• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

razterik

Ultimate Unicorn:

Lyj1qQB.jpg

Sonic rainboom!

Kreed

Looks to me like each one will voltron into a different megazord... Ultimate Canopus clearly has all four other mechdragons on his back and if I remember correctly so did Hadar.

That would be terrible if each ones ultimate required 1 of each other mechdragon...

I noticed that pattern too and that's what I'm wondering myself. It would make sense though when you think about it. It wouldn't be "fair" to the other dragons to not have ultimates and only the Dark one get the "voltron" ultimate. Still crappy though if they do actually require all those Mech Dragons.

I noticed that pattern too and that's what I'm wondering myself. It would make sense though when you think about it. It wouldn't be "fair" to the other dragons to not have ultimates and only the Dark one get the "voltron" ultimate. Still crappy though if they do actually require all those Mech Dragons.
It would be sick if you could then Voltron together all of those to get Ultrazord or something, though. Granted, it would take probably another year before we see mechs again, but that would be awesome.

two busties, they gonna digimon it and make a fighter mode like imperialdramon.
Then you busty that for Paladin mode.

Tobe

It would be sick if you could then Voltron together all of those to get Ultrazord or something, though. Granted, it would take probably another year before we see mechs again, but that would be awesome.

Then you busty that for Paladin mode.

that would be pretty sick actually. i imagine fighting it, at half hp instead of changing att it stands up and goes ape shit.

Jinko

Id be cool with it, would make them more unique, they best have awesome stats and skills though.

Hope they make unicorn a healer sub type.

linsivvi

Someone on Facebook posted this really good guide for Twinlits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCwhB_Y9BoA

I'm going to give his team a shot, since the only differences between his team and mine are that I have busty Echidna and regular, non-Witch of the Night Lilith.

Well I use Hera-IS and Queen Hera instead of Valk and Bastet. Doesn't really make much of a difference as long as you can bring the board down to 1 or 2 mythlits. It still basically just comes down to not getting a ridiculous sky drop that ruins your day, which seems to happen more often than not when it comes to Twinlits.

Well I use Hera-IS and Queen Hera instead of Valk and Bastet. Doesn't really make much of a difference as long as you can bring the board down to 1 or 2 mythlits. It still basically just comes down to not getting a ridiculous sky drop that ruins your day, which seems to happen more often than not when it comes to Twinlits.
That's the thing, though: his strategy apparently accounts for that. I actually have a team that I've been doing well with for that dungeon, too, but his looks better than mine.

linsivvi

That's the thing, though: his strategy apparently accounts for that. I actually have a team that I've been doing well with for that dungeon, too, but his looks better than mine.

I don't know. I use combo calculator and make sure only 1 or 2 mythlits are left and it still fails more often than I would prefer. I have seen a string of 5-6 orbs of the same color dropping at least 2-3 times. I would say this though, having 2 Zeus Olympios helps a lot because you can do that with only 4 combos and don't need mass attacks, thus somewhat reducing the chance of a skyfall ruining the run.

But of course to have Olympios you would have to do the dungeon enough times to get 3 angelits in the first place.

I don't know. I use combo calculator and make sure only 1 or 2 mythlits are left and it still fails more often than I would prefer. I have seen a string of 5-6 orbs of the same color dropping at least 2-3 times. I would say this though, having 2 Zeus Olympios helps a lot because you can do that with only 4 combos and don't need mass attacks, thus somewhat reducing the chance of a skyfall ruining the run.

But of course to have Olympios you would have to do the dungeon enough times to get 3 angelits in the first place.
Yeah, I have Olympios. My current team is:

Olympios
Busty Echidna
Busty Echidna
D/D Hades
DQ Hera
Olympios

It works fairly well, but I'd like to give his a try, since I want to snag as many TAMADRA and Devilits as possible.

Yeah, I have Olympios. My current team is:

Olympios
Busty Echidna
Busty Echidna
D/D Hades
DQ Hera
Olympios

It works fairly well, but I'd like to give his a try, since I want to snag as many TAMADRA and Devilits as possible.

I had been using Olympios two Echidnas and valk verche but i think im going to switch out verche for a haded or hera-is it makes the first wave much easier to manage with an other primary color to snipe a twinlit after random binds,

They would either bind my whole team or leave light and full hp, so i couldnt match orbs.

I had been using Olympios two Echidnas and valk verche but i think im going to switch out verche for a haded or hera-is it makes the first wave much easier to manage with an other primary color to snipe a twinlit after random binds,

They would either bind my whole team or leave light and full hp, so i couldnt match orbs.
Yeah, that's why I have Hades and Hera there. Matching one 3-chain of each color on the first round while targeting nothing usually leaves one or two Mythlits standing, and if it's two, a single match of light or dark (depending on its HP) will usually take it out. Then, on the next rounds, a full color match does 12 damage, which is no joke. Four gravs also leaves both bosses with 21% HP, so it's easy to knock them out.

On the other hand, it's easy to get orb trolled, and Echidna has to be charged for rounds 2 and 3, so there's still danger.

linsivvi

Yeah, that's why I have Hades and Hera there. Matching one 3-chain of each color on the first round while targeting nothing usually leaves one or two Mythlits standing, and if it's two, a single match of light or dark (depending on its HP) will usually take it out. Then, on the next rounds, a full color match does 12 damage, which is no joke. Four gravs also leaves both bosses with 21% HP, so it's easy to knock them out.

On the other hand, it's easy to get orb trolled, and Echidna has to be charged for rounds 2 and 3, so there's still danger.

I also use Lilith for the reasons the video stated.

If you don't target anything, Zeus will hit a mythlit by default. One trick I have discovered is that if there's a big sky fall, immediately target one of the normal lits, which your Zeus will kill. That would significantly increase the chance of keeping a mythlit alive and indeed saved one of my runs last time.

Uthred

Any word on when the Evangelion event is? Managed to break my PAD addiction but pretty sure Shinji and co will pull me back in

ccbfan

Twinlit at this point for me is all about whether I get sky fall in round 1 or not I have a solution for every starting orb so orb trolling is fine.

I use

Awoken Zeus
Non Ult Echilada
Non Ult Hera
Hera Is
Lillith

Olym Zeus

Never ever 5 lit match.

1. If I have 5 dark then this is the best. Match 5 dark and 1 lit combo or 3 (at least 1 blue/red) targeting a mythlit.

2. If I have as least 3 lit and 3 dark orbs then 3 other combos. As long as one is red or blue then you're set.

3. If I have 3 lit and no dark then I make a lit match and a 5 match of blue or red plus whatever you need so the 5 match will just kill all the color lits.

4. If I have no lit then follow 1 or match a blue/red 5 match and 5 other matches with at least 1 being dark.

5. It there's no lit or dark then you have to 5 match blue or red and 3 match the opposite color and like 4 other combos. (As long as its not 4 more matches of the 5 match color you should be fine also more 5 match color match mean less total matches)

This should leave you with at most 3 lits. Preferably 1 or 2.

Work you way down to 1 mythlit

If you ever have full health and lit is not bound then waste a turn. Don't even try to match. Stall until you get both Enchilada and Lillith up.

Then kill the last myth.

Now its easy.

Kill Round 2 with Lillith.

Start Round 3 with Enchilada and kill both Dubs. Charge against Tamadora, again don't take chances if the right characters aren't bound waste a turn.

When you're in decent state, AKA Echilada 1 or less bound counter and Zeus/Heras 2 or less kill tama.

Round 4. Echilada, quad gravity easy win.

coy

I also use Lilith for the reasons the video stated.

If you don't target anything, Zeus will hit a mythlit by default. One trick I have discovered is that if there's a big sky fall, immediately target one of the normal lits, which your Zeus will kill. That would significantly increase the chance of keeping a mythlit alive and indeed saved one of my runs last time.

This saved me a run last week as well. Also, I am a fan of a rainbow squad to render the possibility of a skyfall of light orbs much less harmful which can and will hurt the Zeus/Zeus setup. I still think Zeus teams are better suited for Twinlits than just about all others,

SaintR

Twinlit at this point for me is all about whether I get sky fall in round 1 or not I have a solution for every starting orb so orb trolling is fine.

I use

Awoken Zeus
Non Ult Echilada
Non Ult Hera
Hera Is
Lillith

Olym Zeus

Never ever 5 lit match.

1. If I have 5 dark then this is the best. Match 5 dark and 1 lit combo or 3 (at least 1 blue/red) targeting a mythlit.

2. If I have as least 3 lit and 3 dark orbs then 3 other combos. As long as one is red or blue then you're set.

3. If I have 3 lit and no dark then I make a lit match and a 5 match of blue or red plus whatever you need so the 5 match will just kill all the color lits.

4. If I have no lit then follow 1 or match a blue/red 5 match and 5 other matches with at least 1 being dark.

5. It there's no lit or dark then you have to 5 match blue or red and 3 match the opposite color and like 4 other combos. (As long as its not 4 more matches of the 5 match color you should be fine also more 5 match color match mean less total matches)

This should leave you with at most 3 lits. Preferably 1 or 2.

Work you way down to 1 mythlit

If you ever have full health and lit is not bound then waste a turn. Don't even try to match. Stall until you get both Enchilada and Lillith up.

Then kill the last myth.

Now its easy.

Kill Round 2 with Lillith.

Start Round 3 with Enchilada and kill both Dubs. Charge against Tamadora, again don't take chances if the right characters aren't bound waste a turn.

When you're in decent state, AKA Echilada 1 or less bound counter and Zeus/Heras 2 or less kill tama.

Round 4. Echilada, quad gravity easy win.
My team
Olymp Zios
Ulti echidna
Ulti orochi
Ulti verche
Rose Valk
Olymp Zios
But after seeing the video and reading your guys setup looks like I would be less trolled by switching my team members. Skyfall with so many light subs happens more often than you would think. I should know I burned some stones on that dungeon.

So, I just tried out the video team. It's definitely legit, and I had two 0-stone runs in a row, even with less than ideal boards. The only thing that's really important is that your first combo MUST be a 4-combo or higher, with one light match. But once you have that under control, you're good to go.

Jinko

Wish PAD would incorporate the targeting system in ToS, would help for Twinlit and there has been other times when trying to stall and my minions have attacked the wrong targets.

That video for the twinlits is actually pretty good. Almost 0 stoned it, but math is hard. Will try again when my Stamina refreshs

A.Zeus
Ultimate Valk
Ultimate Echidna
Lilith
Hera-Is
O. Zeus

Welp, I FINALLY figured out how to get around playing this on a rooted phone without having to reflash the phone to get Xposed to work again. Whew.

So far I'm only Rank 10 but messed around with some Magic Stones and got some decent, if not high leveled stuff I can't really use right now.

Ame no Uzume
Graviton Earth Dragon
Ra
Agdrall
Keeper of Dark
Verche
Pierdrawn
Kurone

I also did the Mardi Gras event and got a Samba Ruby Dragon, I see its an Enhance Material, any suggested ways to use it?

Well, I added my info to the GAF Friends Army spreadsheet but if anyone wants to add me my ID is 342,202,326

Radav

I really hate this twinlit dungeon so much. I kind of want to go outside and scream. So I watched that video and decided I thought the strategy was sound. First attempt, I make a combo of 4.... skyfall to 9 combo dead. Second attempt everything goes well I win and get my 9th devilit! I guess if I had a second zeus leveled I could make the dark one 3 god damn times. This is after I've bustied my Hera and Vampire Lord. So that's means I've received 13 devilits and only 3 angelits. 3rd attempt I start with a 4 combo again, crazy skyfall combos up to 8 again whipe on next floor.................... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Kreed

Welp, I FINALLY figured out how to get around playing this on a rooted phone without having to reflash the phone to get Xposed to work again. Whew.

So far I'm only Rank 10 but messed around with some Magic Stones and got some decent, if not high leveled stuff I can't really use right now.

Ame no Uzume
Graviton Earth Dragon
Ra
Agdrall
Keeper of Dark
Verche
Pierdrawn
Kurone

I also did the Mardi Gras event and got a Samba Ruby Dragon, I see its an Enhance Material, any suggested ways to use it?

Keeper of Dark is evolution material used to evolve monsters (usually dark), so just hold on to it until you can use it.

Samba Ruby Dragon provides a large amount of exp for red monsters. I suggest feeding it to your Ame no Uzume.

I really hate this twinlit dungeon so much. I kind of want to go outside and scream. So I watched that video and decided I thought the strategy was sound. First attempt, I make a combo of 4.... skyfall to 9 combo dead. Second attempt everything goes well I win and get my 9th devilit! I guess if I had a second zeus leveled I could make the dark one 3 god damn times. This is after I've bustied my Hera and Vampire Lord. So that's means I've received 13 devilits and only 3 angelits. 3rd attempt I start with a 4 combo again, crazy skyfall combos up to 8 again whipe on next floor.................... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Damn that's unlucky. I'm sure i'll get trolled on my next attempt, but I've been pretty lucky with skyfalls so far.

ccbfan

My team
Olymp Zios
Ulti echidna
Ulti orochi
Ulti verche
Rose Valk
Olymp Zios
But after seeing the video and reading your guys setup looks like I would be less trolled by switching my team members. Skyfall with so many light subs happens more often than you would think. I should know I burned some stones on that dungeon.

One of my earlier Twinlit teams was

Zeus
Echidna
Lillith
Hera-Is
Valk

Zeus

but I started realizing you should not have more than 2 light primaries or you become extremely susceptible to skyfall. With 3 primary lights, a 3K light attack will kill all the mythlits. You're goal through this whole thing is leaving one mythlit with a decent amount of hp. Leaving any other lit will not allow you to stall well.

With only 2 primary lights you're almost guaranteed to only kill 2 mythlit unless you get some crazy 5 orb skyfalls. Much much safer than 3.

So my new team became

Zeus
Echidna
Lillith
Hera-Is
Hera

O.Zeus

Echidna, Lillith, Hera-Is,Hera will always attack the color lits first. So unless the sub attack of O.Zeus and Hera-Is is strong enough to kill a mythlit (Or like I said before a 5 orb match) then you're set. I've even purposely not Ult my Echidna, Zeus and Hera because this team works so great.

Keeper of Dark is evolution material used to evolve monsters (usually dark), so just hold on to it until you can use it.

Samba Ruby Dragon provides a large amount of exp for red monsters. I suggest feeding it to your Ame no Uzume.

Will do, thanks for the tips!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Since I'm really not playing much anymore, I've been trying out my Pandora team when my stam is full. She's fun, but really needs a buff to deal with less than 8 orbs. If I was to ever get lucky and max skill my Hanzo, I think she'd be a blast. Did Blue Pirate Legend with her. I think I'd swap out my AA Luci for Ur or Cerb for dark enhance to one-shot her. Otherwise, she's fun.

razterik

Smoked Twinlits with dual Purin, sub Valkyrie/Verche/Venus/Green Odin. 5 skill boost awakenings to get the orb changers up first turn, even though I had more than enough orbs this time. Mass light attacks till third floor. One mass attack on Tamadra and Dubmyths. Then picked off the Dubs while Tamadra bounced binds off half my team. Stalled enough to get Purins up and make a couple rows of light orbs. One Purin activation and two light rows + 2 other combos was enough to almost down Twins. Angelit had a sliver of health left, but since next turn was attack boost, I finished with an easy combo and the second Purin activation. Not completely safe from orb trolling, so I am looking forward to trying Fuma Kotaro in there. Would prefer Light Tron over Venus for her bind resist and reduction, but mine is too low level and lacking awoken skills.

linsivvi

I hear you. My last attempt went like this:

1st round: 4 combo with 2 mythlits left. Next round kill 1 mythlit with a single 3 light orbs match. Perfect
2nd round: No problem
3rd round: No problem until tamadra was left with 10hp. I carefully avoided matching anything until at least some of my subs were bound. Then the last few turns, each single time I matched 3 orbs, the sky fall dropped 3 orbs of the same color of an unbound sub and killed it a few turns before I was ready.

What a troll dungeon!

Yep twinlits is a bitch. But on my first run of the day, I've finally 0-stoned it. Went off just like that tutorial video illustrated. No bad board to start, and no trollish skyfall combos throughout. I am so elated right now!

Still haven't got the Angelit I need though. It's been 5 devilits in a row. At least I have enough for Hera and shiva now.

Team used:

linsivvi

Fortunately I already have all the lits that I need and have a health surplus. I am just running for the 33% chance of a tamadra.

yami4ct

Cleared my first Descended today!

I am unreasonably proud of this moment, even though Double GrOdin isn't necessarily all that difficult to run Hera with. After the risks of the first round, armor break+Gungnirx2+Ripper Nuke basically guarantees you'll be down to only one enemy that you can then use to recharge on. Still, I want to think all my GAF PAD pals that have got me here and I'm super excited to keep this going. I should get enough Stam today to do one more run of her and if I can clear it I can level for one more.

Also, this inexplicably happened when I ran Ruby Dragons

I need to buy a lottery ticket because the odds of seeing, let alone getting dropped, two Tamas is crazy. This is the first time they've actually dropped in a dungeon for me.

Kreed

Since I'm really not playing much anymore, I've been trying out my Pandora team when my stam is full. She's fun, but really needs a buff to deal with less than 8 orbs. If I was to ever get lucky and max skill my Hanzo, I think she'd be a blast. Did Blue Pirate Legend with her. I think I'd swap out my AA Luci for Ur or Cerb for dark enhance to one-shot her. Otherwise, she's fun.

I believe the buff for Pandora is coming in the update on Thursday.

Didn't quite zero stone Twinlits but did much better than I have. I got the first floor down to 2 mythlits but I should have got it down to 1 faster than I did. 2nd floor was easy with Lilith. 3rd floor I didn't match well enough to get the dubs removed and then I matched too well and got the tama killed too fast. Last floor again didn't go quite as well as it should because I didn't get the board set up nor did I match very well. End result - devilit. I guess that is ok - I have enough to do DQ Hera and now I just need 1 more to do DD Anubis.

Let's just say I manage 2 angelits today. Of the following, which should I use them on?
1 - Yomi
2 - Isis
3 - Lakshmi
4 - Parvati
5 - something else (I have Stratios and F/L Horus already)

twinlits sucks so much.

I got a devilit, of course I still need at least 1 more to do anything, but I have 1.

If I run it again, and if I get another Devilit, what should be priority? Hold out for 1 more and hera ultimate, Anubis or Shiva?

Still not sold on the Ra Ultimate with Angelits too...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
twinlits sucks so much.

I got a devilit, of course I still need at least 1 more to do anything, but I have 1.

If I run it again, and if I get another Devilit, what should be priority? Hold out for 1 more and hera ultimate, Anubis or Shiva?

Hera ult is nice since she's on a lot of teams.

SaintR

Cleared my first Descended today!

I am unreasonably proud of this moment, even though Double GrOdin isn't necessarily all that difficult to run Hera with. After the risks of the first round, armor break+Gungnirx2+Ripper Nuke basically guarantees you'll be down to only one enemy that you can then use to recharge on. Still, I want to think all my GAF PAD pals that have got me here and I'm super excited to keep this going. I should get enough Stam today to do one more run of her and if I can clear it I can level for one more.

Also, this inexplicably happened when I ran Ruby Dragons

I need to buy a lottery ticket because the odds of seeing, let alone getting dropped, two Tamas is crazy. This is the first time they've actually dropped in a dungeon for me.
Congrats on your first Hera. Now join us in gravity skill up hell.

Also dat luck.

SaintR

Didn't quite zero stone Twinlits but did much better than I have. I got the first floor down to 2 mythlits but I should have got it down to 1 faster than I did. 2nd floor was easy with Lilith. 3rd floor I didn't match well enough to get the dubs removed and then I matched too well and got the tama killed too fast. Last floor again didn't go quite as well as it should because I didn't get the board set up nor did I match very well. End result - devilit. I guess that is ok - I have enough to do DQ Hera and now I just need 1 more to do DD Anubis.

Let's just say I manage 2 angelits today. Of the following, which should I use them on?
1 - Yomi
2 - Isis
3 - Lakshmi
4 - Parvati
5 - something else (I have Stratios and F/L Horus already)
I would go with Yomi since I've been hearing nothing but praise about using her in teams

linsivvi

I believe the buff for Pandora is coming in the update on Thursday.

The update has been delayed....

Such a buzz kill!

*Notice from the Puzzle & Dragons Team*

The maintenance previously scheduled for 3/6 (Thurs) 12:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PST) has been postponed.

We will keep everyone informed as soon as we have an updated time for this maintenance.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

yami4ct

Congrats on your first Hera. Now join us in gravity skill up hell.

Also dat luck.

Since I'm already in Menace Skill-Up hell, I should feel right at home.

And yeah, dat luck. I was flabbergasted when I saw one Tama in the first round and it dropped. Absolutely speechless when a second popped.

Nista

Hmm after reading all this, maybe I should switch my Ra out for Lilith. Then I'd have less chance of skyfall trolling on Round 1, but less damage on the Devilit final round.

Still farming it with:
Awoken Zeus
Grodin
Busty Enchilada
Ra
Orochi
Olympios

twinlits sucks so much.

F/D Shiva. He gets a very useful Dark sub element and Devil sub type. And his active gets buffed to include a built-in Phoenix/Horus Fire enhance. His awakenings are amazing and he also makes a great Fire lead when needed.

Hera is a great monster but her ult isn't as urgent unless you want to use her as a leader. Otherwise all she gains is a sub element of the same color and better stats.

D/D Anubis is simply not worth doing unless you already have D/L and want D/D for collection purposes. What can 225x ATK kill that 100x ATK can't? And D/L still activates lesser multipliers at 8x and 9x combos.

Top Bottom