• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Back in Japan, they missed the flight.

sochi-bear-crying.gif

Jagernaut

Cool event stuff, guess its skill up time next week.

What would be a good number of Mystic Flame Knight's to farm btw ?

It took me 20 to max skill mine, get as many as you can.

Edit. On the other hand it only took 7 to max skill my ADK. It's very random.

Yaari

Do you have Ronia?

Nope, no Ronia for me yet. Hoping to get lucky but that's going to take a fair bit of luck, lol.

I do have Haku as mentioned. Though I don't have much Haku friends. I actually like Goemon alot because its so easy. With my 2 RGG's its nearly impossible to mess up.

I hope I can get Goemon a few more skills during this event. I've had him for 6 months now and it is about time he gets maxed. Surely I can find enough Goemon friends then.

coy

Do most people learn to move diagonally, or is this basically something limited to top players? I've tried it here and there, but I can't do it consistently and just end up ruining my combos. Is it something I should keep practicing?

I'm far from a top player, but I use diagonals frequently. I'll practice during farming runs as the leeway for mistakes is much larger. During descends, I will use them more sparingly as the pressure is intensified and losing 50 stamina does not a fun time make.

I've read people praise the use of a stylus in order to increase their effectiveness at diagonal movements. If that sounds feasible, maybe you can look into that. In any event, I say to practice, but if you're not confident in it, there are other orb manipulation techniques that may be able to accomplish the same task.

Tobe

FINALLY I BEAT KING OF GODS :) EZ.

im pretty sure that when eva collab arrives with shinji this will be a walk in the park.

I can do diagonals but I only do them when necessary. If I had to guess, my success rate is probably around 80% which is way too low for me to use regularly. But I play with my finger on an iPhone. Larger screens should be easier, with tablets being the easiest. And as already said, some players get ever higher success with a stylus.

Yeah. Ronia is the new hotness for farming KoG and Zeus descends. Super easy, and isn't vulnerable to Heart cascades. I used Luci on my Goemon team as an emergency button against Heart cascades, but that means I have to charge for 35 turns instead of 17 if I want to be safe. Made KoG runs easy but tedious. I was looking forward to Hercules to replace Luci and make KoG runs faster, but Ronia makes him unneeded now.

In fact does anyone know if Hercules is used at all in Japan? He seems like a rather lackluster monster. But I thought the same thing about the Sonias at first and was completely wrong about that.

It's insane to use diagonal moves on a phone imo, I'm at maybe 90% and use it fairly often but I'm on a Nexus 7. Got a 5 inch screen on my phone but I've completely stopped playing on that one since it's just too small after using something bigger.

I'm 4/4 on KoG today using Haku, haven't been running it for some time but as long as I've got Enchilada up for Zeus it's a kill, so I've stopped being so cautious of using other skills on floor 8 and 9.

Could always use more goemon too. Without a Ronia and haven't put much playtime into my haku team. What's a typical KoG haku team look like?

Yaari I'll refresh my goemon.

Ducarmel

What's a typical KoG haku team look like?

Haku / Delay / Gravity / Gravity / Dark Enhance / Haku

OR

Haku / Delay / Orb Changer / Orb Changer / Dark Enhance / Haku

For orb changers I usually use Vamp, Drawn Joker or CDK, the only Dark Enhance I know of is Loki and his skill up mob.

Jhriad

Which of the upcoming Decends are the easiest? I don't think I'm anywhere near ready to try them but I figure I'll stumble into one, die real fast, and learn my lesson.

Yeah, I'm running Haku / Vamp / Yomi / Batman / Enchilada / Haku

Batman / Loki / ECO Dumpty are dark enhance monsters, I don't have Loki and Bats got better stats than Dumpty + he's really cool, so that's what I'm using. 3 turns of increased damage might be more useful though.

Yomi is a luxury but I love the extended movement time and high damage. If I didn't run her(him?) I'd use Hera or Hades since dark enhance is only for the main element.
Didn't know about that when I decided to skillup Hera-Is first.

Ducarmel

Which of the upcoming Decends are the easiest? I don't think I'm anywhere near ready to try them but I figure I'll stumble into one and die real fast and learn my lesson.

Hero Descended, you just need a decently leveled mono team. As long as you meet the hp threshold and heal back in time before the next attack and hope to not get unlucky with synched vampires.

Tengu is really easy if you have the right subs.

Both upcoming Hera descends are also easy with the right resist/Grodin team, or Amaterasu/Grodin team.

Edit: I think I might try Yomi on my Haku team I have a maxed twinlit busty one.

Uthred

Hero Descended, you just need a decently leveled mono team. As long as you meet the hp threshold and heal back in time before the next attack and hope to not get unlucky with synched vampires.

Tengu is really easy if you have the right subs.

Both upcoming Hera descends are also easy with the right resist/Grodin team, or Amaterasu/Grodin team.

Edit: I think I might try Yomi on my Haku team I have a maxed twinlit busty one.

I'd say the basic Hera descended is the easiest, its pretty open to a variety of farmable "poverty" teams

saichi

As for Okun, I made a post way earlier asking why people were so in love with Bastet and there was no noise about Okun, who had a better element and active skill, and needed less combos for his 4x damage. Same thing then, simply hardly anyone had him or was using him. I think his lack of RCV also scares some people.

Bastet's leader skill starts with 4 which is easier to achieve. When I run Kouni leader, I usually choose Bastet as friend instead of another Okuni since I have no confidence to hit 6 combo frequent enough. I'm the sucker who is stuck with Okuni, LTron and Ame and I'm gonna make them work!

Kreed

Which of the upcoming Decends are the easiest? I don't think I'm anywhere near ready to try them but I figure I'll stumble into one, die real fast, and learn my lesson.

Ranked from easiest to hardest based on the dungeon's difficulty and the difficulty of putting a team together to handle the dungeon.

3/21 - Hera Descended
3/11 - Heroes Descended
3/12 - Tengu!!!
3/10 - Hera-Is Descended!
3/18 - The Thief Descended!
3/15 - Takeminakata Descends!
3/14 - Satan Descended!
3/23 - Athena Descended!
3/20 - Hera-Ur Descended!
3/19 - The Goddess Descended!
3/17 - Zeus-Dios Descended!

Note that this is based off of their hardest difficulties and not lower/legend mode difficulties. Obviously do the lowest difficulties first if you don't feel confident in a dungeon.

Uthred

Ranked from easiest to hardest based on the dungeon's difficulty and the difficulty of putting a team together to handle the dungeon.

3/21 - Hera Descended
3/11 - Heroes Descended
3/12 - Tengu!!!
3/14 - Satan Descended!
3/23 - Athena Descended!

Note that this is based off of their hardest difficulties and not lower/legend mode difficulties. Obviously do the lowest difficulties first if you don't feel confident in a dungeon.

I wish Goddess Descended wasnt such a pain in the arse, still dont have a Valk

J0dy77

Need an opinion on light experience. Where should I go next?

VfysyYXl.jpg

Debating if I do Izanami for Horus or try and do Divinegon team for twinlits. Or maybe just go for Ra but I never use him.

razterik

Need an opinion on light experience. Where should I go next?

Debating if I do Izanami for Horus or try and do Divinegon team for twinlits. Or maybe just go for Ra but I never use him.

Divinegon team (or most any Twinlit rush team) requires minimum 5 skill boosts, two 5 turn orb changers and enough sub attributes for 10 attacks of the primary color. You have Valk and Verche. Venus is a natural choice for light/light and skill boost. You really need two more skill boost and one more light attack. Have a fully awoken Green Odin?

looks like they messed up on dst

Happens every time. Don't know why they haven't fixed it yet.

J0dy77

Divinegon team (or most any Twinlit rush team) requires minimum 5 skill boosts, two 5 turn orb changers and enough sub attributes for 10 attacks of the primary color. You have Valk and Verche. Venus is a natural choice for light/light and skill boost. You really need two more skill boost and one more light attack. Have a fully awoken Green Odin?

Thor and Raphael both get new skill awakenings in an upcoming patch. I would need one more and could swap verche for Venus for that final awakening. But I'd be lacking orb changers for round 2.

I wish there was some way to stack a Thor light team. I could essentially make a similar Ronia team but there isn't a king Baddie equivalent which makes the burst harder.

3/21 - Hera Descended
3/11 - Heroes Descended
3/12 - Tengu!!!
3/14 - Satan Descended!
3/23 - Athena Descended!

Hera -Is easier than Hear-Ur?

What team do you use for hera-Is? I can seem to be able to 0-stone legend like I can Hear-Ur.

Tobe

got a purple chaser fuck yeah! also i got the hang of KOG with my dtron team. just need really high + on friend dtron. its no walk in the park but is doable.

Yaari

Im getting the worst Plus egg results. Lets stop for a bit I once heard to take a break if you get none after 3 runs.

J0dy77

What team do you use for hera-Is? I can seem to be able to 0-stone legend like I can Hear-Ur.

Depends on the team you use but IS is usually harder than Ur. I haven't cleared UR mythical yet, that preemptive shield and her hitting like a truck makes it extremely hard.

Im getting the worst Plus egg results. Lets stop for a bit I once heard to take a break if you get none after 3 runs.

+ eggs have been really bad in OOH since the last patch. I can't seem to get any kind of consistent drops.

Kreed

It's not just dungeon difficulty, but how easily a beginning player can put together a team to beat the dungeons that I'm taking into account (farmable vs REM only monsters especially). If you have a fully awoken Red Sonia for example, you can walk through Hera-Ur Mythical with way less issues than using the same team on Hera-Is.

One of the earliest teams used for Hera-Is Legend was Odin and Water/Dark defense lead (Drawn Joker or Neptune). The most common subs were Max skill Siren, Hera, Rainbow Keeper, and Echidna. You can also use a balanced team with Ultimate Highlander as the lead and a King Woodsie (Dragon Knight is an important sub since he makes green orbs, if you have other green balanced subs that change orbs like Toy Tops or Artemis, bring them, otherwise sub in Echidna and Dark Dragon Knight). But all of these teams were made before we got awoken skills, Neptune got a buff, and switch monsters like Tengu and Nebradisk were added to the mix, so there's even more team options now.

quin

In fact does anyone know if Hercules is used at all in Japan? He seems like a rather lackluster monster. But I thought the same thing about the Sonias at first and was completely wrong about that.
Purely anecdotal, but I've never seen hercules on my friends list. I think he makes a great sub if you have athena and the new drake from puzzle dragons Z. Other than that, i dont know much about him. I skipped that descended

Depends on the team you use but IS is usually harder than Ur. I haven't cleared UR mythical yet, that preemptive shield and her hitting like a truck makes it extremely hard.

+ eggs have been really bad in OOH since the last patch. I can't seem to get any kind of consistent drops.

Your not kidding about that.The +eggs hunt has been postponed.

ccbfan

Your not kidding about that.The +eggs hunt has been postponed.

Like everything in this games its feast or famine for me.

I either get one +1 eggs drops a day for 5+ a day. No in betweens.

Recently I haven't gotten a Mystic mask for months. Last two days? Got 5.

ZeroAKA

I didn't really care much about Kirin since I had Horus/Luci that I've used to clear a good number of descends, but that ultimate Kirin is tempting me for the first time ever. I might have to try my luck during the next Chinese Godfest.

Just an fyi,I recieved this on my reddit account.

Don't fall for it

( from aaronphilips sent 17 minutes ago
What this includes -stat modifier (multiply monsters stats by any amount, could change to stats with max plus eggs, or increase by a large amount to easily clear descents to save tons of time and money) -skill level maxer (changes all skills to their max cooldown, but can still be skilled up normally, can also be changed to 1 turn cooldown)
options Normal - applied stat modifier with your choice, custom stats for up to 5 monsters of your choice, and 5 skill cooldowns of your choice decreased to 1 turn -updated within 2 days of any patch -cost of $50 app store card for US app store, or $60 paypal USD
VIP --applied stat modifier with your choice, custom stats for up to 25 monsters of your choice, and 25 skill cooldowns of your choice decreased to 1 turn -updated within 1 day of any patch -cost of $100 app store card for US app store, or $110 paypal USD
Interested? Contact me at aaronphilips1234asdf@gmail.com
permalinkreportblock userreply)

razterik

Blue Chaser report:

35 runs
7 Chasers
9 Pirates

Worse luck and slower progress this time around. Still running Blue Sonia team. Tried Bastet and Chu Chu, but died a few times so I gave up on them. Would run Green Sonia, but my dragons are badly under-leveled. Seems like Red Chaser hunt broke most people since there are not many decent leaders today. So many Horus.

Amon37

Just an fyi,I recieved this on my reddit account.

Don't fall for it

( from aaronphilips sent 17 minutes ago
What this includes -stat modifier (multiply monsters stats by any amount, could change to stats with max plus eggs, or increase by a large amount to easily clear descents to save tons of time and money) -skill level maxer (changes all skills to their max cooldown, but can still be skilled up normally, can also be changed to 1 turn cooldown)
options Normal - applied stat modifier with your choice, custom stats for up to 5 monsters of your choice, and 5 skill cooldowns of your choice decreased to 1 turn -updated within 2 days of any patch -cost of $50 app store card for US app store, or $60 paypal USD
VIP --applied stat modifier with your choice, custom stats for up to 25 monsters of your choice, and 25 skill cooldowns of your choice decreased to 1 turn -updated within 1 day of any patch -cost of $100 app store card for US app store, or $110 paypal USD
Interested? Contact me at aaronphilips1234asdf@gmail.com
permalinkreportblock userreply)

110 dollars for a cheat you can find free on the internet, or create yourself lol

Blue chaser appeared on floor four of legend pirate dragon.

So I burned my skills thinking I can stall for 35 turns twice against awilde.
Wrong. 30 turns and burned 2x grav and 1 Luci. 20 turns into the second stall gets her to 30%. I'm not spending 15 stones on a blue chaser.

Chaser trolled again...

I really despise these pirate dragon dungeons and the chasers. REALLY despise them!

So Hercules is supposed to show up sometime this event how come there are two "empty" days? Only 1 of those would be Herc...

Kreed

Does US have Angelit in Pal Egg Machine? I was reading JP has that, just wondering.

There will probably be an announcement when it happens (and only after we get the PAD update we were supposed to get Thursday). When Japan first got the monsters there was an announcement that they were added to the machine. Also, Angelits/Trifruits/Gold Keeper are only in the pal machine during events where it mentions you can pull Evolution items vs Metal Dragons/regular pal machine pulls.

yami4ct

Have gone through around 300 stam this weekend running just Diva in a Sea of Clouds, and yet no Mermaid drop. The drop rates on these guys are stuuuuupid. Have one last bar and maybe one more through level ups to go, so maybe I'll finally get one. Sometimes I really, really hate this game. At least I've gotten a ton of +eggs from this.

Althane

Baller, got myself a level 2 Blue Pirate Dragon.

Maybe I'll start making a water team.

I tend to like the "x multiplier when over % HP" leads, at least.

Tobe

Have gone through around 300 stam this weekend running just Diva in a Sea of Clouds, and yet no Mermaid drop. The drop rates on these guys are stuuuuupid. Have one last bar and maybe one more through level ups to go, so maybe I'll finally get one. Sometimes I really, really hate this game. At least I've gotten a ton of +eggs from this.

wait dont have one or you are farming skill ups?

i had one for the longest time and thought it could only be skilled up by mermaid, boy was i wrong.

yami4ct

wait dont have one or you are farming skill ups?

i had one for the longest time and thought it could only be skilled up by mermaid, boy was i wrong.

Nope. I have an echidna, mandrake and Lilith, but no mermaid. She's one of the few non-descend, farmable, general purpose mobs I don't have.

I do have like ~20 Marine Goblins for skill ups when I do get her, though. So skill-ups won't be a problem.

Top Bottom