• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Who's your Byakko team?

Byakko/Byakko
D/D Hades
D/W Batman
Pandora
Enchilada

Your second Byakko is probably better than Pandora, and ECO Dumpty or Loki can replace Batman for the skill but he's crucial in my team since he's providing the water element as well. Hera-Is probably got the best stats of the Gravity monsters, unfortunately she doesn't benefit from the Dark Enhance skill, and Hades got a Dark Row awakening in the last update so I'm running him over regular Hera.

Byakko/Byakko
D/D Hades
D/W Batman
Pandora
Enchilada

Your second Byakko is probably better than Pandora, ECO Dumpty or Loki can replace Batman for the skill but he's crucial in my team since he's providing the water element as well. Hera-Is probably got the best stats of the Gravity monsters, unfortunately she doesn't benefit from the Dark Enhance skill, and Hades got a Dark Row awakening in the last update so I'm running him over regular Hera.

Ah. No Hades, Loki, Dumpty or D/W batman unfortunately. Should my second Byakko be awoken for the Dark enhance as well?

So I'm Guessing
Byakko
Byakko
Hera
Vamp
Enchilada
Byakko

Will do?

Jagernaut

I honestly haven't tried Gold Keeper yet. I'm kinda new to spike teams because luci takes to long and was getting beat in too many descends. I started Doing rainbow keeper with Byakko today and my lord the difference. I can finish it in a few minutes.

A Valkyrie team is even faster for Rainbow Keeper and takes less effort.

Zero_IYAD

Ok, loving this team, 4 zero stone runs so far:

tumblr_n2ncrfvrKd1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Each keeper giving you 3 turns to arrange your orbs is more than enough time to trigger your x49 & move to the next one.
Last round takes time, but you can finish him for sure before he starts using his deadly hand of destruction.

Should my second Byakko be awoken for the Dark enhance as well?

So I'm Guessing
Byakko
Byakko
Hera
Vamp
Enchilada
Byakko

Will do?

Definitely looks like a solid team.

No idea about the row awakenings though, I've got 5 and definitely notice an increase in damage when matching a row over regular combos, but I'm not sure where the breaking point is. I also feel like it's way harder to make a complete dark row when you also need a blue and red combo to actually do any damage. It's fun to play, but at times I think it's better to just get as many combos as possible instead.

Definitely looks like a solid team.

No idea about the row awakenings though, I've got 5 and definitely notice an increase in damage when matching a row over regular combos, but I'm not sure where the breaking point is. I also feel like it's way harder to make a complete dark row when you also need a blue and red combo to actually do any damage. It's fun to play, but at times I think it's better to just get as many combos as possible instead.

Yeah not gonna bother for now. If I ever get a Loki she'd replace the Hera I think. That Orb enhance and his awakenings sound useful.

Ok, loving this team, 4 zero stone runs so far:

tumblr_n2ncrfvrKd1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Each keeper giving you 3 turns to arrange your orbs is more than enough time to trigger your x49 & move to the next one.
Last round takes time, but you can finish him for sure before he starts using his deadly hand of destruction.
Nice.

I cleared it with

Hera-Ur
Ronia
DQ Hera
King Baddie
Persephone (another awoken Ronia would be better)
Ronia

I put Hera-Ur in the lead spot for the extra damage. The 2.5x RCV from Ronia helper is enough to heal between attacks for the first 3 rounds. Charging is easy but biggest danger is accidentally getting a Keeper under 25% health but not killing it on the turn it attacks. On Light Keeper, heal after preemptive, then set-up board for a big burst with Persephone. On Dark Keeper, I used Ronia plus Hera-Ur to 1-shot it. If you want to save Hera-Ur for the boss, you'd still have 1 or 2 turns to kill DK. On Gold Keeper, heal if you need to and just clear garbage orbs and attack with Fire until the shield wears off. Then use all skills to 1-shot it.

To iap or not to iap. Btw anybody knows what happen to witchedwiz????
I've seen him post in other threads. Maybe he just stopped playing PAD.

Yeah, both Cu and Siegfried second ultimates are live. Physical Kirin and the ultimate mech evolutions are not. They all need a single gold keeper.

Are the new ultimates for Cu and Siegfried active? I just put the pieces in place for Siegfried and did not get the glowy button...

razterik

For shinji@gaf:

My standard team is Blue Sonia/Blue Odin/Hermes/Orochi/King Bubblie/Blue Sonia.

Blue Odin is the best sub for Blue Sonia, two even better. But it is quite possible to run without him. This is especially true after the recent update, which gave us physical type ultimate Leviathan who has two blue row enhance and a skill boost. Hermes and Orochi now also have a skill boost and a row enhance each. The most important sub is probably King Bubblie for the boss burst. If you are lacking these, you can run a sub-optimal team with Megalodoran and Siegfried for smaller, more frequent bursting, but it's really not the same without proper awakenings. There's a few good resources on the PAD forums, I would start here.

Yaari

Need to get Goemon 1 more skill-up and then he's finished. I only run on Legend difficulty so had to deal with alot of chest drops, bleh.

Will all be worth it once I get back to the KoG farming though. Super fun with maxed Goemon.

shinjijai

For shinji@gaf:

My standard team is Blue Sonia/Blue Odin/Hermes/Orochi/King Bubblie/Blue Sonia.

Blue Odin is the best sub for Blue Sonia, two even better. But it is quite possible to run without him. This is especially true after the recent update, which gave us physical type ultimate Leviathan who has two blue row enhance and a skill boost. Hermes and Orochi now also have a skill boost and a row enhance each. The most important sub is probably King Bubblie for the boss burst. If you are lacking these, you can run a sub-optimal team with Megalodoran and Siegfried for smaller, more frequent bursting, but it's really not the same without proper awakenings. There's a few good resources on the PAD forums, I would start here.

thanks for the info. I lack blue Odin and Hermes or Orochi but have the others. I'll probably stick with Bastet until I can form a better B Sonia team. Thanks again!

I already have a max-skilled Goemon, but just looking at his dungeon and what a shitty dungeon for drops. Goemon is the only drop worth a damn. It's gotta be the shittiest dungeon in the game for non-boss drops.

Need to get Goemon 1 more skill-up and then he's finished. I only run on Legend difficulty so had to deal with alot of chest drops, bleh.

Will all be worth it once I get back to the KoG farming though. Super fun with maxed Goemon.
Did you pick up a Heracles for your KoG farm team? Even without skill-ups, he still activates 10 turns earlier than Luci.

Yaari

Nope, I actually did not consider him for that, looking at it now, he could have come in useful. I use 2 RGG though so I don't use Lucifer when farming.

And yeah the dungeon is pretty bad for drops. I did get around 15 plus eggs today though, but I've also spend a fair bit of stones refilling.

I already have a max-skilled Goemon, but just looking at his dungeon and what a shitty dungeon for drops. Goemon is the only drop worth a damn. It's gotta be the shittiest dungeon in the game for non-boss drops.

Did you pick up a Heracles for your KoG farm team? Even without skill-ups, he still activates 10 turns earlier than Luci.

Heracles actually prevents bubblie from activating if you use him before, and overrides bubblies active if you use him after. It might still be doable with orb enhance, but its definitely gonna be harder.

J0dy77

Looking forward to this weekend and less chance of trolling. Stalling has never really been a problem and the green of Heracles might actually help if I catch two frost demons on the same floor. Just not sure how the lost rcv is going to impact me. Shouldn't be too bad.

J0dy77

Nice.

I cleared it with

Hera-Ur
Ronia
DQ Hera
King Baddie
Persephone (another awoken Ronia would be better)
Ronia

I put Hera-Ur in the lead spot for the extra damage. The 2.5x RCV from Ronia helper is enough to heal between attacks for the first 3 rounds. Charging is easy but biggest danger is accidentally getting a Keeper under 25% health but not killing it on the turn it attacks. On Light Keeper, heal after preemptive, then set-up board for a big burst with Persephone. On Dark Keeper, I used Ronia plus Hera-Ur to 1-shot it. If you want to save Hera-Ur for the boss, you'd still have 1 or 2 turns to kill DK. On Gold Keeper, heal if you need to and just clear garbage orbs and attack with Fire until the shield wears off. Then use all skills to 1-shot it.

I've seen him post in other threads. Maybe he just stopped playing PAD.

Didn't even think to abuse Ronia this way. I could try this team with a friend lead but not sure I'll have enough burst for the last two keepers. Healing is a pain in the ass for this dungeon.

My team would be the all Hera team with Ur, DQ and IS. Big Baddie and vamp filling out the other two slots. Could use a gravity on the dark keeper but not sure I'll have enough burst without the extra line bonus awakenings. What do you think?

Amon37

I have my first princess valk. I have a second valk im working on and a CoC healer. What other subs to round out this team?

Jagernaut

I have my first princess valk. I have a second valk im working on and a CoC healer. What other subs to round out this team?

Echidna (max skilled) and King Shynee. Sometimes you may need a healer with high hp like Bastet to meet minimum hp to survive certain attacks. For quick farming I would use 2 max skilled heartmakers, CoC healer or Angelion plus a Siren.

razterik

Drop the glasses and give him a monocle and top hat. Archdemon? More like Archduke.

Also, am I crazy, or does the music in the Eva collab boss fight make anyone else want to go watch Die Hard for some reason?

raiot

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140319_skill.html

6th awakening for ltron, take and zeus dios get their respective bonus below full health, so 99%> to get the bonus.

Damn, your too fast! :D

I wanted to post this:

(Stolen from Puzzleanddragonsforum)

ACTIVE SKILL ADJUSTMENT

Guard Break skill (Knights/Barons) CD change: SL1 remains 15 turns, new MAX CD down to 6 turns, rather than 8.

Izanami (Dark only?): Damage reduction increased

Stone Dragons: Skill CD Reduction: SL1 16 turns (from 17), MAX CD down to 6 turns (from 7).

Tengu: Skill CD Reduction: SL1 down to 18 turns (from 20), MAX CD down to 6 turns (from 8).

Mystic Dragons (Baalbek, Nebradisk, etc.): Skill CD Reduction: SL1 down to 23 turns (from 25), MAX CD down to 6 turns (from 8).

Isis & her skill up mobs: Skill Buff: 1 turn Bind Reduction on Quick Heal boosted to 2 turns of Bind Reduction.

LEADER SKILL ADJUSTMENT:

Zeus Dios: 3.5 x ATK when HP 80% and under > changed to 3.5x ATK when HP 99% and under
Takeminakata: 3.5x ATK for Physical when HP 80% and under > 3.5x ATK for Physical when HP 99% and under
Heracles: 4x ATK for Physical when HP 20% and under > 4x ATK for Physical when HP 50% and under

AWOKEN SKILL ADJUSTMENT

Metatron gains 6th Awoken skill: Bind Recovery

Totakeke

Sometimes you wonder how they keep changing the game so often.

Can't really complain about those changes. Everyone now laugh at Ltron.

raiot

God...
Skilling up FA lucifer is no joke... My first Luci is at skill lvl 6, my godin on 5.
And I have still one of each as low lvl :(

Yaari

How do you guys get specific masks, I was considering running Wednesday Dungeon but it seems rather stamina insufficient when there is only a single mask that I actually want. (Divine Onyx Mask). Easy to burn 100 Stamina for nothing in there.

Totakeke

"Finally, YamaP is considering an universal skill-up fodder. It will also skill-up at 100% chance (think Tamadra for active skills) "

Odin tama should be the one yamap is talking about on his twitter. He mentioned these will be given out during major events 4 times a year in japan. Not sure how US version will handle this, probably get shafted again.
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=33085&page=8

4 skills up a year!!!!

Jinko

Meh 4 times a year not even worth it, they should have made them obtainable through the upcoming Tama mini game.

I get the feeling it will start of a rare give away and they will eventually make it a rare encounter of some type later down the road.

Kreed

Those are pretty nice buffs to Zeus Dios, Takeminakta, and Heracles. I may actually have to attempt the Zeus Dios dungeon now.

And I think Odin Tamadra is part of that dress up Tamadra mini game.

Meh 4 times a year not even worth it, they should have made the obtainable through the upcoming Tama mini game.

It's still pretty good for monsters that we don't have realistic skill ups for. Like Collab Egg Machine monsters/REM monsters with no skill up mobs.

razterik

God...
Skilling up FA lucifer is no joke... My first Luci is at skill lvl 6, my godin on 5.
And I have still one of each as low lvl :(

Already maxed main Green Odin, main Isis is two away from max. DA Lucifer is only at skill 5. This is going to take all week at least.

How do you guys get specific masks, I was considering running Wednesday Dungeon but it seems rather stamina insufficient when there is only a single mask that I actually want. (Divine Onyx Mask). Easy to burn 100 Stamina for nothing in there.

Low level tech might be a good bet on Mondays, but I would run Clayus Prison when it goes on bonus today. But really, with 2x active, your chance of getting the light or dark masks from Wednesday dungeon is probably ~45%, which isn't bad odds.

Doesn't seem to be many real changes in the update. Nice to see Light Tron continue to be loltron.

Skill up Tama will start as four times a year, but with how Japan now hands out the "rare" normal Tamadra, I bet it'll increase to at least once a month eventually. US can only dream of ever seeing it, haha.

Jinko

It's still pretty good for monsters that we don't have realistic skill ups for. Like Collab Egg Machine monsters/REM monsters with no skill up mobs.

That's true, its just sad that in a year you wouldn't even be able to max one of them.

J0dy77

First world JP PAD problems:

QcNCln0l.jpg

I throw these things away in JP. I have a fully awoken siren just so I could free up some space.

Kreed

Oh come the fuck on, throw North America some bones here, Gungho

The last event was pretty ridiculous. In addition to a free Tamadra in the mail, they gave away a free King Metal Dragon within a 1 floor 1 stamina dungeon, so you always got a free magic stone, for 13 days.

J0dy77

The last event was pretty ridiculous. In addition to a free Tamadra in the mail, they gave away a free King Metal Dragon within a 1 floor 1 stamina dungeon, so you always got a free magic stone, for 13 days.

Yeah it's been ridiculous, stones, Tamdras and King Metals. I believe that between multiple events and the contest guy JP has gotten a reward every day for a month and a half starting in early February. Yesterday was the first time I logged in and didn't get something in who knows how long.

First world JP PAD problems:

QcNCln0l.jpg

I throw these things away in JP. I have a fully awoken siren just so I could free up some space.

This is such shit. I have one TAM i'm holding on to like i'm never getting another one.

Top Bottom