• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Jonsoncao

Banned
double DJ team to get Zombie Dragon earlier... now with DJ/GOdin team for Hera-IS Mythical

A lot of PAD today just for 2 runs...

Any idea on the team members on board of the resist team for Hera-IS?

I am guessing RK, Echidna, Siren, and a poisoner will do, say Lilith? What are their lvls?

Jagernaut

Last July I used a Abyss Neptune/Odin team with 2 Heras, max skilled Siren, and a skill level 3 Echidna for Hera-Is on legend. It took me 4 runs to get her to drop. That was before awakenings and before monsters that can switch to leader. I wouldn't attempt Hera-Is without gravities or a strong spike team.

After clearing out the low level challenge dungeons with Kagu/Echidna, the Sonias have been cutting through the mid-tier dungeons like butter. I only have Ronia which is max level/awoken and no +stats. But teaming up with 5 other +297 Ronias, puts the team over 23K HP. And with 12 Skill Boosts, they quickly activate their skills. That's 6 skills to change the board all Fire and Dark plus 12 row enhances. Sometimes I'll throw in an Echidna if anyone is running her. Or I just cleared Neptune using a Shiva friend. I guess it would work with the other Sonias too. I just don't have the other ones.

I wonder if this team could clear King of Gods. Maybe I'll try when my stam regens. Might need to request an Orochi helper though. I should be able to get away with not using any skills until 9F since I can tank Tiamat's hits and maybe even kill it before it attacks. I'd use a skill on the 9F boss to 1-shot it(hopefully) then Orochi would give me at least 6 turns to kill Zeus and 4 actives to use.

saichi

Any idea on the team members on board of the resist team for Hera-IS?

I am guessing RK, Echidna, Siren, and a poisoner will do, say Lilith? What are their lvls?

The team I'm using (still in stage so can't check exact lv)

DJ - Lv 40-ish
Lilith - Lv 40-ish, one awaken skill which heals 500 each turn
RK
Siren - Lv 57, lv 4 skill
Echidna - Lv 50-ish, lv 3 skill

Friend: GOdin - Lv 82, fully awaken

It's basically the same line up I did for Hera except I had Bluebird instead of Lilith. I do have Lv 52 Awoken Hera but I chose to use Lilith cause of the auto heal 500 HP each turn. Combined with GOdin's auto heal, I recover 1000 HP each turn guaranteed. It's slower than a team with Hera but I think much safer.

Ha! I totally over-guessed the damage potential of a single active Ronia leader, even with a team full of +297 Ronias. I entered King of Gods with 5 Ronias and an ultimate Orochi. 4 of the Ronias were +297, putting me over 23K HP. Stalling to charge Orochi was no problem. But I realized I was in trouble in the 8F fight. I wasn't in danger of dying, but it took longer than expected to take down Tiamat. Not a good sign with CDD and Zeus still to come. Fortunately CDD showed up with a 3 turn timer. Unfortunately, a single Ronia activation only took off half its life. I barely scratched its life bar with the second attack and had to activate another Ronia to take it down. Next was Zeus, which I knew I had no hope of killing now, but I wanted to see just how much damage I could do with 3 Ronia activations and 6 turns to attack. I only got him down to half life before he demolished me.

Colby

For Hera-Is Legend, I used double Abyss Neptune leaders, and my subs were Siren (max skill/Awoken), Hera-Is, DQ Hera, and Amaterasu (max Awoken). The trouble spot is round 5, where you will need to have at least 16,500 HP (not exact, but close) and be able to heal that much every three turns. Not too bad if you play conservatively. Amaterasu is there to negate Hera-Is's binds, which makes Hera-Is a joke. You can replace a gravity with a Golem if you need the HP or want the extra defense.

linsivvi

Ha! I totally over-guessed the damage potential of a single active Ronia leader, even with a team full of +297 Ronias. I entered King of Gods with 5 Ronias and an ultimate Orochi. 4 of the Ronias were +297, putting me over 23K HP. Stalling to charge Orochi was no problem. But I realized I was in trouble in the 8F fight. I wasn't in danger of dying, but it took longer than expected to take down Tiamat. Not a good sign with CDD and Zeus still to come. Fortunately CDD showed up with a 3 turn timer. Unfortunately, a single Ronia activation only took off half its life. I barely scratched its life bar with the second attack and had to activate another Ronia to take it down. Next was Zeus, which I knew I had no hope of killing now, but I wanted to see just how much damage I could do with 3 Ronia activations and 6 turns to attack. I only got him down to half life before he demolished me.

Echidna locking him to death with resist/resolve lead is a slow but very reliable way of clearing the dungeon.

6.4.2 next week. What's new? Score attack?

razterik

Should be 4th Awakenings for all gods. Shiva ultimates, whenever they feel like making them live. Tiamat and Volcano dragons as well. Norse countdowns reduce to 9. Indra and Vritra go back to buffing Gods and Dragons. Dark Zeus now active at <50% HP. Light Meta becomes light/light.

Oh, and maybe the Thursday/Friday dungeon updates. Boo.

Edit: Might be just the Heroic god leader skill updates and a few other tweaks like the colored HP bar? I mean, all the stuff above is 6.4.2 in Japan, but who knows how they will splinter content.

Oh god damn, the highs and lows of running goemon in KoG. Got a dub to drop in the first floor and wasn't paying attention to the mob's timer. End up throwing it all away. I need sleep.

Can't remember what the next update brings either. Hope they activate shiva busty already.

Cels

so i got pretty lucky...

d6oUurJ.jpg

Yaari

If anyone runs Goemon during the weekend that has around 10 skill then please add me. I have 10 skill as well, kind of need that if I want to have enough time to stall.

As for the Dark Metatron thing I asked last time, I also found out Anubis turns into a pretty awesome Attacker sub-type when evolved. Is he sufficient as a sub?

ID:

J0dy77

Just saw this video for twinlits. Completely missed that Divinegon got this amazing buff. He's a dragon that is actually worth using now.

http://youtu.be/HZvJoRfh43c

I love when one of my mobs was a terrible pull when I got them but then becomes amazing down the line (see: Yomi).

I'm not sure if I have enough skill reduction awakenings to make this work though.

Kreed

As for the Dark Metatron thing I asked last time, I also found out Anubis turns into a pretty awesome Attacker sub-type when evolved. Is he sufficient as a sub?

Yes, especially on a all Dark Metatron team since his active now turns wood orbs into dark orbs, so with Ares and Hanzo that's every color orb turned to Dark except Light, which will still be enhanced by Dark Metatron's skill.

J0dy77

Oh god damn, the highs and lows of running goemon in KoG. Got a dub to drop in the first floor and wasn't paying attention to the mob's timer. End up throwing it all away. I need sleep.

Can't remember what the next update brings either. Hope they activate shiva busty already.

Yeah KoG Gomeon drives me crazy. I can go on runs where I dont wipe for a while then I wipe 2 of 3 times to complete nonsense. I have it setup where the only chance I can get trolled is when I activate Goemon on round 9 to 1 shot CDD. If I don't get a heart cascade there I'm guaranteed the clear on Zeus. My last run I had at least 14 hearts match after Goemon board clear.

Kyuur

Just saw this video for twinlits. Completely missed that Divinegon got this amazing buff. He's a dragon that is actually worth using now.

I love when one of my mobs was a terrible pull when I got them but then becomes amazing down the line (see: Yomi).

I'm not sure if I have enough skill reduction awakenings to make this work though.

The hero gods are basically this on steroids once they get buffed.

Nista

Is Beelzebub worth going after if you aren't sure about zero stoning? I don't have enough awakenings to be poison resistant, so I figured I'd have to run a busty Horus team.

Jagernaut

Ultimate Divinegon actually has a good leader skill, I wasn't paying attention. I have 1 sitting in my box. I had a Tiamat as well but I fed him for his plus since I thought he was useless.

Jinko

Made it look crazy easy, too bad we don't have the ultimate in the US version yet.

Maybe I will pursue this for the future though.

I forgot to ask before, but does anyone know why some players are stacking +RCV on their Satans? I've seen several different players in my friends list with +99RCV on their Satans. And these are high rank players who should know what they're doing. I can't think of a single reason for it.

Kreed

Is Beelzebub worth going after if you aren't sure about zero stoning? I don't have enough awakenings to be poison resistant, so I figured I'd have to run a busty Horus team.

It depends on your team. Beelzebub's active gives you access to blue and dark orb enhance. While Dark orb enhance is a little more common (Zombie Dragon, Hera-Ur, etc...) since we never got the Ragnarok Odyssey collab which gives access to blue and green enhance, the only other monster that can enhance blue orbs in the US version is Kraken. If you don't run a team that needs blue orbs, you can skip him.

Made it look crazy easy, too bad we don't have the ultimate in the US version yet.

Maybe I will pursue this for the future though.

Keep in mind that the sub awakenings on this team is very important. Lemon Dragon, Kotaro, and both Divinegons have Row boosts which are increasing the power of the attack from matching one row. Also, all the late bloomer dragons got a similar ultimate for different colors, so if you don't have Divinegon but have any of the other 4, you can still attempt this with the right colored subs.

Edit:

I forgot to ask before, but does anyone know why some players are stacking +RCV on their Satans? I've seen several different players in my friends list with +99RCV on their Satans. And these are high rank players who should know what they're doing. I can't think of a single reason for it.

It's "possible" to overcome Satan's negative rcv with the right subs (a bunch of +99 rcv light metatrons/Raphael for example). But otherwise I can't think of a good "practical" reason. Maybe they fed an old +297 egg monster to Satan? Or maybe they just want the pal points from people who look at +297 satan and think it's better than +198?

Kreed

What is Ult. Divinegon's leader skill?

Divinegon's new trifruit ultimate gives you a x2.5 multiplier for connecting 5 orbs, up to x3 for 6 orbs. The other 4 Late bloomer dragons (Ifrit, Fafnir, Leviathan, Tiamat) got the same leader skill for their Trifruit ultimates but for their colors.

linsivvi

After the update to version 6.4.1 on 3/6, Puzzle & Dragons will give Android users the option to install some data to external storage (such as an SD card) if there is not enough room on the device itself.

Holy shit. I thought they would never address this. That means I can remove the mod I installed on my phone just to run PAD but slows down my phone to a halt on many things.

It's "possible" to overcome Satan's negative rcv with the right subs (a bunch of +99 rcv light metatrons/Raphael for example). But otherwise I can't think of a good "practical" reason. Maybe they fed an old +297 egg monster to Satan? Or maybe they just want the pal points from people who look at +297 satan and think it's better than +198?
5 +297 L.Trons still only gives you 5800 RCV. Still way less than needed to offset Satan's -9702 RCV(that's with +99 RCV).

I don't know. Like I said, these are high rank players who you'd expect to know what they're doing. IIRC, I even think UPC is one of those guys with a +99 RCV Satan. Not sure, though. Anyway, just wondering if anyone here knew for sure. I guess I can just message some of them in-game and ask them about that secret Satan tech.

idk where else to discuss this but the PVP Colosseum in Dragon Poker just opened for the first time since I started playing. 5v5 battles with the winner determined by a combination of various factors such as damage dealt and not dying. First strike goes to the team that assembled the highest value poker hand, and while you resurrect when you die you don't contribute to the attack for the turn if you're KOed. Game continues to be hype as fuck.

^^^ tbf UPC intentionally trolls high level players by doing things like leaving monsters at LV98/+296.

J0dy77

5 +297 L.Trons still only gives you 5800 RCV. Still way less than needed to offset Satan's -9702 RCV(that's with +99 RCV).

I don't know. Like I said, these are high rank players who you'd expect to know what they're doing. IIRC, I even think UPC is one of those guys with a +99 RCV Satan. Not sure, though. Anyway, just wondering if anyone here knew for sure. I guess I can just message some of them in-game and ask them about that secret Satan tech.

Sounds like they're just showing off. Unless there is a bug there is no reason to do it.

You could prob do it with 2 x valks and two awoken lemon dragons also. (you'd be more likely to get board trolled though)

2 valks wouldn't work, you won't have the burst for the final round. The reason this works is because he has 9x damage with 60% or 70% row enhancement, Light enhancement from Divinegon along with at least 5 or 6 skill reduction.

You avoid being trolled in round 1 because of the three orb changers with skills ready when the dungeon starts.

Wu Kong is now my most wanted mob after the additional awakenings to all of these light mobs. Wu Kong x2, Thor, Raphael, Divinegon and Orb changer could probably burst anything. Maybe drop Divinegon for another orb change.

Jinko

2 valks wouldn't work, you won't have the burst for the final round. The reason this works is because he has 9x damage with 60% or 70% row enhancement, Light enhancement from Divinegon along with at least 5 or 6 skill reduction.

You avoid being trolled in round 1 because of the three orb changers with skills ready when the dungeon starts.

Wu Kong is now my most wanted mob after the additional awakenings to all of these light mobs. Wu Kong x2, Thor, Raphael, Divinegon and Orb changer could probably burst anything. Maybe drop Divinegon for another orb change.

You would still have the same row enhancement, lemon dragons have 2 row enhancement and 2 skill reductions, as I said it would require you to use 2 though.

The lack of light enhance buff might be an issue though, hard to say.

^^^ tbf UPC intentionally trolls high level players by doing things like leaving monsters at LV98/+296.
Ha! I have noticed a lot of his leaders being Lvl.98, but I just figured that was him not wanting to waste exp when he's still feeding skill-up, +stat, and awakening monsters to them. That's what I do, anyway.

I haven't bothered farming either of the 2 Pirate dungeons we got. Didn't seem worth it to me. Max-skill Chiyome would be nice, but not nice enough to farm the Red Pirate just for her at those drop odds. Don't care about Suzaku either and still sitting on 2 extra Flame Chasers that I'm not even motivated to evo and feed. But I was looking at the other Pirate dungeons still coming up, and both the Light and Dark Pirate dungeons look much more worthy of farming, imo. Each of them have 3 monsters worthy of skilling-up. Light has skill-up mobs for Fuma, Kushi, and L.Tron. Dark has skill-ups for Chiyome, Okun, and Haku. Some may even find the Green Pirate worth farming for Kushi and U&Y. Don't care about Meimei.

coy

Finally! Decided to try and finish +egging her before the weekend was done so I can move on to a new project (still undecided). I thought to share in the joy.

JArxtSj.jpg

colinp

Banned
Would Wukong work as an alternative to Verche on a Kirin team? I picked him up last month or so during the Chinese fest. Don't have the cost to add him to my team just yet though, hah.

Coy, that's amaaaaaaaazing! Haha, you have any room on your friends list for me? ;)

Ha! I have noticed a lot of his leaders being Lvl.98, but I just figured that was him not wanting to waste exp when he's still feeding skill-up, +stat, and awakening monsters to them. That's what I do, anyway.
[19:07:43] <a_butt> hey Unknown_PC why exactly do you +99 RCV your satan
[19:08:23] <Unknown_PC> it shows up on top of list :v

straight from the horses mouth

coy

Can't beat that logic haha.

Would Wukong work as an alternative to Verche on a Kirin team? I picked him up last month or so during the Chinese fest. Don't have the cost to add him to my team just yet though, hah.

Coy, that's amaaaaaaaazing! Haha, you have any room on your friends list for me? ;)

Also, changing Blue to Light removes 1 of the 4 orbs needed. Unless you plan on running a sub that can provide the Blue orbs (likely a Heartbreaker with the influx of hearts), I wouldn't recommend Wukong. Angelion or Apollo would be better substitutes for Verche.

SaintR

Tried my hand at Hera-IS mythical this morning. Having new evo Horus made me optimistic. Then I had this happen:

3KLqjjEl.jpg

First time the board went cold on me all run. Plot twist though, I popped all orb changes, used change the world to give me the best chance of orb cascade and got a red match with just enough to clear her. Crazy ending to the run.

Edit: more goemon friends please.

I think we friends already Jody (saintr@gaf). I'll have goemon from now on cause after many trial and errors on KOG, it is the most reliable team with SoD Lucifer. Here is my question to you Jody, have you been able to consistently farm it with ulti Horus and if so mind sharing your team make-up?

J0dy77

You would still have the same row enhancement, lemon dragons have 2 row enhancement and 2 skill reductions, as I said it would require you to use 2 though.

The lack of light enhance buff might be an issue though, hard to say.

The problem is the last round. If you're using Lemon dragons you're not taking advantage of Valk leader skill and your damage is going to suffer. The reason that video worked is because he met all the criteria (skill awakenings, row enhance and focus color to burn mobs quickly).

I think we friends already Jody (saintr@gaf). I'll have goemon from now on cause after many trial and errors on KOG, it is the most reliable team with SoD Lucifer. Here is my question to you Jody, have you been able to consistently farm it with ulti Horus and if so mind sharing your team make-up?

Yeah, we're definitely friends. <3

After getting frustrated with a bad set of runs with Gomeon I tried Haku with a 297 friend with 2 gravities, Viper and Echidna and still couldn't get through. I got trolled a few times during Viper's delay on Zeus. The 12.5x just wasn't enough for me to burn through.

I'm trying to figure out a team would give Horus two delays and keep Yomi but I don't think that would fit. I'll try it tonight and let you know how it goes, here are the two thoughts:

Horus/Horus, echidna, valk, hera-is, DQ Hera. I've cleared with this team before but need a big combo to make it happen.

Other team would be echidna, viper, valk, DQ hera. Not sure if the extra gravity or extra delay would be better. Viper would give me the option to use Echidna on CDD if he was on one turn timer.

Zeus is a real pain for the straight burst teams not named Kirin. I'll probably stick with Goemon and fight through the orb trolls. Like I mentioned earlier, the only time I can really fail is a heart cascade on round 7 or 8. Zeus is automatic if I make it to him. If I had Hercules or Lucifer it would probably be a lot more stable.

Top Bottom