• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I'm guessing for the same reason I wouldn't vote for it. Regular cycles of Super Jewels/Metals makes it rather trivial to skill-up King slimes now. I was able to skill-up all my King slimes by using the Kings I got from a single hour of each color's Super dungeon. The lone exception was King Shynee, which took forever because I skilled it up before we ever got Super Golds. I'd rather get a dedicated dungeon for other monsters that are harder to skill-up.

Seems like my decision to max-skill my Yomi over Venus was the right one. I always like Yomi, but I remember when she was commonly thought of as a lame monster. Nice to see her rise in popularity. I have 3 myself. Not sure which way to evolve the third one, yet.

Does D.Tron getting 3rd mean her drop rate will be higher than usual during Godfest? Or is it just so she appears at all? I noticed L.Tron, Grodin, and Gonia aren't pictured. Will this be the first Godfest to be missing some Godfest-only monsters?

Haha Do i sense your no more IAP resolve weakening? I know you've wanted a dtron for the longest time, I just hope you don't get guntrolled again and end up leaving the game entirely.

That's Japan, so I'm sure all the featured specials will see 3x rate. The ones not listed won't appear at all. Green Sonia missing further illustrates she should have been 2.5/2.5 for balance and not loldragons.

Starting to agree on King Slimes, although if they are going to stick multiple mobs in the survey dungeons, I wouldn't object if they used them as the filler. Still working on all mine because I keep running out of lits.

Blew most of my light experience stockpile on building up Purin and Wukong for Trifruits and Twinlits. Seems more stable than anything else I've tried so far. And then went 1/1 on Blue Sonia and 2/2 on Green Sonia skill ups. This game...
What I did to maximize efficiency is skill-up the tricolor slimes back-2-back-2-back. I needed a bunch of Mythlits for various evos already, so I farmed the shit out of Shrine of Sprites during one 2x event. Who does that, right? Anyway, I saved up around 40 of each Lit for future King slime skill-ups. The slimes themselves are easily farmed from the low level dungeons during 1/2 stam days. You'll also pick up some extra Lits along the way. Then I just wait until the the Super dungeons come around and farm the shit out of it to raise a bunch of King slimes. The great thing about the Super dungeons is that there are no wasted drops. The Highs are used to level up the Big slimes before evolving. And of course extra Kings and Supers are always welcome. Better than running Snake Princess 3 times and getting a bunch of shit and no guaranteed Naga drops.

Haha Do i sense your no more IAP resolve weakening? I know you've wanted a dtron for the longest time, I just hope you don't get guntrolled again and end up leaving the game entirely.
Haha no. Just wondering. Though it would make me regret not holding off for such an event. I may pull a couple times here and there with free stones though, and hope to get lucky.

yami4ct

Didn't know Yomi was so good. Guess I should be thankful for pulling her during the last G.Fest. Her active seems godly if I had a place to fit her on one of my teams.

Kreed

Yomi was the first god I ever pulled, and it's nice that s/he's good now, but I don't think I would take him/her over anyone else on that list. Maybe the bottom row guys.

Why is Horus so popular? I know he's amazing, but I would think Sakuya would rank higher.

Don't think of this list as a popularity contest, vs what most Japanese players (both long term and new) want. For example, notice Haku and Hanzo aren't on the list, even though those two won the "skill up monster" poll. But it makes sense because those players that voted in that poll wouldn't vote for those same monsters in a Godfest because they already have them. Yomi being at the top of the list makes a lot of sense when she was the most unwanted God monster for most of the game. And Horus now has a new ultimate, so all those players who skipped Horus for Kirin/the other Chinese Gods now want him for his F/L ultimate.

yami4ct

Ugh, i've burned at least 400-500 stamina on this damn trifruit dungeon already and i haven't beat it once. Nothing that I am trying seem to work.

I have absolutely zero interest in running that dungeon unless they end up making it easier or making the evos that use tri-fruits better. As it stands, nothing that uses them seems to be remotely equal to the work to get the material. Now, that'll likely all change by the time I've gotten to the point where running it is even an option.

I've been floundering a little with the game lately. I am trying not to spend much money any more to chase after better monsters during godfests but because of that I feel like I cannot get through a lot of the more recent dungeons. I am still on the last regular dungeon (and the Zaerog one after that) and I think I am on the last technical dungeon before Kouryu. I have gotten through a number of the descended but mostly by spending stones. Anyway, here is my box - any direction on what I should be focusing on would be greatly appreciated (as well as finding out if there is any total junk that can free up some space)

561ee0fe8e310379fa1ddda11217067e.png
19832d21a9f643d47e2d74f1ed7551d8.png
d6c530431306ec1b4780d9690ef6d397.png

f86b0be07d93237279be8a34efeabb46.png
c6dd526e30cd3b2b5e1812b2c34a4dab.png
c4f552a1cc39c7706eedeae177f15df6.png

54003ddd4f9b9b9cbbf662b616057dc4.png
8206e5df08fb1ff631f2856b28b174c2.png

I've been floundering a little with the game lately. I am trying not to spend much money any more to chase after better monsters during godfests but because of that I feel like I cannot get through a lot of the more recent dungeons. I am still on the last regular dungeon (and the Zaerog one after that) and I think I am on the last technical dungeon before Kouryu. I have gotten through a number of the descended but mostly by spending stones. Anyway, here is my box - any direction on what I should be focusing on would be greatly appreciated (as well as finding out if there is any total junk that can free up some space)
You have a lot of really capable leaders in there: Ares, Freyr, Goemon, Hera-Ur, Isis, Bastet, Astaroth, Olympios, Kirin, Ltron, Satan, and Pandora.

I was going to suggest any of those, til I saw Kirin sitting in there. She should be your focus.

EDIT: Just saw Horus, too. He's ballin'.

You have a lot of really capable leaders in there: Ares, Freyr, Goemon, Hera-Ur, Isis, Bastet, Astaroth, Olympios, Kirin, Ltron, Satan, and Pandora.

I was going to suggest any of those, til I saw Kirin sitting in there. She should be your focus.

In the absence of Luci and Haku, I thought Kirin might be the one I have to focus on. Questions:
1 - What would make the best team for her? I have a feeling that may change dungeon to dungeon, but probably not too much.
2 - Put my +'s on her? If Valk or Echidna are part of her standard team I would guess they might be other options.
3 - Is she worth awakening?
4 - And the big one - how do you get good at using her??? I've tried and sometimes the board just screws me over. I get 3 out of the 4 colors to match but run out of time to get the last one.

I have absolutely zero interest in running that dungeon unless they end up making it easier or making the evos that use tri-fruits better. As it stands, nothing that uses them seems to be remotely equal to the work to get the material. Now, that'll likely all change by the time I've gotten to the point where running it is even an option.

I kinda share your feeling. I really don't have any use for any of the trifruit, but I kinda want to beat it for the stone. However, it seems like thats not happening, and the dungeon just sits there mocking me. Ugh.

Jagernaut

In the absence of Luci and Haku, I thought Kirin might be the one I have to focus on. Questions:
1 - What would make the best team for her? I have a feeling that may change dungeon to dungeon, but probably not too much.
2 - Put my +'s on her? If Valk or Echidna are part of her standard team I would guess they might be other options.
4 - And the big one - how do you get good at using her??? I've tried and sometimes the board just screws me over. I get 3 out of the 4 colors to match but run out of time to get the last one.

I don't have Kirin but I think the standard team is Valkyrie, Hera-Is, Echidna, and Verche.

You can also ultimate evolve Horus to Fire/Light, he is really strong and easier to activate.

J0dy77

You have so many capable leaders just need to focus on the big teams. Horus and Kirin can get through almost anything, work on both of those. You have the max valch and Echidna already, work on getting verche max skilled and max leveled along with Hera-IS... destroy everything in your path.

You also seem to be running low on + eggs. Try and focus on OOH and King of Gods on the weekend to get the +eggs going into Kirin and Echidna (echidna is more universal, Kirin should get them if you care more about Pal points).

Edit: just saw your comment about Kirin. Best thing to do is practice. Having max skill verche and Valk will help this team a ton and makes boss fights insanely easy when you activate them together. You can wind up matching half the board in light damage and multiple light matches really boosting the damage of 4 of your team members (this is what makes her best in the game).

The other tip is that when you can't activate her on the board don't worry about matching as much as possible. Clear all of the dark orbs, hearts if you're not going to take damage and any color that might have 6 or more on the board (in that order). This sets up the board for activation for the next turn. It really is all about practice, the more you do it the better you'll get.

Kirin still eludes me, unfortunately, but I do have Horus and U&Y, so I guess that's kind of close.

1. I'd go with Jagernaut's suggestion but maybe replace Hera-Is with Siegfried. That way, you still get the blue damage, but you also get orb changes in case you're short on blue. Gravity just takes too long to charge for my taste.

2. Sure, sounds good.

3. Hard to say. I'd say probably not, but it does suck to get jammers or blinded.

4. Practice. I also like to load up on orb changers, in case I'm missing a color. It's probably even worth replacing Valk with G/R Cu Chulainn or Gigas, since then you can have Verche fill in for yellow and then you can also get green/red or blue from hearts.

Not worth skilling up lilith this way IMO. Wait until poring tower and you will get drops that skill up lilith without needing to be evoed.
Maybe it's to rush out a Dtron team for twinlits tomorrow. If Jagernaut's suggested team with two Liliths works well, I'll be farming that shit all day.

EDIT: Since I've nothing to do in PAD today til 10 PM, I went ahead and got Brave Frontier. Is there anything amazing I should be rolling for at the start?

coy

*24 Hour Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 2/28 (Fri), 8:00 PM - 3/1 (Sat), 7:59 PM (PST)

Indian Series Gods and Demons have arrived at the Godfest! If you're looking for Parvati Balanced teams or Shiva Attacker teams, now's your opportunity!

The Rare Egg Machine will have 3x rates for Indian Gods and Demons. On top of that, we've also added in their 6★ evolved forms as well. That means twice as many gods have a chance to appear! The event lasts 24 hours, so don't miss out!

- Indian Gods Series -
Shiva
Lakshmi
Parvati
Indra
Vritra

- Demons Series -
Belial
Amon
Astaroth
Baal
Fallen Angel Lucifer

- Special -
Odin
Odin, the War Deity
Phantom God Odin
Archangel Metatron
Dark Angel Metatron
Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia

Jonsoncao

Banned

EDIT: Just saw Horus, too. He's ballin'.

You forgot to mention he has Robin......

EDIT: do you guys know when will this dungeon come to US?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93M7jwGbUg4
金曜ダンジョン 天獄塔 超地獄級 弱小ゼウスパ

Tobe

You forgot to mention he has Robin......

EDIT: do you guys know when will this dungeon come to US?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93M7jwGbUg4
金曜ダンジョン 天獄塔 超地獄級 弱小ゼウスパ

eventually it will come, bye bye free godly tama. it sucks that i cant farm twinlits, i would need another lilith. :(

chrono01

I can easily pass on this Godfest.

It's a good thing too, since I need to save every Magic Stone I can for the upcoming EVA collaboration.

razterik

Zombie dragon is incredibly easy since it is non-technical. Can be run with dual dark resist. Did it in JP with Pierdra and Chaos Devil Dragon and a bunch of random dragons. Take as much light damage as you can if you aren't blitzing it. Has Vritra skill ups and the boss is green/dark enhance.

J0dy77

*24 Hour Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 2/28 (Fri), 8:00 PM - 3/1 (Sat), 7:59 PM (PST)

Indian Series Gods and Demons have arrived at the Godfest! If you're looking for Parvati Balanced teams or Shiva Attacker teams, now's your opportunity!

The Rare Egg Machine will have 3x rates for Indian Gods and Demons. On top of that, we've also added in their 6★ evolved forms as well. That means twice as many gods have a chance to appear! The event lasts 24 hours, so don't miss out!

- Indian Gods Series -
Shiva
Lakshmi
Parvati
Indra
Vritra

- Demons Series -
Belial
Amon
Astaroth
Baal
Fallen Angel Lucifer

- Special -
Odin
Odin, the War Deity
Phantom God Odin
Archangel Metatron
Dark Angel Metatron
Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia

Sweet, won't be tempted to roll. Can save all stones for Hera/Haku skill up disappointment instead. :)

Tobe

i knew the time would come when my 3 maxed awoken wind mech dragons come in handy :p

il probably just resist it and put gryps and arthur.

Kreed

The return of ADK?

Ancient Dragon Knight and Dark Dragon Knight teams can be used but the Dragons do hit hard (Zombie Dragon hits around 20k on the highest difficulty) so I would still consider running a resist partner. If you have Purple Stone Dragon, Green Stone Dragon, or Nebradisk you can run Dual Dragon Knights and then swap in the defense Dragons when it's time to take on Zombie Dragon.

Ancient Dragon Knight and Dark Dragon Knight teams can be used but the Dragons do hit hard (Zombie Dragon hits around 20k on the highest difficulty) so I would still consider running a resist partner. If you have Purple Stone Dragon, Green Stone Dragon, or Nebradisk you can run Dual Dragon Knights and then swap in the defense Dragons when it's time to take on Zombie Dragon.

Yeah I know. I was making a joke based on the fact that ADK used to be super popular but now is never seen.

Radav

Argh.... twinlit dungeon fail again. I so rarely get the first floor to work out for me. Between the Trifruit/Twinlit dungeon and Gungho's insistance on tossing more stuff into the REM instead of adding some more interesting gameplay mechanics I'm just about done.

The new material dungeons do seem kind of ridiculous. Especially the trifruits. All the evos require 2 or 3 trifruits, and since they spawn in groups of 3s, you need on average 180 stamina just to get the one you want. And the evos arent even that good!

Kreed

Yeah I know. I was making a joke based on the fact that ADK used to be super popular but now is never seen.

I never understood the purpose of Draggie Knight only having a 2.5 multiplier and being so difficult to obtain vs the other King Slime monsters. It's like Gungho just wants to keep screwing Dragon types over just because they are the most plentiful of the types. The game may as well be renamed Puzzles and Devils at this point or Puzzles and Trophies.

The new material dungeons do seem kind of ridiculous. Especially the trifruits. All the evos require 2 or 3 trifruits, and since they spawn in groups of 3s, you need on average 180 stamina just to get the one you want. And the evos arent even that good!
On the plus side G.Keeper, even if he's balls hard is a guaranteed drop and has no RNG walls to get past.

Top Bottom