• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

J0dy77

Gungho teasing another big announcement this month. They better not be screwing with us again with these, "game changing mechanics" that aren't really changes.

http://www.indienavi.com/2014/02/03/gungho-teases-puzzle-dragons-expansion/

Speaking at a press conference earlier today that focused on the company’s recent financial earnings, Mr. Morishita stated that details on the new game additions, “will be announced this month,” and that users could look forward to, “an experience a bit different from what Puzzle & Dragons has been up till now.”

coy

idk, do any of you get tired of me evangelicizing other dragonesques? (ps play dragon poker)

I personally like reading opinions of other like-minded folks when it comes to gaming, be it mobile, console, or PC. If the talk doesn't drown out P&D talk (it never has), I don't mind.

I think I'm the only one on GAF runs Ame, LTron and Okuni as leaders :(

68 Light Meta +2 max awoken
92 Okuni

If you need either up, feel free to message anytime. I run her when I am too lazy for Bastet. Bastet is also the reason I don't lead with Okuni (or Kushi) as all my eggs are already in her.

8 more Hera fed today with no skill up. Go f yourself Gungho.

Damn, that is just painful. I'm doing Twinlit runs instead of Hera so I know what pain is (1/5 today after going 8/10 last week).

I DID IT! My first descends. Thanks for all you help guys. My team was

Awoken Odin
Busty Echinda
Bust drawn Joker
Crystal aurora dragon
Dark Golem MK II
Awoken Odin

was never even touched. =)

Tobe

Ok so I figured I really need satan for my dtron team. With him i can combo to death and not care about hearts, also he has 3 awesome row enhancements. Since I have a shit cold and can't do hit I probably update my pad herder. Btw anyone figured out how to sync it through packet sniffing?

Caspel, any chance of implementing some sort new tabs for monsters and materials or another app you know sorta like guide but something that syncs directly. I think that would be a hit for like a dollar.

razterik

This is the best thing:

fJkmjse.jpg

Took something like 50 gold kings (I lost count), but it's done. Now I can finally go back to leveling up my light teams properly.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Caspel, any chance of implementing some sort new tabs for monsters and materials or another app you know sorta like guide but something that syncs directly. I think that would be a hit for like a dollar.

We are always open to community feedback.

razterik

Haha, that's awesome. Please be physical or healer type for laughs. Dat smirk!

Well, okay. Can we have midweek bonus rates on special dungeons? 1.5x drop rate twice a week, like Japan. Also, any chance you can extend the hours for daily dungeon bonus rates? I hate waiting for the rates to kick in every morning. Or just throw another rotation in there to make them available 24 hours a day.

Tobe

Haha, that's awesome. Please be physical or healer type for laughs. Dat smirk!

Well, okay. Can we have midweek bonus rates on special dungeons? 1.5x drop rate twice a week, like Japan. Also, any chance you can extend the hours for daily dungeon bonus rates? I hate waiting for the rates to kick in every morning. Or just throw another rotation in there to make them available 24 hours a day.

i dont know if you can tell us, but how are the events managed in the us, i know we rant about how jp always gets the good stuff (tamas and shit) but whats holding the US down? also im torn bgetween wanting to have the exacts same things as jp or just have different things in the us. (in the form of events, different but same rewards i guess)
i guess gungho US is tied down to gungho jp sorta like nintendo.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMNN!!!! that something straight out of saint seiya.

yami4ct

[IG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bh8I3sACIAAkwAT.jpg:large[/IMG]

wat

Luci is looking good. All dat blue. He also gets the same thing L.Tron is with all that Blue tinting. Wonder if it means anything? Is there any confirmation on typing for these guys? Perhaps the whole "unconventional ultimate" thing Kirin is getting will also carry to Luci and L.Tron and we'll be getting tri-element monsters?!?
It's probably nothing more than a shared design cue

Paltros

Woah, that took so long, it was death by like a million cuts. The fight with Neptune was actually the fastest just because he has so much less hp than the others. I unfortunately ended up having to use a stone with Hades, I was able to get away with like 32 turns before my defense stance cd finally ended up exactly one turn after his attack cd. But for being my first real descent, I'm not gonna complain.

Thanks again, Jagernaut!

coy

Yo art!

Went 3/8 on Twinlits to salvage the earlier beatings. One run, I had a skyfall of light orbs. I didn't panic as switching to a regular lit has worked for me a number of times. Of course, my next turn I get another skyfall which means death on FL2. Anyways, that nonsense aside, I was able to finally gather 2 more Angelits for Zeus. Now to get 2 more for Lakshmi (yeah I know).

razterik

I'd laugh, but I felt the same pain doing mine. I should say it gets better? Did 0/8 on Suzaku today!

Purin team is totally legit for Twinlits. Snagged 9 Tamadra today in 26 runs. Only had four deaths, almost all from my own screw ups. Biggest worry is a one turn Tamadra binding Valk or Verche before they can refresh if I used them on first two stages. Need to switch out Venus next time.

saichi

Tried for the first time with a non-DJ/GOdin team for Hera yesterday... went all the way to Hera in my 3rd try with Okuni/Bestet team. had 4 turns to do damage but missed 6 combo twice (both time a split sec late to move the last orb). Although failed, it made me realized the potentoal of Okuni as leader. Now I just need to level everyone up.

Okuni - lv low 50s, full awaken
Awoken Hera - lv low 50s
CDKV - lv mid 30s
DJ - lv 40, no skill up
Bluebird - lv 40

Bastet - max lv, full awaken

any suggestions on who should I have for Okuni team?

J0dy77

Looks like they did go ahead and do the Voltron Mech Dragon. I knew I should have kept multiples of each. Oh well, the dark will probably be good enough. I do like this trend of combining all the useless farmed mobs into something usable (hopefully the stats are good).

Interested to see what they do to Lilith. I'm guessing Kirin is just going to get the second light attack and stat adjust with her mat requirements. Not sure they could have made her any stronger.

Well they gave Kirin a total of seven awakenings. That's pretty good.

Twinlit Lilith gives 3x to attackers.

New Luci now also gives some unspecified attack multiplier, which I suspect is just to make Lucistall not completely unbearable.

quin

Looks like they did go ahead and do the Voltron Mech Dragon. I knew I should have kept multiples of each. Oh well, the dark will probably be good enough. I do like this trend of combining all the useless farmed mobs into something usable (hopefully the stats are good).
Interested to see what they do to Lilith. I'm guessing Kirin is just going to get the second light attack and stat adjust with her mat requirements. Not sure they could have made her any stronger.

Kirin got a physical subtype as well

Kreed

Well they gave Kirin a total of seven awakenings. That's pretty good.

Twinlit Lilith gives 3x to attackers.

New Luci now also gives some unspecified attack multiplier, which I suspect is just to make Lucistall not completely unbearable.

I'm guessing it will be 1.5x attack.

I think people should be most excited about Kirin getting a Physical subtype.

I'm also surprised to see so many ultimates with "normal" evolution materials. Sad to see Zaerog still having horrible recovery and Draggie Knight not getting a x3 for his active. Combined with both the Mech Dragon ultimates being voltron ultimates, it is a sad day for Dragon type fans.

Jinko

idk, do any of you get tired of me evangelicizing other dragonesques? (ps play dragon poker)

I wouldn't be playing Monster Strike if it weren't for you.

I started playing Slot and Dragons recently also, I think the poker thing in Japanese would go over my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdTt24ajtgE

Ok so I figured I really need satan for my dtron team. With him i can combo to death and not care about hearts, also he has 3 awesome row enhancements. Since I have a shit cold and can't do hit I probably update my pad herder. Btw anyone figured out how to sync it through packet sniffing?

Aye,
Set up a wireless hotspot on your PC (can use Virtual Router), connect to it with your android/iphone, download Wireshark, capture the wireless hotspot network, open up PAD, press Ctrl + F and type in friends, select string and packet details, it should bring up the information you need to copy.
Select the line that says Line-Based text data: text/html, right click, copy, bytes, printable text only, open up notepad paste and save.
Download Padherder-sync, Use the [EXE] [NOTEPAD FILE] [PADHERDER NAME] [PADHERDER PASSWORD]

Done.

J0dy77

This is the best thing:

Took something like 50 gold kings (I lost count), but it's done. Now I can finally go back to leveling up my light teams properly.

DAmmmmnnn so jealous of this. I don't have the patience to do it. I haven't seen 50 gold kings in the last year. Let alone using them to level up and farm all the shynee's. That is truly impressive.

I thought I had a big moment when Venus hit 99 this morning and finally maxed my entire Valk team. I'm holding out hope that they one day make the skillup available in a Survey Dungeon.

My biggest desire right now is for them to bring back Eco Collab. I need to max Venus and Yomi Change the world.

DAmmmmnnn so jealous of this. I don't have the patience to do it. I haven't seen 50 gold kings in the last year. Let alone using them to level up and farm all the shynee's. That is truly impressive.

I thought I had a big moment when Venus hit 99 this morning and finally maxed my entire Valk team. I'm holding out hope that they one day make the skillup available in a Survey Dungeon.

My biggest desire right now is for them to bring back Eco Collab. I need to max Venus and Yomi Change the world.
gm26CRYl.jpg

I am unsure if this counts as bragging or is just depressing.

razterik

Healer Unicorn! New Kirin is least impressive of the new art? Boo. Not sure how useful Physical type will be for her. Hmm, Apollo/Bubblie/Blue Odin/uhh...Parvati? Hercules? Droid? Big news is those awakenings. Wow.

Light Tron becomes greater than 50% for 3.5x. Still pretty bad. Glad she got another skill boost at least.

Lilith looks nice. Better for gimmick Dark Tron.

Cosmo, show me a max skill Dumpty and I'll be impressed. Boss drop for ECO doesn't even need to be evolved. I'd like that dungeon back to finish my second Yomi and Venus.

J0dy77

that username is beyond epic.

Lol that's you Cosmo? Never even realized you changed your name. Damn all you people with different in game names from your GAF name.

Healer Unicorn! New Kirin is least impressive of the new art? Boo. Not sure how useful Physical type will be for her. Hmm, Apollo/Bubblie/Blue Odin/uhh...Parvati? Hercules? Droid? Big news is those awakenings. Wow.

Light Tron becomes greater than 50% for 3.5x. Still pretty bad. Glad she got another skill boost at least.

Lilith looks nice. Better for gimmick Dark Tron.

Cosmo, show me a max skill Dumpty and I'll be impressed. Boss drop for ECO doesn't even need to be evolved. I'd like that dungeon back to finish my second Yomi and Venus.

They made sure to give her the most useless subtype she could get and make the stats less OP. Having her get more attack and RCV would just be bonkers.

Zero_IYAD

Luci losing his light sub to water feels really weird :|
Hope he gets an additional multiplier to his leader skill.
His evo materials tho! Feels really weird!
Hoping for a single ultimate evo for him =_=

razterik

They made sure to give her the most useless subtype she could get and make the stats less OP. Having her get more attack and RCV would just be bonkers.

No way. Useless subtype would be attacker or devil. Physical is fine because it matches Apollo. Also will work great with a future Athena update. Can't imagine her as anything but physical with those stats.

Kreed

Luci losing his light sub to water feels really weird :|
Hope he gets an additional multiplier to his leader skill.
His evo materials tho! Feels really weird!
Hoping for a single ultimate evo for him =_=

I actually like the change because it means he is no longer capable of getting light bound, which was one of his biggest problems.

No way. Useless subtype would be attacker or devil. Physical is fine because it matches Apollo. Also will work great with a future Athena update. Can't imagine her as anything but physical with those stats.

Plus a lot of monsters got Physical types as ultimates (Isis, Parvati, Shiva, Orochi), and she still works great with Siegfried. Regardless, she has access to a x3 multiplier, so this is nothing to be disappointed about, especially when Horus and Ra didn't get a subtype at all.

ido

So... I want that Lucifer Ult. And Siren and Lilith.

When will it hit the US version?

Lucifer with no light ATT is awesome.

Jinko

Everything feels like a minor step up, can't really feel excited about any of the new ult evos.

For the gods I agree, liking the new subtypes for Unicorn and the mech dragons though, will make them more useful at least. (but damn at those evo mats :O)

Bit disappointing that Unicorn, Cerberus and Phoenix don't get any additional awakenings though :(

Jagernaut

From puzzleanddragonsforum :

Metatron

Leader skill change: Multiplier doesn't change, but active range changes to over 50% health, rather than over 80%!!!

Recover Bind Awoken skill changes to a second Skill Boost!

HP: +100
ATK: +50
RCV: No change

Siren

Leader skill: Strengthened auto-heal, I guess. Not sure how much.

HP: +700
ATK: +400

Lucifer
Leader skill: Small ATK boost for Dark to go along with 2x HP & RCV, I believe.

HP: No change
ATK: +100

Twinlit Lilith

Leader Skill: 3x ATK for Attackers

Awoken Skill 2: Enhanced Heal changes to Enhanced Dark Att. (row boost)

HP: +150
ATK: +370
RCV: -30

Non-Twinlit Lilith

Leader Skill: Extended orb movement time. (Same as Yomi, I guess?)

HP: +800
ATK: +100
RCV: +50

Both Lilith actives along with Ghostring and Musical Note Reaper buffed to 1.5 x ATK, I guess.

I like the Siren stat buffs.

Top Bottom