• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Where did you get the leeks, or did you just have that many stored up from that one event?

way WAY to many leeks stored from last event. 10 remaining does not even count the one I am saving for Super Gunma...

It's also funny to hear that about Angelion. Back in the day, it was the rubbish pull, and people were dumping them. Failio, we called it.

Angelion's Ultimate evolution is one of THE textbook example on how Gungho can make a useless monster into a great one (see Ultimate Yomi for further reading)

Tobe

Yomi is supposed to get 1 more awakening right? Or is it only the Chinese gods?

Still yomi is godlike 1 more second is a lot.

Discovered that DraPo hands out one free stamina refresh per day which is a great feature. It guarantees that you'll have max stamina for whatever time-limited event is going on for the day so you don't have to worry about carefully rationing out dungeon runs.

I was just looking at my monster box earlier, checking out various things I can try to do to free up some space. I noticed that I have a King Bubblie at level 1, unawoken and not skilled up. I decided, given that we had sapphire dragons today, I'd set up at least getting him fully awoken. I have a couple Big Bubblies I would just have to level up and boom, fully awoken king. After running super sapphires, I had 5 kings and 3 supers. I figured, use the kings to level up my Hera-Is some and save the supers for evolving the Big Bubblies. So, I get Hera-Is from 57 to 60 or so, then look at the database a little closer - I needed Kings, not Supers, to do the evolution. Doh!!! Oh well, I'll still get it done but it will be in a week or so.

yami4ct

Discovered that DraPo hands out one free stamina refresh per day which is a great feature. It guarantees that you'll have max stamina for whatever time-limited event is going on for the day so you don't have to worry about carefully rationing out dungeon runs.

God I wish PAD had that. I'd also want some sort of unlock able metal/super dungeon like Brave Frontier has. Those features both really help cut down on the annoying bits of a PAD style of game.

linsivvi

Finally got my padherder account sorted out, so presenting my rather random collection of gods and angels:

Currently running a Horus team with Verche / Vampire / Siren / Chu-chulain, and working towards a healer girl team (unfortunately led by a blue rather than gold valk) but any advice really welcome.

http://www.padherder.com/user/Maledict/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0;boxfav,0

Forget about Blue Valk, use your Horus while concentrating on leveling up your Kirin and Sonia.

That's 3 of the top leads in the game. Nothing else matters.

linsivvi

What's sad is that run wouldn't have been possible if he didn't have enough blue orbs to make a row and an additional blue combo on the first turn.

Yeah it said right there in the video that without at least 5 blue orbs it's a guaranteed loss...

linsivvi

You could probably do the same thing with Red Odin, Red Sonia, and King Flamie.

Won't have enough skill ups to activate Sonia. Even in this incidence, Blue Sonia was active only because Tamadra started at 2 counters. That's why the video said he only has a win rate of 40%. That's not quite good enough.

Kreed

You could probably do the same thing with Red Odin, Red Sonia, and King Flamie.

Red Sonia is a devil/dragon type so King Flamie would be a mismatch. And unfortunately Red Odin doesn't match Red Sonia in types. Green Odin and Green Sonia share Balanced types, but neither offer enhancements for balanced types, so Blue Sonia and Blue Odin are unique in this regard.

saichi

I was thinking about IAP for PAD and TOS today.

PAD is more stingy about free stones comparing to TOS. So I spent money when there is a Godfest with mobs I want in order to have at least 5 draws. Even though the devilit/angelit and dragon fruits are super hard, at least they are available frequently (and possible become weekly event) so you always have a chance to get the rare evo material.

On other hand, I don't think there was a day without free stones since I started playing. I can always draw 5-6 times for special event and still have keep my balance over 30 stones. HOWEVER, recently Madhead (company that makes TOS) started this trend to give you a couple super rare evo material for power release (like busty in PAD) when you make a purchase for 6 stones. The evo material is not available in dungeon until a few weeks after the promotion is over and you can only get 1 since it's a one time dungeon. (purchase bonus gives you two) Hence, it's basically forcing everyone to pay for the evo material in order to busty the card.

(on a side note, currently the promotion is to buy 1 stone and you get one card to guarantee skill up one level and two free stamina refill. This is such a good deal to pass up)

0/9 trying to skill up phoenix knight homura. :(

1 for 3... I was lucky and only one level to go!

I was thinking about IAP for PAD and TOS today.

PAD is more stingy about free stones comparing to TOS. So I spent money when there is a Godfest with mobs I want in order to have at least 5 draws. Even though the devilit/angelit and dragon fruits are super hard, at least they are available frequently (and possible become weekly event) so you always have a chance to get the rare evo material.

On other hand, I don't think there was a day without free stones since I started playing. I can always draw 5-6 times for special event and still have keep my balance over 30 stones. HOWEVER, recently Madhead (company that makes TOS) started this trend to give you a couple super rare evo material for power release (like busty in PAD) when you make a purchase for 6 stones. The evo material is not available in dungeon until a few weeks after the promotion is over and you can only get 1 since it's a one time dungeon. (purchase bonus gives you two) Hence, it's basically forcing everyone to pay for the evo material in order to busty the card.

(on a side note, currently the promotion is to buy 1 stone and you get one card to guarantee skill up one level and two free stamina refill. This is such a good deal to pass up)

1 for 3... I was lucky and only one level to go!

Yeah DraPo has something similar except non-IAP players can take advantage for it too; during some events each pull on the REM also gifts you a free pre-evolved dskillup fairy.

It's funny cause when PAD first released everybody was praising GungHo for being really progressive and friendly towards non-IAP players but in recent days other games (but not all) have done a much better job at it.

BiabdLzCUAEnOVv.jpg:large

busty hatsume

quin

Red Sonia is a devil/dragon type so King Flamie would be a mismatch. And unfortunately Red Odin doesn't match Red Sonia in types. Green Odin and Green Sonia share Balanced types, but neither offer enhancements for balanced types, so Blue Sonia and Blue Odin are unique in this regard.

I'm playing around with a blue sonia/odin team.

Blue Sonia
Hermes
Blue Odin
Orochi
King Bubblie
Blue Odin

This team gives you:
12 skill boosts
9 Enhanced water attacks

Change out orochi for blueberry dragon and it becomes 13 and 10! You could also switch sonia and hermes for the 2x hp boost. Everyone is physical except for the dragon as well

Paltros

I'm feeling so giddy, I just got Berserk and did my first zero stone descent with this team:

D/D Batman, KoR, Hera, Dub Mythlit, Echidna, SoD Lucifer

There were so many close calls (my HP was brought down to double digits twice!), and I once got saved by a lucky skyfall that got me from 7000 HP to full (36k) when I was staring down two 1 cd Vampires. I had never used Echidna before but after this descend I now see why she randomly pops up even in teams she doesn't work well with, that 3 turn delay was like a breath of fresh air when I was feeling the dread coming up and those damn heal orbs weren't dropping. I also feel like I now have a better handle of combos, or at least I don't feel clearing up the board and refreshing is as hard as before. Guess it took do or die for me to finally figure out how to puzzle correctly.

J0dy77

Also busty Kraken
BibTTcpCYAAhJ2J.jpg:large

That's the best artwork we've seen in a while. That's awesome.

Can anyone explain why we didn't get a new Pirate Dragon this week? This is the stuff that bugs me the most, when they hold back content to delay progress. Unless I missed a good reason and I'll shut up.

Kreed

They should buff Minerva, because I forgot I've had one for the longest time.

They already buffed Minerva. Her leader skill was boosted to 55%, and her Active now does armor break.

Of course I am expecting a Twinlit/Trifruit/Gold Keeper ultimate for her and the rest of her series soon.

I'm feeling so giddy, I just got Berserk and did my first zero stone descent with this team:

D/D Batman, KoR, Hera, Dub Mythlit, Echidna, SoD Lucifer

There were so many close calls (my HP was brought down to double digits twice!), and I once got saved by a lucky skyfall that got me from 7000 HP to full (36k) when I was staring down two 1 cd Vampires. I had never used Echidna before but after this descend I now see why she randomly pops up even in teams she doesn't work well with, that 3 turn delay was like a breath of fresh air when I was feeling the dread coming up and those damn heal orbs weren't dropping. I also feel like I now have a better handle of combos, or at least I don't feel clearing up the board and refreshing is as hard as before. Guess it took do or die for me to finally figure out how to puzzle correctly.
Ah ... the honeymoon period. Those were the days. Congrats! You're getting sucked further into the PAD vortex. In no time you'll be cursing skill-up and drop rates!

They should buff Minerva, because I forgot I've had one for the longest time.
Dark Minerva is awesome now! We need Gunma collab back so we can skill her up.

I don't know if it's worse to have stamina sync issues due to DST or be stuck in eternal hotfix time loops, cause that problem JP PAD had when 6.4 first came out is back. Thought the emergency maint last night was supposed to fix it but I guess not.

Jinko

Heroes Descended costs too much stamina, how the F am I supposed to skill these things up >.>

Edit:- Oh porings, and when will we see them again ?

Tobe

Heroes Descended costs too much stamina, how the F am I supposed to skill these things up >.>

Edit:- Oh porings, and when will we see them again ?

poring tower was such an amazing dungeon. skill ups galore. i wish cave of riches would come, i want to skill up anubis. and bastet

J0dy77

I don't know if it's worse to have stamina sync issues due to DST or be stuck in eternal hotfix time loops, cause that problem JP PAD had when 6.4 first came out is back. Thought the emergency maint last night was supposed to fix it but I guess not.

Set your clock to Tokyo time, same trick that worked last time.

muu

That's the best artwork we've seen in a while. That's awesome.

Can anyone explain why we didn't get a new Pirate Dragon this week? This is the stuff that bugs me the most, when they hold back content to delay progress. Unless I missed a good reason and I'll shut up.

Gungtroll's giving those of us that tried to skillup Umiyama some mourning time before making us spend more stones at Green pirate dragon. Can't keep us going for weeks at a time or we might start experiencing burnout.

poring tower was such an amazing dungeon. skill ups galore. i wish cave of riches would come, i want to skill up anubis. and bastet

I wish Gungho would release another collab like poring that was just filled with different skill ups that DONT require evolution AND bring it to america relatively quickly.

A man can dream...

Wow.

2 TAM's in 4 Emerald runs....I don't think that's ever happened before. Left me with 5 TAMs total. Decided to burn 3 on Echidna, which basically boosts 30 RCV and 50 ATK to every team.

I think I'll save my last two for when the REM gods get an extra.

Rekwest

I want to try Two Heroes for the first time,this is a good team?

1.Dark Liegue Vampire Duke.
2.Awoken Hera.
3.KoR.
4.KoR.
5.Siren.
6.Seraph of Dawn Lucifer.

Is that an iPhone only bug? I've never had a problem with my Android.
That specific bug is, but some Android devices (?) have always had to switch to JP timezone to play on PAD.

2.Awoken Hera.
3.KoR.
4.KoR.
5.Siren.
Should be good. Might want to replace an R.Keeper with Echidna but that's just personal preference. If you have a max skilled Drawn Joker that will absolutely be a better pick than Siren.

Jonsoncao

Banned

2.Awoken Hera.
3.KoR.
4.KoR.
5.Siren.

You might have some trouble in the boss floor, try bringing a defense breaker with you.
Wait till both hit you, defense break chuchu, combo as many as possible, then morning star to bring down chuchu. With only sig left, 3 turn 15k dmg is pretty easily recoverable for a 4x RCV team.

EDIT: nvm, I see you have a Hera there.

Top Bottom