• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Aggrotek

Just got this guy. :)

976.png

Yaari

How many days it took you to get there?

I don't really know. You'd better ask someone else because I slacked for months, even quit for like 3 months. But I had my 400 day of playing a while ago. I should be 300+ but I often just waste tons of stamina failing dungeons, lol.

I think it won't be too difficult if you run the proper dungeons.

Uthred

Athena seems really lacklustre in terms of leader skill and stats, maybe her active is super handy or Im missing something? She doesnt seem worth the effort

Kreed

Athena seems really lacklustre in terms of leader skill and stats, maybe her active is super handy or Im missing something? She doesnt seem worth the effort

Her active is useful on a lot of team builds, but mostly green and light teams as well as Meimei and Leilan. She'll probably get a surge if and when Gungho makes Sonia equivalents with light sub typing.

J0dy77

Jealous of all of you /wishes I could run king carnival twice

That's the nice thing about this model, the more you player the easier it gets. Keep at it, you'll get there eventually.

How many days it took you to get there?

I'm coming up on 450 days and still not quite there. I spent a lot of time on Metal dragons trying to level teams. Shifted focus the past couple of months for +eggs and levels.

Jagernaut

*Weekday Shields*
[Duration]: 3/25 (Tues), 12:00 AM - 3/27 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Beware the blades of these Gods, Dragons, and Knights!

3/25 - Heroes Descended
3/26 - Takeminakata Descends!
3/27 - Breakers!

As a bonus for this special weekend, *1000 Pal Points* are being awarded to players each day!

**WARNING: You can only hold a max of 10000 Pal points--any points that go over this limit will be deleted!**

Mini weekday event instead of mini weekend.

Tobe

First grodin is max skilled, still got one to max skill, luci is missing 9 I think I can make it. Seems today the skill up rng is better.

razterik

Twin Dragons info.

Red/Blue/Green pirate drops, along with kings and evolved pengdra. Everything up to floor 6 hits for 11-12k on 1-2 timer. Kings have 100k armor.

Guaranteed drops from floor 6, so 1/3 chance at Red Odin Tamadra. High armor floor.

Red twin hits for 7k on 1 turn timer, Blue twin for 50k after 4 turns. 2.6 and 3.5 million HP respectively.

Videos.

razterik

Max skill poison or armor break with a few skill boosts seems to be the common strategy for that floor. But yeah, looks way easier than I expected.

Kreed

Max skill poison or armor break with a few skill boosts seems to be the common strategy for that floor. But yeah, looks way easier than I expected.

Not surprising since it's not a technical dungeon and stamina wise it's not as high as Legendary Earth. There's only so much Gungho can do with Normal dungeons besides high armor/high damage and cost restrictions. I'm more surprised they made it a no RCV dungeon.

A quick question about this video though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbRVZ7_2Vzg

Has Izanami's ability always worked like that? Where it stays active until you take a hit?

razterik

No RCV prevents easy Lucifer or tank clears, but it does make it simpler for power spike teams.

I never really though about it, but yeah, I think her active has always functioned that way. Since there are no preemptives to disrupt it, as long as you sweep each floor, a defense skill timer doesn't decrease. It's an ingenious use of her skill in that video.

Uthred

Trying to skill things up in this game is like staring into the cold uncaring face of the universe and having it spit on you

Tobe

Trying to skill things up in this game is like staring into the cold uncaring face of the universe and having it spit on you
Oh but if you get 3 skill ups in one shot is bliss. This game has a strong intermittent reinforcement system. Treats you bad then good the bad again. You don't know what to expect and that keeps you hooked.

Rahk

Oh but if you get 3 skill ups in one shot is bliss. This game has a strong intermittent reinforcement system. Treats you bad then good the bad again. You don't know what to expect and that keeps you hooked.
So we all have abusive relationships with PAD. :(

Dad is back...
Work kept me pad less, but i have returned!
Sooo
I have to get back in the gig..
Only descended i've miss ed are heracles and zombie dragon right?
Gaia ATM is japan only if i red correctly..
And green hera with a skill with the same effect of green zeus... What gives?

Tobe

any android gurus here? ive been and ios guy since day 1 so i just bought an android tablet (ive made sure it was kit kat capable, updates in android are a pain is the ass right?)

so living here in peru is there a way to have the american play store? is it like ios that just having a us address makes it possible? probably i should go to the android thread lol

Hige

I just got a mermaid from the pal machine! Haha, I've been running the siren/echidna dungeons about a million times trying to get some nice subs for my team with no luck. I'm currently rank 53.

I feel like I'm in a bit of a slump because the normal dungeons are getting harder, but I'm strapped for cash to level my team, and I haven't been able to get through the Friday dungeon for dublits to start evolving my team. -_- I've mostly failed because of dumb mistakes with a Resolve team, so I'll get it eventually. I've been spamming the weekend dungeon for money, but I hate missing out on the 1/2 stamina for Tower of Giants exp grinding.

Tobe

downloaded the apk and got pad in my tablet HOLY BALLS ITS BIG GODDAMN!!!!!! tho no hd lol looks like shit at least the menus. hoep i get a good roll.

muu

Twin Dragons info.

Red/Blue/Green pirate drops, along with kings and evolved pengdra. Everything up to floor 6 hits for 11-12k on 1-2 timer. Kings have 100k armor.

Guaranteed drops from floor 6, so 1/3 chance at Red Odin Tamadra. High armor floor.

Red twin hits for 7k on 1 turn timer, Blue twin for 50k after 4 turns. 2.6 and 3.5 million HP respectively.

Videos.

Guess I won't be running pirate dragons anymore...

colinp

Banned
I just got a mermaid from the pal machine! Haha, I've been running the siren/echidna dungeons about a million times trying to get some nice subs for my team with no luck. I'm currently rank 53.

I feel like I'm in a bit of a slump because the normal dungeons are getting harder, but I'm strapped for cash to level my team, and I haven't been able to get through the Friday dungeon for dublits to start evolving my team. -_- I've mostly failed because of dumb mistakes with a Resolve team, so I'll get it eventually. I've been spamming the weekend dungeon for money, but I hate missing out on the 1/2 stamina for Tower of Giants exp grinding.

Try running the Expert Weekend Dungeon with an Isis, Bastet or Kushinadahime friend. Someone who can give you a damage bonus with each match since it's SO EASY to make big matches with three colors. The key is to knock out everyone before they can attack you, easier said than done but it is possible! If you have Echidna that helps to delay the bosses (if any are on the same timer and you get hit you'll probably be one shot). Each run nets about 5K experience and 50k in gold. I've used it to quickly level up and make money past two weeks or so. About to hit rank 67 and I just broke a million in gold (during the week I've been evolving quite a bit so I'm sure I could have hit a million earlier if I didn't spend as much...).

I don't have a lot of friends with Isis, Bastet etc.. so sometimes I end up waiting for them to come back but you should be able to gain a few levels over the two days. And the amount of experience gained means it doesn't take too many runs to level up and reset your stamina. Use it in tandem with the ToG to level up when you don't have the necessary stamina for expert but just need another 3k or so exp to level up.

Hige

Try running the Expert Weekend Dungeon with an Isis, Bastet or Kushinadahime friend. Someone who can give you a damage bonus with each match since it's SO EASY to make big matches with three colors. The key is to knock out everyone before they can attack you, easier said than done but it is possible! If you have Echidna that helps to delay the bosses (if any are on the same timer and you get hit you'll probably be one shot). Each run nets about 5K experience and 50k in gold. I've used it to quickly level up and make money past two weeks or so. About to hit rank 67 and I just broke a million in gold (during the week I've been evolving quite a bit so I'm sure I could have hit a million earlier if I didn't spend as much...).

I don't have a lot of friends with Isis, Bastet etc.. so sometimes I end up waiting for them to come back but you should be able to gain a few levels over the two days. And the amount of experience gained means it doesn't take too many runs to level up and reset your stamina. Use it in tandem with the ToG to level up when you don't have the necessary stamina for expert but just need another 3k or so exp to level up.
Yeah, I got lucky with REM this past godfest and got Kushinadahime, so I've been trying her out for the weekend dungeon this weekend. She's such a boss since I can't make use of Horus in those dungeons. I saw I have enough HP to survive a hit from the last round of the expert dungeon, so I tried it with a Bastet and then an Isis friend. Still don't have echidna unfortunately, so I just have to work quickly. Kind of scared to try it without a friend that complements Kushi, but it looks like I can handle it now and get the better gold/exp to stamina ratios.

linsivvi

Twin Dragons info.

Videos.

Guess it's finally time to work on Tengu. Gonna need those skill boosts.

Kreed

Just had an ancient fire dragon drop on expert. These any good?

If you are still early in the game they have a very nice bomb attack with a short cool down (even more useful if you max skill them). They can be useful for certain "poverty" strategies as well (Ancient Fire is useful in Heroes Descended for example).

Dragon Poker trip report: EXP fountain got turned off; they accidentally made the last biweekly dungeon too good for grinding rank EXP and I managed to gain like 45 rank without breaking a sweat. The downside is that nobody's decks under rank 80 are trustworthy cause they probably don't have the stats to back up their rank due to said EXP fountain.

Also Ult Kirin pretty powerful I've been knocking out all these Descendeds I previously had major trouble with like they ain't a thing.

Kreed

Gungho continues to be creative with their conditionals. The new Sandalphon dungeon coming on the 27th prevents you from having more than one of the same monster on your team, including friend leaders (no clue if this includes different evolution forms).

suko_32

Ancient Fire Dragon...I think the last time I showed up I was running something like Hermes/I&I for this dungeon. Times have changed.

Jinko

Gungho continues to be creative with their conditionals. The new Sandalphon dungeon coming on the 27th prevents you from having more than one of the same monster on your team, including friend leaders (no clue if this includes different evolution forms).

Good job Valk/Bastet works pretty well then :D (or anything/bastet for that matter)

Ok I've been playing for awhile now, made it to rank 61, and I'm really struggling to progress. I'm on Polar Night Tower in the regular dungeons and Ice Maze in the technical dungeons. I feel like me team just isn't getting it done. I can typically get to the boss in either dungeon, but then I get stomped. Here's a pic of my monster box and my current team, any suggestions?
ratK41Bl.jpg

gEIUIlBl.jpg

colinp

Banned
Ok I've been playing for awhile now, made it to rank 61, and I'm really struggling to progress. I'm on Polar Night Tower in the regular dungeons and Ice Maze in the technical dungeons. I feel like me team just isn't getting it done. I can typically get to the boss in either dungeon, but then I get stomped. Here's a pic of my monster box and my current team, any suggestions?

Have you taken a look at this?

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=17250

I think you should focus on evolving your Kirin and Echidna to get some more HP. I started to do so around that level. It is 100% possible to get a dub-mythlit, just takes patience and maybe some stones. Gather the other necessary mats the rest of the week! I used a friends Awoken Odin to get the necessary keepers. This protected me at full health from getting one shot. If the two bosses were on the same timer I was kinda SOL though, hah, so I had to redo a few times if I recall. I would drop that red/blue guy with 724 hp in favor of a Blazing Ice Ogre like I have. That's an easy HP and attack boost. 724 is too crazy crazy low! You can pretty easily get the blue ogre from the second technical dungeons and just ult evolve him.

I'd also drop the red dragon for a dub-Amelit or dub-mythlit to get some purple damage going. I don't think you need so much red as you need at least some dark in the early goings. I really want to use a keepe of dark but the team cost is too high for me atm.

Here's my team for comparison. Not perfect but getting the job done while I level and try to gather the rest of my team.
ptwrcwY.jpg

ratK41Bl.jpg

gEIUIlBl.jpg

You should do level 3 of tower of giants over and over on weekends til you hit about rank 95. It will give you more team cost and stamina to work with, and at your rank you should be able to farm it nonstop. Otherwise, you need to start working on a team to do descends like 2 heroes and hera so that you can get some important utility mobs for your kirin team. One thing I would recommend is trying to farm some ripper dragons, they are useful for their orb change nuke and their 50% elemental resist. Those should be your short term projects for now, and once you have a strong foundation for subs, you will notice that you clear dungeons much easier.

Twin Dragons info.

Videos.

no RCV? hell yes! that's a guaranteed 1 out of 3 runs to no stone with my RA team! At least that's how often I can make Satan and Sky dragon rush work... even if I have to stone it's usually REALLY low stones with a RA team. I usually had better luck with satan than sky dragons because of the preemptives.

Top Bottom