• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I'm running into an update loop, where after it finishes downloading, it just restarts. Sweet.

Anyway, assuming this install finishes, I'm looking forward to ECO for Yomi. I got max skill Parvati last time (and I think Toytops is almost max).

Also, I just bought a house
and am totally broke now
, so no more IAP for me.

After like 450 days of play, I finally get a bad dragon from the REM

Is that possible? Dumpty is rare as hell. I ran ECO like mad last time and only got five of her over two weeks.
I think their appearance/drop rate is about as bad as pirates are, which is pretty awful.

And then there are the Hero god skillups which are like Chaser rare and I don't think I've ever even seen one.

I'm running into an update loop, where after it finishes downloading, it just restarts. Sweet.

Anyway, assuming this install finishes, I'm looking forward to ECO for Yomi. I got max skill Parvati last time (and I think Toytops is almost max).

Also, I just bought a house
and am totally broke now
, so no more IAP for me.
Sounds like the 6.4 DST issue; what time zone is your phone set to?

yami4ct

I think their appearance/drop rate is about as bad as pirates are, which is pretty awful.

And then there are the Hero god skillups which are like Chaser rare and I don't think I've ever even seen one.

Wait....wait. There's hero god skill ups? How did I miss that. Would have loved to get a skill up or two on my Japanese Pandora, though I doubt I'd be able to run whatever skill dungeon long enough to get those skull ups.

Mmmph, Busty Shiva team is pretty potent. Praying to the RNG gods that I get a Ronia or Rodin over next Godfest.
ain't gonna happen

Hell, I'd settle for a salamander ult evo. 1.3x fire enhance active + 2 row enhance is not bad at all. Especially since I dont have a freyr. I've been trying to farm the damn salamander in Hera-Ur descended but no dice =(

Chojin

I'm having some crazy ass issues with my game.

I rooted my tablet last night and then I linked the game to a partition on my SD card. When I loaded up the game it became all kinds of crazy shit as you can see here:

1E124FW.png

7vKwze1.png

Uf1xpBG.png

2ODNeNk.png

As you can see all the character portraits are fucked up.

The game plays fine but its hard to tell what it is I'm playing with. So linked my Google+ account and created a backup that way and reinstalled the game and taking care as not to link it to my partition. After retreiving my account info, its still jacked.

What do you guys think I can do? I'd hate to have to restart everything, I know I'm only rank 72 and I could probably quickly go up in ranks cause I know I'm I'm doing this time. But I'm partial to my Siren, I got her this far and some of the other rare things I have.

razterik

I can deal with the pirate rates because they don't need to be evolved. But another set of Chaser equivalents is ridiculous. I understand if they want to make me evolve drops or give them more material requirements, but limiting how often they drop is the worst thing. I don't think I can take it anymore if this is the future of skill ups from now on.

I've used 100% of my stamina trying to get Dark Chasers since the dungeon launched. I got 1 from a master run the first day, that's it. Kinda sucks.

I switched up my regular Haku team today with some new awakenings available. Now running:

Haku/Haku
D/W Batman
D/D Hades
Pandora
Enchilada

for a total of 5 row enhances, 2 skill boosts and more RCV+HP than I've had before. Losing a bit of ATK but row enhances make up for that. So far so good.

Need more Tamadra for Pandoras skill boost though, would also love to skill her up but that won't happen for a long while I guess.

Chojin

Okay something is really screwed up here.

I uninstalled the game entirely. I reinstalled it and started a new game. Everything looked fine until the tutorial:

What the heck is going on!? This was a fresh install.

linsivvi

I'm having some crazy ass issues with my game.

I rooted my tablet last night and then I linked the game to a partition on my SD card. When I loaded up the game it became all kinds of crazy shit as you can see here:

As you can see all the character portraits are fucked up.

The game plays fine but its hard to tell what it is I'm playing with. So linked my Google+ account and created a backup that way and reinstalled the game and taking care as not to link it to my partition. After retreiving my account info, its still jacked.

What do you guys think I can do? I'd hate to have to restart everything, I know I'm only rank 72 and I could probably quickly go up in ranks cause I know I'm I'm doing this time. But I'm partial to my Siren, I got her this far and some of the other rare things I have.

First of all, backup your game data and make a copy on your PC. Make multiple backups if you have to. The real important files are the 14 .bin files in\data\data\jp.gungho.padEN\files.

After that, uninstall the game and make sure there's nothing left in the folders \data\data\jp.gungho.padEN\ and \sdcard\Android\data\jp.gungho.padEN\. Do a clean install of the game.

Start the game and it will ask you to register and download all the art assets. When it's done, quit the game, force stop it in settings\apps. Copy the 14 .bin files back to \data\data\jp.gungho.padEN\files.

Cross your fingers and hope this will fix the problem.

Edit: Just saw your new post. Ouch.

Jinko

Okay something is really screwed up here.

I uninstalled the game entirely. I reinstalled it and started a new game. Everything looked fine until the tutorial:

What the heck is going on!? This was a fresh install.

I assume you have formatted your SD card after deleting the game and then reinstalled ?

Try reinstalling the game with no SD card maybe.

Chojin

I assume you have formatted your SD card after deleting the game and then reinstalled ?

Try reinstalling the game with no SD card maybe.

Yeah I tried that as well. Its all installed on the internal memory.

I sent an email to GungHo, hopefully they can resolve this :(

Nista

Could you use busty Hera instead of Hera Ur as a leader for weekly twinfruits, or is it too difficult to stay above 80%?

razterik

If you get hit in Trifruits, you are already dead. So Hera should be fine, Hera Ur is mostly used for her red element and active combined with Ronia.

You will need to be sure to heal up before moving past Tamadra.

Quantum

not related, but I lost my main account last week on vacation outside of the US.

I had contacted GungHo who were very helpful but unable to recover my information

(it was linked to a google account, had the secret number and even the previous OS transfer number, and screenshots, and recently completed PAD herder account)

I was playing on an HTC one (not rooted), I had to factory reset my phone and apparently the data was corrupted.

I had 370+ days played.

sad.

chrono01

Anyone having trouble updating this app in Canada?

Actually, the App Store on my iPhone doesn't seem to be working at all. I try to search but nothing comes up, and the P&D update isn't even showing up under my Updates.

I was just curious as to whether this is a Canadian App Store issue or not.

Edit - Never mind. I had to restart my iPhone, it asked me to sign into iTunes [which I did] and now everything is working.

Jinko

not related, but I lost my main account last week on vacation outside of the US.

I had contacted GungHo who were very helpful but unable to recover my information

(it was linked to a google account, had the secret number and even the previous OS transfer number, and screenshots, and recently completed PAD herder account)

I was playing on an HTC one (not rooted), I had to factory reset my phone and apparently the data was corrupted.

I had 370+ days played.

sad.

Wow that sucks, you would think they would have backups of some kind.

Rahk

I had 370+ days played.

sad.
This is why there should be a proper account system, ugh.

Musan

That sucks, though I'm guessing the account is non-iap? Gungho used to require magic stone purchase for account retrieval, though I am not sure if that applies today.

chrono01

I had 370+ days played.

sad.
Wow, tat's horrible.

Sorry to hear that. :(

Tobe

can you back up databin48? sorry for your acc that really sucks on gunghos part they need to introduce another way of protecting your stuff.

Rahk

That sucks, though I'm guessing the account is non-iap? Gungho used to require magic stone purchase for account retrieval, though I am not sure if that applies today.
I got the impression from his wording that they tried to help, but ultimately couldn't do anything because the data was corrupted.

Nista

If you get hit in Trifruits, you are already dead. So Hera should be fine, Hera Ur is mostly used for her red element and active combined with Ronia.

You will need to be sure to heal up before moving past Tamadra.

Yeah I was going to use Ur as a sub instead. Would sort of be a cross between a Satan and a Ur team at that rate.

Though I may wait a couple weeks for this, rather save up some plants for eco collab nonsense this weekend.

linsivvi

Yeah I was going to use Ur as a sub instead. Would sort of be a cross between a Satan and a Ur team at that rate.

Though I may wait a couple weeks for this, rather save up some plants for eco collab nonsense this weekend.

I don't think it'll work. Dragon flower does a 8K preemptive attack in round 3 and that would ruin your day.

Musan

Floor 3 has a preemptive 8-9k hit, Hera lead won't work there. Satan is the go-to nowadays. Hera-Ur can work, just need fire orbs for the first couple floors.

Kreed

They stopped doing that/help non-iap players now, although you move a little lower on their priorities list if you haven't ever made a purchase.

razterik

Floor 3 has a preemptive 8-9k hit, Hera lead won't work there. Satan is the go-to nowadays. Hera-Ur can work, just need fire orbs for the first couple floors.

Oops, sorry. Yeah, I forget about this since I'm so used to unconditional multipliers. I'd say Hera is still possible, but it's a lot harder to heal up and then do enough damage to take out the flower and fruit. So lead Hera-Ur over Hera for sure.

SaintR

They stopped doing that/help non-iap players now, although you move a little lower on their priorities list if you haven't ever made a purchase.
I lost my alt account on my iPhone back in the first few months of my pad career right after obtaining a healthy amount of stones(thank god I saw this thread early) non-iap and they couldnt retrieve either. It sucks.

Also, speaking of possible suckage, how you guys doing on Ronia Skill-ups. Was pondering on ulti evo ifrit cause it looks like a fun fit in my Ronia team and decided to prioritize skill ups. 0/3

Quantum

I got the impression from his wording that they tried to help, but ultimately couldn't do anything because the data was corrupted.

they certainly did try to help.

in fact there are two rules they follow (from the rules they sent me in e-mail)

1) you are a paid player
2) you are not a paying player but have reached a rank higher then 100.

they answered promptly (within 24 hours) and were helpful (although did ask a large number of questions), while there is hope - ultimately it appears as if my account has corrupted.

having all of my information (account name, secret number, transfer code, rank, dates of play and monster listing) did not get my account back

I'm kinda bummed that I did not root my phone and back up my data.

interestingly I have an original backup from an ios image and haven't tried to load it yet (would have to wipe my touch) but I wonder if it will work even after I transferred my account to android at this point I don't have anything to loose.

During the last run of metals I can confirm that devil lucifer's skill does work without a light monster as an enemy.

So bring on the Eva collab, I need a 5 turn dark enhance, with 2 dark row enhance and 2 skill cooldowns...

I need 1 more Tama, and Eva collab

During the last run of metals I can confirm that devil lucifer's skill does work without a light monster as an enemy.

So bring on the Eva collab, I need a 5 turn dark enhance, with 2 dark row enhance and 2 skill cooldowns...

I need 1 more Tama, and Eva collab
Does he actually hit everyone for 150k? Or does he just do the enhance part?

quin

Why don't you guys back up your data?
Before every update gungho JP is always reminding us to back up before we proceed.

Or am i missing something else here?

Chojin

So I figured it out. Its really weird but I had to uninstall everything and then shut my tablet off and after rebooting it install from scratch and then recover my save via my gmail account. I don't know what voodoo I had to do but at least all my stuff is there and correctly displayed :)

linsivvi

So I matched 3 light orbs to kill 1 of the 2 remaining mythlits and the game dropped 3 light orbs right on top of them, so 50 stamina wasted. What are the odds of that happening? Far too often it seems.

colinp

Banned
Just need a dub myth lit to drop to evo my Kirin to Auroro Kirin! Come on Friday Dungeon! Don't fail me now!!!

Thinking of using another stone to reset my stamina... Decisions decisions. Arghjdjs!!

he does the enhancement part only

And it's not just the 5 turn enhance that makes him good though, it's his awakenings (2 skill up and 2 dark row enhance). The 5 the enhance by itself would be very situational without the awakenings. He would replace Hera-ur on dark teams that use her, and still can be stacked with Loki/dumpty.

Edit: ran twinlit Friday dungeon. 3-stone with 1 back but angelit dropped not the devilit that I wanted... Got a baby tam though so just a gold dragon and 1 flower from evo.

Jinko

they certainly did try to help.

in fact there are two rules they follow (from the rules they sent me in e-mail)

1) you are a paid player
2) you are not a paying player but have reached a rank higher then 100.

they answered promptly (within 24 hours) and were helpful (although did ask a large number of questions), while there is hope - ultimately it appears as if my account has corrupted.

having all of my information (account name, secret number, transfer code, rank, dates of play and monster listing) did not get my account back

I'm kinda bummed that I did not root my phone and back up my data.

interestingly I have an original backup from an ios image and haven't tried to load it yet (would have to wipe my touch) but I wonder if it will work even after I transferred my account to android at this point I don't have anything to loose.

The information is kept server side, there is local save files but those are updated when you connect to the server, I reckon even if your local files were ok, your server stuff would still be corrupt, prob why they ask you keep a stable connection whilst playing just to cover themselves.

Quantum

The information is kept server side, there is local save files but those are updated when you connect to the server, I reckon even if your local files were ok, your server stuff would still be corrupt, prob why they ask you keep a stable connection whilst playing just to cover themselves.

There remains a small bit of hope.

I'm in the EST timezone and the responses are coming for me in the middle of the night - but I received an e-mail that they continue to work on my "investigation" - odd choice of words, but I'm silently excited if they are able to find my information.

interestingly they asked for screen shots with accurate time/date stamps - I have a metal dragon one where the egg dropped not from the tama or the king (a gungtroll shot if you would) with an exact timestamp from a few days before my reset.

also - they asked for a list of my mobs. recently (about a month ago? I uploaded my mobs into padherder)

so as a heads up - it makes sense to keep recent screen shots of dungeons (with timestamps) and a list of your mobs.

Top Bottom