• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

razterik

Stalling for additional skills is actually not even necessary. It's just safer. If you set the board right, Gigas and Homura/Chiyome would provide enough Fire orbs to kill the Trifruits. You don't even need any extra multiplier like Freyr's 1.5x Fire ATK. The only one that might barely survive is the Blue Trifruit, since Fire is weak against it. But you get 2 turns to kill it, and the initial attack will knock it into its green life bar, making the follow-up attack strong instead of weak against it.

Never did the math, just stuck with what worked, haha. My team isn't all max level or awoken, so I will test out my damage levels in Endless later. If I can skip actives on Shiva and Freyr, I might switch in Ares, Ronia or Strawberry and power through.

After eating most of my stock of Devilits and five more drops, Dark Tron is max skilled. Man, my luck this week has been so good. I'm going to be sad when it swings back the other way.

Loving my current team.

Byakko
Byakko
Vamp
Dark joker
Echinda
Byakko

Hoping to score a Loki one day. Shame I didn't know the Eco dungeon has a good Enhance sub till it was too late.

colinp

Banned
I rerolled a few times yesterday and got a few gods: Viper Orochi, Thor, then finally Hermes which I played a bit with to get a sense of the game, but then I rerolled again today and got one that the OP mentioned:

801.png

I've been reading some guides and tips in between too, and I take it it's powerful, but kinda recommended for people who know what they are doing (so that means harder to use for a newb like me). I think I'll keep it anyway. It beats going through that tutorial for like the 7th time.
And I trust the OP like I said before :p

We'll see how this goes.

Nice catch! Don't worry about it being harder to use for newbs, I think that's BS. Having one you can grow with is good and will ultimately make you a better player in the end. What's your friend code thingy?

Tobe

you are lucky and kinda unlucky at the same time, since there is currently a dungeon used to skill up umiyama.

im out of spike teams, focusing on finishing dtron team then onto leveling up shinji and kaworu. tempted to roll for misato but its way too hard.

inky

Nice catch! Don't worry about it being harder to use for newbs, I think that's BS. Having one you can grow with is good and will ultimately make you a better player in the end. What's your friend code thingy?

That's nice to hear.

My ID is 301,704,360

BondFancy

Does anyone have a good spike team configuration for Umisachi&Yamasachi? I got them from Godfest and I am not quite sure how to properly use them, lol.

Hige

I rerolled a few times yesterday and got a few gods: Viper Orochi, Thor, then finally Hermes which I played a bit with to get a sense of the game, but then I rerolled again today and got one that the OP mentioned:

801.png

I've been reading some guides and tips in between too, and I take it it's powerful, but kinda recommended for people who know what they are doing (so that means harder to use for a newb like me). I think I'll keep it anyway. It beats going through that tutorial for like the 7th time.
And I trust the OP like I said before :p

We'll see how this goes.
I have a few friends with U&Y, they seem pretty good. I started the game with Horus (4x ATK when matching 4 elements), so I have experience with a similar ability trigger. You'll be able to get some more variety than I can in terms of team makeup since you already have a dual element monster. You'll get better with practice, and being able to change orbs is awesome, you'll see. :)

Yaari

Anyone planning to run King Carnival? I am wondering what team to go with. Getting a Super King on first floor could be an issue.

Paltros

you are lucky and kinda unlucky at the same time, since there is currently a dungeon used to skill up umiyama.

im out of spike teams, focusing on finishing dtron team then onto leveling up shinji and kaworu. tempted to roll for misato but its way too hard.
I'm sitting on 4 (fucking four!) Misatos and 0 S&K... S&K and Asuka were the only things I wanted from this Collab and I've already given up on rolling it.

BondFancy said:
Does anyone have a good spike team configuration for Umisachi&Yamasachi? I got them from Godfest and I am not quite sure how to properly use them, lol.
I also rolled them in the godfest and I'm still not very good at proc'ing them at will, it's hard enough to combo to refresh the board without also trying to keep as many of useful orbs somewhat close to each other. This is what I'm running with them right now:

U&Y, BOdin, Great Valk, Vamp, Echidna/Megalodran

I'll be changing that Vamp for a D/L Yomi whenever I somehow manage to get my hands on an angelit.

Which is the best place to farm mythlits? I ran the lowest level of the friday dungeon like 7 times yesterday and got exactly one mythlit.

razterik

Anyone planning to run King Carnival? I am wondering what team to go with. Getting a Super King on first floor could be an issue.

Have Horus or L/L Ra? Stuff them with your highest attack rainbow subs and match away.

Which is the best place to farm mythlits? I ran the lowest level of the friday dungeon like 7 times yesterday and got exactly one mythlit.

Twinlits is probably the best source of mythlits, but I wouldn't recommend it. With the weekend bonus rates, I would suggest the final stages of Tower of Nature, Polar Night Tower, or Tower of Flare. Don't expect them to show on every run, though.

So I just realized how good Pandora + Vamp is for a Byakko team, I kinda want a Dark Valk now to cover the red requirement and run a mono dark team.

J0dy77

Just run 4x HP time and you're fine. I usually run batman with Neptune, Lilith and a friend Lucifer. Takes a while but very safe.

Jinko

As mentioned above 4 x HP, I normally run Thanatos/Luci, Vampire, CDK, Persphone and a defence breaker.

Stall on round one until defence breaker is up and then trash them, you will need a defence breaker that rolls over to the next round, Shiva or Kuromi are good.

Quantum

as an update (I doubt anyone else is actually following my antics at this point)

I have sent as of this morning 16 emails to gunho. the first was a request to reactivate my account after having a factory reset happen while I was on vacation out of the country, ever other email was a response to their questioning.

each email from gungho comes at about 3:30 am est, and each one asks more specific questions.

I have not trolled the company, nor will I - at this point the questions have become insanely silly, they keep refining them and asking more and more exacting questions.

the simple answer I gave before about them not able to help is incorrect - I think they are bordering on inept at this point, and its almost comedy to read the responses.

so far: no go - they keep saying they will "investigate" and that I have not provided enough information.

so, for the record if you are playing and have a problem here are the things you need to tell them after you have a problem:

1) your ID
2) your name you use
3) your secret code
4) your rank
5) date and time you last played (exactly to the hour)
6) name at least 10 monsters you play with
7) time of your last dungeon clear (exact time - to the hour will not work)
8) screenshot of the last time you buy stones
9) detail of what happened.

you MUST have screen shots of your rank, if not it may delay the investigation
you MUST have screen shots of your last dungeon cleared, if not it will delay the investigation
you MUST have at least 5-10 monsters registered as favorites in your line up, if not they can not investigate.

if you bought stones:

you MUST have screenshots of you history of spending money, or send them a record of your google play account.

so, if you have - or are planning to spend money with gungho - KEEP RECORDS!

they are extremely nice to interact with, but completely - utterly - painstakingly inept. If I were an angrier person I would be fed up and would write terrible things about them - I really still like the game, but seriously they utterly suck.

oh, and *every* email that they send asking for more refined information ends with an infuriating polite sign-off as if I've done something wrong and they are trying their best to help after asking me for insanely specific details.

- We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope to hear from you soon.
- We sincerely apologize for the hassle, and we ask for your kind understanding.
- Thank you for your patience and cooperation, We look forward to your response
- We appreciate your patience and cooperation, We hope to hear from you soon
- Thank you for you patience and cooperation, and we are looking forward to your response.
- We apologize for the inconvenience, and we hope to hear from you.

Jinko

That is pretty stupid and good reason why this game needs a accounts system with a password.

It's like JP companies are frightening of account systems, yea I'm looking at your Nintendo.

J0dy77

First KoG run with very under leveled Heracles a resounding success. Orb trolled on rout 8, normally a wiped run turns into a clear. This is going to be much more consistent.

Rekwest

I usually run with:
Siren
Ice Samurai Ogre
Flame Armor Ogre
Blazing Ice Ogre
Top Droidragon
Awoken Odin(Friend)

It is very safe.

Kreed

You sir are awesome thank you!

Edit- Well darn I don't have any of the subs for a successful team with them x.x

You'll eventually pull or find most of those subs as you play the game. In the mean time, just get your hands on some delay monsters, shield users, gravity, and heart/orb changers.

That is pretty stupid and good reason why this game needs a accounts system with a password.

It's like JP companies are frightening of account systems, yea I'm looking at your Nintendo.

idk it's not like GungHo is incapable of making an account system, Princess Punt Sweets has one for example.

Quantum

idk it's not like GungHo is incapable of making an account system, Princess Punt Sweets has one for example.

I hope with the newest update your account is much safer - linking it either to game center or google play.

I just cant state it any clearer - keep really good records and take a ton of screenshots - if you have a problem you are probably screwed.

I was certainly unfortunate that my problems happened just before the last update and gungho is completely inept.

Didn't keep track, but I figure it was somewhere around 60. Did pretty good overall, really. If you aren't doing Isis and/or Green Odin as well, I'm not sure how worthwhile it would be to keep trying. What teams are you running Lucifer in?

Since he can turn into a five turn +orb generator I want to run him in Haku, devil and Luci teams. He is already fully awoken so he has +2 skill and +2 horizontal enhance.

Went a few more feeds still only the one skill up.

Tobe

I hope with the newest update your account is much safer - linking it either to game center or google play.

I just cant state it any clearer - keep really good records and take a ton of screenshots - if you have a problem you are probably screwed.

I was certainly unfortunate that my problems happened just before the last update and gungho is completely inept.

talk to caspel maybe he can do something for you. it sound as you have very good records. still its scary as fuck to lose an account, personally if something happen to mine and it couldnt be recovered i would pissed as fuck. probably around 500 usd on that acc.

Yaari

I went with Lucifer and Ra/Neptune/lilith subs. Quit for a long time so I forgot how easy it was that way.

I used like 7 stones, getting 3 runs per stone. My Pandora team got a nice boost.

Best stones spend ever. Would have taken me WEEKS of thrash mob feeding

razterik

That'll work, too. I like blasting through in four or five turns.

King Carnival has the best feed exp per stamina out of anything I have seen so far. Rank exp is highest among king dungeons and the gold isn't terrible either. I think it's pretty great all around.

Tobe

i need more dtron friends :( already at 65 stones from 80 and ive gotten 2 skill ups on luci and 1 on grodin....................................................................................

Yaari

Yeah I don't think I'm going to put too much effort into the skilling up anymore. I don't use that Lucifer often enough and I do like the idea of having him max skilled, but since I don't use the guy at all, I think I am going back to KoG farming and just rank up.

I really want to get a high rank, it feels great to refill stamina and get 3 runs of 50 Stamina dungeons, and I want even more of that.

Maybe I am just going to run KoG with every bit of stamina I get, a rank every day or so might be possible.

J0dy77

Yeah I don't think I'm going to put too much effort into the skilling up anymore. I don't use that Lucifer often enough and I do like the idea of having him max skilled, but since I don't use the guy at all, I think I am going back to KoG farming and just rank up.

I really want to get a high rank, it feels great to refill stamina and get 3 runs of 50 Stamina dungeons, and I want even more of that.

Maybe I am just going to run KoG with every bit of stamina I get, a rank every day or so might be possible.

I've been focused on trying to get to the 150 stamina barrier, I'm at 147 now. Getting that 3rd run from a stamina refresh is a big deal. Can't wait.

Tobe

I've been focused on trying to get to the 150 stamina barrier, I'm at 147 now. Getting that 3rd run from a stamina refresh is a big deal. Can't wait.

i still got a long way for that 150 stam bar. im at 114 which is not bad. 2 runs of 50 and a OoH run

Top Bottom