• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

muu

Gargantuan Amon...
On one hand I don't want to see Astaroth ripped like that, otoh I'd like to see the fallout from a busty like that.

Tobe

Throw more money at gung-ho maybe then they'll realize we exist. Can't say I'm mad at them, they haves me the Eva collab which is oh so good.

Capel is this a Jp decision or based on the us?

Jinko

I've never had a Tamadra drop from a metal dungeon ya know .. ;.;

I feel like not spending any more money until we get fair treatment.

Jhriad

First world JP PAD problems:

QcNCln0l.jpg

I throw these things away in JP. I have a fully awoken siren just so I could free up some space.

And I got all excited because I got one Tamadra out of my 37 PAL pulls yesterday (one of the 3 Evo materials I got out of all those pulls with the others being shitty masks) and got another today from the Sapphire Dragon Dungeon.

:(

I need more Valk users on my friends list so if we're not already friends please add me! Also I'll probably be working up my Haku in addtion to Ra, Ronia, and Izanagi after my Valk is fully evolved so if you're looking for one of those down the line or need me to pop them up just say so! Jhriad@GAF : 362,499,287

I need more Valk users on my friends list so if we're not already friends please add me! Also I'll probably be working up my Haku in addtion to Ra, Ronia, and Izanagi after my Valk is fully evolved so if you're looking for one of those down the line or need me to pop them up just say so! Jhriad@GAF : 362,499,287

I added you. I also run Haku (putting together a REALLY nice team), Ra (working on L/L evo, 0/25 on light keepers on tuesday dungeons) and I have an Izanagi (though I only use him for team challenge dungeons)

My final main leader is SoD Luci, who I use for Dragons most of the time.

Didn't even think to abuse Ronia this way. I could try this team with a friend lead but not sure I'll have enough burst for the last two keepers. Healing is a pain in the ass for this dungeon.

My team would be the all Hera team with Ur, DQ and IS. Big Baddie and vamp filling out the other two slots. Could use a gravity on the dark keeper but not sure I'll have enough burst without the extra line bonus awakenings. What do you think?
Looks doable, but not sure about its reliability for farming. But it looks strong enough to take a shot on a test run to see how it fares. It's a matter of how you use your skills in the last 3 rounds. You'll probably be using 1 gravity for each of the last 3 rounds. If you use Vamp at the start of the Light Keeper battle, he'll be usable again against Dark Keeper if you use up all turns before Killing Light Keeper. Then you can use him against DK and have both Ronia and Vamp available against Gold Keeper. But the question mark is whether a gravity plus vamp is enough to take down DK.

BTW, I replaced Hera-Ur on my team with Loki, and he works much better.

Ronia (can switch places with DQ Hera)
DQ Hera (can switch places with Ronia)
Loki
Persephone
King Baddie
Ronia

Loki gives 2 Dark row enhances which are way more useful than Hera-Ur's awakenings, and his primary element is Dark which is better against Light and Gold Keepers. Lastly, his active is good for 3 turns so you can use it to kill off LK and have it carry over to DK for 2 more turns.

When I switched out Hera-Ur, I put Ronia in the lead. But after thinking about it, DQ Hera would probably be the better choice. 8.75x ATK is a big boost over 6.25x ATK, and with King Baddie against Gold Keeper that amplifies to 52.5x ATK vs 37.5x ATK. You lose the multiplier after preemptives, but the extra ATK should make up for that after you heal.

J0dy77

Looks doable, but not sure about its reliability for farming. But it looks strong enough to take a shot on a test run to see how it fares. It's a matter of how you use your skills in the last 3 rounds. You'll probably be using 1 gravity for each of the last 3 rounds. If you use Vamp at the start of the Light Keeper battle, he'll be usable again against Dark Keeper if you use up all turns before Killing Light Keeper. Then you can use him against DK and have both Ronia and Vamp available against Gold Keeper. But the question mark is whether a gravity plus vamp is enough to take down DK.

BTW, I replaced Hera-Ur on my team with Loki, and he works much better.

Ronia (can switch places with DQ Hera)
DQ Hera (can switch places with Ronia)
Loki
Persephone
King Baddie
Ronia

Loki gives 2 Dark row enhances which are way more useful than Hera-Ur's awakenings, and his primary element is Dark which is better against Light and Gold Keepers. Lastly, his active is good for 3 turns so you can use it to kill off LK and have it carry over to DK for 2 more turns.

When I switched out Hera-Ur, I put Ronia in the lead. But after thinking about it, DQ Hera would probably be the better choice. 8.75x ATK is a big boost over 6.25x ATK, and with King Baddie against Gold Keeper that amplifies to 52.5x ATK vs 37.5x ATK. You lose the multiplier after preemptives, but the extra ATK should make up for that after you heal.

I was thinking about using DQ Hera as the lead as well. It would make stalling easier in the earlier rounds since it is a wasted damage round while you heal back up from the preemptive hit, I wouldn't have to worry about over damaging and can max heal orbs. The down side would be losing at least a round against the light and dark keeper that I might not have.

BondFancy

use satan also, you could do wonders

Hmmmm that is a lot of hp, definitely would love to get him, combo'd up with two fully Awoken Odins for auto-heal I could withstand a lot more damage. Unfortunately I don't see myself beating that descended dungeon for awhile. Finally got a team that can take down the gateway descended, Hera at least.

I haven't gotten a Tamadra in weeks. Can't even remember the last time and I run as many daily exp dragon dungeons as I can catch. Been so long since a tamadra even appeared in one of those dungeons.

yami4ct

Thinking of giving Goddess Descended a go because having a Valk would be a huge boon to my Bast healer team. Here's what I was kind of thinking on for Legend level.

D'Spinas Ult Lvl 64
Awoken Hera lvl 22
Hera Lvl 13
Rainbow Keeper
Grape Dragon lvl 30
Luci friend

Am I absolutely crazy/doomed with this? Looking at the dungeon, I feel like this might work, but not even close to 100% confident.

Uthred

Thinking of giving Goddess Descended a go because having a Valk would be a huge boon to my Bast healer team. Here's what I was kind of thinking on for Legend level.

D'Spinas Ult Lvl 64
Awoken Hera lvl 22
Hera Lvl 13
Rainbow Keeper
Grape Dragon lvl 30
Luci friend

Am I absolutely crazy/doomed with this? Looking at the dungeon, I feel like this might work, but not even close to 100% confident.

You'll need to have 28,335 HP after multipliers to survive a Valkyrie Blade, I tried a few different teams against her so far today but none of them were evolved/levelled enough. Assuming you can get past the twin demons on Floor 4 I'd say you'll be ok with that team.

yami4ct

You'll need to have 28,335 HP after multipliers to survive a Valkyrie Blade, I tried a few different teams against her so far today but none of them were evolved/levelled enough. Assuming you can get past the twin demons on Floor 4 I'd say you'll be ok with that team.

Hmmm. Even with a Luci friend, I won't quite make that. Is there any good way to predict a Valk blade? If so, I could probably RK my way through it. I could drop Berry for another RK, but I'd be worried about not having a heart maker.

EDIT:

Looking at PADX, Valk Blade triggers at <40%. At that point, one gravity+Luci would kill her anyway. Seems like that would be the top way to avoid that.

Rahk

First world JP PAD problems:

QcNCln0l.jpg

I throw these things away in JP. I have a fully awoken siren just so I could free up some space.
Haha, stop opening your Tamadra mails everyday and save your box space, man! I've still got a Tamadra mail from 73 days ago (along with about 10 other recent ones) waiting to be used.

Looks like Astaroth's toy went to Amon's gym:

http://i.imgur.com/NN2i0BJ.jpg
I don't like this one. That ugly toy thing takes away all the focus from Astaroth. Hopefully it looks better when they detail him more.

J0dy77

Haha, stop opening your Tamadra mails everyday and save your box space, man! I've still got a Tamadra mail from 73 days ago (along with about 10 other recent ones) waiting to be used.

Ha! I would if I could read Japanese. Never know if it is a stone or a tamdra. It's hard enough knowing which dungeon I'm going into. Lol

Tobe

i dont know if you guys remember how my ex gf constatly fucked my dungeons runs a couple of months ago. today ive seen the light, the chick im going out with as friends (sucks tho but when she comes im def asking her out more like dating. (she currently is in nyc on vaction but we msg each other online) well the thing is, i said fuck it gonna iap to get shinji and kaworu and misato. 85 stones. rolled, 15 times HOLY CRAP ALL SILVER EGGS, i was pretty mad and well sad, then she messaged me, i said fuck one last roll, I GOT THE FUCKING GOLD EGG and it was shinji and kaworu (the one i wanted the most)

THIS GIRL IS A KEEPER.

Narras

Hmmm. Even with a Luci friend, I won't quite make that. Is there any good way to predict a Valk blade? If so, I could probably RK my way through it. I could drop Berry for another RK, but I'd be worried about not having a heart maker.

EDIT:

Looking at PADX, Valk Blade triggers at <40%. At that point, one gravity+Luci would kill her anyway. Seems like that would be the top way to avoid that.
Besides Valkyrie Blade, the things to watch out for are the Dark Golem's Genocide Bit attack if he charges up (it could do up to 25470 damage) and not having enough healing orbs during the Valkyrie fight. I have a max skilled Drawn Joker and things were still dicey on Legend. Also, hope that Valkyrie doesn't bind your leaders.

yami4ct

Went for it and got orb-trolled on the masks. I could endure two hits, but 3 was too much. Had I been able to get one more match, that one last mask would have went down and it would have been all good. Oh well. PAD gonna PAD. Should recover enough for one more try tonight.

Tobe

why is that only misato, a shinji&kaworu, asuka get awakenings? everyone should have them regarless of ult evos.

btw how do bind resist work, dtron has 2 which i guess covers them from light and dark binds. but asuka which is F/F she has only one, is she covered because she has only one element?

Yaari

Glad to have collected that Tama for S Ranking the Eva Collab. I "only" need 15 more, for the Pandora team. Lol.. not sure where to start.

why is that only misato, a shinji&kaworu, asuka get awakenings? everyone should have them regarless of ult evos.

btw how do bind resist work, dtron has 2 which i guess covers them from light and dark binds. but asuka which is F/F she has only one, is she covered because she has only one element?

Bind resist is as simple as it sounds, prevents the monster from being bound.

I used a green Odin team for blue pirate dragon, and after 50% she binds both leaders. With Ammy and Odin fully awoken the binds fail and you get a free turn. I also used that Ammy/GrOdin team on nebradisk, flash bind still bounced off Odin regardless of it just being his sub element.

Jagernaut

1 bind resist = 50% chance of resisting the bind.

2 bind resist. = 100% immunity to binds.

Tobe

ok i get it ty, that was something i didnt understand if it was based on element or chance.

shinji&kaworu gaf UNITE!!!!!! best attacker team lets go. with this shit ill be able to tackle through most descends that have giant hp monster on 1F, preemptive are still the biggest threat.

Question about skill guard: does it resist for the whole team? Or just the monster with it?

For example, say you go up against Heracles with fully awoken Horus and Yomi. Will they resist his skill bind just for themselves, or will they resist for the full team? If the latter, do the two of them each having it increase your resistance to 100%?

It's a team-wide resist because skill lock is a global debuff. And much like other global debuff resist awakenings each one only gives an additional 20% chance.

Jagernaut

Question about skill guard: does it resist for the whole team? Or just the monster with it?

For example, say you go up against Heracles with fully awoken Horus and Yomi. Will they resist his skill bind just for themselves, or will they resist for the full team? If the latter, do the two of them each having it increase your resistance to 100%?

I think each resist skill bind awakening is a 20% chance to block skill binds for the whole team. You would need 5 of those awakenings for 100% skill bind immunity.

razterik

Two and a half max skill Green Odins later, I get my first max skill Isis. Last skill up took 15 feeds. Isis, why are you so dumb? Time to move on to #2 while I wait for DA Lucifer to get his final four.

Planning to run Trifruits to hopefully finish Blue and Red Sonias, so let's see some Shiva out there tomorrow.

NineH

3/15 for FA Luci skill ups
0/10 for Grodin skill ups

No skill ups for isis as the red guy never drops for me. I'm starting to get tired of farming the EVA dungeon but I want to max skill my guys.

Ducarmel

What do you guys do with the Tenth Angel drop? Does not seem useful really.
Situational utility monster if you don't have UFO, Ra or Bane for mobs with high defense and cant use poison because of shield.

I will probably use him on my Haku team to take out Ifrit when farming Hera-ur

Top Bottom