• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Hige

SomethingAwful been working on their new player guide as another resource for new players. The reroll section also spends a paragraph or two going over each monster, which is good.
http://guide.padherder.com/New_Player_Guide
http://guide.padherder.com/Reroll_tier_list
Thanks for the links. I've definitely asked myself a few of those questions, like "What am I even supposed to be doing?" and "I'm still broke" lol. Hmm, I'll look into getting some dub-lits next Friday. I think I'm almost at Castle of Satan and I failed a dungeon recently due to stupidity (not watching HP), so I need to start working towards getting some better subs and actual strategizing.

Uthred

SomethingAwful been working on their new player guide as another resource for new players. The reroll section also spends a paragraph or two going over each monster, which is good.
http://guide.padherder.com/New_Player_Guide
http://guide.padherder.com/Reroll_tier_list

Have to say I think theyve over-rated Isis, from my experience she starts to stall out in the end game and unless youve got another good leader to build an endgame team around it can be frustrating (or expensive if youre into IAP) to try running descends and end-game dungeons with her.

muu

Got some treats for my umiyama:
HFq5w06.jpg

And my box is now flooded with girls.
ZMc58Nt.jpg

yami4ct

Welp, 2 more stamina bars (1 through levels) and still no mermaid. Guess that's it for this weekend of OOH. Guess I'll have to give Oceanus Falls a go when it goes 2x. Siren hunting is PAD at its worst.

I forgot to say, finally hit rank 100 this weekend! Yay. Was really fun to see that one turn over.

Totakeke

Welp, 2 more stamina bars (1 through levels) and still no mermaid. Guess that's it for this weekend of OOH. Guess I'll have to give Oceanus Falls a go when it goes 2x. Siren hunting is PAD at its worst.

I forgot to say, finally hit rank 100 this weekend! Yay. Was really fun to see that one turn over.

You really shouldn't hope to get one from the normal dungeons. Just use your marine goblins away, they're super easy to get back.

razterik

Blue Chaser final report:

51 runs
10 chasers
14 pirates

More interested in pirates for the twins than working on Seiryuu. I think 3x rate got shut off early, though. Long stretch with no chasers at the end.

quin

If you need to skill up the twins and kushinada, I'd wait for the green pirate dungeon. It has both of the pirates needed for the skill ups.

razterik

Don't have Kushi yet, sadly. And well, I started hunting chasers, so I'm going to do them all? Not expecting any Chinese god to get max skilled, but I'm having fun trying even if it's pretty painful. Heh.

Colby

Man, I was doing Legend Blue Pirate, got the Aqua Chaser, and was cruising on the boss until it poisoned me. I figured hey, Puzzle Dragon X says it only poisons every four turns, I'm okay. But two turns later, here comes the poison I wasn't ready for. Dead. I wasted a stone on the Chaser before that, so I was out a Chaser and the clear stone. Put me in a bad puzzle mood.

Billen

Banned
I tried rerolling until I reached some decent character. I never did, however, and having spent a couple of evenings doing it off and on I finally got fed up.

linsivvi

No new pirate dungeon huh? I guess Eva collab must be coming in the next few days.

Not a big fan of that tier list at all.

Isis Number 1 overall?

Haku and Kush way too low.

Greek 2 and Norse not reroll tier?

Yeah terrible list. Kirin and U&Y also shouldn't be in savant tier. They aren't that difficult to pull off.

Our tier list is much better.

Did anyone else not get the third 1000 pal points message from Gungho? I logged in two or three times yesterday, and definately restarted my app after 2pm PST but nothing.

Not a big deal, but just wondering.

Isis Number 1 overall?

I have tried arguing against Greek 2 and Norse on multiple occasions but their rhetoric is that their list is geared towards beginners without regards for endgame. Which is why Kirin and Umiyama are lumped together with Ra and Ooku despite being significantly easier to activate.

Also I though we were only supposed to get two mail this weekend, not three.

Yaari

Hopefully we'll get a guaranteed plus egg Dogfest again sometime. I guess that could be the only way I'll ever IAP again.

J0dy77

Isis Number 1 overall?

I think they're trying to say that Isis is a great for new players, not necessarily the best overall. I personally think Isis is very underrated, should get a lot more love especially with how easy she pairs with every other burst lead in the game.

The rest of the list is a mess though.

Never thought I'd see the day when I'd call a five-stone dungeon straightforward, but here I am sitting with a busty Sakuya. Only spent two stones on Gold Keeper himself, one of which was avoidable. Two more stones were spent cause the light and dark keepers had a way stronger pre-emptive than I anticipated (something around 16k), and I spent another stone somewhere in there due to being bad at orb matching.

Althane

Siren Hunting or Echidna Skill Maxing?

Both of those are pretty obnoxious stamina and time sinks.

Kreed

Never thought I'd see the day when I'd call a five-stone dungeon straightforward, but here I am sitting with a busty Sakuya. Only spent two stones on Gold Keeper himself, one of which was avoidable. Two more stones were spent cause the light and dark keepers had a way stronger pre-emptive than I anticipated (something around 16k), and I spent another stone somewhere in there due to being bad at orb matching.

Good thing Rainbow Keeper didn't invade your run.

What team were you using? Not sure when that dungeon is coming to US but when it does I need to be able to get one so I can busty my Sakuya.

Good thing Rainbow Keeper didn't invade your run.
He did, in a first (failed) attempt. Smoked him with Kirin/DD Ra in one shot.

Team was Sakuya/Echidna/Verche/Bastet/Isis//Sakuya. Bastet was in there for the extend time awakening and Isis cause apparently she has the highest RCV out of all my blue mons. It's extremely unoptimized and has lots of room for improvement. Heartbreakers are a bad idea in this dungeon due to the need to constantly heal.

Echidna basically gives you 9 turns to wear down his HP before he starts punching you to death. Definitely doable in 0 stones with a strong team.

Finally Max skilled my first Susano, only took 50 or so Leeks.

still have 10 more to go, and two more Susano. Way more frustrating to max skill him than any other monster so far, Of course I have not completed max skilling any ultra gravity monster yet... So now I might actually evo him and busty evo him. Not that I have a team that uses a defensive green monster but Hey I'll be ready

(mostly run Haku, Luci, Valk, and Izanagi for Challenge dungeons)

Seriously, Izanagi is awesome for challenge dungeons. His usefulness is entirely his spike 7x damage for gods, but with the options you get make that spike insane...

Althane

Finally Max skilled my first Susano, only took 50 or so Leeks.

still have 10 more to go, and two more Susano. Way more frustrating to max skill him than any other monster so far, Of course I have not completed max skilling any ultra gravity monster yet... So now I might actually evo him and busty evo him. Not that I have a team that uses a defensive green monster but Hey I'll be ready

(mostly run Haku, Luci, Valk, and Izanagi for Challenge dungeons)

Seriously, Izanagi is awesome for challenge dungeons. His usefulness is entirely his spike 7x damage for gods, but with the options you get make that spike insane...

Where did you get the leeks, or did you just have that many stored up from that one event?

yami4ct

Siren Hunting or Echidna Skill Maxing?

Both of those are pretty obnoxious stamina and time sinks.

Echidna Skillup has the disadvantage of being a limited time dungeon, but you at least get to see one drop pretty often. It gives you a sense of progress. You do have the horrible feeling when all that goes to waste later and you fuse, though.

Siren hunting is just run after run of nothing. There's absolutely zero sense of progress at all. On the other hand, at least you have reliable +Drop rate opportunities for her and you have the advantages of getting +eggs as you farm and a good amount of XP.

Both suck, but I have to say Siren hunting feels more hopeless. Hera skill-ups is probably PAD at it's absolute worst, though. Long, high stam cost dungeon, low skill-up chance, limited availability and ton of levels to get.

Jinko

Why do you want Siren anyway ?

Personalky I think she sucks, I'd rather take a toy dragon. Granted shes easy to skill up but her stats suck.

Echidna Skillup has the disadvantage of being a limited time dungeon, but you at least get to see one drop pretty often. It gives you a sense of progress. You do have the horrible feeling when all that goes to waste later and you fuse, though.

Siren hunting is just run after run of nothing. There's absolutely zero sense of progress at all. On the other hand, at least you have reliable +Drop rate opportunities for her and you have the advantages of getting +eggs as you farm and a good amount of XP.

Both suck, but I have to say Siren hunting feels more hopeless. Hera skill-ups is probably PAD at it's absolute worst, though. Long, high stam cost dungeon, low skill-up chance, limited availability and ton of levels to get.

Ha, wait until you try to skill up a second gravity. I am almost done with the first one, my hera -is is sitting at SL 15 and I am not looking forward to skilling up the second one, or Goemon, or zeus...

Personalky I think she sucks, I'd rather take a toy dragon. Granted shes easy to skill up but her stats suck.

She was top shit back in the day...but now I tend to agree. I have two max skilled and don't even use one anymore...thinking of harvesting her eggs for Echidna

New Evo (gold egg?) material only dungeon:

dnh4Wgf.jpg

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140310_rush.html

35 stamina/5 floors.
See that dark mask chillin' there? Don't forget that all the masks that look like that, as well as the colored dubs, are all 5-star gold eggs, so what we're getting is more like the Expert-level dungeons without the first floor.

EDIT: Also, if that tier list is for beginners, why's Dark Metatron in there?

Kreed

That's the main reason she's valuable. Excluding Drawn Joker, she's much easier to get for new players vs hoping to get trolled with a Toy Dragon from the REM.

Also her new Ultimate has better stats than Megalodran excluding HP.

Yaari

Yeah Goemon skill up is a nightmare. Hopefully I can get 2 skill ups in this event. When it is done, it will be worth it.

yami4ct

That's the main reason she's valuable. Excluding Drawn Joker, she's much easier to get for new players vs hoping to get trolled with a Toy Dragon from the REM.

Also her new Ultimate has better stats than Megalodran excluding HP.

She also has the advantage of being a Healer, so she fits in well with my Bastet team. I will probably Skill-up my DJ whenever dragon in motley comes around as well, but in terms of heart-makers that work with my current setup, Siren is kind of it.

yami4ct

Might make her worth using again, but still think I will favour Angelion . (who is fairly easy to skill up with Big Shynee)

Angelion is probably my most wanted non-god right now. So sad there's no way to get one except pulling the REM and praying. Maybe I'll get lucky the next time a godfest rolls around.

Ok, so looking at my box, I'm really tempted to find a team I can use both Yomi and Bastet on. They seem like they would work really well together, yet I don't really find any teams. The big problem is the typing, of course, as Yomi doesn't fit into the universally used healer team like Venus does. Any ideas?

Angelion is probably my most wanted non-god right now. So sad there's no way to get one except pulling the REM and praying. Maybe I'll get lucky the next time a godfest rolls around.

Ok, so looking at my box, I'm really tempted to find a team I can use both Yomi and Bastet on. They seem like they would work really well together, yet I don't really find any teams. The big problem is the typing, of course, as Yomi doesn't fit into the universally used healer team like Venus does. Any ideas?
You can always have a Bastet team with Yomi in it. Type and color wouldn't matter, then.

It's also funny to hear that about Angelion. Back in the day, it was the rubbish pull, and people were dumping them. Failio, we called it.

razterik

Bastet/Yomi/Genbu/Izanagi/*/Bastet.

Top Bottom