• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

ccbfan

Siren, D/D Lillith and Metatron Evos are the best.

Metatrons evo essentially makes her 3.5 for healer. Will be running Valk/Valk/Farlio/Enchilada/Light Blob/Meta healer team from now on.

Fantastic stat buff for Siren and D/D Lillith.

Easily the best improvement of all the healer girls ult evos.

Not sure about spending 7 tama to get a skill boost and a time extend for Kirin.

Kyuur

Time to start building a Physical Kirin team?!

- Kirin
- Gigas
- Siegfreid
- Bubblie
- Something Green
- Kirin

Edit: Gon would be a good choice for Green if we ever get the HxH collab, since he has a delay (although only 1 turn..). 75x damage is craziness.

Jagernaut

- Kirin
- Gigas
- Siegfreid
- Bubblie
- Something Green
- Kirin

Edit: Gon would be a good choice for Green if we ever get the HxH collab, since he has a delay (although only 1 turn..). 75x damage is craziness.

Hercules or G/L Parvati?

Lilith ult evo looks pretty damn good. Row enhance, +orb movement would be really useful on a satan team, and even autoheal is beneficial when satan teams can't recover at all.

J0dy77

- Kirin
- Gigas
- Siegfreid
- Bubblie
- Something Green
- Kirin

Why build a Physical team? Her leader skill is still going to require the color matches. She would be a good fit in a Physical leader team now as a sub, that's the only real change.

Maybe something like new Water/Light Seigfried leaders, Bubblie, Kirin and whatever else. Physical teams seem really strong but have literally no recovery.

Why build a Physical team? Her leader skill is still going to require the color matches. She would be a good fit in a Physical leader team now as a sub, that's the only real change.

Maybe something like new Water/Light Seigfried leaders, Bubblie, Kirin and whatever else. Physical teams seem really strong but have literally no recovery.

I assume so you can use bubblie for that sweet 75x burst against bosses with large amounts of HP.

Hercules would probably be good. His active would stack with the 3x from Bubblie right? So the two Kirins and himself would be dealing 112.5x? Feels like you could clear almost anything with that.

AFAIK damage multipliers do not stack.

Kreed

- Kirin
- Gigas
- Siegfreid
- Bubblie
- Something Green
- Kirin

Earth Golem would be great for Green. Honestly I'd drop Red Gigas for a second King Bubblie since Siegfried already covers Red.

It's for the x3 Bubblie skill for super spike damage against bosses.

razterik

Kirin and Bubblie is 75x damage. Can have skill boosts to activate orb changers on first turn. Can be immune to blind, jammer, and even skill lock with right subs. It's so sick.

ZeroAKA

Ultimate Luci doesn't seem like much of an upgrade at all, especially if he still has 4 awakenings. At least his evo materials are easy to get.

Kreed

Again, the biggest problem is recovery. You pretty much won't be able to take a hit

You'd mostly be waiting for King Bubblie with that sort of team though in regards to stalling, so it's not as bad vs a lot of the Gravity + Kirin builds that you wouldn't need with x75. Preemptive strikes would suck though.

razterik

Not seeing a RCV problem here? Kirin herself brings over 700 with friend leader. With the best subs, you end up around 2k RCV without any plus eggs. That's plenty for stalling, especially if Parvati is in there.

You'd mostly be waiting for King Bubblie with that sort of team though in regards to stalling, so it's not as bad vs a lot of the Gravity + Kirin builds that you wouldn't need with x75. Preemptive strikes would suck though.

The thing with kirin teams is that the activation rate is not 100% even with orb changers. You are bound to take a hit or two and preemptive strikes also hurt.

Totakeke

Noticed that draggie still sucks with his new ult evo. HP and ATK has never been a problem with dragon teams. Leader skill still pointless. Active skill still weaker than the king slimes. Puzzle and Gods indeed.

Does succubus has a high chance of dropping at Satan Descended? I still have yet to get one.

Edit: Just evolved my Parvati into ... White Hot Dancing Goddess? What kind of name is that?

Nista

I only got one Angelit and one tamadra out of my twinlit runs yesterday. Kind of annoyed at the whole thing.

Hopefully the JPN twitter backlash against how terrible the ult evo luci is will spur them to make some changes to it. Kirin just ends up being the end all and be all of spike leaders, which is kind of dull, game balance wise.

SaintR

It's less stall time for king bubblie that makes this team look so good. Makes me wish Horus had a sub for he will always have my loyalty.
On that subject Jody, ulti Horus team with Susano is pretty consistent. I refilled stam just to focus on doing KoG. Just have to make sure you make it with gravity charge. Hence the kirin team being so good since you won't need to stall for grav.

However Sonia trumps both the Horus and Goemon team for LoG.

Lol at ultimate L.Tron still being worse than D.Tron. They didn't even give her an additional awakening to match D.Tron. The fuck?

Liking Sakuya's ultimate. They actually buffed her more than I expected, considering how good she already was. Nice awakenings too aside from the worthless orb enhances. I'm assuming the whales put pressure on GH to make her the best ultimate. She needed buffs the least out of the voted monsters but ended up with the biggest upgrades.

Luci ain't bad. Prefer water to Light to avoid Light binds. But lol at him getting even more ATK to go along with his unchanged worthless awakenings. They didn't even give him any additional awakenings. I guess it was too much to hope for 2.5x HP/RCV to match the Sonias. Lol

Healer Unicorn is interesting. Valk teams can already pretty much turn the board all Light. This would be almost like a second King Shynee that can be activated at the same time. Huge burst potential. But of course the HP is atrocious, bringing team HP even lower, making it even more of a glass cannon since all that RCV is worthless if you can't even survive a hit.

So I've only been saving 1 additional of each Mech Dragon to prepare for Megazord, and now it looks like there are gonna be 2 of them? And why so random having ultimate Wood and Dark Mechs but not the rest? Maybe they'll come later? Still seem pretty useless but I want them just cuz they're cool.

Biggest FU is to ultimate Draggie Knight. THE FUCK THE FUCK THE FUCK?! Hardest to skill-up slime for one of the weakest monster types and it's STILL only 2.5x ATK. EAD!

- Kirin
- Gigas
- Siegfreid
- Bubblie
- Something Green
- Kirin

G/L Parv for stats and Heartmaker. Or fully awoken Droid Dragon for immunization. Nice that King Bubblie has 2 Skill Boosts for awakenings. I wish all the slimes had those a awakenings.

I'm not sure if an all Physical Sakuya team would be the best option though. It may have the highest burst potential, but it looks less consistent than the standard team. Loss of Echidna hurts. As does the loss of Angelion to make Hearts out of useless Dark orbs. Parv can make Hearts but breaks the ability to proc Sakuya's multiplier at the same time. Still, applying 3x ATK to just 3 monsters(Sakuya x2 and Bubblie) may still provide a bigger burst than a Hera-Is gravity, while giving you 2 Skill Boosts to do it sooner.

Ltron Busty still garbage. Dtron still better and this is before Dtron gets a busty, too.

Liking the Lilith and Siren evos, though. Gat damn, Kirin! Why you no let me get you?

Tobe

well i have wind, light and dark mechs to spare. i just need the fire and the weird space cow to come back again.

Ltron Busty still garbage. Dtron still better and this is before Dtron gets a busty, too.

The best part is this is what...her 3rd iteration? (HP full....HP >80...HP >50). 50% is still better and she gets another skill boost, but would've like to see 4x or unconditional 3.5.

Is she pretty much the worst 'godfest only' monster you can pull?

Kreed

I'm not sure if an all Physical Sakuya team would be the best option though. It may have the highest burst potential, but it looks less consistent than the standard team. Loss of Echidna hurts. As does the loss of Angelion to make Hearts out of useless Dark orbs. Parv can make Hearts but breaks the ability to proc Sakuya's multiplier at the same time. Still, applying 3x ATK to just 3 monsters(Sakuya x2 and Bubblie) may still provide a bigger burst than a Hera-Is gravity, while giving you 2 Skill Boosts to do it sooner.

I don't think dropping a physical member or two would hurt the team much anyway. Physical Goemon/Dark Metatron teams often substitute an Echidna/something with a useful active in place of running a full type team. Plus they would still get the x25 anyway so it's not like they would be completely handicapped.

I also wonder if Mastering had any influence on the decision to give Kirin Physical typing? Still a nice touch though.

The best part is this is what...her 3rd iteration? (HP full....HP >80...HP >50). 50% is still better and she gets another skill boost, but would've like to see 4x or unconditional 3.5.

Is she pretty much the worst 'godfest only' monster you can pull?

Either her or Green Sonia, simply because Gungho keeps screwing over Dragon types.

razterik

Green Odin is worse than Green Sonia. A balanced-type dragon team led by Green Sonia is really good! Green Odin can't be used for even half what she can do.

Also, you flubbed the quote tag there for GC.

Kreed

Green Odin is worse than Green Sonia. A balanced-type dragon team led by Green Sonia is really good! Green Odin can't be used for even half what she can do.

Also, you flubbed the quote tag there for GC.

Thanks for pointing that out, I had you multiquoted for an earlier post and deleted too much from GC's.

Not sure I agree on Green Odin though, but I will agree the Sonias with the right subs are much more capable of clearing newer content vs the Odins.

massoluk

Banned
Haha, I've been away for a while from this thread. I came back weeks later and found out they're gonna further pimp out Luci, one of the most overpowered monster in the game (pre-awaken)? haha.

Anyway, this past week has been very productive. Awoken'ed Green Odin, awoken'ed Hera-Is, evolved Satan, bustied my Enchilada, evolved a Super Gunma (why? I don't know), evolved UFO Ver. 2.

Now very close to evolve my Vritra.

My Mosterbox went from

330/335 to 286/335 in one week. Phew.

Kirin just ends up being the end all and be all of spike leaders, which is kind of dull, game balance wise.
Yeah. I agree completely. It's funny how they take her from being arguably the best to flat out THE best monster in the game with that busty.
Hell yes, this is because I'm jealous because I don't have her.

yami4ct

Just caught the news about the new Ults. Nothing too crazy, but some nice additions. L.Tron and Luci going Water sub is a surprise for sure. Love the new Awakenings on Kirin. More Skill+'s are always appreciated. Still surprised they're given Lilith two ults, though the two Angelits required on the D/L one is cringe inducing.

Really surprised how not terrible the mats on these guys are. Besides the Mythical Beasts, D/L Lilith and Zaerog, they aren't as terrible as I expected GungHo to pull. Luci doesn't require anything special and L.tron only needs 1 angelit. Most seem to require a Gold Keeper, but that's not exactly a surprise and that dungeon seems like it's not as bad as the 'lits. I honestly expected some of them to require the gold keeper and some ridiculous combination of Angelits and Devilits as well. Lol at the Zaerog requirements, though. As if 3 super kings for his normal wasn't enough, now you need another and all 3 tri-fruits? Hahah. Almost no one's going to do that.

Also surprised that there's more than one "Voltron" dragon. Seems like we'll eventually see ultimate versions of all of them with a requirement of the other four. Hope they get put on a better rotation, then, or they give us a mech Rush with not terrible drop rates. Collecting multiples for each ult isn't going to be fun, but that's a very Gungho thing to do.

Kreed

Just caught the news about the new Ults. Nothing too crazy, but some nice additions. L.Tron and Luci going Water sub is a surprise for sure. Love the new Awakenings on Kirin. More Skill+'s are always appreciated. Still surprised they're given Lilith two ults, though the two Angelits required on the D/L one is cringe inducing.

The other healer girls got two ultimates so it falls in line with what Gungho has done before. The only reason Siren and Echidna didn't is because they are used more often.

yami4ct

There was nothing they could do with Kirin's leader skill other than increase it's strength which would upset the "Ra community", or give her a x6 for activating more colors which would mess up Kirin teams that get rid of dark orbs. This should give you an idea of what to expect for the other Chinese God ultimates though.

GungHo was in a really no-win scenario with the Kirin ult. Her ability is about perfect as is, so they can't make the usual skill changes. I think the new Awakenings and Physical subtype are great additions. Makes new kinds of Kirin teams viable without ditching the old. Also means she does't step on the toes of other established leaders.

Jinko

Also surprised that there's more than one "Voltron" dragon. Seems like we'll eventually see ultimate versions of all of them with a requirement of the other four. Hope they get put on a better rotation, then, or they give us a mech Rush with not terrible drop rates. Collecting multiples for each ult isn't going to be fun, but that's a very Gungho thing to do.

There is no way gungho will make this easy for us, not like they are going to start now.

linsivvi

Oh wow missed the mythical beast ultimates.

I'm working on a Satan farm team for Trifruits and that additional stats on Cerberus would certainly help.

Kreed

GungHo was in a really no-win scenario with the Kirin ult. Her ability is about perfect as is, so they can't make the usual skill changes. I think the new Awakenings and Physical subtype are great additions. Makes new kinds of Kirin teams viable without ditching the old. Also means she does't step on the toes of other established leaders.

I'm just disappointed by Zaerog, especially the way Gungho hyped up Kirin and his ultimates as a "controversial/new type" of ultimate. Yet all they did was slap on a bunch of awakenings and minor stat increases. I can understand Kirin cause she's already awesome but Zaerog just got shafted. Not even an extra type for his x3.5 to be used with. Oh and Draggie's ultimate is just awful. Weaker active, weaker leader skill than Dragon Knight. If Gungho had required Trifruits for his ultimate that would have been the ultimate troll to Dragon types.

J0dy77

Kirin and Bubblie is 75x damage. Can have skill boosts to activate orb changers on first turn. Can be immune to blind, jammer, and even skill lock with right subs. It's so sick.

Ahh good point, completely forgot about that. That's insane burst if you can avoid the damage. Healing will be a big problem.

Totakeke

I'm just disappointed by Zaerog, especially the way Gungho hyped up Kirin and his ultimates as a "controversial/new type" of ultimate. Yet all they did was slap on a bunch of awakenings and minor stat increases. I can understand Kirin cause she's already awesome but Zaerog just got shafted. Not even an extra type for his x3.5 to be used with. Oh and Draggie's ultimate is just awful. Weaker active, weaker leader skill than Dragon Knight. If Gungho had required Trifruits for his ultimate that would have been the ultimate troll to Dragon types.

Probably safe to say that every time they hype up something now it's probably just more of the same.

Tobe

i know this is a long shot but i gotta do it, if anybody is interested in anything out of steam, ill be happy to get for you in exchange for some itunes cards. brother sent some steam money and he cant return the card or some shit, so again if anybody wants to buy something tell me ill be extra happy to make that trade :)

yami4ct

Zaerog is a trophy monster to GungHo, nothing more. He's a shiny thing they give people who can beat all the normal dungeons. His evos are rewards for people crazy enough to collect those mats. Would I love if they made him more viable? Absolutely. With the amount of stuff they expect people to invest in him, it's frankly an insult how mediocre he is. The problem is that GungHo would not do anything that could slightly hurt their REM money.

Top Bottom