• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Damn the Zombdragon has a brutal drop rate on master. 0 for 3.

It really doesn't because its stats are paltry, and you'd have to have two of them to have full immunity. Barring a few exceptions Dragon types also don't synergize all that well with other types (which is one of their bigger weaknesses in this game; not only are they weak overall, they don't place nice with others).

The stats aren't so great, but some units can be shoehorned into teams based on actives and awakenings. Look at Echidna before her ultimate. She was in every team despite having a rough attack and hp.

J0dy77

Damn the Zombdragon has a brutal drop rate on master. 0 for 3.

Run it in legend with dual resist. There's really no risk it just takes forever.

I decided to brute force Izanami since I'm skipping this Godfest. Ended up spending a net of three stones with a refresh and one stone used on each Izanami run on legend. Got both to drop so I can't complain at all. I would love to max out the light version for Horus team but man that dungeon is brutal. I may have a better shot when Horus gets skill block awakening but for now it's just way to hard to run consistently for skill ups.

Running These dungeons today and getting to use Yomi and change the world helped a ton. I can totally see why she's #1 in the JP Godfest. One second orb movement and change the world are so strong. Change the world definitely saved me a stone on both boss runs.

linsivvi

Run it in legend with dual resist. There's really no risk it just takes forever.

I decided to brute force Izanami since I'm skipping this Godfest. Ended up spending a net of three stones with a refresh and one stone used on each Izanami run on legend. Got both to drop so I can't complain at all. I would love to max out the light version for Horus team but man that dungeon is brutal. I may have a better shot when Horus gets skill block awakening but for now it's just way to hard to run consistently for skill ups.

Running These dungeons today and getting to use Yomi and change the world helped a ton. I can totally see why she's #1 in the JP Godfest. One second orb movement and change the world are so strong. Change the world definitely saved me a stone on both boss runs.

I spent 6 stones with a near max Kirin team. 4 stones were spent on the first round though because I screwed up so much. At least I got light Izanami and evolved her already so I'm not complaining either.

razterik

Managed to fish some stones for one more JP pull - Kirin. Got all the components for her already, so that's awesome.

Trolling Zombie Dragon with Green Sonia and whatever else is on my list is so satisfying. Wish they would come out with more mid level stuff like this. Not everything has to be so dang hard, guys.

yami4ct

Got enough stones for a Godfest pull on my Japanese account and got a Susano. Cool. Good thing I've the gunma collab going as well so I can work on getting him skilled up. Seems he might have some uses later on.

Still not pulling on the us one, though. That one seems like one of the least useful Godfests I've seen in a while.

Jagernaut

Decided to do just one pull and I got Red Sonia! I have had good luck getting the special Godfest only monsters, I have pulled 3 Green Odin, 1 Blue Odin, and 1 Dark Metatron since I started 400 days ago. Now I need 5 more Tamadra.

Kyuur

Got Genie and Fairlion, not too bad as I'm slowly growing my light monsters.

3 rolls:

Belial

Ice Golem

Shiva

Any good?

Belial and Shiva are both great Devil subs. Shiva can also be used for a 9x fire team and as a defence breaker for Wednesday/Friday dungeons.

Ice Golem is meh but can be used as a temporary sub for water teams with really high HP.

muu

Got the itunes cards from last weeks deal so figured I'd pull a few times.

Ice Golem
Angel
Flame Golem

Aaaaand I'm done

Jagernaut

3 zero stone runs of Izanami legend with this team. Very safe if you use Lucifer at the right times.

GOdin - max awakened
L/L Zeus
Hera-Is
SOD Lucifer
Vritra
Amaterasu - max awakened

I fought Dark Izanami 3 times in a row and 2 of them dropped. I'll try for Light Izanami next time the dungeon comes around.

coy

I missed this dungeon when it came last time (during Super Bowl so understandable reason). Anyways, let me say how much I appreciate we can use Odin/Ammy for a descend if only so I was allowed to be a lazy ass today. 0-stone Legend run with Diza at the end and she dropped (wanted her for Okuni team) so yay! Now to wait a bit more for another shot at Liza. All that said, I went in with:

Godin / Hades / Hera / Lucifer / Mastering / Ammy

Without enough research, I was unsure how to deal with the barrage of poison orbs and jammers if I didn't bring along Mastering. Turns out a buff Ammy makes Mastering unnecessary.

Ok so I give up on this game. Like I reported earlier, with my rooted phone the only way to actually play the game was to disable Xposed Framework. Which was fine. But then when I finished playing for a bit and went to re-enable Xposed, the phone kept crashing and it wouldn't activate. I tried everything, unintalling PAD, reinstalling it, uninstalling Xposed, reinstalling it, nothing. Luckily I had a Titanium backup so I just reflashed my phone, and selected Xposed to be installed in the ROM and that finally got it back. So it looks like if I ever want to play the game I would have to reflash my phone every time I'm done playing. Which is too much of a headache for this awesome game unfortunately :(

What other games like this are out there and full of cool drops and also very much RPG-ish?? I'm also playing Brave Frontier, but PAD was so much better and I'm missing it.

Anyone got any other suggestions for games?

Noirulus

GUYS I GOT RED SONIA WITH 3 PULLS WORTH OF STONES IN MY ACCOUNT, ON THE LAST PULL. (FIRST TWO TRIES WERE 3* EGGS)

AND TWITCHPLAYSPOKEMON HAS FINALLY BEATEN THE GAME

WHAT A JOYOUS DAY

edit: Shit, after reading the post above mine, I feel like a jerk. :(

GUYS I GOT RED SONIA WITH 3 PULLS WORTH OF STONES IN MY ACCOUNT, ON THE LAST PULL. (FIRST TWO TRIES WERE 3* EGGS)

AND TWITCHPLAYSPOKEMON HAS FINALLY BEATEN THE GAME

WHAT A JOYOUS DAY

edit: Shit, after reading the post above mine, I feel like a jerk. :(

I wouldn't be, tonight was a good night. What with SCR, twitch beating pokemon and whatever personal accomplishments were had today/yesterday.

Yaari

Does Dark Tron ever have better odds? I dont need anything other than the special gods, I better wait til next time if not. I just want Red Sonia and Dark Tron. Already got most of these.

Jinko

Ok so I give up on this game. Like I reported earlier, with my rooted phone the only way to actually play the game was to disable Xposed Framework. Which was fine. But then when I finished playing for a bit and went to re-enable Xposed, the phone kept crashing and it wouldn't activate. I tried everything, unintalling PAD, reinstalling it, uninstalling Xposed, reinstalling it, nothing. Luckily I had a Titanium backup so I just reflashed my phone, and selected Xposed to be installed in the ROM and that finally got it back. So it looks like if I ever want to play the game I would have to reflash my phone every time I'm done playing. Which is too much of a headache for this awesome game unfortunately :(

What other games like this are out there and full of cool drops and also very much RPG-ish?? I'm also playing Brave Frontier, but PAD was so much better and I'm missing it.

Anyone got any other suggestions for games?

Tower of Saviors is just as good and better in a lot of ways, maybe try that instead.

RPG quiz is quite a good game also.

quin

For anyone wanting to run the Evangelion dungeon to skill up Lucifer, Grodin and Isis here is some good advice I hope.

If you want the evolved version of the monsters you almost have to run the hardest difficulty. Anything less and the chances become pretty unlikely of them dropping, even on 1.5x days.

Run the Thursday dungeon to death. You're going to need everything from that dungeon.

After 2 days of hitting it pretty hard, i now have;

-max skilled odin
-lvl 3 odin
-max skilled isis
-lvl 2 isis
-lvl 14 lucifer
-lvl 8 Tenth angel

Good luck!!! And bring Ra if you have him. The Sixth Angels are sooo annoying

razterik

Probably going to run Legend for evolved drops, toss the rest. Sixth Angel is the only one that isn't cost prohibitive to evolve, with the other two at ~40 stamina for evo material alone. And this is without accounting for the 45k exp to max before evolution.

J0dy77

Tried my hand at Hera-IS mythical this morning. Having new evo Horus made me optimistic. Then I had this happen:

3KLqjjEl.jpg

First time the board went cold on me all run. Plot twist though, I popped all orb changes, used change the world to give me the best chance of orb cascade and got a red match with just enough to clear her. Crazy ending to the run.

Edit: more goemon friends please.

NineH

Decided to do just one pull and I got Red Sonia! I have had good luck getting the special Godfest only monsters, I have pulled 3 Green Odin, 1 Blue Odin, and 1 Dark Metatron since I started 400 days ago. Now I need 5 more Tamadra.

I'm jelly of your Godfest only gods haul even though I have managed to pull 9 of them. 7 Grodins and 2 LMetas. I want the other ones :(

Edit: J0dy77, I put up my max lvl Goemon for you though it has no awakening, +'s and no skillups. Hope thats okay.

Kyuur

Woot, got a free Tama from a random PAL draw!

Has anyone tried a 4/4/1 team with two twinlit Archangels? I'm thinking it could work due to the naturally high RCV of healer teams. Or maybe 2/6/1 with a Valk.

Yaari

Did 8 pulls with good result. 2 Shiva, Kirin and DTron.

I want to make a Dtron team but no Red Sonia. I do have Hanzo Ares and Minerva and Kagu. Can I do anything with that?

Kreed

Did 8 pulls with good result. 2 Shiva, Kirin and DTron.

I want to make a Dtron team but no Red Sonia. I do have Hanzo Ares and Minerva and Kagu. Can I do anything with that?

Hanzo, Ares, and Kagu are three of the most used subs for a Dark Metatron team. If you have a Gryps Rider lying around throw that into the team as well. Otherwise King Flamie and Beelzebub are good candidates for your team.

Tobe

Yeah I got Haku and no Gryps but Dragon Rider :(

dragon rider is not the best for light damage, sure its nice but its your take all the hearts away form me please.

if you have too many hearts to manage pop dragon, bam hearts are turned into dark orbs.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
3 rolls

Fallen Angel Lucifer
Fallen Angel Lucifer
Lightning Storm, Fuma Kotaro

I think I'm a little let down finding Lucifer's skill only works when light enemys are on screen.

Kreed

dragon rider is not the best for light damage, sure its nice but its your take all the hearts away form me please.

if you have too many hearts to manage pop dragon, bam hearts are turned into dark orbs.

Ideally it would be better if he could combine him with Gryps Rider, but both are for 1 shot kill situations anyway cause of their cool downs, plus it's an attacker sub, so that already makes it useful for Dark Metatron's leader skill.

So is there even a point in having a Haku when I have a Kirin? I mean I do need Hera Is and Valk for my Kirin team but should I even bother with two separate Spike teams? I want to know where my plus eggs should start going. haku has been getting all my atk eggs.

xCobalt

So is there even a point in having a Haku when I have a Kirin? I mean I do need Hera Is and Valk for my Kirin team but should I even bother with two separate Spike teams? I want to know where my plus eggs should start going. haku has been getting all my atk eggs.

I don't have a Haku myself but I'd say it does better against Light bosses. Having the entire board change to just the required colours (twice!) could amount to some big damage assuming you get a good combo going.

saichi

double DJ team to get Zombie Dragon earlier... now with DJ/GOdin team for Hera-IS Mythical

A lot of PAD today just for 2 runs...

double DJ team to get Zombie Dragon earlier... now with DJ/GOdin team for Hera-IS Mythical

A lot of PAD today just for 2 runs...

Can you give me an example of a good DJ/Grodin team for hera is? I want to try to get her. I have no gravities btw(aside from kirin)
My Current box(minus yesterdays kirin). I'd prefer the slow and safe approach cause i'm terrible with spike teams ATM.

Has anyone tried a 4/4/1 team with two twinlit Archangels? I'm thinking it could work due to the naturally high RCV of healer teams. Or maybe 2/6/1 with a Valk.
That's an interesting idea. It would probably work well against bosses that hit for a lot every few turns. But even with naturally high RCV, without an RCV multiplier, you'd still get overwhelmed by bosses that hit hard every turn. Even dual Lucis can't keep up with some bosses that smack you for massive damage every turn. It would be perfect if it could used in today's Zombie Dragon dungeon for example. Basically, a good general farm team and useful against certain types of bosses, but not Mythical descend worthy.

Top Bottom