• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Hige

How are REM rates in other dragonesques? Monster Strike's was total shit in terms of getting top tier mons, and after attempting to roll for a Peridot in this weekend's Extra Gacha in Dragon Poker I am now completely terrified of the REM in that game. Very few games seem to have an equivalent to PAD's godfests.
I kept notes when doing a "リセマラ" (reset marathon) on Pictlogica, and it's about 7% on average. I got 30 named characters in 444 pulls. They occasionally double (supposedly!) the rate for special events. But there's only about 30 premium characters total, so it's hard to compare it with PAD directly. Some people on twitter seem to have insane luck with like 20-30% drop rates instead of the 7% I get. If you buy gems, it costs about $3 a pull for the lower IAP options. Pricey.

What's also frustrating is they've added some characters that are just plain weaker than ones that have come out before, so there's a higher chance for bad pulls as they keep releasing new characters. Even then, the premium characters are still pretty good, but it's annoying knowing it's not the character with slightly better stats. :p

Even with PAD's REM trolling, it seems much better than other games in the genre from what I can tell.

Tobe

Ok so what the fuck is up with the skill ups? I just feed 15 tenth angels and got only 1 skill ups and that's on 3 batches of 5 wtf is up. Please let this be a bug or something skill ups can't be this bad on 2x

razterik

Sorry, I stole all skill ups today. Maxed Red Sonia with 2/2, DA Lucifer with 4/7, and finally got Blue Sonia done after 1/5. Want to be done with Trifruits, but still have to go back for ultimate dragons. Need blue fruits for Leviathan and Tiamat.

And then I fail my last run after a Tama dropped due to a dumb mistake. Well, time to rest.

Yaari

How long would it probably be before something that drops Hamahime comes around, that is not Tengu? As Hanzo needs a few skill-ups before I can use the team for relevant dungeons, I don't want to wait for these 2 months cycles.

I guess my only other option is getting a Tengu team ready otherwise.

Jagernaut

How long would it probably be before something that drops Hamahime comes around, that is not Tengu? As Hanzo needs a few skill-ups before I can use the team for relevant dungeons, I don't want to wait for these 2 months cycles.

I guess my only other option is getting a Tengu team ready otherwise.

We should be getting the Hamahime/Purple Chaser survey dungeon soon. When I max skill Hanzo he will be ready turn 1 so I won't be at the mercy of random orb placement when running twinlits with DTron.

Yaari

We should be getting the Hamahime/Purple Chaser survey dungeon soon. When I max skill Hanzo he will be ready turn 1 so I won't be at the mercy of random orb placement when running twinlits with DTron.

Really? Cool. Did we ever get one of these survey dungeons before, I don't quite recall.

Jagernaut

Really? Cool. Did we ever get one of these survey dungeons before, I don't quite recall.

Survey dungeon list
1. Dark Knight Sword
2. Blade of Justice
3. Dragon Guardian
4. Scarlet Snake Princess
5. Sword of Flames
6. Dragon in Motley
7. Hamahime/purple chaser - no English name yet.

Japanese players voted on twitter for these dungeons.

Yaari

Ah cool, thanks. Yeah I recall all of those but had no idea they were the so called survey dungeons. So we had them all except for the Hamahime one?

Hopefully we'll see it come around soon then. Maybe for the 3mil celebration. Once I get Hanzo some skill-ups I am comfortable feeding away some +'ed monsters.

Jagernaut

Ah cool, thanks. Yeah I recall all of those but had no idea they were the so called survey dungeons. So we had them all except for the Hamahime one?

Hopefully we'll see it come around soon then. Maybe for the 3mil celebration. Once I get Hanzo some skill-ups I am comfortable feeding away some +'ed monsters.

There is always a delay before the US version gets them, and we usually get the dungeons for a whole 2 weeks the first time. Hopefully we will get the new one after the Evangelion dungeon ends.

Sorry, I stole all skill ups today. Maxed Red Sonia with 2/2, DA Lucifer with 4/7, and finally got Blue Sonia done after 1/5. Want to be done with Trifruits, but still have to go back for ultimate dragons. Need blue fruits for Leviathan and Tiamat.

And then I fail my last run after a Tama dropped due to a dumb mistake. Well, time to rest.

how many did you have to feed to DA luci to max him? I'm 1/12 and feeling discouraged at the remaining 14 skill ups...

EDIT: Hanahime dungeon.... hopefully it's 15 stam for each level and we get a 2x drop. Otherwise that will be painful, but hey at least the odds are with me that I will get 1 chaser...

Yeah it's 15 stam/run. It's also the only survey dungeon to have a score attack on Expert this far.

Finally got my Dub-Amelit after ten nearly consecutive runs of Dubmyth drops. Still need two more for Lilith evo.

razterik

how many did you have to feed to DA luci to max him? I'm 1/12 and feeling discouraged at the remaining 14 skill ups...

Didn't keep track, but I figure it was somewhere around 60. Did pretty good overall, really. If you aren't doing Isis and/or Green Odin as well, I'm not sure how worthwhile it would be to keep trying. What teams are you running Lucifer in?

shinjijai

i really hate the twinlit dungeon, got orb trolled twice in a row, 100 stam gone down the drain =(

edit: too much rage, got orb trolled again.. that makes it 3 times in a row.

4 time now... holy shit, i should stop using haku for this. i just want to busty my shiva =(

Yeah it's 15 stam/run. It's also the only survey dungeon to have a score attack on Expert this far.

Finally got my Dub-Amelit after ten nearly consecutive runs of Dubmyth drops. Still need two more for Lilith evo.

If you want dublits run tier 6 colored dungeons on 1.5x. Drop rates are much better for less stamina, better exp, and better other drops(including king golds).

J0dy77

i really hate the twinlit dungeon, got orb trolled twice in a row, 100 stam gone down the drain =(

I was bashing my head against tri-fruit yesterday and had the same feeling. If they're going to make the dungeons completely random for every team outside of savant tier the stamina should be reduced. 25 Stamina would be fair on these dungeons and people wouldn't bitch as much.

Forgot to mention I tried Razterik's Shiva team in Trifruits yesterday. Super easy and way more reliable than Satan. Only way I could see losing is accidentally over-killing TAMA. And like people do with Ra and Lilith in Twinlits, you can set the board on TAMA, then kill it with Rodin without needing to make any matches.

razterik

Glad it worked out for you. I threw it together on a whim when Thursday mythical showed up and was amazed at how well it worked. Been thinking about refinements to limit Tama stalling, but the only thing I can think of is dropping Homura for a max Chiyome for the extra skill boost. Rodin could be switched for Ronia, but I use his skill to down the Tama about half the time. As long as Rodin is unbound, you can use him to move on with up to a 3 turn bind on anyone else.

Any other gaffers running busty Shiva? I need more in my list.

Are you my friend already? I run Shiva pretty often nowadays.

Forgot to mention I tried Razterik's Shiva team in Trifruits yesterday. Super easy and way more reliable than Satan. Only way I could see losing is accidentally over-killing TAMA. And like people do with Ra and Lilith in Twinlits, you can set the board on TAMA, then kill it with Rodin without needing to make any matches.

The great thing about running shiva team is that one red row blows up all the fruits on the tama level, and leaves the tama >50% hp. You should be able to stall no problem in that situation and set up your board.

linsivvi

I was bashing my head against tri-fruit yesterday and had the same feeling. If they're going to make the dungeons completely random for every team outside of savant tier the stamina should be reduced. 25 Stamina would be fair on these dungeons and people wouldn't bitch as much.

I found a Satan team with a Red ogre is quite consistent once you get used to when to attack with what orbs and when to use orb changers. As long as the starting board has either 3 dark orbs or 5 fire orbs you will be fine, and your orb changers will be ready as early as the 3rd attack. I use the damage calculator to make sure the attack will finish off the mobs, but that's optional if you're confident of your combo ability.

BondFancy

Alright, I just accepted you. Good luck with Hera!

dblfIDa.jpg

yj7jIeE.jpg

Thanks so much man, it took 2 hours but completely worth it!

Did you get to max skill jd??? That is a life saver on Hera

I used a dual Awoken Odin set-up which made it really easy long as I didn't miss a match every turn.

Jagernaut

Congrats on your first Hera. You should get a 2nd one, a lot of team lineups use double or even triple gravities.

Edit. You can wait until you level Hera, gravity will make future runs much faster.

BondFancy

Congrats on your first Hera. You should get a 2nd one, a lot of team lineups use double or even triple gravities.

Thanks man! and your right might as well go for gold LOL I have 38 stamina so I can grab another one in 20ish minutes! Was surprisingly easy minus the 90 mins it took.

Edit-
FUVEQlz.jpg

Luckily I've got this bad boy just for Hera and got her evo material! My big problem like always is team cost.

Jagernaut

Thanks man! and your right might as well go for gold LOL I have 38 stamina so I can grab another one in 20ish minutes! Was surprisingly easy minus the 90 mins it took.

Edit-
FUVEQlz.jpg

Luckily I've got this bad boy just for Hera and got her evo material! My big problem like always is team cost.

Hera's first form only takes 707,107 xp to max so don't feed the Noel to her until you evolve her. You don't want to waste 800,000 xp.

BondFancy

Hera's first form only takes 707,107 xp to max so don't feed the Noel to her until you evolve her. You don't want to waste 800,000 xp.

Yea definitely gonna waste that on her first form, lol. I made that mistake when I first played the game and fed a Tamadra to a trash mob x.x

Are you my friend already? I run Shiva pretty often nowadays.

The great thing about running shiva team is that one red row blows up all the fruits on the tama level, and leaves the tama >50% hp. You should be able to stall no problem in that situation and set up your board.

Not sure. 347,347,207 Just tell me what your in game name is so I know who you are.

I need ALL the Dark Shivas.

What are all the descends that Dark Shiva can tackle?

Tri-Fruits
Twinlits
Hera-Ur
Hera

Glad it worked out for you. I threw it together on a whim when Thursday mythical showed up and was amazed at how well it worked. Been thinking about refinements to limit Tama stalling, but the only thing I can think of is dropping Homura for a max Chiyome for the extra skill boost. Rodin could be switched for Ronia, but I use his skill to down the Tama about half the time. As long as Rodin is unbound, you can use him to move on with up to a 3 turn bind on anyone else.
Stalling for additional skills is actually not even necessary. It's just safer. If you set the board right, Gigas and Homura/Chiyome would provide enough Fire orbs to kill the Trifruits. You don't even need any extra multiplier like Freyr's 1.5x Fire ATK. The only one that might barely survive is the Blue Trifruit, since Fire is weak against it. But you get 2 turns to kill it, and the initial attack will knock it into its green life bar, making the follow-up attack strong instead of weak against it.

I can't seem to get Devilits anymore. I fed all of them to Dtron, and now they won't drop, so I can't get Dark Shiva quite yet.

Where are you guys getting all your Tamadras, though? I can't awaken shit because I almost never get those.

Jagernaut

I can't seem to get Devilits anymore. I fed all of them to Dtron, and now they won't drop, so I can't get Dark Shiva quite yet.

Where are you guys getting all your Tamadras, though? I can't awaken shit because I almost never get those.

I got most of mine from the jewel/metal dungeons during 2x king appearances. I usually use the free stone from that day to run them as much as possible.

J0dy77

I found a Satan team with a Red ogre is quite consistent once you get used to when to attack with what orbs and when to use orb changers. As long as the starting board has either 3 dark orbs or 5 fire orbs you will be fine, and your orb changers will be ready as early as the 3rd attack. I use the damage calculator to make sure the attack will finish off the mobs, but that's optional if you're confident of your combo ability.

My satan is under leveled and non awoken. I tried it a few times but got orb trolled going into round 2 every single time. I have to work on the red ogre to get those 2 skill reduction and avoid that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Man, I realized I really fucked up pulling the EVA REM a few days ago. Cost me 25 stones, which would've been more than enough to max Luci, Isis, and Grodin if I had saved them for stam refills. But I'm sitting on 7 stones which I doubt will be enough to pull it off even with stamina management, before the event ends. Oh well.

inky

Keep rerolling till you atleast get a god. It is not a godfest, so that could be awhile.

But once you get a strong starter, you can beat the next dungeons really fast too so you get another 5 for an additional roll within like 20-30 minutes probably.

I rerolled a few times yesterday and got a few gods: Viper Orochi, Thor, then finally Hermes which I played a bit with to get a sense of the game, but then I rerolled again today and got one that the OP mentioned:

801.png

I've been reading some guides and tips in between too, and I take it it's powerful, but kinda recommended for people who know what they are doing (so that means harder to use for a newb like me). I think I'll keep it anyway. It beats going through that tutorial for like the 7th time.
And I trust the OP like I said before :p

We'll see how this goes.

via Facebook said:
[KR] KR PAD reached 2 million downloads and cume. world download is at 30 million downloads. There will be a pre-event in KR PAD, a prelude before the main event for 2m download goes live. You will get 2 stones and 2 tamadras for 4 days starting Monday KR/JP time.

There will be usual x2 drop rate on daily dungeons but nothing special since this is a pre-event.

holy shit. where is the love??

YT Search Results

I can't find the original video I saw. That one had a Goemon sub. His skill was used to kill on the last floor. Check out the top 4 links. Some heavily plussed teams (paprika is in there), but should give you some ideas.

My hang up right now is the 2nd floor.

sweet, thanks.

Top Bottom