• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

SaintR

On the topic of skillups, I absentmindingly just fed Zeus without paying attention that it's not x2 time and got a skillup. During the event, I fed 18 enchiladas and 0 skillups. Dat RNG.
Also, Ronia really makes farming Zeus easy. Even with just one slime the dungeon is easily farmed. You can use one gravity on chimeras and still one shot Zeus with one grav>Ronia>baddie>hera-ur

Tobe

Someone needs to come up with a practice mode online I could zero stone Zeus easily with dtron biut the lack of dungeon practice killed me. Did ten pulls on the pem got shit tho I got a Cerberus which is ok I guess

J0dy77

I have everyone on that Kirin physical team but Kirin.

I have everyone on my JP account except for Blodin, would have to use a water golem or something. I also need a ton more levels just to be able to get the team cost.

That team in the video that was posted was solid but I really think they should replace someone with Echidna. When you have the 2 - 20% Gravities and that much light damage you're just overkilling everything. He also got extremely lucky with that run in round 7 and 8. If CDD was on turn one he was dead, if he had orb troll on round 7 he was probably dead again.

The only thing I don't understand is why they gave her 9 awakenings? Are the rest of the Chinese gods going to get the same treatment?

Edit:

Nice concept vid, but it showed me how inconsistent such a team would be. It has zero emergency buttons like Echidna, Orochi, Susano, etc.. If CDD showed up on a 1-turn timer, he'd be dead. And even after clearing out orbs for 1 turn, he was lucky to get exactly 3 Water and 3 Fire orbs to be able to activate Sakuya on the second turn. Similarly, he had exactly 3 Water orbs on Zeus. If Zeus showed up on a 1-turn timer and he didn't have all colors, he's dead.

Ha, George beat me and completely agree. Echidna needs a place in there. 75x is overkill.

Tobe

how is ronia the best monster? just because awakenings? the sheer amount of row enhancements just destroys everything?

I wouldn't say she's the clear best but a strong argument could be made for her. Definitely in my top 5 (I don't even know what my top 5 are, but I'm sure she's on it). Pre-ultimate Sakuya is still number 1 for me and ultimate Sakuya is clearly number 1 imo. But like I said, Ronia does some things better and easier so I wouldn't argue against her.

I wish i had a Sonia. I'm just bad at multiple matches. I can't even beat dungeons with byakko. I was excited to get kirin but she just makes me feel bad about myself lol. Lucifer is still my go to for most dungeons.

I wouldn't say she's the clear best but a strong argument could be made for her. Definitely in my top 5 (I don't even know what my top 5 are, but I'm sure she's on it). Pre-ultimate Sakuya is still number 1 for me and ultimate Sakuya is clearly number 1 imo. But like I said, Ronia does some things better and easier so I wouldn't argue against her.
If I had to guess, it would be something like this:

1. Ultimate Sakuya
2. Sakuya
3. Dtron
4. Ultimate Horus
5. Ronia

Close? That's my top 5, at least. #6 would probably be Ultimate SOD Lucifer, since he can easily clear some content that the other best have trouble with.

SaintR

1. Ultimate Sakuya
2. Sakuya
3. Dtron
4. Ultimate Horus
5. Ronia

Close? That's my top 5, at least. #6 would probably be Ultimate SOD Lucifer, since he can easily clear some content that the other best have trouble with.
I think ultimate horus has a strong argument for being number 2. He's so much easier to activate and you can still x5 with a easy board. That being said I don't have a dtron so my opinion is probably flawed and also sakuya has an awesome ability.

As for Ronia, I agree in her placement but in certain dungeons she's better than eveyone else in that list. That's how good she is to give perpective.

I think ultimate horus has a strong argument for being number 2. He's so much easier to activate and you can still x5 with a easy board. That being said I don't have a dtron so my opinion is probably flawed and also sakuya has an awesome ability.

As for Ronia, I agree in her placement but in certain dungeons she's better than eveyone else in that list. That's how good she is to give perpective.
Dtron is so, so, so strong after you have the right subs and awakenings. To give you an example, Mechdragon Hadar on Legend goes down in one round if you score just one row of dark orbs and a few combos, and I don't even have everyone fully awoken or Hanzo yet. Plus, this is without Flamie, and nothing is strong against this team. It's insane!

As for Horus, I love Horus and mostly use him, since I don't have Sakuya, but Sakuya's 20% gravity is no joke, and her color is better.

coy

1. Ultimate Sakuya
2. Sakuya
3. Dtron
4. Ultimate Horus
5. Ronia

Haha, Kirin is so stronk she claimed top 2! I was thinking maybe Ra or Echidna belong up there, but I am unsure who to replace.

When is the next update supposed come out?

PADX is saying maintenance on 3/9 from midnight to 6AM, but I am unable to get confirmation on other sites including the FB page. They should've known better not to try and squeeze the maintenance around the time of the (stupid) Daylight Savings changeover.

J0dy77

I think the consensus from this thread is Kirin, Ronia, Horus and Dark Tron as the top 4 mobs in some order. Kirin stands alone after her new busty and Horus is probably the easiest to get going for a new player, D.Tron/Ronia would need REM help for full potential.

PADX is saying maintenance on 3/9 from midnight to 6AM, but I am unable to get confirmation on other sites including the FB page. They should've known better not to try and squeeze the maintenance around the time of the (stupid) Daylight Savings changeover.
Pretty sure they're doing the maintenance because of DST.

*St. Patrick's Day Event*
[Duration]: 3/10 (Mon), midnight - 3/23 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)

The seasons are finally starting to change, and the Puzzle and Dragons world is alive with the greens of luck, life, and happiness! This event features quite the horde of treasure--from your favorite descended dungeons, to valuable daily bonuses!

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
3/10 - 3/23 - 1 Magic Stone
※Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② Lightless Devil's Nest & Dragon Guardian
These two dungeons split up the St. Patrick's Day event! If you're still in need of a Vampire or a Dragon Knight, be sure to run these--we're featuring special bonus drops throughout the event!

Lightless Devil's Nest and Dragon Guardian feature 2x egg drops from 3/15 and 3/23 from 12PM, respectively! Dragon Guardian will also feature a 24hr 2x egg drop on 3/17 to celebrate Saint Patrick himself!

■③ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
3/10 - Hera-Is Descended!
3/11 - Heroes Descended
3/12 - Tengu!!!
3/14 - Satan Descended!
3/15 - Takeminakata Descends!
3/17 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
3/18 - The Thief Descended!
3/19 - The Goddess Descended!
3/20 - Hera-Ur Descended!
3/21 - Hera Descended
3/22 - Extreme Dragon Rush
3/23 - Athena Descended!

■④ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
3/10 - 3/16 - Jewel/Metal King Dragons
3/17 - 3/23 - Rare Evo Materials

2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
2x Skill Up rate
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

■⑤ Bonus Surprises!
What's a Puzzle & Dragons event without a surprise?! Stay on the lookout for this one!

Godfest info is on the way!

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Tobe

14 stones are 3 pulls from eva rem. plus the 20 i already have, maybe just maybe i dont have to iap.

also i would put dtron last just because she cant deal with pre emptives and poison orbs. the spike teams also got the best delays, orochi and echinda. dtron team is just a lot of damage.

Jagernaut

14 stones are 3 pulls from eva rem. plus the 20 i already have, maybe just maybe i dont have to iap.

also i would put dtron last just because she cant deal with pre emptives and poison orbs. the spike teams also got the best delays, orochi and echinda. dtron team is just a lot of damage.

DTron is awesome but we need a monster with an active skill that does self damage so we can get back below 80% health after preemptive heals or continues. It's possible to end up in a no win situation where the boss hits so hard that continuing is useless.

Lucifer takes too long to charge. It would be nice to have a attacker type monster with a 10-15 turn cool down that does 20% self damage.

14 Day event. Nice. Funnily, I'm excited that I don't need to run many of those dungeons. The only ones I'll probably run are Tengu, Hera-Ur, and Hera. Unless GH is planning to add the weekly Trifruits and Twinlts dungeons, then those will probably end up showing up during the event. I'm guessing EVA collab with be a 2 week event, so I doubt that's the surprise.

1. Ultimate Sakuya
2. Sakuya
3. Dtron
4. Ultimate Horus
5. Ronia

Lol. Sakuya with 2 spots? I'd only consider her ultimate version to be fair. But that looks like a good list, with the order up for debate. Blonia doesn't seem to get much love, but I think that's because not as many have her, but she seems pretty awesome, too. Physical has an awesome pool of monsters like Blodin, King Bubblie, Orochi, etc..

Yeah. PAD was glitching due to DST last time. People were unable to enter dungeons unless they had at least 20 more stamina than the dungeon required IIRC.

Musan

A top 5 will always come with caveats, replete with theorticals and what ifs. Ulti Kirin will be able to do more damage, just have to lose some stalling. Personally, I would put Okuninushi on a list, due to type and color potential, but very few people lead with him. For ease of use, the sonias and dtron are up there for the damage output they supply. And I never really clicked with horus, but I think the active and awakenings were never that great.

yami4ct

Liking this event so far. Mostly interested in stones and Dark knight, but might run the dragon knight for some skill ups. Dark knight gets me one step closer to a complete mystic collection, now that I have Ice from Hera and Fire from this week's.

On the descend side, many I want to tackle but not sure I'll be ready for any of them. Would love to do Godess, Satan, or Thief, but those seem super out of reach right now. Will certainly give Heroes a go and maybe Hera-Is. Regular Hera is always going to be super tempting for skill-ups, but not sure I want to go down that road just yet. Very dangerous path.

SaintR

A top 5 will always come with caveats, replete with theorticals and what ifs. Ulti Kirin will be able to do more damage, just have to lose some stalling. Personally, I would put Okuninushi on a list, due to type and color potential, but very few people lead with him. For ease of use, the sonias and dtron are up there for the damage output they supply. And I never really clicked with horus, but I think the active and awakenings were never that great.
I think the reason for his awakenings is that he is easy to use once you get use to him so in GungHo's eyes i guess its balance; on the flip side though they did make sakuya even better so what do i know what they thinking.

However, Ultimate Horus time extend is ridiculously good when you have been using him for a while. I'm now using Ulti Bastet on my team for even more time cause I no longer think of a route beforehand I just go as I move. If I had Yomi though, it be god tier.

linsivvi

Liking this event so far. Mostly interested in stones and Dark knight, but might run the dragon knight for some skill ups. Dark knight gets me one step closer to a complete mystic collection, now that I have Ice from Hera and Fire from this week's.

On the descend side, many I want to tackle but not sure I'll be ready for any of them. Would love to do Godess, Satan, or Thief, but those seem super out of reach right now. Will certainly give Heroes a go and maybe Hera-Is. Regular Hera is always going to be super tempting for skill-ups, but not sure I want to go down that road just yet. Very dangerous path.

It's not dark knight though, it's vampire....

Rahk

I'm trying to set up autosync for PADherder looking at previous posts in this thread from a while back. When I right click anything and Follow TCP Stream in Wireshark it all just comes up as gibberish. This is the first time I've tried it and I'm not very technical, so I presume I am just doing something wrong and GungHo isn't encrypting their traffic now? JP version if that matters.

Uthred

Every time I take a break from PAD, and then inevitably come crawling back, I always think "Why didnt I at least login for the daily awards?" As its been a few months I dont want to think of all the free stones I missed ;)

Yeah. I've never used Horus much because there wasn't anything I couldn't clear with easier to use teams like Valk, Zeus, and Luci. And then Sakuya came along and I had no reason to ever start running Horus. But I do recognize Horus' popularity and ease of activation. And it's even stronger with a Light sub, additional 5x ATK, and move time extension. And like you said Horus' active and awakenings are useless as a lead monster. I only use Horus on my Goemon team.

As for Okun, I made a post way earlier asking why people were so in love with Bastet and there was no noise about Okun, who had a better element and active skill, and needed less combos for his 4x damage. Same thing then, simply hardly anyone had him or was using him. I think his lack of RCV also scares some people.

Someone mentioned Echidna. Everyone uses her and it's universally agreed everyone should have a max skilled Echidna. But she never makes any tier lists. Which is odd since her active is so powerful that she's used in teams that she has zero synergy with. Her active breaks a fundamental game mechanic of each side taking 1 turn per round. And she does it in a relatively short CD. 3 additional turns is essentially 3x ATK, 3x RCV, 3x skill boosts, 3x bind reduction, 3x enemy shield reduction, all in a single skill. Of course Orochi's 5 turn delay is even more powerful but takes 2.5x as long to charge.

I'm trying to set up autosync for PADherder looking at previous posts in this thread from a while back. When I right click anything and Follow TCP Stream in Wireshark it all just comes up as gibberish. This is the first time I've tried it and I'm not very technical, so I presume I am just doing something wrong and GungHo isn't encrypting their traffic now? JP version if that matters.

JP version is encrypted, yes. Recent change from what I hear.

I think the reason for his awakenings is that he is easy to use once you get use to him so in GungHo's eyes i guess its balance; on the flip side though they did make sakuya even better so what do i know what they thinking.

However, Ultimate Horus time extend is ridiculously good when you have been using him for a while. I'm now using Ulti Bastet on my team for even more time cause I no longer think of a route beforehand I just go as I move. If I had Yomi though, it be god tier.
Yeah, Yomi is insanely good. I have him/her on my Horus team, and I hardly ever run out of time.

As for Okun, I made a post way earlier asking why people were so in love with Bastet and there was no noise about Okun, who had a better element and active skill, and needed less combos for his 4x damage. Same thing then, simply hardly anyone had him or was using him. I think his lack of RCV also scares some people.
I don't have Okun, but Bastet is prettier, so there's that. Plus, she has a green row enhance.

[/quote]Someone mentioned Echidna. Everyone uses her and it's universally agreed everyone should have a max skilled Echidna. But she never makes any tier lists. Which is odd since her active is so powerful that she's used in teams that she has zero synergy with. Her active breaks a fundamental game mechanic of each side taking 1 turn per round. And she does it in a relatively short CD. 3 additional turns is essentially 3x ATK, 3x RCV, 3x skill boosts, 3x bind reduction, 3x enemy shield reduction, all in a single skill. Of course Orochi's 5 turn delay is even more powerful but takes 2.5x as long to charge.[/QUOTE]
You can't delay a shielded enemy.

You can't delay a shielded enemy.
Ah. You're right. I knew you couldn't Menace an enemy that puts up a menace/defense break/poison/etc. shield, but I was thinking about anything else that has a temporary timer in general. Like 3x ATK power-up effects and the like. But now you have me second guessing if that works or if the effect timer simply freezes until Menace wears off. I can't remember.

coy

Ugh, did this happen last time change? Any excuse to poopoo on DST is fine by me.

Yeah. PAD was glitching due to DST last time. People were unable to enter dungeons unless they had at least 20 more stamina than the dungeon required IIRC.

Guess that answers that. I usually remember funky bugs (former QA) but have no recollection of this.

Is it possible Hercules and/or Hera Beorc would be the surprises? Would go along with the green theme of the event.

linsivvi

Ugh, did this happen last time change? Any excuse to poopoo on DST is fine by me.

Guess that answers that. I usually remember funky bugs (former QA) but have no recollection of this.

Is it possible Hercules and/or Hera Beorc would be the surprises? Would go along with the green theme of the event.

Hera Beorc has light absorb, so I don't think it will come until the update.

Hsieh

Someone mentioned Echidna. Everyone uses her and it's universally agreed everyone should have a max skilled Echidna. But she never makes any tier lists. Which is odd since her active is so powerful that she's used in teams that she has zero synergy with. Her active breaks a fundamental game mechanic of each side taking 1 turn per round. And she does it in a relatively short CD. 3 additional turns is essentially 3x ATK, 3x RCV, 3x skill boosts, 3x bind reduction, 3x enemy shield reduction, all in a single skill. Of course Orochi's 5 turn delay is even more powerful but takes 2.5x as long to charge.

Most Puzzle and Dragons tier lists just rank the effectiveness of monsters as leaders and don't take into account how good they are as subs. Echidna is a fantastic sub, but a poor leader.

Yaari

So whats the new thing to farm KoG with, difficult to find Goemons these days. Just died with 2 plus eggs already found, hate it.

Kreed

Most tier lists I see are for Godfest pulls and focus heavily on leaders who can clear content. Which makes sense because most people use tier lists as a way to figure out what they should be trying to get/hunt for and build teams around, particularly new players. You wouldn't see farmable monsters on such a list since everyone has access to these.

It would be interesting to see a tier list that included every monster in the game and took into account usefulness as both a leader and a sub. I would think Echidna, Hera, Siren, Drawn Joker, and the Heart Breakers would easily dominate this list though since just about every team uses them.

Jinko

Cool event stuff, guess its skill up time next week.

What would be a good number of Mystic Flame Knight's to farm btw ?

J0dy77

Do most people learn to move diagonally, or is this basically something limited to top players? I've tried it here and there, but I can't do it consistently and just end up ruining my combos. Is it something I should keep practicing?

I've been getting pretty consistent at it. I don't use it during descended runs or plan for it. If I get myself in a bad situation towards the end of a match I'll go for it. The more you practice the better you get.

*St. Patrick's Day Event*
[Duration]: 3/10 (Mon), midnight - 3/23 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)]

This event should finally see Hercules. Let's cross our fingers.

Top Bottom