• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

F/D Shiva. He gets a very useful Dark sub element and Devil sub type. And his active gets buffed to include a built-in Phoenix/Horus Fire enhance. His awakenings are amazing and he also makes a great Fire lead when needed.

Hera is a great monster but her ult isn't as urgent unless you want to use her as a leader. Otherwise all she gains is a sub element of the same color and better stats.

D/D Anubis is simply not worth doing unless you already have D/L and want D/D for collection purposes. What can 225x ATK kill that 100x ATK can't? And D/L still activates lesser multipliers at 8x and 9x combos.

I have 2 unevolved Anubi. Are you saying it would be better to make them both D/L?

I have 2 unevolved Anubi. Are you saying it would be better to make them both D/L?

I'd put D/L first. And if you have two, and you got that itch to get ALL the monsters, then go for the D/D version.

I've got two myself, but I'm not gonna bother going for D/D unless I'm stumbling over copious amounts of Devilits.

edit: wtf? Update delayed?? -_-;

Tobe

2 failed twinlit runs :( wow this sucks. first one got orb trolled second one didnt think of my dmg output ended up killing everything so i couldnt stall for shit. :(

2nd run at Twinlits went pretty well - 1 stone, on the last level and probably because my pieces aren't max level so I didn't do as much damage as needed. Did get an angelit out of it though!

2nd run at Twinlits went pretty well - 1 stone, on the last level and probably because my pieces aren't max level so I didn't do as much damage as needed. Did get an angelit out of it though!

What team are you running? With 3 gravities (2x Zeus + something) and Echidna, you should be able to chip out the rest in 4-5 turns.

Genji

I love that now that there is a 'semi'-consistent way to run Twinlits...and now they're going to nerf it.

2 successes, 1 failure today.

Same, I'm 2/3 also, with 2 0 stones. As always, it's all about the first floor and having the orbs I need to activate Haku + no crazy skyfall. If I can stall there the other 3 floors don't ever seem to be a problem.

Kreed

Does that update include the Hanzo ultimate?

The update is 6.4.2, so it "should" include them, however as we know, when we got the original 6.4 update, it was supposed to include the Horus and Ra ultimates and they were excluded in the NA version until later.

NineH

I ran twinlits for the first time thanks to all this newish zeus strategy and I get skyfall on the first floor and cry. 10 more hours until I try again though and I would never have tried it if it wasn't for all this discussion.

What team are you running? With 3 gravities (2x Zeus + something) and Echidna, you should be able to chip out the rest in 4-5 turns.

I'm running the team from the video linked on the previous page. Zeus Olmypios/Bastet/Echidna/Valk/Lilith + friend Zeus. I'm just a little under leveled with Zeus and Bastet (both in the 70s iirc).

3rd run was terrible. I ended up doing too much damage with 1 dub and the tama left on 3F and went to the 4th floor unprepared.

yami4ct

Anyone got any fully awoken Awoken Odins they could run for me? I need another for another Hera run I should be able to do in like an hour and all my friends are used up.

ccbfan

I advise against have more than 2 primary lights if you're running zeus team (aka don't run any light subs) Its way too easy to wipe out all 3 mythlits if you do from skyfall.

With only two primary lights you can get a substancial amount of skyfall and still be safe. The other color attacks will attack the colored lits first and leave 1 mythlit alive.

Maybe its just me with nearly a 90% success rate (Sometimes you get AOE sky falls which ruin everything) but I really don't think the facebook team is good at all.

yami4ct

What team do you guys run for hera?

I tried earlier with
Drawn joker
Rainbow keeper
Echinda
Ghostring
Luci
Odin

Maxed levels and nearly max skilled CDk. I got to hera and got her to about half health but staying healed was just a pin in the ass. I'd fall behind and could never catch up. wasted 3 stones and couldn't do it. I'll admit to being a complete shit player and this is my first descends was this the right team or do I have a better option?

I just got a kirin recently aside from her here is whats in my box. I'm not good enough for a spike team yet so I guess it's either this or a Luci team?

I run

Max Awoken Awoken Odin (lvl 46)
Dark Golem MK III (47)
Dub-Myth
Dark Ripper Dragon (22)
Ult Echidna (60)
Awoken Odin

First round is the toughest. If you can get one guy down, you can charge all your skills on the other. From there, Defense Break+Gungir+Ripper attack should get you down to one enemy to charge on each turn. Once you get to the bosses, as long as you have at least one AO Max Awoken, you can tank every hit hera hits you with. As long as you match every turn, you can't die.

Since you got all the way to Hera, I'd say go Double Gr.Odin and you should pull it off.

linsivvi

2/5 runs on twinlits and 2/4 last week.

More importantly, all 4 successful runs yielded a tamadra.

Better quit while I'm ahead.

Hm...

Can I do

Awoken Odin
Drawn joker(maxed)
SoD Luci(maxed)
Luci(30)
RK
Awoken odin

To still have some nukes in there? Or is it best to bypass them all together and throw in all RKs for more hp

Now that Brave Frontier has it's own OT, would anybody be interested in a general thread for all these dragonesque games (self-coined term for pad clones) that have popped up?

J0dy77

Now that Brave Frontier has it's own OT, would anybody be interested in a general thread for all these dragonesque games (self-coined term for pad clones) that have popped up?

With PAD on US and JP and my hearthstone addiction, I don't have time for any other games. lol

yami4ct

Hm...

Can I do

Awoken Odin
Drawn joker(maxed)
SoD Luci(maxed)
Luci(30)
RK
Awoken odin

To still have some nukes in there? Or is it best to bypass them all together and throw in all RKs for more hp

Given the nature of a Double Odin team, I'd ditch the HP using Nukes. Do you have any ripper dragons? Their across the board nuke really helps smooth out 1-4, especially with a def break. I also don't see any real good way of getting past Neptune in there. I suppose you're planning a Luci nuke, but the HP hit is really going to hurt you come hades. Ditch the Lucis for things that don't nuke with your HP and you should be fine. With 1 Autohealing Odin, nothing in the boss waves besides Hades can touch you. If both are full awaken, even Hades doesn't require manual healing.

Given the nature of a Double Odin team, I'd ditch the HP using Nukes. Do you have any ripper dragons? Their across the board nuke really helps smooth out 1-4, especially with a def break. I also don't see any real good way of getting past Neptune in there. I suppose you're planning a Luci nuke, but the HP hit is really going to hurt you come hades. Ditch the Lucis for things that don't nuke with your HP and you should be fine. With 1 Autohealing Odin, nothing in the boss waves besides Hades can touch you. If both are full awaken, even Hades doesn't require manual healing.

Gotcha. yeah I have all the ripper dragons though none of them are fully evolved.

yami4ct

Gotcha. yeah I have all the ripper dragons though none of them are fully evolved.

Not fully evolved as in not Ultimate or not even to their top norma? If it's not their top normal evo then it's not going to work. The top normal evolve's ripper skills are far more powerful than the lower forms. If you don't have them, then just replace them with RKs and a poisoner and call it good. You have less of a buffer as the only major hitters you have for waves 3-4 are your Gungnirs, but should be good enough. Just remember to use the Odin skills to take out two of three enemies as quickly as possible and charge on the final. Once you get to the boss waves, you're golden as long as you don't screw up and miss matching a turn to trigger your auto-heal.

That's basically what this thread is isn't it? haha

Regular discussion about other games may get confusing...might have to preface each post with what game you're talking about

chrono01

I would probably give Dragon Poker a try if it were released in English. Not sure how accessible the game would be for me considering I don't know a lot of Japanese. :(

Paltros

Damn, fought Hera descended over the course of the day with an Odin friend and my busty L/W AA leading and was trucking along just fine poisoning and scratching everything to dead, but when I was making my team it just slipped my mind that I only made the calculations to allow me to survive one hit from Hades with the RK's skill, and obviously I couldn't kill him before he attacked again.

I could try bringing 3 def stance monsters to have one available each time he attacks, but I can't fit 3 RKs and L/W AA with my team cost, and I'm not sure I could survive floors 1-4 with the regular keepers.

This is my padherder, is there a team I could put from this that could help me beat Hera? or I'm out SOL this month for Hera and should just use my stamina for keepers and the super ruby dragons?

yami4ct

Been trying out BF for the past few days and have been mostly enjoying it. Definitely not going to hook me PAD style as I don't like the combat nearly as much and, frankly, hate the art. Still having some quick fun with it here and there.

Only other dragonesque game I've experienced is Battle Camp, because of one of those dumb "download free apps and earn iTunes credit" things. Only played the minimal amount, but it seems like it's PAD but terrible. Art is godawful and walking around the world to get into battles sucks. I like that it has PVP and Raid Battles, but every other aspect seems awful. With the whole "collect pieces of monsters" thing it has as well, seems even more IAP-y than PAD. It also commits the cardinal sin of puzzle games, laggy interface. The way the orbs move is jerky and terrible. If that's a PAD-clone anyone was looking at, I'd say stay far away.

idk, do any of you get tired of me evangelicizing other dragonesques? (ps play dragon poker)
No, but that's because you don't go into too much detail with the other games.

Imagine mashing this thread together with BF's, though. You'd have so many names flying around that newcomers wouldn't be able to understand a thing.

Not fully evolved as in not Ultimate or not even to their top norma? If it's not their top normal evo then it's not going to work. The top normal evolve's ripper skills are far more powerful than the lower forms. If you don't have them, then just replace them with RKs and a poisoner and call it good. You have less of a buffer as the only major hitters you have for waves 3-4 are your Gungnirs, but should be good enough. Just remember to use the Odin skills to take out two of three enemies as quickly as possible and charge on the final. Once you get to the boss waves, you're golden as long as you don't screw up and miss matching a turn to trigger your auto-heal.

Thanks. only my blue ripper is top normal at crystal aurora dragon so would he be useful? Also why is echinda never mentioned for this team? Delays not necessary at all?

Sowhich of these teams look better

Fully Awoken Odin
Maxed drawn joker
Ghostring
RK
RL
Fully Awoken Odin

or

Fully Awoken odin
Maxed drawn joker
Ghostring
Crystal Aurora Dragon(lv 11)
Dark Golem Mk.II(lv 33)
Fully Awoken odin

My dark golem is only at it's second evolution and pretty underleveled.

secret best feature in PAD that has driven me up the wall in similar games recently: every sorting option also seems to secretly sort by monster book number too. When you're fusing away dupes for EXP or skillups or whatever, putting all identical monsters next to each other on the list is a lifesaver.

Ducarmel

http://www.asobism.co.jp/social/dragonpoker/
supposedly Android players don't have to go through APK shenangians for this game

Language barrier is a bit of an issue since unlike say monster strike the game diverges from pad in some significant ways, but the game has lots of icons and other visual cues which are language agnostic.

thanks

I did not know it was Japanese only, I guess I need a Japanese account to play on ios right.

yami4ct

Thanks. only my blue ripper is top normal at crystal aurora dragon so would he be useful? Also why is echinda never mentioned for this team? Delays not necessary at all?

Sowhich of these teams look better

Fully Awoken Odin
Maxed drawn joker
Ghostring
RK
RL
Fully Awoken Odin

or

Fully Awoken odin
Maxed drawn joker
Ghostring
Crystal Aurora Dragon(lv 11)
Dark Golem Mk.II(lv 33)
Fully Awoken odin

My dark golem is only at it's second evolution and pretty underleveled.

I run Ultimate Echidna on my Double Odin team, but almost never use her. Delays can cover mistakes for you, like if you forget to fully charge skills before moving on, but most of the time she's not all that helpful. Once you pass the first round, you should be good.

Aurora Dragon, any level, would be a good thing to run as I find that having a ripper nuke gives me peace of mind in rounds 2-4. The only thing I'd be worried about in your second team is your HP. It might be tricky to take many hits the first round and thus harder to cover for any enemy turn synch ups that might happen. You don't really need to run both Golem and Ghostring, as only a poison or defense break is really needed for Neptune. I find Def. Break more useful, but your milage may very. Maybe replace Ghost with something with higher HP? Other than that, I think with some good luck in the first round that team should give you what you need. It might not be reliable at farming, but it should get you through the dungeon at least once which is what you need as you probably won't be going for skill-ups for a while.

Kreed

Damn, fought Hera descended over the course of the day with an Odin friend and my busty L/W AA leading and was trucking along just fine poisoning and scratching everything to dead, but when I was making my team it just slipped my mind that I only made the calculations to allow me to survive one hit from Hades with the RK's skill, and obviously I couldn't kill him before he attacked again.

I could try bringing 3 def stance monsters to have one available each time he attacks, but I can't fit 3 RKs and L/W AA with my team cost, and I'm not sure I could survive floors 1-4 with the regular keepers.

This is my padherder, is there a team I could put from this that could help me beat Hera? or I'm out SOL this month for Hera and should just use my stamina for keepers and the super ruby dragons?

Ideally you'd want a dark defense lead, but unfortunately your Black Dragon isn't Chaos Devil Dragon yet. You can try going the Odin + Zombie route with Titan as your leader and an Odin friend, which would allow you to survive Hades. Your biggest problem though with this team is going to be hearts. Because Hera attacks every turn you will need to heal up enough to keep Titan's active in play at a minimum. If you bring Archangel that will help, but it's still risky without a low cool down heart maker (definitely bring Echidna for delay, along with Copperhead for poison against Neptune).

saichi

Light Tron final art. Light/blue?

would be amazing although she is already light/light after latest JP update.

and today I fed my red noel dragon to my evolved Ame. My mom red team now is Ame, busty Freyr, busty Phoenix Knight, Gigas and Ehidna. Anyone else runs Ame leader?

I think I'm the only one on GAF runs Ame, LTron and Okuni as leaders :(

Paltros

Ideally you'd want a dark defense lead, but unfortunately your Black Dragon isn't Chaos Devil Dragon yet. You can try going the Odin + Zombie route with Titan as your leader and an Odin friend, which would allow you to survive Hades. Your biggest problem though with this team is going to be hearts. Because Hera attacks every turn you will need to heal up enough to keep Titan's active in play at a minimum. If you bring Archangel that will help, but it's still risky without a low cool down heart maker (definitely bring Echidna for delay, along with Copperhead for poison against Neptune).
That sounds like an idea, my only worry is the first 4 floors. On my first run I got 2 devils and a demon on the first floor, and then later had several close calls when the demons' cd synced with the mystic knights.

I'm gonna try again, could someone put up an Awakened Odin? No one in my friend list has him up right now.

Jagernaut

That sounds like an idea, my only worry is the first 4 floors. On my first run I got 2 devils and a demon on the first floor, and then later had several close calls when the demons' cd synced with the mystic knights.

I'm gonna try again, could someone put up an Awakened Odin? No one in my friend list has him up right now.

What is your id number? I'll add you and put up my max lvl, max awakened Odin.

Top Bottom