperately need to move to another leader.

muu

Yeah, the one thing that makes me a little sad about starting this game only recently is that I missed out on some collabs that I would like to have gotten stuff from, if only to have it in my little collection.

Can someone explain this to me? What's a survey dungeon? I've got a Haku just sitting around and I desperately need to move to another leader.

They run twitter surveys in Japan, most popular monster gets featured in survey dungeons. Dragon Knight, Dark Knight, whateverthefuckHomurachan is called, Naga, Piedra dungeons that we've seen are all survey dungeons. Last time Hamahime won, purple chaser was second (I think) and instead of having a hamahime only dungeon they threw both of them in along w/ a bunch of ninjas.

Jhriad

They run twitter surveys in Japan, most popular monster gets featured in survey dungeons. Dragon Knight, Dark Knight, whateverthefuckHomurachan is called, Naga, Piedra dungeons that we've seen are all survey dungeons. Last time Hamahime won, purple chaser was second (I think) and instead of having a hamahime only dungeon they threw both of them in along w/ a bunch of ninjas.

Do these come to the US server as well or is it just the JP server?

It sucks that we had the Hello Kitty collab so early. I didn't pull all of my Fruit Dragons until after the collab was gone, and I couldn't store a bunch of HK skill-up mobs for monsters I had no idea I'd be pulling in the future.

Haven't really followed this discussion too much but since your HP needs to be over 80% and you gotta take one hit from the keeper before you can damage him (Dark damage heals for first 3 turns) you'll have to heal up enough as well. Just a heads up if that wasn't accounted for already.
Yeah. I already considered that. You do need to be able to heal up before doling out damage. That's more of a concern in the pre-boss battles actually, since you need to spend a turn to heal and then still be able to kill the Keepers with your remaining turns. The GK will be 1-shot using all your skills. So just save up some Hearts while its shield is active. Take a hit and heal it back. Then proceed to 1-shot it.

For hera, you actually have a great box. I would run either max awoken Godin or your drawn joker as a leader, lucifer, echidna, siren and something with a aoe nuke, and pair with a /max awoken Godin/drawn joker. Make sure you hit over 8.3k hp with your team. Charge up your skills every round and try to avoid taking simultaneous hits. Once you get to the boss, the hard part is just healing up to full after every attack. You should use lucifer on neptune since you wont be able to break his defense any other way. Make sure you have at least one max skilled heart maker, and you should be fine. You will have a lot of panic buttons(echidna, siren, drawn joker, odin), so be conservative with them and use them only when needed and you should be fine.

Edit: Actually on second glance it seems you have a fully functional haku team. I am surprised you haven't done any descends as your team seems pretty much max level. You can probably do descends all the way up to zeus.

Yeah I've just been grinding and leveling everyone. Preparing myself mentally for descends lol. So is it work dropping 5 of my 14 tamadra on odin?

razterik

It sucks that we had the Hello Kitty collab so early. I didn't pull all of my Fruit Dragons until after the collab was gone, and I couldn't store a bunch of HK skill-up mobs for monsters I had no idea I'd be pulling in the future.

I saved a bunch because I knew I'd pull all of them eventually since they are silver eggs. Picked up the two I needed in the last Godfest. Sitting on max skill for all but Blueberry. Need three more for that one and have 15 kitties left. Going to be close. Will find out whether I got enough while picking up chaser materials this week.

Yeah I've just been grinding and leveling everyone. Preparing myself mentally for descends lol. So is it work dropping 5 of my 14 tamadra on odin?

Looking at your box its definitely worth it as there isn't too many other monsters that could use an awakening over it. I'm just surprised at how far you've leveled your teams without doing a single descend. I still remember scrapping together some low level 40 monsters to do hera. You pretty much have 2 fully functional end games teams in your Luci and Haku, once you get some gravity monsters.

So, as a new Dtron user, I actually have a question about Dtron teams: how do you manage your HP? Her RCV is so high that I'm rarely under 80%, and the team's HP total is so low that sometimes one hit will take me out, so I can't even get into the right threshold. Should I just drop Satan in there or something?

I guess this could also apply for any other HP management teams, like Goemon and Stratios.

ido

Want to get Hera-Is pretty badly. Do I have anything to achieve that? I'm thinking some kind of Lucifer team, but I have never tried that descended before.

SSeelJH.jpg

3ydr7My.jpg

Want to get Hera-Is pretty badly. Do I have anything to achieve that? I'm thinking some kind of Lucifer team, but I have never tried that descended before.
You could do this:

SOD Lucifer
RK
RK
RK
Drawn Joker
SOD Lucifer

It'll be a grind, but you'll be pretty safe. Chaos Devil Dragon might present a problem, though.

Jagernaut

So, as a new Dtron user, I actually have a question about Dtron teams: how do you manage your HP? Her RCV is so high that I'm rarely under 80%, and the team's HP total is so low that sometimes one hit will take me out, so I can't even get into the right threshold. Should I just drop Satan in there or something?

I guess this could also apply for any other HP management teams, like Goemon and Stratios.

What are your DTron team members? You should max lvl the main team and then use Satan for no rcv, or a max skilled Duke Vampire to remove the hearts every 5 turns. You also have to research dungeons in advance and calculate if you can take hits and survive.

Looking at your box its definitely worth it as there isn't too many other monsters that could use an awakening over it. I'm just surprised at how far you've leveled your teams without doing a single descend. I still remember scrapping together some low level 40 monsters to do hera. You pretty much have 2 fully functional end games teams in your Luci and Haku, once you get some gravity monsters.

yeah. Just a lot of Metal dungeons and Pengra villages. that's how I got all my tamadras as well.

Jinko

You will prob want Echidna in there, her first move is a counter which will disable 5 of your members, if she knocks out both Luci's its guna turn ugly.

Problem is you will prob need to use her on Chaos Dragon as well unless you can burst him down.

ido

My Echidna is one away from max skill too. So...

SoD Lucifer
Echidna
Siren
RK
RK
SoD Lucifer?

Do I need a poison for Hera-Is descend? I have Lilith and Neptune.

What are your DTron team members? You should max lvl the main team and then use Satan for no rcv, or a max skilled Duke Vampire to remove the hearts every 5 turns. You also have to research dungeons in advance and calculate if you can take hits and survive.
I don't know yet. I just got her recently, so I'm building Attackers. Right now, I have the following:

D/L Anubis
D/L Yomi (max awoken)
Gryps Rider Finn
Dragon Rider (unevolved)
D/D Batman (max skill)
R/R Freyr
Kagutsuchi (unevolved)
Deathstroke (unevolved)
Beelzebub (evolved, but level 1)
Nobunaga
Various dragons and other crappy Attackers

I don't have Hanzo, which I suppose is a problem.

Narras

You could use the team I used (from the wiki) to get her. This is for a legend run so she's not guaranteed to drop.

Drawn Joker
Siren
Echidna
Hera
Rainbow Keeper
Green Odin Fully Awoken (if you have one)

My Joker/Siren/Echidna are maxed skilled and it was still a pretty tough grind to complete the dungeon.

Kreed

My Echidna is one away from max skill too. So...

SoD Lucifer
Echidna
Siren
RK
RK
SoD Lucifer?

Do I need a poison for Hera-Is descend? I have Lilith and Neptune.

Poison isn't necessary, although it would be nice if you had access to regular Hera. Your biggest issue is going to be the dark demon in round one. If he does Light bind and binds your Lucifers then you're in trouble if you don't have Echidna or RK up (obviously take him out first).

Alternatively you have Drawn Joker, so you could use the traditional strategy of Drawn Joker and Odin as leads (fully awoken preferred so he can't be bound and has auto heal) instead of Lucifer leads (with your awoken Lilith instead of two RK, you could heal more easily). The only drawback of this strategy is obviously the need for hearts and it takes much longer without Morning Stars.

Jagernaut

I don't know yet. I just got her recently, so I'm building Attackers. Right now, I have the following:

D/L Anubis
D/L Yomi (max awoken)
Gryps Rider Finn
Dragon Rider (unevolved)
D/D Batman (max skill)
R/R Freyr
Kagutsuchi (unevolved)
Deathstroke (unevolved)
Nobunaga

Yes, Hanzo is one of the best DTron subs because he has the lowest cool down of any attacker orb changer (starts at 9 turns, can be skilled up to 5 turns).

I like to use dark Ares + Hanzo for a big burst. If I can get rid of green and light orbs first, I'll have an all dark board.

yami4ct

Wasn't paying attention and now I'm behind on my planned team for the Hera dungeon next week. Should be OK, but I could really, really use a couple Super Dragon dungeons this week. Seems like I have 2 team options given what I've got. Here's what I'm thinking

Awoken Odin (fully Awoken)
Dark Golem MKIII
RK
RK
RK
High Lvl Ama O Friend

Obvious team is obvious. Relying on D. Golem means Neptune will be slow going, but this should work if I can get my Odin and DG MKIII up to level.

My option if I miss the HP threshold

Awoken Odin (full)
Poison or Defense Break Goem/Top Droid
?(Ripper dragon?)
? (Skill up marine goblin for hearts?)
Ult Echidna?
Pierdrawn?
Another full awoken odin

Much riskier team, but easier for me to pull off. Makes round 1 quite a bit tougher. It does have some advantages as it allows me to fit in a ripper to clear dangerous rounds quicker and allows me to run Succubus to clear Neptune without worrying about HP.

Here's my PADherder if you guys want to check it out or give me some advice. It won't be easy with any team I could put together I think as I'm not quite where I'd like to be, but I think it's doable.

http://www.padherder.com/user/yami4ct/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0;default,0

Tobe

D/L Anubis
D/L Yomi (max awoken)
Gryps Rider Finn
Dragon Rider (unevolved)
D/D Batman (max skill)
R/R Freyr
Kagutsuchi (unevolved)
Deathstroke (unevolved)
Nobunaga

not having hanzo sucks. but you are super stacked. dl yomi is crazy good not because of CTW but because that +1 sec of orb movement, anubis has an additional 0.5 sec. arranging your hearts so no cascades trigger them and saving them for dragon rider is big.

having gryps and arthur is huge. if you stored hearts correctly you cant take out anything mostly through light damage, if you need big fire power just trigger the dark orbs. ideally you need the orb changers in case you fuck. i try to play with half the board and store hearts and dark orbs on the bottom.

Jinko

Wasn't paying attention and now I'm behind on my planned team for the Hera dungeon next week. Should be OK, but I could really, really use a couple Super Dragon dungeons this week. Seems like I have 2 team options given what I've got.

Super metals tomorrow, you could try it with Bastet team she would probably rip them a new one, depends on your HP though.

yami4ct

Super metals tomorrow, you could try it with Bastet team she would probably rip them a new one, depends on your HP though.

I can run supers no problem. Top droid means I can absolutely destroy them as long as I don't get a super invade first wave. Zero defense whenever a super comes up and use mass attacks and rippers for clean up.

Yes, Hanzo is one of the best DTron subs because he has the lowest cool down of any attacker orb changer (starts at 9 turns, can be skilled up to 5 turns).

I like to use dark Ares + Hanzo for a big burst. If I can get rid of green and light orbs first, I'll have an all dark board.
not having hanzo sucks. but you are super stacked. dl yomi is crazy good not because of CTW but because that +1 sec of orb movement, anubis has an additional 0.5 sec. arranging your hearts so no cascades trigger them and saving them for dragon rider is big.

having gryps and arthur is huge. if you stored hearts correctly you cant take out anything mostly through light damage, if you need big fire power just trigger the dark orbs. ideally you need the orb changers in case you fuck. i try to play with half the board and store hearts and dark orbs on the bottom.
Thanks for the tips!

I actually do have Sasuke, as well. But, aside from him, are there any worthwhile green Attackers?

As for non-Attacker orb changers for dark, I also have Haku and Pandora. Think they'll fit in? I'm just concerned that they can't get 16x, but their orb change skills are pretty great.

saichi

You could use the team I used (from the wiki) to get her. This is for a legend run so she's not guaranteed to drop.

Drawn Joker
Siren
Echidna
Hera
Rainbow Keeper
Green Odin Fully Awoken (if you have one)

My Joker/Siren/Echidna are maxed skilled and it was still a pretty tough grind to complete the dungeon.

I used this line up for Legend last time when Hera-Is was on. It took me 2 stones to clear the stage. No drop though :(

Tobe

Thanks for the tips!

I actually do have Sasuke, as well. But, aside from him, are there any worthwhile green Attackers?

As for non-Attacker orb changers for dark, I also have Haku and Pandora. Think they'll fit in? I'm just concerned that they can't get 16x, but their orb change skills are pretty great.

1 guys that doesnt get the 16x is worth for the amount of orbs he gives. the thing about it is that you are gonna be stuck with fire and water orbs, thats where ares/hanzo comes in.

my dtron is already lvl 92 max awoken and im constantly feeding her pluses. so add me if you havent.

369 376 278

yay for dtron gaf :)

Kreed

noob question, I've got the samba ruby dragon, what should I use it for?

Feed it to your favorite red monster for exp (it's the equivalent of a Super King Ruby Dragon). It has high recovery so it can be used as a sub in situations where you need a recovery boost, but there are other monsters that fill that purpose.

Quantum

It's so random how the Samba Dragon has a team cost of 38, when all the other Supers cost 1.

I think its so people just starting out can't use it -

I was mildly excited on my latest re-roll of my second account until I realized I couldn't use it - then a crappy pink pull sent my second account back to the beginning.

I think I've re-rolled my second account about 800 times so far.

Feed it to your favorite red monster for exp (it's the equivalent of a Super King Ruby Dragon). It has high recovery so it can be used as a sub in situations where you need a recovery boost, but there are other monsters that fill that purpose.

another noob question then, what's recovery? xD

Top Bottom