• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

tr4656

Finally did it. With minimal plus eggs too.

UoLwleX.jpg

Sixth Angel in both first and second floor made it easy this time.

I did this build too. Its pretty easy and very viable.

BondFancy

GrOdin and Ra are replaceable if you have better monster preferable orb changers like like Ultimate Chu Chu and Valk.

I would replace it if I had other good light gods I'm only level 94 LOL team cost is killing me I have everything to ultimate evolve and everything..

Ducarmel

I would replace it if I had other good light gods I'm only level 94 LOL team cost is killing me I have everything to ultimate evolve and everything..

If you don't mind grinding you can spend most of the week spending your stamina on normal dungeons Hyperion Lava Flow - Lava Tube, Oceanus Falls - Whirlpool in Basin, and Kronos Forest – Gate to the Mystic Land.

Each give 5000+ exp for 10 stamina, power game enough and by the weekend you should have more team cost and stamina just in time for 2x drop for those special dungeons.

BondFancy

If you don't mind grinding you can spend most of the week spending your stamina on normal dungeons Hyperion Lava Flow - Lava Tube, Oceanus Falls - Whirlpool in Basin, and Kronos Forest – Gate to the Mystic Land.

Each give 5000+ exp for 10 stamina, power game enough and by the weekend you should have more team cost and stamina just in time for 2x drop for those special dungeons.

Yea that's what I've been doing, keep dieing trying to perfect the perfect team to steam roll it, best combo I've found yet is Dual Baal leader/helper basically a free 6.25X boost. Problem is I only have one friend with Baal..

6.4.3 dropping in JP this week:
+orbs now carry over through orb change
2-pronged attack also increases damage
bind recovery awakening now reduces bind by 3 turns
resist awakenings got better by some unspecified amount
bugfixes

razterik

resist awakenings got better by some unspecified amount
bugfixes

Resist is now 4%, increased from previous 3%.

Two-pronged attack only gets damage bonus with exactly four orbs and only affects damage from those four orbs. Still useless.

Enhanced hearts now possible, no change in healing amount.

Totakeke

What's the point of enhanced hearts if it doesn't increase healing amount?

Don't think the enhanced orbs remaining change will make a huge deal. Teams doing full board enhances will continue to play the same while teams that don't will have slightly more sub choices but won't get huge power boost. One row will get you 1.36x but that's only for that row and there's a good number of subs that can give you more than 1.36x and for more than one turn.

Tobe

Yea that's what I've been doing, keep dieing trying to perfect the perfect team to steam roll it, best combo I've found yet is Dual Baal leader/helper basically a free 6.25X boost. Problem is I only have one friend with Baal..
Want to post your box??? You could get satan friends assuming you have a devil team. You already have baal do you have a vamp? You can farm king baddie.

linsivvi

Gosh Gold Keeper is such a stressful dungeon.

Thanks for posting this! Was much easier than trying to get an insane combo count, which is what I initially tried.

Took me 5 tries due to bad luck with orbs and mobs generated but at least it's done.

These three things are very welcome, bind recovery on Amaterasu (mine is bind immune) with 3 turn recovery is actually useful during party binds!
+ eggs holding over after orb change? Interesting, probably will exclude orb to heart and then back to orb though.
2-pronged attack was lame before. This doesn't fix it but it does make it better.

Totakeke

I don't see the point of this mechanic change except for sonia and chinese god actives that changes the whole board. In what situation would you have enhanced orbs of the wrong color? Well I guess we can call it a Sonia and Chinese God buff.

Jinko

I guess they are copying Tower of Saviors with the enhanced orbs roll over buff, its a nice addition but not a big game changer.

It's nice to see them making an effort with this stuff though, there is hope for this game yet.

Kreed

I don't see the point of this mechanic change except for sonia and chinese god actives that changes the whole board. In what situation would you have enhanced orbs of the wrong color? Well I guess we can call it a Sonia and Chinese God buff.

There's also the enhance orb awoken skill that causes orbs to randomly be enhanced. With this tweak/change, it makes the skill a little less useless with orb changing teams.

linsivvi

Any viable Keeper of Gold build out there? 7 Million HP made me cringe a bit, don't wanna turtle :|

Did it with Kirin. The subs I used were Hera-Is, Echidna, Siegfried (Blue Odin is better if you have it), Valk. You just need to clear the preemptive attack threshold.

Just stall as much as you can in the first 3 rounds. It's not that hard if you have a max or near max team. The hardest part is not to accidentally trigger 25x. Use Echidna in round 4 and heal up, then use Echidna again at Gold Keeper. You have 6 + 3 turns to kill it after 3 gravities.

J0dy77

Loving the investment into Yomi this weekend. Did Legend - Eva this morning and one shot the boss. Had her in my box for so long and never used, now she's one of my favorite mobs. Now if Gungho would just make the rest of my crappy mobs worthwhile that'd be super!!! (I'm looking at you Ceres)

Totakeke

There's also the enhance orb awoken skill that causes orbs to randomly be enhanced. With this tweak/change, it makes the skill a little less useless with orb changing teams.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. With Chinese Gods you can get orb enhances that changes to the other colors. With other teams that focuses on one color, you shouldn't have off-color orb enhance awakenings in the first place. I suppose it may still be marginally useful in rainbow teams.

Kreed

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. With Chinese Gods you can get orb enhances that changes to the other colors. With other teams that focuses on one color, you shouldn't have off-color orb enhance awakenings in the first place. I suppose it may still be marginally useful in rainbow teams.

It depends on the monster. For example, Dark Light Batman has awakenings for Dark and Light orb drops. So on a dark team, his light orb awakening before was useless. But after this update, you could change Batman's enhanced light orbs to hearts/dark orbs and keep the effect in play.

Totakeke

It depends on the monster. For example, Dark Light Batman has awakenings for Dark and Light orb drops. So on a dark team, his light orb awakening before was useless. But after this update, you could change Batman's enhanced light orbs to hearts/dark orbs and keep the effect in play.

Yeah I suppose... though if you convert light to dark using another monster and play him as a sub in a mono-dark team, then you're losing damage from the light sub attribute. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it seems like a very suboptimal play to deliberately do that.

razterik

Gold Keeper is a pain in the ass, but got through on my fourth try. Having to stop and heal after all those preemptives really kills the momentum of a spike team.

I was able to get the gold keeper though it took more stones than I would have liked to have spent (6, though I got 1 back of course). I used the Kirin team linsivvi had (my Kirin is 91+64, A.Hera-Is is 74, the rest maxed, and I had a friend Kirin max level+297).

I could take the pre-emptive hits from the first 3 floors fine except for one thing - I was trying to stall and ended up killing the keepers on their last turn but I wasn't healed. That means I killed one but was then killed by the next pre-emptive. I did use Echidna on floor 4 but I think I wanted to see if I could take a hit - I could not (probably should have just looked at the database); the lesson there is to kill it before it hits you. I stayed in floor 5 long enough to get Echidna back up (pretty sure I died here too but can't remember why). Get to the Gold Keeper, Echidna, gravities, then do what you can to get him gone before you run out of turns.

I thought I was done after getting one keeper (for Kirin) but I just saw that Siegfried has another evo that uses one also. Is that live is the US version?
EDIT: Make that 2 more because Cu also needs one.

razterik

Yeah, both Cu and Siegfried second ultimates are live. Physical Kirin and the ultimate mech evolutions are not. They all need a single gold keeper.

What team do you use?

Blue Sonia got me through with a maxed out friend. Tried Kirin twice and got orb trolled on the light keeper. Bastet took me to the end with a dark team, but fell a little short bringing down Gold Keeper.

Yeah, both Cu and Siegfried second ultimates are live. Physical Kirin and the ultimate mech evolutions are not. They all need a single gold keeper.

Good thing I was paying attention - I thought the Kirin evo was live and was going to do it but noticed the button wasn't 'glowing'. Hmm, use the keeper on Siegfried and go for a second to hold?

J0dy77

Managed to zero stone Gold Keeper twice with dual L/L Ra leads..
Need more Ra users : (
I only have 2 in my friend list =_=

How's everyone else fairing with Golden Keeper. I am considering running with Horus/Horus, Echidna, Viper, Susano and Yomi. Will I have enough time to stall for Viper delay? Or am I better off bringing a heart creator like Siren if I can meet the HP threshold?

Rekwest

Blue Sonia got me through with a maxed out friend. Tried Kirin twice and got orb trolled on the light keeper. Bastet took me to the end with a dark team, but fell a little short bringing down Gold Keeper.

I need a Blue Sonia.

Cleared it with Byakko, hardest part was the Dark Keeper, didn't think I could afford to use any cd on him so I just barely killed him on the last turn. Had a bit of luck with the Gold Keeper I guess, Gravity + a combo of the orbs that was available on the board brought him down to just above half HP. At that point 1 Byakko activation + Batman was enough to kill him.

Cleared it with Byakko, hardest part was the Dark Keeper, didn't think I could afford to use any cd on him so I just barely killed him on the last turn. Had a bit of luck with the Gold Keeper I guess, Gravity + a combo of the orbs that was available on the board brought him down to just above half HP. At that point 1 Byakko activation + Batman was enough to kill him.

Who's your Byakko team?

Here is my current team.

Byakko, Byakko, Enchilada, Vamps, SoD Luci, Byakko

I think eventually I will replace Luci with a Gravity. Is there any point in Hera Is over Hera if vamp already covers blue? Trying to Build the perfect Byakko team because I suck too much for my Kirin and have a lot of dark monsters leveled cause of my Luci team.

Who's your Byakko team?

Here is my current team.

Byakko, Byakko, Enchilada, Vamps, SoD Luci, Byakko

I think eventually I will replace Luci with a Gravity. Is there any point in Hera Is over Hera if vamp already covers blue? Trying to Build the perfect Byakko team because I suck too much for my Kirin and have a lot of dark monsters leveled cause of my Luci team.

Other than the second Byakko, I have this team as well. Probably switch in FA Luci for the second Byakko and see if I can do it. How are the drops in the dungeon?

I would love a much better way to get light keepers than hoping for them round four of rainbow keeper. (0/20 for light keepers over the past few weeks)

Other than the second Byakko, I have this team as well. Probably switch in FA Luci for the second Byakko and see if I can do it. How are the drops in the dungeon?

I would love a much better way to get light keepers than hoping for them round four of rainbow keeper. (0/20 for light keepers over the past few weeks)

I honestly haven't tried Gold Keeper yet. I'm kinda new to spike teams because luci takes to long and was getting beat in too many descends. I started Doing rainbow keeper with Byakko today and my lord the difference. I can finish it in a few minutes.

Top Bottom