• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Kreed

5 +297 L.Trons still only gives you 5800 RCV. Still way less than needed to offset Satan's -9702 RCV(that's with +99 RCV).

I don't know. Like I said, these are high rank players who you'd expect to know what they're doing. IIRC, I even think UPC is one of those guys with a +99 RCV Satan. Not sure, though. Anyway, just wondering if anyone here knew for sure. I guess I can just message some of them in-game and ask them about that secret Satan tech.

In the example I mentioned, Raphael would be the friend leader, so he'd multiply all the Light Metatrons RCV but not Satan, so that would overcome the -9999. Still ridiculous either way.

yami4ct

If anyone needs a fully awoken Awoken Odin for Hera Descended this week, let me me know. I'll try to keep him up all day even after I run the dungeon. He's only got +1 to atk and he's level 42, but he should be enough for most people to get through with another Odin, Ama or Dark Resist lead.

SaintR

Yeah, we're definitely friends. <3

After getting frustrated with a bad set of runs with Gomeon I tried Haku with a 297 friend with 2 gravities, Viper and Echidna and still couldn't get through. I got trolled a few times during Viper's delay on Zeus. The 12.5x just wasn't enough for me to burn through.

I'm trying to figure out a team would give Horus two delays and keep Yomi but I don't think that would fit. I'll try it tonight and let you know how it goes, here are the two thoughts:

Horus/Horus, echidna, valk, hera-is, DQ Hera. I've cleared with this team before but need a big combo to make it happen.

Other team would be echidna, viper, valk, DQ hera. Not sure if the extra gravity or extra delay would be better. Viper would give me the option to use Echidna on CDD if he was on one turn timer.

Zeus is a real pain for the straight burst teams not named Kirin. I'll probably stick with Goemon and fight through the orb trolls. Like I mentioned earlier, the only time I can really fail is a heart cascade on round 7 or 8. Zeus is automatic if I make it to him. If I had Hercules or Lucifer it would probably be a lot more stable.

Yea I think getting trolled while stalling is less annoying then just not being unable to do enough dmg to finish off Zeus. The prob now is just not enough goemon friends lol.

suko_32

My (reliable) KoG team is:

F/L Horus
Echidna
Hera-Is
DQ Hera
Susano
F/L Horus

Susano let's you take a hit from Chaos Devil Dragon if you can't kill him in one turn and it alone gives you 1-2 extra turns on Zeus. Often times when I get to Zeus I use two gravities first and then Susano. I take the first hit and use Echidna's skill which has Zeus attacking on turn 4 with Susano's skill active for that turn too. So worst comes to worst you basically have 5-6 turns at the least to kill him and 99% of the time I can stall long enough in KoG to get my gravities for Zeus anyways.

xCobalt

With the talk of KoG lately, I`ve been thinking of a way to create a team that could do it more reliably. Of course you have those old zombie/odin teams but that can take awhile. However, what if you used the Devil Fish? Subs could be Caol-ila, Hera and 2 devil fishes? If you manage to max skill two of them, it should deal a decent amount of damage. Won't be as fast as spike teams but may be more reliable.

Jonsoncao

Banned
With the talk of KoG lately, I`ve been thinking of a way to create a team that could do it more reliably. Of course you have those old zombie/odin teams but that can take awhile. However, what if you used the Devil Fish? Subs could be Caol-ila, Hera and 2 devil fishes? If you manage to max skill two of them, it should deal a decent amount of damage. Won't be as fast as spike teams but may be more reliable.

Wow...regretted already that I didn't farm more of these nice fishes.

Any chances Zombie dragon dungeon returns in a month or so?

J0dy77

F/L Horus
Echidna
Hera-Is
DQ Hera
Susano
F/L Horus

Susano let's you take a hit from Chaos Devil Dragon if you can't kill him in one turn and it alone gives you 1-2 extra turns on Zeus. Often times when I get to Zeus I use two gravities first and then Susano. I take the first hit and use Echidna's skill which has Zeus attacking on turn 4 with Susano's skill active for that turn too. So worst comes to worst you basically have 5-6 turns at the least to kill him and 99% of the time I can stall long enough in KoG to get my gravities for Zeus anyways.

Hmmm good point. I rarely use susano and i probably should. For some reason I thought Zeus' dmg was like his descended where he hits for 50K and Susano wouldn't matter. Might have to do this.

I ran with Horus before and got completely trolled with no red orbs dropping for three straight turns. Having an extra couple rounds from Susano would have probably been enough.

SaintR

F/L Horus
Echidna
Hera-Is
DQ Hera
Susano
F/L Horus

Going to try this team as soon as I get enough stamina to get 3.8k exp for next rank

saichi

Just saw this video for twinlits. Completely missed that Divinegon got this amazing buff. He's a dragon that is actually worth using now.

http://youtu.be/HZvJoRfh43c

I love when one of my mobs was a terrible pull when I got them but then becomes amazing down the line (see: Yomi).

I'm not sure if I have enough skill reduction awakenings to make this work though.

the new ultimate Divinegon requires trifruit to evolve which its dungeon is another hard ass run. This is like chicken and egg question. :(

suko_32

Few things I'd like to add:

1) Getting gravities off on Zeus pretty much ensures you'll win. I highly recommend you try to charge it up. I've won without charging it up before, but it's very unreliable.

2) Stalling on those big Devils are the easiest if you kill all the other monsters since it's a 2 turn monster, has a lot of HP, and hits for like 4.8k. The Knights and Ogres are decent to stall on if you can kill everything else other than 1 of those.

3) If things go well I usually pop Echidna's skill when it's available two times before I get to floor 8. Once you pop it twice when it's first available each time, you'll notice you'll only have 10 turns left to charge it again along with the gravities. After that I'm sure you can figure out the best course of action. I assume your Echidna is max skilled though.

4) If you get unlucky and can't get gravities when you get to Zeus at least you'll have Susano and Echidna's skill, but then it's no longer a near guarantee win.

I hope that made sense...it's getting late.

Edit: That extended time awakening on Horus really helps!

Colby

I will definitely try Horus for KoG next weekend. But I've gotten used to 100% clear rates with Amaterasu/Gr.Odin, even if it's a little slow.

[19:07:43] <a_butt> hey Unknown_PC why exactly do you +99 RCV your satan
[19:08:23] <Unknown_PC> it shows up on top of list :v

straight from the horses mouth
Ha! Okay. That's insane. And I guess he's not the only one, since I've seen several on my friends list doing that. I wonder how many +297 monsters these players have, that they can just throw away +99 RCV on a monster so it shows up at the top of friends lists.

In the example I mentioned, Raphael would be the friend leader, so he'd multiply all the Light Metatrons RCV but not Satan, so that would overcome the -9999. Still ridiculous either way.
Ah okay. I get it. There's no practical reason to do that, but I never thought of a way to get positive RCV with a Satan on the team. And Cosmo already posted UPC's reason, which while insane is still the most sensible reason to do so I guess.

F/L Horus
Echidna
Hera-Is
DQ Hera
Susano
F/L Horus

Thanks for sharing. That's one of the nice things about Susano, being able to carry over his defense shields, unlike time delays. I also hate activating Echidna, only to accidentally kill the monster on the same turn and wasting free turns to charge skills.

Tobe

skills charged on KOG comboed my life to kill cdd, and a fucking cascade of 3 hearts just put me over the limit. goddamit :(

I thought KoG will be put into Tuesday dungeon rated legend???
People use KoG as short for "King of Gods," which is the final floor in Starlight Sanctuary. But I can see how you would confuse it with the upcoming Keeper of Gold. I personally call it GK, like I call Rainbow Keeper RK. Though, I know some people call it KOR which confused me when I first read it.

Jinko

And costs 50 stamina per run?

Google Translate.

Clear each day for each of the dungeon is one-time,
Necessary stamina is only "1".
"King Metal Dragon" will always drop in the dungeon, "one magic stone" into the hands if clear!

Also

In Dungeon 13 days more,
"Tama Dora" is Always drop in addition to the "King Metal Dragon"!

:O

A lot of the free swag JP gets comes from people (mostly Max Murai) challenging dungeons on live stream. Wonder if there's demand for something similar in the US. Can't think of any popular gaming personalities known to be interested in PAD or mobile gaming in general though. Zhi? Wario64? idk

Kreed

I've been running King of the Gods lately with this Red Sonia team:

Red Sonia
King Baddie
King Baddie
Hera-Ur
Hera
Red Sonia

The biggest "issue" with this team is Tiamat. Because you have to save the King Baddies for Chaos Devil Dragon and Zeus in order to one shot both of them, you have to kill Tiamat normally which means taking hits. So you have to heal above the damage Tiamat unleashes every two turns. Red Sonia's RCV multiplier makes this easy as it only takes two heart matches to heal to full or a heart match in a 4+ combo, but of course you can always be orb trolled.

Jonsoncao

Banned
People use KoG as short for "King of Gods," which is the final floor in Starlight Sanctuary. But I can see how you would confuse it with the upcoming Keeper of Gold. I personally call it GK, like I call Rainbow Keeper RK. Though, I know some people call it KOR which confused me when I first read it.

I see, thanks.

razterik

A lot of the free swag JP gets comes from people (mostly Max Murai) challenging dungeons on live stream. Wonder if there's demand for something similar in the US. Can't think of any popular gaming personalities known to be interested in PAD or mobile gaming in general though. Zhi? Wario64? idk

We need to get Pachter in here.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo

a few LoL pro players are into it

Twinlits on same day as Hera? Evil GungHo is evil. And I've been skipping all the descends so far during this event, too.
[19:07:43] <a_butt> hey Unknown_PC why exactly do you +99 RCV your satan
[19:08:23] <Unknown_PC> it shows up on top of list :v

straight from the horses mouth
To add to this, I finally got a response from another player on my friend list who's working on a +297 Satan and already has +99RCV on his. His reason...

There's really nothing about it lol. I already have a team I always use for descends which are all +297 max skilled. So I just poured extra pluses onto Satan.
These guys really do wipe their asses with +eggs. Lol

razterik

Really easy with a maxed out Valk healer team. Izanagi should be equally capable if you have a big burst for the boss and a quick orb changer to take down the round 5 chimera. Wouldn't recommend Raphael because demons bind light.

Really easy with a maxed out Valk healer team. Izanagi should be equally capable if you have a big burst for the boss and a quick orb changer to take down the round 5 chimera. Wouldn't recommend Raphael because demons bind light.

Pretty close to a maxed valk team, though waiting for king shynee always stinks. Izanagi/Zues olympios is what I usually do for the light god team. Izanagi gives god burst and verche is finally 5* so he is a god now...

SaintR

So I tried the Susano strar in Horus team for KoG and it gives a lot more leeway. I messed up but I definitely think it makes the team more consistent.

I've been running King of the Gods lately with this Red Sonia team:

Red Sonia
King Baddie
King Baddie
Hera-Ur
Hera
Red Sonia

The biggest "issue" with this team is Tiamat. Because you have to save the King Baddies for Chaos Devil Dragon and Zeus in order to one shot both of them, you have to kill Tiamat normally which means taking hits. So you have to heal above the damage Tiamat unleashes every two turns. Red Sonia's RCV multiplier makes this easy as it only takes two heart matches to heal to full or a heart match in a 4+ combo, but of course you can always be orb trolled.

This team I believe would be the most consistent. which leads me to vent on trying to get a red dub to evolve my sonia. Holy crap missing Friday dungeon was bad. Trying to farm for a particular color dub is impossible. I've been doing the tech dungeon where it's suppose to show up and have yet to see one. What a waste of Stam.

J0dy77

These guys really do wipe their asses with +eggs. Lol

Yeah, clearly showing off.

So I tried the Susano strar in Horus team for KoG and it gives a lot more leeway. I messed up but I definitely think it makes the team more consistent.

I ran Horus with Susano last night to test the theory and it did help a bit on CDD and Zeus allowing for an extra turn. But I ran into the same orb troll issues. You have to put out a lot of damage with Horus for 6+ rounds on CDD and Zeus. If you get trolled or don't get any friendly cascades it leaves you vulnerable. I think I'm going to switch back to Yomi over DQ hera next week and give that a try.

Overall I find it easier to stall with Goemon and there is less chances for me to get trolled. It's just that if you catch that bad heart cascade in round 9 the run immediately wipes.

Tobe

Went with a crappy ltron team super underleved everything below 70 but above 50. Had a few hiccups. But managed to cleared and get the drop. It was master. I could probably do legend if I had maxed both valk and ltron, a king shynee would help but I don't have one.

linsivvi

As usual I just went with the safe option and used DJ/Lucifer and cleared legend.

2xGravity and RK for emergency, plus Laphroaig to help take down the light binding demons.

Tobe

went through my box and found a possible dtron team for twinlits,

Dtron max
Hanzo
max skill lilith
busty orochi (delay)
Haku
Dtron max.

i would need to stall only for orochi and then go. pop haku and hanzo on twins and win i guess.

razterik

I'm starting to wish more people ran Athena rather than Valk for farming teams. It's just me though.

I wouldn't mind if more people used her, but I understand why they don't. Her active is almost useless for farming and you get stuck with two of them. And if you are on the low end of clearing the dungeon, that 0 RCV can be a hassle.

This team I believe would be the most consistent. which leads me to vent on trying to get a red dub to evolve my sonia. Holy crap missing Friday dungeon was bad. Trying to farm for a particular color dub is impossible. I've been doing the tech dungeon where it's suppose to show up and have yet to see one. What a waste of Stam.

Farm Vesta Cave. It's on 1.5x right now. Tech dungeons are terrible for material drops.

went through my box and found a possible dtron team for twinlits,

Dtron max
Hanzo
max skill lilith
busty orochi (delay)
Haku
Dtron max.

i would need to stall only for orochi and then go. pop haku and hanzo on twins and win i guess.

Try Echidna instead of Orochi. Faster countdown, so less stalling required.

SaintR

Yeah, clearly showing off.

I ran Horus with Susano last night to test the theory and it did help a bit on CDD and Zeus allowing for an extra turn. But I ran into the same orb troll issues. You have to put out a lot of damage with Horus for 6+ rounds on CDD and Zeus. If you get trolled or don't get any friendly cascades it leaves you vulnerable. I think I'm going to switch back to Yomi over DQ hera next week and give that a try.

Overall I find it easier to stall with Goemon and there is less chances for me to get trolled. It's just that if you catch that bad heart cascade in round 9 the run immediately wipes.
Yea I agree, by messing up I meant I took for granted how much comboing I need to do to do enough dmg which leads to the original issue with the consistency.
And Goemon (w/luci sub) is still the best team I have tried. I wish I had Yomi. It sounds like you having fun using him/her.

Edit: I need more goemon friends lol

Farm Vesta Cave. It's on 1.5x right now. Tech dungeons are terrible for material farming.
Thanks raz. I'll switch to that.

Hige

Does anyone want one of the rank 20 dragons? Add me: 303,906,303. Or just add me for the hell of it. :)

I'm still plugging away at this game, slowly! I know Horus is pretty good in the long run, but I kind of wish I went with Bastet so I don't feel obligated to stick with rainbow teams. I know later on this won't be as much of an issue with dual element monsters, but my team is pretty underwhelming right now except for fire (Horus), water (starter dragon) and dark (ninja) elements. My other elements are weak since I have a low team cost and haven't found anything good to use yet.

Zero_IYAD

Ultimate Unicorn:

Lyj1qQB.jpg

Ultimate Mechdragon Canopus:

auaQlv8.jpg

Someone on Facebook posted this really good guide for Twinlits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCwhB_Y9BoA

I'm going to give his team a shot, since the only differences between his team and mine are that I have busty Echidna and regular, non-Witch of the Night Lilith.

OK, I have all the pieces to do that though my Stratios is not max level and my Lilith is just a little under his level. I definitely will give this a shot tomorrow - turns out I can use at least 7 angelits (Yomi, Isis, Lakshmi, Parvati) and who knows how many devilits.

So... they're NOT going to Voltron together into one giant Mechdragon? Disappointing

Looks to me like each one will voltron into a different megazord... Ultimate Canopus clearly has all four other mechdragons on his back and if I remember correctly so did Hadar.

That would be terrible if each ones ultimate required 1 of each other mechdragon...

Top Bottom