• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Jinko

I can run supers no problem. Top droid means I can absolutely destroy them as long as I don't get a super invade first wave. Zero defense whenever a super comes up and use mass attacks and rippers for clean up.

Lol you misunderstood my post, no matter though.

I meant try hera with a bastet team.

It's so random how the Samba Dragon has a team cost of 38, when all the other Supers cost 1.
It's because in Chinese (and I assume Japanese as well), 3 is "san," and 8 is "ba." 38. Sanba. That's close enough to Samba.

1 guys that doesnt get the 16x is worth for the amount of orbs he gives. the thing about it is that you are gonna be stuck with fire and water orbs, thats where ares/hanzo comes in.

my dtron is already lvl 92 max awoken and im constantly feeding her pluses. so add me if you havent.

369 376 278

yay for dtron gaf :)
Request sent. I'm John Death.

Ah okay. I get the "38" phonetic easter egg now. I'm surprised such a random number even jumped out at me. Then I learned it wasn't so random at all. =P

Anyway, just did a couple of Trifruit runs with my Satan team. At first I thought the dungeon was harder than Twinlits, and I know several others said the same. But now that I've configured optimized teams for each dungeon, I think Trifruits is definitely easier. Both are vulnerable to poor starting boards, but assuming you don't get orb trolled at the start, I'm much more confident in getting nearly 100% success in Trifruits than Twinlits.

I think I posted it before, but this is my Trifruit farm team:

Satan
Ronia
DJ
D/W Vamp
King Baddie
Satan

Ronia's skill boosts puts it over the top by making sure DJ/Vamp are active for 3F to sweep the Flower and Fruit in 1-shot, leaving TAMA to stall until DJ/Vamp/Baddie are charged. All you need to sweep the Seeds in 1F is either 3 Dark orbs or 5 Fire orbs. So, it's rare to get orb trolled on the first turn. In fact, you can even sweep them with a strong enough Water attack. So that gives you 3 different colors you can use to survive 1F.

J0dy77

Does anyone have luck getting two king metals to drop during a normal metal run? I never, I mean never get two. Can't even recall the last time it happened.

Nista

Does anyone have luck getting two king metals to drop during a normal metal run? I never, I mean never get two. Can't even recall the last time it happened.

Oddly enough this just happened to me when I did one metal run earlier today. Two kings on the first two levels - first one alongside small dragons, second one as an invade.

If only I had a Ronia, I could try that Satan Trifruit team. Guess I'll have to wait until I can field a halfway decent Bastet team instead.

suko_32

I did just today, but if you ask me when the last time that happened was then I really can't say.

Jagernaut

Oddly enough this just happened to me when I did one metal run earlier today. Two kings on the first two levels - first one alongside small dragons, second one as an invade.

If only I had a Ronia, I could try that Satan Trifruit team. Guess I'll have to wait until I can field a halfway decent Bastet team instead.

You don't need a Ronia, most people are running that same team with Hera-Ur instead. I will try it later myself.

razterik

Without Ronia, you have no orb changers available early. Doesn't really work with any consistency.

Having failed this dungeon six times in a row with various teams, I think I would rather beat my head against a wall than try this anymore. Sorry, Sonia, you will be unskilled forever.

Without Ronia, you have no orb changers available early. Doesn't really work with any consistency.

Having failed this dungeon six times in a row with various teams, I think I would rather beat my head against a wall than try this anymore. Sorry, Sonia, you will be unskilled forever.
Yeah. I beat it with Hera-Ur before evolving and awakening my Ronia, but you're at the mercy of whatever the board drops you. If you get to the 3F and can't sweep the side mobs and TAMA binds a leader, then GG. It wasn't consistent at all.

SaintR

Quick question guys... Is everyone running Satan for trifruit. I have him but he's only lvl 53 and not sure if I would do enough dmg.

Jagernaut

Yeah. I beat it with Hera-Ur before evolving and awakening my Ronia, but you're at the mercy of whatever the board drops you. If you get to the 3F and can't sweep the side mobs and TAMA binds a leader, then GG. It wasn't consistent at all.

Can Ronia be replaced by one of the Archdemons? They all have 2 skill boosts and are devil types.

Tobe

Hg2N0n8.png

first maxed monster :) #roadto+297

Alright so Dragon Poker even if it isn't very skill-intensive is by far the hypest dragonesque game I've played so far. Giant flashing letters whenever a boost is happening, jazzy as fuck music, sidebets over the value of the next hand, five player simultaneous multiplayer, the literal ability to nicospam the screen with キターーーーー(゚∀゚)ーーーーー!!

its like the marvel of dragonesque games

Jonsoncao

Banned
I have done zero descends. Just been working on leveling and evoing my monsters. Here is my current box(minus 5 Rainbow keepers, kitty bad shiny and materials). I'm getting ready for Hera Descends to finally have a gravity. what's my best team for that?

Dual Odin team with at least one fully awoken.

Add me if you need a fully awoken Odin: 348 285 288, and my name is Jon.

Alright so Dragon Poker even if it isn't very skill-intensive is by far the hypest dragonesque game I've played so far. Giant flashing letters whenever a boost is happening, jazzy as fuck music, sidebets over the value of the next hand, five player simultaneous multiplayer, the literal ability to nicospam the screen with キターーーーー(゚∀゚)ーーーーー!!

its like the marvel of dragonesque games

I'm sold.

Can Ronia be replaced by one of the Archdemons? They all have 2 skill boosts and are devil types.
Sure. In fact Belial would be an almost identical substitute, serving all the same functions Ronia does on the team. But any of them would work, with Amon being the worst option due to weakness against Wood enemies.

Musan

Yeah, a ronia sub makes a satan team really shine when farming trfruits. I wonder a satan team running with a sonia partner might be worth it just for the active, since it usually OHKOs with a baddie.

As I bet anyone with her can atest, her active ability plus her 2 awakenings that extend move time are amazing on a spike team. I use her on my horus and Ra team's now and she's amazing.

Oh I have her maxed and fully awakened...and shes great on my Haku team, but I havn't started using her on other teams yet. I could probably squeeze her into the Ra team as well.

I can think of other monsters I'd have ahead of her for sure though.

Totakeke

Thinking out loud...

I'm 8727exp to rank up, I have 29 stamina now and 98 max stam. I'll have enough time to regen +91 stamina when Super Metal Dragons come around. So I guess I have 20 stamina to gain not more than 6346exp so I can do 4x super metals. What should I run that's around 30stam/exp?

Nope, don't see anything. Probably worth it to just waste the stamina.

J0dy77

Thinking out loud...

I'm 8727exp to rank up, I have 29 stamina now and 98 max stam. I'll have enough time to regen +91 stamina when Super Metal Dragons come around. So I guess I have 20 stamina to gain not more than 6346exp so I can do 4x super metals. What should I run that's around 30stam/exp?

Nope, don't see anything. Probably worth it to just waste the stamina.

Run whatever is on 1.5x drop in the normal mode a couple times. Never waste a 1/3 of your stamina if you don't have to

Jonsoncao

Banned
Thanks Jon. What subs should I be using?

I go by Count.

One of the key elements is either a defense breaker or a poisoner for Neptune, you can use SoD Luci as well, since after Neptune it is Hades which gives you enough time to heal to full health.

Bring one or two ripper dragons with you, like the Aurora dragon you have, just to clear out the sync'ed enemies on floor 1-4. Use Odins to snipe mystic knights.

Stall on every floor to charge skills. After you reach floor 5, Hera will be in your monster box anyway, it is just a patience game. Hera hit 494 per turn, and Odin heals 500.

Ah okay. I get the "38" phonetic easter egg now. I'm surprised such a random number even jumped out at me. Then I learned it wasn't so random at all. =P

Anyway, just did a couple of Trifruit runs with my Satan team. At first I thought the dungeon was harder than Twinlits, and I know several others said the same. But now that I've configured optimized teams for each dungeon, I think Trifruits is definitely easier. Both are vulnerable to poor starting boards, but assuming you don't get orb trolled at the start, I'm much more confident in getting nearly 100% success in Trifruits than Twinlits.

I think I posted it before, but this is my Trifruit farm team:

Satan
Ronia
DJ
D/W Vamp
King Baddie
Satan

Ronia's skill boosts puts it over the top by making sure DJ/Vamp are active for 3F to sweep the Flower and Fruit in 1-shot, leaving TAMA to stall until DJ/Vamp/Baddie are charged. All you need to sweep the Seeds in 1F is either 3 Dark orbs or 5 Fire orbs. So, it's rare to get orb trolled on the first turn. In fact, you can even sweep them with a strong enough Water attack. So that gives you 3 different colors you can use to survive 1F.

Hmm, going to try your team with cerebus instead of Ronia, since i don't have her. I still get +1 skill boost, just no fire damage. Hopefully it won't make too much of a difference.

Jinko

Well damn some how I miscalculated my stamina and can only run one metal dungeon.

Just got a Cerberus from pal machine, seems pretty weak but could come in handy for a dark team later on ?

Well damn some how I miscalculated my stamina and can only run one metal dungeon.

Just got a Cerberus from pal machine, seems pretty weak but could come in handy for a dark team later on ?

Cerebus is one of the best subs for a satan team. He has pretty much everything you would want in a satan sub, good hp, insane attack, no recovery, row enhance skill boost and orb enhance active.

Hmm we need a king slime dungeon for skill ups, why have the Japanese not voted for that yet ?
I'm guessing for the same reason I wouldn't vote for it. Regular cycles of Super Jewels/Metals makes it rather trivial to skill-up King slimes now. I was able to skill-up all my King slimes by using the Kings I got from a single hour of each color's Super dungeon. The lone exception was King Shynee, which took forever because I skilled it up before we ever got Super Golds. I'd rather get a dedicated dungeon for other monsters that are harder to skill-up.

Seems like my decision to max-skill my Yomi over Venus was the right one. I always like Yomi, but I remember when she was commonly thought of as a lame monster. Nice to see her rise in popularity. I have 3 myself. Not sure which way to evolve the third one, yet.

Does D.Tron getting 3rd mean her drop rate will be higher than usual during Godfest? Or is it just so she appears at all? I noticed L.Tron, Grodin, and Gonia aren't pictured. Will this be the first Godfest to be missing some Godfest-only monsters?

Jinko

I'm guessing for the same reason I wouldn't vote for it. Regular cycles of Super Jewels/Metals makes it rather trivial to skill-up King slimes now. I was able to skill-up all my King slimes by using the Kings I got from a single hour of each color's Super dungeon. The lone exception was King Shynee, which took forever because I skilled it up before we ever got Super Golds. I'd rather get a dedicated dungeon for other monsters that are harder to skill-up.

How would you get enough kings in an hour without spending gems to refresh stamina though ?

How would you get enough kings in an hour without spending gems to refresh stamina though ?
It obviously requires heavy stoning to do that. No way around it. But at least they cycle around regularly now, so you can spread runs out over the long run if you don't want to refresh. But I imagine a lot of Japanese players who would bother voting on these things are heavy IAPers who already maxed skilled their King Slimes the way I did.

Nista

Sure. In fact Belial would be an almost identical substitute, serving all the same functions Ronia does on the team. But any of them would work, with Amon being the worst option due to weakness against Wood enemies.

Seems like my decision to max-skill my Yomi over Venus was the right one. I always like Yomi, but I remember when she was commonly thought of as a lame monster. Nice to see her rise in popularity. I have 3 myself. Not sure which way to evolve the third one, yet.

Heh, guess I should finish awakening good ol' Asty then, for the next time fruits come around. Thanks for the tip.

I'm also wondering what to do with my third Yomi, though I didn't manage to get skill ups on the other two with my terrible luck on ECO.

razterik

Does D.Tron getting 3rd mean her drop rate will be higher than usual during Godfest? Or is it just so she appears at all?

That's Japan, so I'm sure all the featured specials will see 3x rate. The ones not listed won't appear at all. Green Sonia missing further illustrates she should have been 2.5/2.5 for balance and not loldragons.

Starting to agree on King Slimes, although if they are going to stick multiple mobs in the survey dungeons, I wouldn't object if they used them as the filler. Still working on all mine because I keep running out of lits.

Blew most of my light experience stockpile on building up Purin and Wukong for Trifruits and Twinlits. Seems more stable than anything else I've tried so far. And then went 1/1 on Blue Sonia and 2/2 on Green Sonia skill ups. This game...

Yomi was the first god I ever pulled, and it's nice that s/he's good now, but I don't think I would take him/her over anyone else on that list. Maybe the bottom row guys.

Why is Horus so popular? I know he's amazing, but I would think Sakuya would rank higher.

bodine1231

Yomi was the first god I ever pulled, and it's nice that s/he's good now, but I don't think I would take him/her over anyone else on that list. Maybe the bottom row guys.

Why is Horus so popular? I know he's amazing, but I would think Sakuya would rank higher.

He's the easiest to activate.

Top Bottom