• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Jagernaut

Going back to this, how are scores calculated? Is both rarity and cost taken into account? If it's just cost, then Angelits or Super Golds would be better than Masks.

Dark Shiva is still unconditional and has awesome awakenings and active skill, so it's not black and white which is better in all situations.

It looks like its just the average rarity (number of stars) of your team. I saw a picture of this successful S rank team:

Rose Valkyrie +297 (rarity 7)
King Shynee (3)
Treant (1)
Pixie (1)
Green evolution mask (1)

20/6 = 3.3 average rarity. That team has 4 green and 4 light elements for pinging defense quicker.

yami4ct

Tried to run the Master level Eva Collab with no luck. That last boss is a beast. Still trying to find a team I have that can burst him. Might have to try and throw together a better Bastet team and see if that can burst enough.

It looks like its just the average rarity (number of stars) of your team. I saw a picture of this successful S rank team:

King Shynee (3)
Treant (1)
Pixie (1)
Green evolution mask (1)

20/6 = 3.3 average rarity. That team has 4 green and 4 light elements for pinging defense quicker.
Okay, thanks.

yami4ct

Did some calculation and it seems like if I can pull off an 8x Change The World with my Bastet team, and with a 2x Ultra Gravity from my two Heras, I might burst just enough to pull off the win with a Luci friend. Hmmm. This might be close.

Prayers answered? A 100% skill up monster for any skill is being considered. Bet that'll be at least five stones to acquire.

Wonder if the skill up trolling is driving a lot of whales from the game. Gungho must be worried if they are thinking about releasing something like this.

On a brighter note i max skilled yomi with only 2-3 stones spent on stamina refreshes. Not too shabby. Thinking about skipping Godin though, when do you actually ever need his active skill?

Tried to run the Master level Eva Collab with no luck. That last boss is a beast. Still trying to find a team I have that can burst him. Might have to try and throw together a better Bastet team and see if that can burst enough.

Any reason not running a healer team with Shynee? The whole dungeon is easy with 2xValk.

yami4ct

Wait, I totally missed that this Bastet team I'm building is almost all gods. If I can grab an Izanagi friend, I would win this fairly safely/easily. The only trouble would be the floor with the angel that Binds gods, but if I trigger my Heras then I should be able to eliminate him before he's a threat. Then it just comes down to stalling on the floors pre-boss.

Any reason not running a healer team with Shynee? The whole dungeon is easy with 2xValk.

My healer selection sucks. I have no Valk at all. I could run Bastet, Yomi, Shynee, Echidna+1 other and a Valk friend, but I don't think that would burst enough. Could run the numbers and see.

King Shynee (3)
Treant (1)
Pixie (1)
Green evolution mask (1)

Do you know if it's doable without a +297 valk?

TheExodu5

Banned
Just downloaded this for the first time today.

Figured I'd spend a while resetting but I think I got a good one on my first go, maybe?

Neptune. Says he's a God so I'm assuming that's a keeper? Or do I really just want one in the listed tiers in the OP?

Jinko

Say waaaaa????!!!!!!!!

GungHo trying to bring back/keep players from jumping ship? But if it does come, I could see it being an expensive dungeon with a less than 50% chance for the skill-up mob to drop. Like 99 stam, 33% chance of drop. So 297 stam per skill-up. That would be like running a 50 stam guaranteed drop Mythical dungeon 6 times. Skill-up rates are generally better than 1/6 during 2x events. I'm just throwing up completely arbitrary figures for dungeon cost and drop rates, of course.

You forgot to mention it will be a baby version which will need evolving first.

I'm pretty sure it will be a Tamadra of some type.

Figured I'd spend a while resetting but I think I got a good one on my first go, maybe?

Neptune. Says he's a God so I'm assuming that's a keeper? Or do I really just want one in the listed tiers in the OP?

Top Tier is always best. Neptune has its uses but yeah, not really a leader type character.

Too bad you didn't do it yesterday, a GodFest was going on. Would of landed you a good starting god pretty fast. Rerolling gets old fast lol.

Heh. Just sorted my box by rarity, and realized I have a max level Yellow Carbuncle and Goblin that I'm using to hoard +stats. They have much better stats than Masks. :D

Jonsoncao

Banned

Neptune is a good teammate, not a universal good leader. Please refer to the first page for the tier, $$$ tier = you wanna avoid it if you are not gonna spend any real money.

You forgot to mention it will be a baby version which will need evolving first.

I'm pretty sure it will be a Tamadra of some type.

This. Perhaps something like baby Tama and requiring gold keeper to evolve.

Jinko

My healer selection sucks. I have no Valk at all. I could run Bastet, Yomi, Shynee, Echidna+1 other and a Valk friend, but I don't think that would burst enough. Could run the numbers and see.

TBH that team is much better than a Valk team, you shouldn't have an issue with it as long as you can get the combos.

You could do with a orb changer/healer of course though.

yami4ct

TBH that team is much better than a Valk team, you shouldn't have an issue with it as long as you can get the combos.

You could do with a orb changer/healer of course though.

Gave it a go and got blown away on the 3rd floor, mostly due to my own mistakes. The relatively low HP gives you little room for error. Couldn't get the combos to get the one hit every turn angel down. Might add some more Valk friends, stall better for Echidna's delay and give it another go later today.

Here's my PADHerder I just updated.

http://www.padherder.com/user/yami4ct/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0;default,0

Honestly, don't see much in terms of the Burst damage I need to take this dungeon down. Not sure though, maybe I'm crazy and you people will find something nice.

oh yeah, my valk has +64 eggs, and I can easily do EVA legendary, trickiest part is stalling for King Shynee, (can't echidna on Sixth angel or final level)

Stalling isn't too tricky in this one, just be mindful of the CD. There are a few high CD, high def mobs you can stall on. Obviously avoid taking a hit from the 1/2 CD subs. Try and burn through the Sixth Angel best you can and should be ok.

Are you using the valk 3 masks king shynee valk team? I was talking about getting the S rank.

I think as long as most of your eggs are in ATK (like mine) you should be fine. you can't tank anything so you really only need to focus on atk and max skill with your valk.

I think an S rank will be highly dependent on sixth angel appearances over plus eggs. Stalling without damage is far more critical than 990 hp, 495 atk, and 297 rcv. Your friend leader should be max egged though.

razterik

Took a couple tries but S ranked Eva with the Valk, Shynee and 1 star masks team. It's really not too bad as long as you get to stall on a Sixth Angel before round 3. Best advice is to save up hearts and light orbs as much as possible. Need at least 3 light combos and a little extra to down the Fifth Angel. The Fourth goes down easy and the Sixth gives you plenty of time. The Tenth lets you have 6 turns to arrange the board and hit him with a big Shynee burst. Follow up with another Valk burst if necessary.

Kreed

Say waaaaa????!!!!!!!!

GungHo trying to bring back/keep players from jumping ship? But if it does come, I could see it being an expensive dungeon with a less than 50% chance for the skill-up mob to drop. Like 99 stam, 33% chance of drop. So 297 stam per skill-up. That would be like running a 50 stam guaranteed drop Mythical dungeon 6 times. Skill-up rates are generally better than 1/6 during 2x events. I'm just throwing up completely arbitrary figures for dungeon cost and drop rates, of course.

From the same discussion/twitter conversation it looks like Gungho is leaning towards making the monster a rare giveaway item (like the Noel Dragons) during events.

The Tenth lets you have 6 turns to arrange the board and hit him with a big Shynee burst. Follow up with another Valk burst if necessary.
If you Valk on the first turn, she'll recharge in time to get off 3 Valk activations. If possible, people should try to prep the board during the Sixth Angel fight the round before. That way you could Shynee on the first turn, and if Tenth Angel still has health left over, you have 5 more turns to prep the board for 2 more Valk bursts.

yami4ct

From the same discussion/twitter conversation it looks like Gungho is leaning towards making the monster a rare giveaway item (like the Noel Dragons) during events.

Hmmm..that's not too bad. That would mean 2-3 free skill ups a year if we're lucky. Not what I had hoped, but better than the current situation.

After another failed go at Master level, think I'm giving up on the Eva collab. Just not good enough yet. I'll just go through the annoying process of grinding the lower levels over the next two weeks and evolving the Fourth Angel to skill up my GrOdin. It's not that important anyway.

Jinko

Man I hope not, they may as well not even bother. (Unless it max skills your character from one feeding)

yami4ct

Man I hope not, they may as well not even bother. (Unless it max skills your character from one feeding)

I wouldn't mind free skill ups if only for the monsters that have little to no Skill Up options besides REM monsters. For stuff like the Chinese gods, where the skill ups are exceptionally rare Chasers, it'd be pretty amazing. For stuff like Hera, it may take forever but you can at least fairly farm her skill up mats.

linsivvi

Finally did it. With minimal plus eggs too.

UoLwleX.jpg

Sixth Angel in both first and second floor made it easy this time.

BondFancy

Will double Umisachi&Yamasachi (leader/helper) with GRODIN, Enchantress of the Sea, Tsuku Yomi, and Ra be a good enough blast team for Master? And quick question what is everyones player rank out of curiosity?

Ducarmel

Will double Umisachi&Yamasachi (leader/helper) with GRODIN, Enchantress of the Sea, Tsuku Yomi, and Ra be a good enough blast team for Master? And quick question what is everyones player rank out of curiosity?

GrOdin and Ra are replaceable if you have better monster preferable orb changers like like Ultimate Chu Chu and Valk.

Tobe

im at 189. so close to that 8th team :)

i dont know the exact math of dmg calculation but 25x is pretty damn strong. i guess having more light subs helps a lot.

i havent worried about damage in a while now, dtron just blows everything. even without full row enhancements i blow through zeus (KOG) with 2 rows and 2 combos.

Just got Asuka on my first roll for this event!
For those who played the JPN PAD, that's good right?

I'm almost ready to evolve my Haku, but missing a Dark Keeper.

Top Bottom