• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

On the plus side G.Keeper, even if he's balls hard is a guaranteed drop and has no RNG walls to get past.

Yeah, I actually don't mind the golden keeper too much. It's a hard dungeon but it seems relatively fair at least. The stupid twinlits and even worse, the trifruits, all have ridiculous dungeons for a non-guaranteed drop. Gungho is basically saying FU to people trying to get 2 or 3 lits/fruits at 60 stamina a pop and a 50%/33% drop rate.

Tobe

How long have Trifruit and Twinlits been out in Japan, has there been no outcry from them ?

Perhaps they're happy to throw stones at it though.

they toned it down a bit for the regular friday version of twinlits at the cost of the tama. thing is first board is really random, i think they could solve that by cutting down 1 lit or by reducing the dmg. still most efficient way to farm twinlits is getting enough skill ups to have a cd orb changer on first turn. that way you dont get fucked.

muu

I'm closing to max skilling boob princess or whatever the blue pirate dragon is called, and I think I've gotten one blue pirate out of this...

Are there good spike teams for speeding through this dungeon? Right now I'm doing a twin luke / 3 grav / Parvati team, there's literally 0 chance of me dying (60K hp and a 5-turn heart maker that runs on blue gems, lol) but it takes anywhere from 15-25mins per run. I could theoretically run a Horus or a Umiyama team, getting above 16000HP to survive the pre-emptive may be a challenge unless I add some oddball chars with high HP.

How long have Trifruit and Twinlits been out in Japan, has there been no outcry from them ?

Perhaps they're happy to throw stones at it though.
Don't really check Japanese social media so I don't know how bad the complaining is, but I think the G.Keeper dungeon, nerfs to Twinlit/Trifruit difficulty, and addition to PAL machine seem to indicate some sort of acknowledgement of the issues.

Nista

Eh I much prefer twinlits falling on a weekend. I know I'm just going to let sta sit all day because I don't want to waste 60 sta on a bad lvl 1 board and rage at work. :p

Also too much going on at once on a Thurs yet again.

So, I tried out this team for Twinlits:

Dtron
D/L Anubis
Lilith
Gryps
D/D Batman
Dtron

It didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. Round 1 is killer if you don't have Hanzo or at least six dark orbs on the board. I might switch back to my Olympios team for now.

I think I'm around 0/15 on getting Tamadra to drop in Twinlit in my PAD career.

Edit: Then one drops....yay.
I feel like they tweaked the Tamadra drop rate in that dungeon to be less than 33%. I got a bunch of them the first time that dungeon rolled around, and now I'm getting none. I got one last time.

Currently at 2 angelit (enough for F/L Horus), 2 devilit (1 more for DQ Hera), and 1 Tama for my troubles. Using a Zeus/Echidna/Orochi/Verche/Hera-Is team. If I play it right, it goes pretty well but that first floor... Leave 3 mythlits and I'm pretty much toast, 2 is questionable.

So, 2 tamas...what to awaken?

muu

Changed pt to Luke/Parv/Caolila/Grav/Grav. Chaos ball rips through first 4 floors and numbers still work out so I can take down boobprincess with ease. Now if only pirates started dropping.

Ok so I'm doing pretty well (I think) with my first team, but two things are frustrating me right now:

1. I keep getting stomped by Gigas in the Tower of Giants. Am I supposed to grind and grind until I can beat him?
2. What should I be doing with all of the evo materials? They are taking up so many spaces in my monster box. I've expanded it to about 50 slots, and over half of it is evo materials.

Right now my team is: Sakuya LV 10, Naga LV 17, Flame Fighter LV 4, Topaz Carbuncle LV 13, and White Knight LV 15. I want to switch the Flame Fighter for my Tyrannos, but it costs too much.

I'm just running older dungeons over and over again, then trying Gigas again and getting killed in 1 hit...

^

To activate Sakuya's leader skill you have to attack with a Red, Blue, Green and Yellow monster at the same time. You already got Yellow(Sakuya) and Red(Naga) covered by totally awesome mobs, but you can change out any of the other ones to make sure you have all the colors on your team.

Also team up with other people running Sakuya to get that crazy x25 damage going which will one shot a lot of the content in the game. Check out the Google doc in the OP to find friends.

It's quite hard to match all four colors though so it's gonna take some practice, but the earlier you start the better.

You can also run a friend leader who has 50+% red resist, which may allow you to take a hit from Gigas and survive. Might want to ask somebody in the thread for one cause those guys aren't too common nowadays.

Speaking of which, might be a good time for a friend spreadsheet refresh? Hasn't been cleaned out in months.

Well, with my 2 angelits I now have a F/L Horus. I did end up with 3 devilits. The bummer is I had the super metals to make DQ Hera but I used them this morning to level up some of the creatures I used to get the dang things!

^

To activate Sakuya's leader skill you have to attack with a Red, Blue, Green and Yellow monster at the same time. You already got Yellow(Sakuya) and Red(Naga) covered by totally awesome mobs, but you can change out any of the other ones to make sure you have all the colors on your team.

Also team up with other people running Sakuya to get that crazy x25 damage going which will one shot a lot of the content in the game. Check out the Google doc in the OP to find friends.

It's quite hard to match all four colors though so it's gonna take some practice, but the earlier you start the better.

You can also run a friend leader who has 50+% red resist, which may allow you to take a hit from Gigas and survive. Might want to ask somebody in the thread for one cause those guys aren't too common nowadays.

Speaking of which, might be a good time for a friend spreadsheet refresh? Hasn't been cleaned out in months.
Oh! I totally misread her skill. I thought you had to simply match all of those colors to activate it, I didn't realize you had to have a mob of each color on your team! I'll look at what I have and make some adjustments. It's pretty tricky to do, you're right, but I might as well start early.

Two stoned twinlits . Which was considerably better than the last time. Got a Tama to drop and now have two angelits.

So. What to use them on? Options are hold on to them or Ra

Jagernaut

I beat Twinlits 5 times with my DTron team (failed a couple of times on the first board because my Hanzo is not skilled up) and only got 1 Tamadra. Also got 4 Devilits in a row and then finally the 1 Angelit I needed to evolve Parvati to G/L.

Ducarmel

That's fantastic, thanks!

Is the pal machine the best way to get Verche? Or a mystic light knight as it may be? I'm only lvl 42.

I don't think any of the mystic knights drop from the pal machine, he does drop from REM especially during a light carnival (I would not suggest you pull the REM for him) he was actually my first REM pull when I started and did not know better to reroll.

Wait for his survey dungeon or check out some of the other dungeons he drops
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=104

He actually drops in Noble Mechdragon if you can come up with a team to do master during 2x drop this weekend maybe you might be lucky to get him to drop.
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=613

But I would pass on it since you are low rank. I would suggest just grind Tower of Giants : Dragons of the Tower this weekend until you reach the point where you cant rank up after spending a whole stamina bar on it.

Totakeke

I would suggest the alternative if you're not in a hurry with the game. Don't waste your early ranks of easy stamina grinding off normal dungeons. Use it to farm monsters you'll eventually need. Especially if you have strong leaders and can potentially tackle harder dungeons without a lot of team cost.

coy

I finally attempted Twinlits on my alt and was fortunate enough to go 3/3 running with:

Zeus / Kirin / Apollo / Lilith / Echidna / L/L Zeus friends

I got extremely lucky by always having at least 3 light orbs. Much less stressful than past attempts. The rest of the floors are cake as long as you pay attention. I now have D/L Yomi and am deciding between saving the 2 Angelits for Isis or try and grab 1 more for Zeus.

I also went 5/7 on my main while dying to dumb stuff like forgetting to wait for binds to clear on my leads before going to FL4. I continue using the same team from my initial runs:

Izanagi / Hades / Neptune / Bastet / Echidna / L/L Zeus friends

While I think a Zeus/Zeus team with delay/poison is the "safest" option, I rather prefer a rainbow setup if only to lessen the harm on FL1 when no more than 2 light orbs are present. I invested tons more XP to Izanagi so I went with him for lead rather than Zeus. I will say going with a rainbow team affords me opportunities to still clear the dungeon with light orbs are absent at the onset. That said, I feel like I have this setup down so I will continue to use it as long as I can clear the dungeon.

Of course, all these runs got me a total of 1 Tama. So sad.

Jagernaut

Detailed strats, please? =)
Ok, first here is my team.

Dark Metatron - max lvl and awakenings
Hanzo - max lvl and awakenings
Fire/Dark Ares - max lvl and awakenings, +42
Witch of the Night, Lilith - lvl 57, max skill, 1 awakening (for auto heal)
Witch of the Night, Lilith - lvl 52, max skill, 1 awakening (for auto heal)
Dark Metatron friend - max lvl and awakenings, +297

Total team hp must be at least 13,335 to survive the preemptive dub mythlit attacks on the 3rd stage.

Stage 1. You need one 5 dark orb match (a row is not necessary) and 2 or 3 off color matches to easily clear the little lits and leave the mythlits. My team has 6 skill boosts so if i had my Hanzo skilled up to 6 turns I could use him right away. My Hanzo is still at 9 turns so I depend on some luck here. If there aren't 5 dark orbs, try to combo as much as possible with dark, fire, and light orbs to kill at least 2 of the little lits. You can survive 2 hits from the little lits and hopefully the mythlits will try to bind instead of attacking. Once you clear the little lits, kill one mythlit at a time. If you are below 80% health, one light orb match will kill 1 mythlit (your leaders can't be bound if fully awakened). Do not match dark orbs unless you are above 80% health or you will kill all the mythlits. Stall until Ares is 5 turns away from having his skill charged and 1 Lilith is 1 turn away from having bind expire (the other Lilith should be 3 turns or less from having bind expire). Heal when possible. Once all the binds are almost gone, kill the last mythlit and keep healing while eliminating light and green orbs.

Stage 2. Use the first Lilith right before the dublits attack. Make sure you heal to full health and keep eliminating light and green orbs.

Stage 3. Use the 2nd Lilith right before the Tamadra binds and keep eliminating light and green orbs.

Stage 4. On the first turn, just eliminate as many light and green orbs as possible. On the second turn, take the hit to get in the <80% hp zone. Use your skills in this order: Ares, Hanzo, Dtron and you will have close to a full enhanced dark board. Now make 2 big horizontal rows of dark orbs using the poison orbs to separate the rows, this should 1 hit ko both Twinlits. If there are still light and green orbs on the screen make sure they do not keep you from making full horizontal dark rows. You can't survive matching 6 poison orbs at once so stagger them matching 4 and then 2. Example below where x are poison orbs.

XXXX00
0000XX

On 1 run, the Angelit attacked first putting me under 80% hp but the Devilit did not attack yet so there were no poison orbs. The board was almost all dark so there was no need to make rows and I killed both Twinlits easily.

edit. you can use Haku instead of Ares and not worry about poison orbs, but her skill does not make the 3 colors evenly so you could end up with a lot of blue orbs and not have enough dark orbs after using Hanzo to 1 hit ko the dark Twinlit.

Dark ultimate Ra or light ultimate Ra?

I've got two angelits, and I'm not going after another twinlit run so no Zues Olympios.

Either way I have to wait a bit (for dub amelit or light keeper respectively) but I'm not sure which is actually better. One gives 6x for doing what I've always done, another is like a not as good Horus, except when everything comes together and then It's ridiculous...

I'm torn

Fucking hell. Just had what I thought would be a perfect Twinlits run when I accidentally connected 3 dark orbs as I was done setting up the board on the Tama. Still had one Haku bound for 4 turns and so I only got one turn to kill the lits, it was one turn too little and had to use a stone. God damn that was annoying. Got the Tamadra at least.

Also got 3 Angelits now, so time to ulti Zeus, is he useful for anything other than that same dungeon though?

colinp

Banned
I don't think any of the mystic knights drop from the pal machine, he does drop from REM especially during a light carnival (I would not suggest you pull the REM for him) he was actually my first REM pull when I started and did not know better to reroll.

Wait for his survey dungeon or check out some of the other dungeons he drops
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=104

He actually drops in Noble Mechdragon if you can come up with a team to do master during 2x drop this weekend maybe you might be lucky to get him to drop.
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=613

But I would pass on it since you are low rank. I would suggest just grind Tower of Giants : Dragons of the Tower this weekend until you reach the point where you cant rank up after spending a whole stamina bar on it.

Thanks for the tips!

Quick question: what is a survey dungeon?

Thanks for the tips!

Quick question: what is a survey dungeon?

It's a set of (now seven) dungeons which have a high rate to drop certain important utility mobs for the purposes of easily skilling them up:
Mystic Dark Knight
Mystic Stone Knight
Mystic Light Knight
Naga
Mystic Flame Knight
Pierdra (and Dark Lady)
Hamahime (and Dark Chaser)

Which mobs have gotten these dungeons were determined by Twitter surveys every time the official Twitter account @pad_sexy breaks some milestone of followers. They rotate back in on US every few months.

colinp

Banned
It's a set of (now seven) dungeons which have a high rate to drop certain important utility mobs for the purposes of easily skilling them up:
Mystic Dark Knight
Mystic Stone Knight
Mystic Light Knight
Naga
Mystic Flame Knight
Pierdra (and Dark Lady)
Hamahime (and Dark Chaser)

Which mobs have gotten these dungeons were determined by Twitter surveys every time the official Twitter account @pad_sexy breaks some milestone of followers. They rotate back in on US every few months.

Ah ok, thanks. When was the last time the US had one?

Ok, first here is my team.

Dark Metatron - max lvl and awakenings
Hanzo - max lvl and awakenings
Fire/Dark Ares - max lvl and awakenings, +42
Witch of the Night, Lilith - lvl 57, max skill, 1 awakening (for auto heal)
Witch of the Night, Lilith - lvl 52, max skill, 1 awakening (for auto heal)
Dark Metatron friend - max lvl and awakenings, +297

Total team hp must be at least 13,335 to survive the preemptive dub mythlit attacks on the 3rd stage.

Stage 1. You need one 5 dark orb match (a row is not necessary) and 2 or 3 off color matches to easily clear the little lits and leave the mythlits. My team has 6 skill boosts so if i had my Hanzo skilled up to 6 turns I could use him right away. My Hanzo is still at 9 turns so I depend on some luck here. If there aren't 5 dark orbs, try to combo as much as possible with dark, fire, and light orbs to kill at least 2 of the little lits. You can survive 2 hits from the little lits and hopefully the mythlits will try to bind instead of attacking. Once you clear the little lits, kill one mythlit at a time. If you are below 80% health, one light orb match will kill 1 mythlit (your leaders can't be bound if fully awakened). Do not match dark orbs unless you are above 80% health or you will kill all the mythlits. Stall until Ares is 5 turns away from having his skill charged and 1 Lilith is 1 turn away from having bind expire (the other Lilith should be 3 turns or less from having bind expire). Heal when possible. Once all the binds are almost gone, kill the last mythlit and keep healing while eliminating light and green orbs.

Stage 2. Use the first Lilith right before the dublits attack. Make sure you heal to full health and keep eliminating light and green orbs.

Stage 3. Use the 2nd Lilith right before the Tamadra binds and keep eliminating light and green orbs.

Stage 4. On the first turn, just eliminate as many light and green orbs as possible. On the second turn, take the hit to get in the <80% hp zone. Use your skills in this order: Ares, Hanzo, Dtron and you will have close to a full enhanced dark board. Now make 2 big horizontal rows of dark orbs using the poison orbs to separate the rows, this should 1 hit ko both Twinlits. If there are still light and green orbs on the screen make sure they do not keep you from making full horizontal dark rows. You can't survive matching 6 poison orbs at once so stagger them matching 4 and then 2. Example below where x are poison orbs.

XXXX00
0000XX

On 1 run, the Angelit attacked first putting me under 80% hp but the Devilit did not attack yet so there were no poison orbs. The board was almost all dark so there was no need to make rows and I killed both Twinlits easily.

edit. you can use Haku instead of Ares and not worry about poison orbs, but her skill does not make the 3 colors evenly so you could end up with a lot of blue orbs and not have enough dark orbs after using Hanzo to 1 hit ko the dark Twinlit.
Thank you for this post. I don't have Hanzo or Ares yet, so it looks like I'm stuck using Olympios for now. But I'll definitely save this for later reference.

Jinko

Nice zombie dragon dropped second try on master, must be my lucky day.

Did it with chaos knight voice the second time and it went so much faster.

Zero_IYAD

Dragon Zombie was really easy!
It just felt it took forever to finish that fight!
Running all kinds of spike teams spoiled us xD

tumblr_n1p9sdxLyJ1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Jagernaut

I beat the lower difficulty of Dragon Zombie with a CDK Voice/Green Sonia team really quickly but no drop. I'll try the higher level next.

Jagernaut

Beat Dragon Zombie legend with the same team, no problems.

CDK Voice - max skilled
Ultimate Drawn Joker - max skilled
Ultimate ADK - max skilled
Caol-ila
Nobunaga
Green Sonia

Edit. Mass attacking with both green and dark killed the bone fish in 1 turn.

razterik

Wow at Droid dragon. He will be pretty standard now for dungeons that throw more common status effects at you. Two would grant total immunity to blind, jammer, and poison. Actually might even be worth a +297.

J0dy77

Dragon zombie easy clear. Though I am not sure if there's any practical use of the monster.

I was having crazy flash backs of the pre-nerf Rainbow Keeper dungeon with the Zombie Dungeon. Took a lonnggg time to get through Legend. Master was a joke. Just bring one resist and your ADK. Stack Light dragons and duel resist for Legend if you want to go for the stone.

The dragon itself would have been a descent drop had it not been for the awful awful stats. He has something like 680 attack evo'd at 99. Why do the dragons suck so much in this game?

J0dy77

Oh! I totally misread her skill. I thought you had to simply match all of those colors to activate it, I didn't realize you had to have a mob of each color on your team! I'll look at what I have and make some adjustments. It's pretty tricky to do, you're right, but I might as well start early.

For all of the other players building Kirin teams Izanami is worth spending some stones to get the Light/Water version. Can use her to replace Hera-IS and she may be a better overall team member depending on the dungeon. With her it makes 5 primary light team members and echidna.... SOOOO strong.

Top Bottom