• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

saichi

For all of the other players building Kirin teams Izanagi is worth spending some stones to get the Light/Water version. Can use her to replace Hera-IS and she may be a better overall team member depending on the dungeon. With her it makes 5 primary light team members and echidna.... SOOOO strong.

There is a Light/Water version of Izanagi? and Izanagi is a she? Not picking on you but trying to understand which mob you are referring to for Kirin team.

EDIT

He means Izanami, current descend boss today.

ya I figured that out once I visit the PDX and saw the descend

razterik

The dragon itself would have been a descent drop had it not been for the awful awful stats. He has something like 680 attack evo'd at 99. Why do the dragons suck so much in this game?

Uh, that's his max attack at level 1. He tops out at 5k HP and 1.2k ATK. Fantastic stats for teams he will be in.

There is a Light/Water version of Izanagi? and Izanagi is a she? Not picking on you but trying to understand which mob you are referring to for Kirin team.

ido

I'm almost level 100, and I have yet to get a Mystic Dark Knight. It would be a good addition to my Lucifer team, but I can't ever seem to get one anywhere.

I'm non-IAP but I have enough stones saved to safely roll 3 times during this godfest and still have some left over for the descended dungeons I want to do soon(Hera-Is and Hera... I still don't have a gravity).

Hoping I get something usable with those 3 rolls.

bodine1231

0/8 Dub Myth runs...

888.gif

J0dy77

Uh, that's his max attack at level 1. He tops out at 5k HP and 1.2k ATK. Fantastic stats for teams he will be in.

Jeez that post was a train wreck, thanks for the corrections Razer. That's what happens when I research at 5am and lacking coffee.

He does seem like a pretty solid sub now. He's color mixture is hurting though and lacking RCV

Totakeke

I'm almost level 100, and I have yet to get a Mystic Dark Knight. It would be a good addition to my Lucifer team, but I can't ever seem to get one anywhere.

I'm non-IAP but I have enough stones saved to safely roll 3 times during this godfest and still have some left over for the descended dungeons I want to do soon(Hera-Is and Hera... I still don't have a gravity).

Hoping I get something usable with those 3 rolls.

What are you rolling for? There isn't really any god I'd roll for non-IAP this godfest.

Kreed

Jeez that post was a train wreck, thanks for the corrections Razer. That's what happens when I research at 5am and lacking coffee.

He does seem like a pretty solid sub now. He's color mixture is hurting though and lacking RCV

Gungho made him as the perfect sub for Green Sonia teams (color type matches her skill and lower rcv covered by Green Sonia's rcv multiplier).

hermit7

He is decent enough for a gsonia team. Same role as hera ur would be. Personally I think that he would be a good stat stick in an Astaroth tank team as well. They have high enough RCV that his low amount would be mitigated and at 4x assuming two he alone would add 20 hp.

Kyuur

Another Friday, another two runs without a single Dub-topalit. I am swimming in Dub-mythlits. I will never get to evolve my Kirin!

Totakeke

He is decent enough for a gsonia team. Same role as hera ur would be. Personally I think that he would be a good stat stick in an Astaroth tank team as well. They have high enough RCV that his low amount would be mitigated and at 4x assuming two he alone would add 20 hp.

I'd say usually Astaroth teams on descends doesn't have much problem taking hits but healing through them is another thing if you're not levelled enough or have enough +eggs, so I'm not sure that he has a place considering his active skills doesn't mesh either.

Jinko

0/8 Dub Myth runs...

888.gif

Heh i know that feeling, I actuallty got 2 out 3 runs so far today, but have started to work my way through the technical dungeons so I can run Hill of Iris's Rainbow during the week.

Can farm XP, pengdra's and Dub-mythlits all in one dungeon that way.

ido

What are you rolling for? There isn't really any god I'd roll for non-IAP this godfest.

Nothing really. I guess it would be fun to get an Odin, or one of the Sonia's.

I never really use the REM so I figured I would try it at least once.

What's not good about this if you are non-IAP?

Totakeke

Nothing really. I guess it would be fun to get an Odin, or one of the Sonia's.

I never really use the REM so I figured I would try it at least once.

What's not good about this if you are non-IAP?

There's nothing remarkable about the godfests gods unless you have specific team spots you need to fill. Wait till better godfests to roll for odins or sonias since they're in every one of them.

razterik

For non-IAP, I wouldn't roll in this Godfest unless you have a really strong red team for 3x Shiva or already have Red Sonia and need some devil subs. None of the demons are that outstanding on their own. Lakshmi is still pretty junk and Parvati is a great sub, but still replaceable. Neither of their 3x versions is worth running outside a few instances.

hermit7

I'd say usually Astaroth teams on descends doesn't have much problem taking hits but healing through them is another thing if you're not levelled enough or have enough +eggs, so I'm not sure that he has a place considering his active skills doesn't mesh either.

Levels can be an issue but most teams throw in a heart maker anyways. Grab joker or something.

The rest are probably gravities. Or another archdemon to keep the counter attack up.

ccbfan

Twinlits have completely changed my dynamic for dub-myths.

I have so many Dub myths now and need other others dubs but don't want to run the friday dungeon cause I don't want more Dub myths.

Actually feel like Color Dubs are the hardest set of evo mats to get.

These I just have a bunch because of regular play.

Dub-Myth I get a bunch from Twinlit
Myth I get a bunch from Twinlit
Mystic Mask I get a bunch from Neptune runs.
Divine Mask I get a bunch just from farming tier 5 and survey dungeons.

These I have to try to farm

Demon Mask I can get from tier 3 dungeons or low mask dungeon. Also Demon Mask and Evo mask usually are in the same evolution set so doing the low tier mask dungeon is 2 birds with one stone at only 10 stam.
Lowest Lit? 3 stam dugeons.

Dup single colors? Not many options except friday at 25 stam. The regular dungeons they appear in aren't exp/farm worthy.

linsivvi

Yeah pretty much the same situation here. Single color dubs are the only thing I have trouble farming.

Thanks to twinlits runs, I have 12 dub-mythlits and only need 7 to evolve everything I deemed worthy of evolving.

Kyuur

I am seriously considering just powering through to Forbidden Tower - Door of Light and Shadow just to farm dark/light dubs since they are a regular mob there. I don't really have a problem with the main color trio since you always get at least 1 per Friday run.

suko_32

Yeah pretty much the same situation here. Single color dubs are the only thing I have trouble farming.

Thanks to twinlits runs, I have 12 dub-mythlits and only need 7 to evolve everything I deemed worthy of evolving.

I have 16 dub-mythlits and 22 mythlits.

Twinlits contributed some along with King of Gods and Pengdra farming, but similar to you guys I only have 4 Dub-amelits.

The other major reason for so many is probably because I skipped like 3-5 godfests.

Jinko

Twinlits have completely changed my dynamic for dub-myths.

I have so many Dub myths now and need other others dubs but don't want to run the friday dungeon cause I don't want more Dub myths.

Actually feel like Color Dubs are the hardest set of evo mats to get.

These I just have a bunch because of regular play.

Dub-Myth I get a bunch from Twinlit
Myth I get a bunch from Twinlit
Mystic Mask I get a bunch from Neptune runs.
Divine Mask I get a bunch just from farming tier 5 and survey dungeons.

These I have to try to farm

Demon Mask I can get from tier 3 dungeons or low mask dungeon. Also Demon Mask and Evo mask usually are in the same evolution set so doing the low tier mask dungeon is 2 birds with one stone at only 10 stam.
Lowest Lit? 3 stam dugeons.

Dup single colors? Not many options except friday at 25 stam. The regular dungeons they appear in aren't exp/farm worthy.

Nice if you can zero stone twinlits, I have run across quite a few of coloured dubs in the higher technicals, they aren't brilliant xp but when you consider a chance at a dub and a chance at an evolved pengdra its not too bad.

It really goes to show how broken the game is though that you are almost required to run twinlits just to evolve mid level evolutions.

Just started playing deadmans cross (guardians cross but with zombies) anyone else playing this ?

Nice if you can zero stone twinlits, I have run across quite a few of coloured dubs in the higher technicals, they aren't brilliant xp but when you consider a chance at a dub and a chance at an evolved pengdra its not too bad.

It really goes to show how broken the game is though that you are almost required to run twinlits just to evolve mid level evolutions.

Just started playing deadmans cross (guardians cross but with zombies) anyone else playing this ?

Well, its not required since you can still run the Friday dungeons and just have terrible drops =)

As for the colored lits, I run the last stage of the tier 6 normals during 1.5x. You get both the colored dublit and chance of gold kings, plus good rank exp and + eggs. I usually have the most trouble farming the low level evo mats, since i never run those dungeons otherwise.

Ha, Droid Dragon is gonna be a boss. Glad I saved 2 of them, though it makes me uneasy thinking about dumping 18 TAMAs just like that. I remember (along with everyone else) thinking those awakenings sucked when they were introduced. Everyone wanted orb enhances instead. Then I realized orb enhances suck and these are much more desirable. Between Droid and Fruit Dragons, there is definitely not a lack of targets for TAMA feeding.

Ha, Droid Dragon is gonna be a boss. Glad I saved 2 of them, though it makes me uneasy thinking about dumping 18 TAMAs just like that. I remember (along with everyone else) thinking those awakenings sucked when they were introduced. Everyone wanted orb enhances instead. Then I realized orb enhances suck and these are much more desirable. Between Droid and Fruit Dragons, there is definitely not a lack of targets for TAMA feeding.

Finally making Dragons not suck. Only took a year or so...Damn that's a lot of Tams though.

Honestly, I feel like orb enhances are the most useless awakenings ever. The damage boost you get is so minimal its really a nonfactor. Plus it doesn't even work on orb changers, which means the one time you want burst, it doesn't work. If they just made it so it applied to orb changers, that would make the skill a lot more desirable.

EDIT: You only need 15 tamas, not 18. You dont need to finish awakening the second one.

Jagernaut

Damn that Zombie Dragon was a grind. Kinda glad I've never rolled a Lucifer. D:

I'm surprised that so many people are grinding through with a double Drawn Joker team. 2x hp is the same as 50% resist so using a CDK Voice (2x hp & atk) as one leader speeds things up. You can use Green Sonia, ADKZ, Drawn Joker, or something else as the other leader.

I'm surprised that so many people are grinding through with a double Drawn Joker team. 2x hp is the same as 50% resist so using a CDK Voice (2x hp & atk) as one leader speeds things up. You can use Green Sonia, ADKZ, Drawn Joker, or something else as the other leader.

The hard part is not the 2xHP but recovering once you take the hit. Most teams run 2x DJs which is 75% resist.

Nista

If anyone is running a Gronia today, please add me so I can give Legend a try later. at least 50% of my friends list is Drawn Jokers right now, lol.

I only got 1 tama out of my Twinlit runs yesterday, but I did screw up twice on the opening round. Makes me wonder if I should actually evo Zeus to ultimate, cause then I'd be even more likely to wipe everything out...

Kreed

I'm sure the Japanese players and their boxes full of free Tamadras we haven't gotten will be happy to have another monster to dump them into.

linsivvi

Well since I'm ever only going to run the zombie dragon once so I didn't mind grinding and went with an ultra safe setup, double DJ and Nebradisk to swap in during the boss rounds. I did have 3 biweekly light dragons that did most of the damage with their active skills.

Kyuur

Why is everyone talking about Droid Dragon all of a sudden? Is there some news I missed?

Edit: Blah, missed it earlier in the thread. Ignore me. :<

J0dy77

Yeah, I realized that pretty early on in the Awakening period. Orb enchance seemed so desirable but really doesnt have much benefit. I like them on the chines 3.5x teams since you can add three and pair up with a similar partner for 40% but otherwise it's a very minor boost.

I'm sure the Japanese players and their boxes full of free Tamadras we haven't gotten will be happy to have another monster to dump them into.

Yuuuupppp

Wow, doesnt this break the game a bit though lol, gungho will fix it later on by excluding dragons from descended.
It really doesn't because its stats are paltry, and you'd have to have two of them to have full immunity. Barring a few exceptions Dragon types also don't synergize all that well with other types (which is one of their bigger weaknesses in this game; not only are they weak overall, they don't place nice with others).

Kreed

Wow, doesnt this break the game a bit though lol, gungho will fix it later on by excluding dragons from descended.

Well you still have to bring two Droid Dragons into the dungeon for complete immunity, which would hinder a lot of teams and strategies (say for example if you need two delays and at least one gravity to complete a dungeon).

xCobalt

Well you still have to bring two Droid Dragons into the dungeon for complete immunity, which would hinder a lot of teams and strategies (say for example if you need two delays and at least one gravity to complete a dungeon).

A kirin team with droid dragon has full blind and jammer immunity which is pretty good imo.

Top Bottom