• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Genji

I'm 1 for about 80 in skill ups between various monsters these last 2 days....

Disheartening...

Wow :( Nothing makes me hate the game more than failing miserably on skill ups. Sure, it probably evens out in the long run (or not!), but going 0-15 or whatever after grinding dungeon after dungeon is simply brutal.

linsivvi

I wish Gungho would introduce a super rare monster, something like tamadra that appears rarely or only in very difficult dungeons. Make it such that when you feed it along with a skill up monster, it will give you a 100% skill up rate. Limit it to 1 per level.

I don't think it'll be that broken since it's rare and people will need to spend stones to get them. Spending stones on guaranteed skill ups is much better than the frustration of getting screwed by the random number generator.

Totakeke

Except the RNG does seem suspiciously streaky too often for a single person. I think asking them to not-RNG is too much of a request, but I sure would like them to recheck on their RNG implementation... not that they'll ever admit there's anything wrong with it.

Jinko

I wish Gungho would introduce a super rare monster, something like tamadra that appears rarely or only in very difficult dungeons. Make it such that when you feed it along with a skill up monster, it will give you a 100% skill up rate. Limit it to 1 per level.

I don't think it'll be that broken since it's rare and people will need to spend stones to get them. Spending stones on guaranteed skill ups is much better than the frustration of getting screwed by the random number generator.

It seems that a lot of asian mmo style concepts are purposefully put there to annoy their playerbase though.

I have never seen the appeal of RNG.

At this point in the games life when there is so much content/characters it would be in their best interests to increase skill up rates.

Vote for black tama-chan !

colinp

Banned
Since Sword of Flames is up can we expect the other survey dungeons to come up in the near future! too? And are they usually in order...? This this is the fifth survey will we presumably see the sixth next?

quin

Wow :( Nothing makes me hate the game more than failing miserably on skill ups. Sure, it probably evens out in the long run (or not!), but going 0-15 or whatever after grinding dungeon after dungeon is simply brutal.

My luck sort of changed.

I now have a maxed skill lucifer, 2 odin, 2 isis and 10th angel. I never want to see this dungeon ever again.

Next up is dragons dogma

Wait until we get Twinlits every Friday. lol The hate, it will burn with the heat of a thousand suns.

I'd actually be ok with this. High chance at mythlit and dubmythlit. Chance at a chance of awakening :D

I'll take the dub/mythlit for that 50 stamina. We all know the rates are shit in the normal Friday dungeon anyway.

Totakeke

5 stoned Zeus :/. One stone was totally my fault at the Chimera, but the others I just couldn't keep up with healing 27k per turn even with 10k rcv while generating a constant flow of hearts. Also didn't expect my team to basically do 0 damage to Zeus without active skills or skyfalls which means I can only be on defensive. That last part was a bad miscalculation.

razterik

Aqua Chaser rates 3x starting tomorrow.

Anyone up for trading presents on JP side? Reset with chance for Noel dragons. ID - Xeta: 216,157,048

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
5 stoned Zeus :/. One stone was totally my fault at the Chimera, but the others I just couldn't keep up with healing 27k per turn even with 10k rcv while generating a constant flow of hearts. Also didn't expect my team to basically do 0 damage to Zeus without active skills or skyfalls which means I can only be on defensive. That last part was a bad miscalculation.

Zeus is worth 5 stones. I mean, he's not as amazing as he was in his heyday, but he is significantly more useful now with Twinlits than he was after his newness wore off when he came out.

Jinko

I'd actually be ok with this. High chance at mythlit and dubmythlit. Chance at a chance of awakening :D

I'll take the dub/mythlit for that 50 stamina. We all know the rates are shit in the normal Friday dungeon anyway.

This is true only thing that dungeon is missing is another floor with 5 coloured dublits lol.
I need to focus on getting my zeus team levelled.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Runs like this remind me of why Zeus is such a good dungeon to farm. Its not super efficient for stam, but I get 1 +egg per run on average.

dIJjOoh.jpg

Kyuur

Anyone have an Abyss Neptune they could put up for me tomorrow for 2x Mechdragon? I use Kirin (still unevolved due to no yellow dubs ;_;) and put up Orochi for tues/wed/fri dungeons normally.

ID: 348,897,222

Got orb trolled on way too many boards, deposited 12 stones into Zeus. Had like four consecutive boards after revive where Kirin couldn't be activated.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm trying to figure out how many Zeus I should farm. I've got a slvl 2 Zeus right now, 9 in reserve...I'm thinking that I'd realistically need to farm ~80 to max skill, but I'm not that focused. I'll probably try and grab 25-30 for the next 2x skillup.

Ducarmel

Finally defeated Zeus, tried it first with the standard Haku descend team but could not stall on the mask I made a non attacking orb match and sky fall some how managed to match all 3 colors and activated her leader skill killing all of them. I still had like 20 turns to go for gravity decided maybe its not worth spending stones on this run.

I had no Haku friends up so I went with Kushinada/Bastet tricolor Genbu team for my second attempt. Again sky fall preventing me from stalling for skills, so decided to combo like crazy 6 stones later I got my first Zeus.

Feels good to finally have a mindless Zeus farm team, too. Ronia at it again.
Yeah. I created a second King Baddie just for my Ronia team. Not gonna bother max-skilling the second one, though. I really underestimated the Sonias' usefulness at first. 6.25x ATK/RCV seemed prematurely obsolete when everyone was already running at minimum 9x ATK teams. But their combination of active skills and awakenings make them way more useful and synergistic than apparent at first glance. And I was bitter that Ronia was the only Sonia I got with all my pulls. But she's the best of the 3 if I could only have one. You can make a primarily Fire or primarily Dark based team due to her leader skill affecting Devil types. And Dark isn't weak against anything. And Devils have some amazing skills and awakenings. And she's just as good as a sub. I've been clearing challenge dungeons with a Hera-Ur led team with Ronia subs.

Runs like this remind me of why Zeus is such a good dungeon to farm. Its not super efficient for stam, but I get 1 +egg per run on average.
Yup. And if you're skilling-up a Zeus anyway, it's a good source of Mystic Masks.

A Kirin 75x physical team video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEJg-FqlCb8

holy moly@dat dmg
Nice concept vid, but it showed me how inconsistent such a team would be. It has zero emergency buttons like Echidna, Orochi, Susano, etc.. If CDD showed up on a 1-turn timer, he'd be dead. And even after clearing out orbs for 1 turn, he was lucky to get exactly 3 Water and 3 Fire orbs to be able to activate Sakuya on the second turn. Similarly, he had exactly 3 Water orbs on Zeus. If Zeus showed up on a 1-turn timer and he didn't have all colors, he's dead.

So ,would switching Demon Viper Oorochi be a significant downgrade for Blodin? I have both ,but def use his skill in a pinch.
The biggest advantage of Blodin are his 3 Skill Boosts. Otherwise, provided you can stall enough turns, Orochi's delay is much more useful on a Sakuya team due to orb trolls. And of course it gives you 5 extra turns to attack even if you don't get orb trolled.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Speaking of ridiculous Ronia damage...

I can't seem to find a good damage calculation for row and orb enhance. Anyone got one? I was going to try and put together a quick spreadsheet to calc my basic damage, but I can't find those two pieces of info.

Musan

Best Kirin physical team I've seen is Tsubome/Parvati/Apollo/Bubblie. Good compromise of safety and offense as needed.

The biggest advantage of Blodin are his 3 Skill Boosts. Otherwise, provided you can stall enough turns, Orochi's delay is much more useful on a Sakuya team due to orb trolls. And of course it gives you 5 extra turns to attack even if you don't get orb trolled.[/QUOTE]

That's true ,those skill boost are life or death in a Decended situation.

yami4ct

Finally got to Ocean of Heaven. Yay! Means I've got all the Siren farming locations opened up. Hope I can get one soon. I have like 26 marine goblins clogging my inventory for skill-ups.

Man, normal dungeons get really easy at some point. Maybe it's just my team getting better, but pretty much everything after Tomb of Saint-Deep has been a breeze.

Kreed

Speaking of ridiculous Ronia damage...

I can't seem to find a good damage calculation for row and orb enhance. Anyone got one? I was going to try and put together a quick spreadsheet to calc my basic damage, but I can't find those two pieces of info.

The Puzzle Dragon forums has a good break down topic for Satan teams that you can tweak to get Sonia's damage (using an imaginary scenario involving her active, like say 3 rows of dark orbs and two rows of red orbs):

http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=36686

Best Kirin physical team I've seen is Tsubome/Parvati/Apollo/Bubblie. Good compromise of safety and offense as needed.
Interesting. By Tsubome, I'm assuming you mean Hatsume no Tsubone the blue ninja? If so, that reminds me of how I utilize Valk and Angelion for maximum flexibility between offense and defense. Can convert Dark to Hearts for maximum healing. Can convert Dark to Hearts to Light for maximum damage. Or can convert Hearts to Light, then Dark to Hearts to increase damage and still heal on the same turn.

Similarly, you can convert Water to Hearts if you need healing, but convert Dark to Water so you still have some Water orbs to proc Sakuya. Or just create Water orbs if you don't have 3 on the board. That Physical variation still gives you the burst of Angelion + Valk using Apollo (albeit with a longer CD), but gives you the added ability to create Water orbs and you gain an additional Physical monster to take advantage of King Bubblie. And the increased CD for Apollo doesn't hurt as much with all the Skill Boosts on the team. I like it.

Nista

What's the best subs for a Grodin/Ama team for Zeus? I figure I might want to get another Zeus to Stratios so I can use up some of my extra Devilits.

Top Bottom