• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

SaintR

Small vent time. Goddamn x2 skillups. I rather they not do this so that at least I'm frustrated cause I know the chances are small. I mean I can't get a low lvl mob skill ups now.
Comeon.gif
sorry still bitter from the last x2 event when I went 0/14+ on enchilada skill up.

Evo Mat Rush trip report:
1F - Dragon Fruit + 3 random seeds/plants
2F - Mystic Mask + 3 random Divine Masks
3F - Dubmythlit + 2 random other dubs
4F - Random normal keeper
5F - R.Keeper (~40% drop)

Kreed

Jinko

Small vent time. Goddamn x2 skillups. I rather they not do this so that at least I'm frustrated cause I know the chances are small. I mean I can't get a low lvl mob skill ups now.
Comeon.gif
sorry still bitter from the last x2 event when I went 0/14+ on enchilada skill up.

But RNG is so much fun !

AKA a waste of time.

Wonder why the iOS is getting a higher version than Android? I doubt it's anything significant but still.

Might be a fix for the time difference bug that Japan had, I don't think it effected android users.

EU Patch notes here

Uthred

Are the new ults for Sieg and Cu much use? The extra .5 doesnt seem worth the conditional activation, their stats are largely equal and the colour combos dont seem anymore useful.

Are the new ults for Sieg and Cu much use? The extra .5 doesnt seem worth the conditional activation, their stats are largely equal and the colour combos dont seem anymore useful.

I have practically the same question, I might go for Sieg. Blue/Light seems like it might have more synergy with my other gods than Blue/red (though not as useful for Haku)

Its a tough call, especially 1 day post heroes and not a poring tower in sight..

EDIT: I have two Shiva's which Evo should I prioritize with my higher leveled Shiva? I will get both eventually, but if the Devilit evo is that much better I will wait until Friday and try to run the new twinlit dungeon for my second devilit...

Amazing what max leveling will do for you. Breezed through Master Tengu with Purin/AB Chuck/Ice Samurai/Echidna/Fuma//Flame Chaser.

Gonna need more skill levels on them if I want to do Legend though. Getting orb starved and cat paw'd to death is painful.

J0dy77

I have practically the same question, I might go for Sieg. Blue/Light seems like it might have more synergy with my other gods than Blue/red (though not as useful for Haku)

Its a tough call, especially 1 day post heroes and not a poring tower in sight..

EDIT: I have two Shiva's which Evo should I prioritize with my higher leveled Shiva? I will get both eventually, but if the Devilit evo is that much better I will wait until Friday and try to run the new twinlit dungeon for my second devilit...

I'm leveling a new Chu and Seigfried to have one of each. It gives me a reason to run poring tower again and low level blue/green fodder place. The new Seigfried colors are stronger and Chu Chu has some real potential for a descended leader. I'm looking at Chu/Chu woodsie, Robin as a big burst team against water. It will also be a bit stronger for OOH farming but that's not really a problem anyway.

saichi

so with luck, one would get Dragon seed, random Divine Mask and a random Keeper that's not RK.

35 stamina well spent!

Kreed

Unless you like the color changes or just want them for completion sake, I don't see the point. The Gold Keeper dungeon is difficult enough that if you are able to clear it, you don't need these two as leaders. Especially with an HP requirement for their new leader skills (which is a joke with Siegfried being a physical type).

Jhriad

What dungeons will drop Baby Tamadra in the patch? Are they just switching all the Tamadra drops in Metal/Jewel Dragon dungeons to Baby Tamadra?

Ducarmel

What dungeons will drop Baby Tamadra in the patch? Are they just switching all the Tamadra drops in Metal/Jewel Dragon dungeons to Baby Tamadra?

Twinlit dungean will now be a weekly dungeon, so to stop people from getting to many Tama's they will now only drop baby tama's

Kreed

Twinlit dungean will now be a weekly dungeon, so to stop people from getting to many Tama's they will now only drop baby tama's

Also Trifruit will have them, and you can randomly get them from the Pal Machine. Metal Dungeons will keep regular Tamas, as well as the Score attack.

linsivvi

The patch notes would not come up for me - why the need for dub-topalits? I have plenty but I'm curious.

Yeah, to be more precise, this is what you'll need for guaranteed awakening:

1922201_500790480025263_708169948_n.png

linsivvi

What subs are good for a Flame Chaser team in order to run Tengu on Legend?

I don't have a low cost Titan so I ran this:

Echidna, Ogrex2, King Bubblie.

That's 6 skill boosts and tons of hp to tank a few rounds to charge skills and store fire orbs. If you have a low cost titan to replace one of the Ogres, it should be safer.

Gaia:
mPDgiYp.jpg

Active: Reduce damage by 35% for 1 turn, recover 4k HP

Lead: 3.5x Atk to Attacker type, reduce RCV by 1/2

2065/1540/494 at lv 99, 4mil curve

Also apparently 6.4.2 update broke EU PAD in a similar way to how JP PAD is currently broken for non-JP time zones. Time zones are hard.

The leader skill/active skill combo could be useful, but green teams REALLY don't need any more shield users.
I think it's also notable that she's a green Attacker. Granted, that's pretty useless right now, but if we get more of them, they can contribute to a strong Dtron team. Her active could help the team take a hit and not die, too.

Wow. Gaia is pretty underwhelming. Already outclassed by Purin. Unless her CD goes ridiculously low, but even then, Purin gives 3.5 ATK to all monsters with the same condition, and it's Light instead of Wood.

Jinko

Yea Purin is definitely better, I guess a lot of people don't have him though and he's near impossible to skill up.

Green attacker though, not much you can do with that right now, Sasuke and Taur demons, I suppose you won't need high RCV with hardly any HP.

If you go with non mono though there is the mythical beasts, a bunch of EVA units and Batman.

Edit:- Doesn't look like I'll be getting Tengu today, nobody on my friend list has any low cost monsters up :S

Tobe

now that i can mostly safely farm KOG why would anybody run OoH over it? because of the difficulty? isnt kog as good as OoH for +'s???

for a moment there i thought gaia would be kinda good but she is pretty shit, maybe if the dmg reduction was 50% that would allow dtron teams to blow everything and heart on a first attack, heal up to full hp and survive the next big hit. but 35% is pretty shitty. cant survive a hit from zeus nor cdk.

Yea Purin is definitely better, I guess a lot of people don't have him though and he's near impossible to skill up.

Green attacker though, not much you can do with that right now, Sasuke and Taur demons, I suppose you won't need high RCV with hardly any HP.

If you go with non mono though there is the mythical beasts, a bunch of EVA units and Batman.

Edit:- Doesn't look like I'll be getting Tengu today, nobody on my friend list has any low cost monsters up :S
Just off the top of my head, I'm thinking you can make a decent rainbow Dtron team. It would be something like this:

Dtron
Red Odin
Ares
Gaia
Hanzo/Sasuke/Batman/Anubis/Yomi/whatever
Dtron

It wouldn't quite pack the punch of a standard Dtron team, but it covers all colors but blue, so you wouldn't get orb trolled as badly.

J0dy77

now that i can mostly safely farm KOG why would anybody run OoH over it? because of the difficulty? isnt kog as good as OoH for +'s???

for a moment there i thought gaia would be kinda good but she is pretty shit, maybe if the dmg reduction was 50% that would allow dtron teams to blow everything and heart on a first attack, heal up to full hp and survive the next big hit. but 35% is pretty shitty. cant survive a hit from zeus nor cdk.

Ooh has a better + egg drop rate. There was some extensive community research in the drops of each dungeon. This may have changed since that has been done. But that's the main reason.

Ooh has a better + egg drop rate. There was some extensive community research in the drops of each dungeon. This may have changed since that has been done. But that's the main reason.
To add to this, OoH has 9 battles that can potentially drop a +egg. KoG only has 7. That's 28.5% more floors that can potentially drop a +egg.

Satan is the last descend monster that makes an impact on the game. Athena is borderline and it's all downhill after that.
Do you mean chronologically? Because most of the descend monsters before Satan are pretty great.

Jinko

Yeah that's what I mean. Most of the descend monsters introduced before (and including) Satan are great and are staples of many teams. After that, not so much.

They are running out of ways to make new units interesting without breaking the REM and the game in general.

Probably time to up the level cap or something.

Musan

To add to this, OoH has 9 battles that can potentially drop a +egg. KoG only has 7. That's 28.5% more floors that can potentially drop a +egg.

Small correction, OoH has realistically 8 floors for +egg. 9th floor can drop, but its rare enough that a +egg is not even expected. Though, I did get a +1 Tamadra from trifruits once.

raiot

I don't think Gaia is worthless...
Just look at her active this way:
It's a Kushinadahime with attacker.
You can use her to counter pre-emptive hits that would otherwise kill you, or help you to take a hit after you where healed...

razterik

Music for Hello Kitty, Evangelion, Batman, and Angry Birds included in the new update. So those will all probably show in the next month or two? Angry Birds is due for awoken skill update at some point.

Gaia descend is cost limited to 14. I hate these so much. I'd say the guy on my list running a +297 flame chaser yesterday is a genius, but I bet this dungeon will be designed to counter that specific team.

Colby

KoG is so much better exp-wise, but OoH can drop +eggs more often, as has been said. Also, it depends on if you need Mystic Masks or Dublits. Even if both of those drops are super rare, it's still pretty awesome to pick up one or two and bank them for a rainy day.

Top Bottom