• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Totakeke

Depending on your definition of farmable mobs, there's plenty of farmable mobs that's a good enough replacement to a majority of the REM pulls.

Well actually I don't really care whether it's from the REM or not, I don't want updates to mobs that doesn't make them any more relevant than they previously were because it also means they have far less chance of becoming relevant in the future. Why update them then?

coy

So much news to absorb but most of it is good. I thought Kirin was going to get a new type of busty? Looks more like an across-the-board buff. The way GH made it sound, it was as if they were going to experiment with her as they realize she is S-tier. I was thinking incremental buff, but she got 4(!!) extra Awakenings and a subtype (sorry Horus). I love Kirin and will love her even more, but this feels like a bit more than she needed.

I don't mind the LMeta changes. I wish her stat buff was more significant, but I think she can now qualify as a good sub. I'm already thinking of her for F/L Horus team: she has the best RCV, something F/L Horus could use, she is fantastic for dungeons with binds, and she covers Blue.

Lucifer will be D/W just like Satan. I'll probably use him in Byakko teams if I need a RCV boost.

I cannot wait for D/L Lilith! I've already got a ghetto DMeta team with:

D/L Lilith / D/D Tiamat / Gryps / D/D Bats / Elysion

I need better Attacker monsters.

I think they should add more type-targeting attacks and binds for enemies, to be honest. Zeus already has the bind for God types, so why not give other monsters attacks that hit other types and stuff?

Genji

So much news to absorb but most of it is good. I thought Kirin was going to get a new type of busty? Looks more like an across-the-board buff. The way GH made it sound, it was as if they were going to experiment with her as they realize she is S-tier. I was thinking incremental buff, but she got 4(!!) extra Awakenings and a subtype (sorry Horus). I love Kirin and will love her even more, but this feels like a bit more than she needed..

Yeah, I don't mind the buffs to Kirin at all but I was really hoping they would do something different with her, as promised. Something to change up her playstyle via the new ultimate. Ah well :(

Figures they can't do too much with Lucifer, he's still too easy/powerful even if you can't use him in certain descends. I try to avoid grinding stuff out with him but sometimes he's still the best choice, so I don't mind anything that makes playing him less tedious.

I'm having fun trying the different playstyle that the Hero gods bring (although the buff to their skills can't come soon enough), but more diversity is always good.

ccbfan

Hmm

I thinking of a Physical Kirin Team.

So far I got

Kirin

Gigas
Enchilada (Its my only +297 character and I need the RCV and the delay is nice)
Bubblie
Green Monster

Kirin

I don't have Parvati which is probably the best stat stick for Green. The only 2 green physicals I can use is Green Golem and Droid Dragon. I'm leaning toward Droid Dragon, it actually has some pretty impressive RCV for a Physical and the new awokenings would be extreme useful for Kirin team which also have a ton of status immunes.

Japan have some good ones we never got though especially Chrono Turte.

I finally beat my first dungeon with a Dtron team: Rust Mechdragon - Legend. It was close! I really need Hanzo.

Anubis saved my ass with his bind resist and orb conversion, too.

*Weekend Blades*
[Duration]: 3/7 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 3/8 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)

Beware the blades of these Gods, Dragons, and Knights!

3/7 - Zeus Descended!
3/8 - Draggie!
3/7 - 3/8 - Sword of Flames

As a bonus for this special weekend, *1000 Pal Points* are being awarded to players each day!

**WARNING: You can only hold a max of 10000 Pal points--any points that go over this limit will be deleted! Pal Points for 3/8 will be given out as late as 3/9 11:59 PM**

ccbfan

Any reason to have a 2nd zeus for Awoken Zeus Stratios?

I have so many Devilits (My Angelits and Devilit ratio is like 1 to 4), I only needed 3 for Hera.

No Dark Meta for skill ups.

coy

Guess I'll finally go for Zeus with my Astaroth team then eventually be able to attempt twinlits (oh joy).

Is 6.4.2 still coming today?

Nope, it's been delayed.

*Notice from the Puzzle & Dragons Team*

The maintenance previously scheduled for 3/6 (Thurs) 12:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PST) has been postponed.

We will keep everyone informed as soon as we have an updated time for this maintenance.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Tobe

I finally beat my first dungeon with a Dtron team: Rust Mechdragon - Legend. It was close! I really need Hanzo.

Anubis saved my ass with his bind resist and orb conversion, too.

this will be a breeze when we get the eva collab. so what has been the tought part of the team? stalling + heart management?

for me that still is the hardest part, im really afraid of doing big combos and getting a heart cascade.

im really close to beating KOG, actually just awakening gryps hanzo and arthur will make me gonna clear it. dtron just breezes through it.

this will be a breeze when we get the eva collab. so what has been the tought part of the team? stalling + heart management?

for me that still is the hardest part, im really afraid of doing big combos and getting a heart cascade.

im really close to beating KOG, actually just awakening gryps hanzo and arthur will make me gonna clear it. dtron just breezes through it.
For me, it's not so much stalling, as it is orb management. Batman gives me an extra turn of reprieve when I need it, but it takes a while to get Gryps ready, much less Anubis and Yomi, and enemies hit so hard that if I run out of orbs, I'm dead. I might sub out Bats for Echidna. I'll get less firepower, but 3 turns of delay is SO much better than 1. And, of course, once I get Hanzo, Ares, and/or Red Odin, things will be better. I have Arthur at low level right now, but I don't see him being all that beneficial at the moment.

Tobe

For me, it's not so much stalling, as it is orb management. Batman gives me an extra turn of reprieve when I need it, but it takes a while to get Gryps ready, much less Anubis and Yomi, and enemies hit so hard that if I run out of orbs, I'm dead. I might sub out Bats for Echidna. I'll get less firepower, but 3 turns of delay is SO much better than 1. And, of course, once I get Hanzo, Ares, and/or Red Odin, things will be better. I have Arthur at low level right now, but I don't see him being all that beneficial at the moment.

more dmg? hearts turned into dark orbs? still no skills up make him a one shot kinda guy.

im thinking of getting goemon which i never had before, just that hp and full board conversion to combo with hanzo is tempting.

colinp

Banned
Have you guys seen the PAD Illustrations art book that was released in Japan last month? I picked it up today after work. It's pretty sweet! Seeing the rough pictures right beside the final draft is kinda wild. The fine details are lacking in the draft but the general idea is always there. Really cool. I can take some pictures and post them later if you guys are interested.

colinp

Banned
3vfvr4K.jpg

NuVl5LT.jpg

Ef8Ve06.jpg

SfxDHuR.jpg

hDQsMn2.jpg

Book is a bit over 200 pages. I'm heading off to bed now but I'll try to post more when I get a chance!

Sorry they're a bit big. I swear I cropped them but somehow that isn't what was uploaded. Ugh, imgur and iOS... Well, I'll fool around with or more next time.

Yaari

Nice pictures in that book. Good quality.

I am wondering if I should pick up a Zeus. It would be just to run Twinlits. I have nothing else to do it with currently. But weren't they nerfing that dungeon? I'd rather not go through the process of leveling a Zeus for a single dungeon. I already fed a +297 Zeus away a few months back.

Hopefully my DTron team can eventually run it. Got my 400 day bonus a few days back. Can't believe I've been playing for so long, a mobile game. Who would have thought.

Kreed

I am wondering if I should pick up a Zeus. It would be just to run Twinlits. I have nothing else to do it with currently. But weren't they nerfing that dungeon? I'd rather not go through the process of leveling a Zeus for a single dungeon. I already fed a +297 Zeus away a few months back.

Hopefully my DTron team can eventually run it. Got my 400 day bonus a few days back. Can't believe I've been playing for so long, a mobile game. Who would have thought.

After we get the update/patch, you won't be seeing descended Twinlits anymore, and I believe the descended Trifruits dungeon will be gone. Instead the 50 stamina weekly versions will be added.

The main nerfs to the dungeons however are damage/hp changes. So the strategies will be pretty much the same except you don't need as high HP, so more teams can be run successfully. You can still get orb trolled on the first floor however, which is the main thing they need to fix IMO (put all the lits on a turn 2 timer when the round starts).

I'd say go for it. Mine is pretty low level (60s evo'd) and its working alright.

J0dy77

After we get the update/patch, you won't be seeing descended Twinlits anymore, and I believe the descended Trifruits dungeon will be gone. Instead the 50 stamina weekly versions will be added.

The main nerfs to the dungeons however are damage/hp changes. So the strategies will be pretty much the same except you don't need as high HP, so more teams can be run successfully. You can still get orb trolled on the first floor however, which is the main thing they need to fix IMO (put all the lits on a turn 2 timer when the round starts).

But how would they eat up those continue stones if there wasn't trolling? :p

Jinko

They arent nefring it much, so prob best get one, but I expect in the next few weeks we will start to see more viable teams as people experiment.

ccbfan

The biggest problem with twinlit is the actually Round 2 not Round 1.

Round 1 becomes a problem because of Round 2. You need to stall in Round 1 or else you die in Round 2.

Had they made Round 2 dubs like regular friday dubs then we wouldn't need to charge in Round 1 and would open up a ton of other teams that can complete the dungeon.

The biggest problem with twinlit is the actually Round 2 not Round 1.

Round 1 becomes a problem because of Round 2. You need to stall in Round 1 or else you die in Round 2.

Had they made Round 2 dubs like regular friday dubs then we wouldn't need to charge in Round 1 and would open up a ton of other teams that can complete the dungeon.

You just described WHY round 1 is the problem.

ccbfan

You just described WHY round 1 is the problem.

Well if they fix round 2 then round 1 would not be a problem.

Call out the source over the sympton.

Kinda like AIDs don't directly kill people the diseases they contract as a result of aids kill people. AIDs is still the main problem here.

Fixing round 1 would mean making its easier to stall. That still limits twinlit teams to only those that can stall in round 1.

Fixing round 2 means you don't need to stall round one opening up a ton more teams and ways to complete the dungeon.

Well if they fix round 2 then round 1 would not be a problem.

Call out the source over the sympton.

Kinda like AIDs don't directly kill people the diseases they contract as a result of aids kill people. AIDs is still the main problem here.

Fixing round 1 would mean making its easier to stall. That still limits twinlit teams to only those that can stall in round 1.

Fixing round 2 means you don't need to stall round one opening up a ton more teams and ways to complete the dungeon.

You would still need to stall for round 3, just not as much. Problem is, making things 'easier' for us directly affects GungHo's bottom line negatively.

muu

You would still need to stall for round 3, just not as much. Problem is, making things 'easier' for us directly affects GungHo's bottom line negatively.

It's a bit much for what's essentially an evo mat dungeon, though. Still haven't run Twinlits myself since I dont' feel like going through the frustration.

I managed 3 angelits the other day and was thinking of doing (as suggested) Yomi and Parvati. Then the news came of Kirin ult evo and I thought maybe I better hold on. However, if the recipe is right, I don't even need an angelit, right? Just a keeper of gold...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
New LTron is still so bad. Ugh.

E: Also, finally found a KoG farming build. Ronia/Ronia + Busty Hera/Ur/Baddie/Baddie. As long as you hit the HP threshold, it's relatively easy to farm. Each run takes about 5 minutes.

razterik

Why not drop Okuni and lead with Light Tron or Valk instead? You don't lose much burst and gain another sub slot to use for another healer sub. It's okay if you have nothing to slot in there, though.

Kreed

New LTron is still so bad. Ugh.

E: Also, finally found a KoG farming build. Ronia/Ronia + Busty Hera/Ur/Baddie/Baddie. As long as you hit the HP threshold, it's relatively easy to farm. Each run takes about 5 minutes.

That's the team I've been running/I mentioned a few days ago during the King of God's discussion (minus Ultimate Hera, regular hera is just fine here though for those who don't have it). You "can" still get orb trolled however against Tiamat by not getting any hearts between healing/trying to finish him off. And there's is also a "small" chance of not getting enough dark orbs with Red Sonia's active against Zeus (I've only had it happen once, but may as well mention it).

Kreed

Lucifer's attack boost is now 1.35x for dark monsters. Good or bad, I'm not sure

I'd "love" to see a video of Gungho staffers actually playing/testing some of these characters and dungeons they put out. Sure x1.35 is better than nothing, but why not x1.5? Do they really think that a 1.5 multiplier is going to break Lucifer or even matter in the dungeons where they've successfully made him a non factor?

That Luci attack boost is both helpful and detrimental depending on the dungeon you use him for. For example, I max skilled my Zeus by running his dungeon with a Luci team. But I had to be careful not to kill the second Chimera before recharging skills before Zeus. Running 2 ultimate Lucis would make that strategy near impossible now. However, it makes dungeons like Goemon much easier, because the 1F Ninjas can kill you if you don't kill enough of them in time.

Tobe

Man I miss the HK dungeon super easy and big exp. Also skill ups for fruit dragons and I&I.

Tho I fed mine like 8 I had zero skill ups :(.

massoluk

Banned
Guys, I feel like I'm missing something from being away for so long, what's the deal with busty enchilada? Why did a big chunk of my friend list suddenly converted from valkyrie/luci to busty enchilada?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That's the team I've been running/I mentioned a few days ago during the King of God's discussion (minus Ultimate Hera, regular hera is just fine here though for those who don't have it). You "can" still get orb trolled however against Tiamat by not getting any hearts between healing/trying to finish him off. And there's is also a "small" chance of not getting enough dark orbs with Red Sonia's active against Zeus (I've only had it happen once, but may as well mention it).

With enough skillups on Hera, the Tiamet round isn't terrible. But orb trolling on Zeus is definitely possible...

Guys, I feel like I'm missing something from being away for so long, what's the deal with busty enchilada? Why did a big chunk of my friend list suddenly converted from valkyrie/luci to busty enchilada?
Two reasons:

1. Her leader skill got a big boost, so it's usable for farming easy dungeons, like plants.

2. They introduced Challenge Mode, where your entire team is comprised of your friends' leaders, so it's useful to have Echidna up for people to use.

Hey guys and gals. Does anybody have a Lucifer on the Japanese server? I know that Cosmo has an Astaroth, but I really need a Lucifer so that I can take down Valkyrie.

quin

Hey guys and gals. Does anybody have a Lucifer on the Japanese server? I know that Cosmo has an Astaroth, but I really need a Lucifer so that I can take down Valkyrie.

I have one but he is pretty low level(29), haha, I never use him. Maintenance starts in 8min though. Are we friends? My id is 177246764

Top Bottom