• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Have you taken a look at this?

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=17250

I think you should focus on evolving your Kirin and Echidna to get some more HP. I started to do so around that level. It is 100% possible to get a dub-mythlit, just takes patience and maybe some stones. Gather the other necessary mats the rest of the week! I used a friends Awoken Odin to get the necessary keepers. This protected me at full health from getting one shot. If the two bosses were on the same timer I was kinda SOL though, hah, so I had to redo a few times if I recall. I would drop that red/blue guy with 724 hp in favor of a Blazing Ice Ogre like I have. That's an easy HP and attack boost. 724 is too crazy crazy low! You can pretty easily get the blue ogre from the second technical dungeons and just ult evolve him.

I'd also drop the red dragon for a dub-Amelit or dub-mythlit to get some purple damage going. I don't think you need so much red as you need at least some dark in the early goings. I really want to use a keepe of dark but the team cost is too high for me atm.

Here's my team for comparison. Not perfect but getting the job done while I level and try to gather the rest of my team.

You should do level 3 of tower of giants over and over on weekends til you hit about rank 95. It will give you more team cost and stamina to work with, and at your rank you should be able to farm it nonstop. Otherwise, you need to start working on a team to do descends like 2 heroes and hera so that you can get some important utility mobs for your kirin team. One thing I would recommend is trying to farm some ripper dragons, they are useful for their orb change nuke and their 50% elemental resist. Those should be your short term projects for now, and once you have a strong foundation for subs, you will notice that you clear dungeons much easier.
Thanks guys. This will give me something to work towards. I appreciate the help!

Nice. Fire Whiskey is the last one I need to max skill and awaken. Need 2 more skill-ups. It just sucks having to guess how many to stock-up for the next skill-up event. I could also just not wait and feed until maxed, but that's just asking for a rage meltdown.

Gungho continues to be creative with their conditionals. The new Sandalphon dungeon coming on the 27th prevents you from having more than one of the same monster on your team, including friend leaders (no clue if this includes different evolution forms).
Yeah, it's not much of a limitation if you can use different evo forms.

And if it is tank friendly Luci/Batman is a pretty decent team as well...
A reason for players to keep their Dark Noels?

Kreed

Data for Ragnarok collab came down, so we might see that descend next event. Get your 4 star teams ready.

Nice, I'll finally have blue/green orb enhance for my Karin team. Blue physical teams should get a nice boost with this guy around now too. Guess I better start leveling up my spare Vampire.

razterik

He gives 3 turns between attacks and hits about 20k at most. Tank it and wear him down. Flame chaser, unevolved Batman or elementals.

Totakeke

2 out of my 5 rank S eva attempts pops the rare invade which I subsequently die to.

Gungtrolled. :(

So far I have made it once to the last boss but I can't do enough damage to kill him.

With all the bashing Gungho has received lately from everyone here(including me) I like to point out that I am glad Gungho is finally deciding to address one of our biggest complaints and bring over all these collab dungeons that we need. But still, fuck skill ups.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
With all the bashing Gungho has received lately from everyone here(including me) I like to point out that I am glad Gungho is finally deciding to address one of our biggest complaints and bring over all these collab dungeons that we need. But still, fuck skill ups.

<3

Althane

Did a run of the Ancient Fire Dragon dungeon while I was walking to a parking lot. On Int, just because I wasn't paying attention to the board really.

Ended up netting the Ancient Fire Dragon. Sweet. Is he worth keeping around as anything more than a trophy (level 1 trophy, baller).

Just did the ancient dragons again with my shiva team. One shotted the boss with 3 rows + 9 or 10 combos from skyfalls, with each of my guys hitting for ~1.5 mil. Feels good man.

On a related note, did they nerf the boss's hp? I remember when I did it last time i barely dented him.

razterik

He got his HP cut in half around when they released the extreme dragon rush that included the whiskeys. It carried over into his own dungeon as well. He was previously at 10 million.

He got his HP cut in half around when they released the extreme dragon rush that included the whiskeys. It carried over into his own dungeon as well. He was previously at 10 million.

No wonder. Previously i did it with anubis and I remember hitting that 10x multiplier and doing maybe 1/20 of his life bar.

Althane

Ancient dragons make great subs when you need to fill a slot, and they have a quick breath active for general damage.

Kind of wish I had gotten something other than the Red one then. My red team is pretty good overall. I'll take a look at the stats and see if I should replace anyone.

Current Red team is:

L: Goddess of Arts, Ame
1: Red Ripper
2: Empress of Serpents
3: Gigas
4: Phoenix Knight Homura

Kind of splitting XP between Ame and Echidna, but I should probably look to max level one of them. I really need to put together a team for a Descended or something, and I guess my monored team is good enough for farming.

What's the best Descended to begin with? Hera-Ur? Or Thief?

Kind of wish I had gotten something other than the Red one then. My red team is pretty good overall. I'll take a look at the stats and see if I should replace anyone.

Current Red team is:

Kind of splitting XP between Ame and Echidna, but I should probably look to max level one of them. I really need to put together a team for a Descended or something, and I guess my monored team is good enough for farming.

Hera and 2 Heroes are your best bets. You will need gravities to tackle some of the harder descends. Also, dont level up echidna past level 30 or so. She has a 4 million exp curve and a terrible stat growth later on. I would only go back to echidna once your leader is maxed and you have decent levels on your other monsters.

A reason for players to keep their Dark Noels?

Probably? That could work, but their HP and ATK really are no good compared to their angel counterparts.

Another 4* dungeon? I thought that this was a 5* dungeon? 5* I have in spades, 4* will be tough. I *MIGHT* run an "attacker" team around Kauru or Rei, Asuka/Mari would be better but the REM has been very mean to me this collab (well, really every Collab).

EDIT: Porings are nice, haven't seen them in a while, the Minerva and Susano skill ups look nice, but if they don't drop evo'd I really don't need another "project" FA Luci has enough space in my box...

Kreed

Current Red team is:

You could probably drop the Red Ripper for Ancient Fire Dragon. Unless you like the orb changing abilities, the Ancient Fire Dragon's active skill power and much lower cool down (especially if you skill it up) will be really helpful.

Probably? That could work, but their HP and ATK really are no good compared to their angel counterparts.
In this case, leader skill is more important than raw stats.

Another 4* dungeon? I thought that this was a 5* dungeon? 5* I have in spades, 4* will be tough. I *MIGHT* run an "attacker" team around Kauru or Rei, Asuka/Mari would be better but the REM has been very mean to me this collab (well, really every Collab).
5* would be too easy. It would qualify a lot of the top Gods like Horus, Sakuya, Luci, etc..

razterik

EDIT: Porings are nice, haven't seen them in a while, the Minerva and Susano skill ups look nice, but if they don't drop evo'd I really don't need another "project" FA Luci has enough space in my box...

5* dungeon is the PADZ collab.

Ragnarok Legend drops evolved forms, although Minerva drop is 1/3 chance for evolved vs the unevolved. I want the Bastet skill up most, but will be farming for pretty much everything if I can get a decent team going.

Well I tried to run the ancient fire dragon legend a few times, but failed both times. Funny enough my first attempt with my mono-green / Gigas / light team did better then my 2nd team lol. And my first team I accidently used Angelion which was completely useless until the boss started changing water to light.

My 2nd attempt was with Dark Minerva x Echidna x Siren x Gigas x Fire Mechdragon x Demolishing Shiva

My attack was MUCH higher but my RCV was not high enough to full heal each turn around and I got Gungtrolled on floor 5 and tried to create a full heal cascade and it ended up being crap so they got me. I'm thinking this team has potential but will need to work on the RCV. But if I trade HP for RCV, then I'm likely to die from floor 5 again even easier or possibly get trolled at the boss. Seems I was getting a minimum 30-40% less health orb drops fighting the boss the first time around then during the previous floors. I hate that, really do.

Anyway, could you guys maybe give some team build suggestions to take this one down?

http://www.padherder.com/user/IAmRandom31/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0;default,0

That is my current box, fully updated.

Ducarmel

Anyway, could you guys maybe give some team build suggestions to take this one down?

http://www.padherder.com/user/IAmRandom31/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0;default,0

That is my current box, fully updated.
Your best shot is spike team

Okuninushi lead / Seiryuu / Aldebaran / Artemis / Echidna / friend Bastet, kushinada or Okuninushi if you have the guts Anubis friend works too.

Don't worry about no dark orbs your goal here is to hit hard with that x16+ combo, it helps a lot to have Echidna up by the time you reach the boss so make sure you stall as long as possible. Also will help if Seiryuu skill is up around the time your spiking the boss down.

I would recommend a Kushinada friend lead because this being a tri-color dungeon it is easy to get 8+ combo on just skyfall and get a higher atk multiplier with her.

If you need a Kushinada friend mine is up nexus@gaf 368,865,267

Anyone here have a D/D anubis? I just want to nuke the ancient fire dragon dungeon with 225x to see how high I can get my damage. Highest mutliplier i hit was 150x with kushi and anubis on 25 combos and I think i was hitting for close to 50 million damage per monster.

coy

Any reason given why whiskey is only for a week?

After my good luck with Yomi (5/10 to max skill), it was bound to swing the other way. I am dedicated to Green Pirate dungeon these 2 weeks, but I thought taking yesterday off to finish ADK (still at skill lv2) would be okay. After spending 4 stones with a rank up in there as well, I proceeded to go 0/20 on skillups. Cannot be mad at the stupid luck so I just laughed it off and knew I'd get it good again in the future.

lol
Under a stroke of luck, I just got a Dark Keeper from the Green Keeper dungeon.
So at long last, I evolved my Haku!
e282231be18ad172098e81febdb960fe_zpsc9b88c99.jpg
I got a supreme king metal dragon to fuse her with, as well as two tamas. But I also have a dupe Haku. Should I fuse her too and hope for a skill up or just leave her in the box to use as a 2nd active when I have enough cost points?

Paltros

So I was looking into the Ragnarok Collab Legend dungeon, and came up with these 2 teams from what scraps I have in my box (really hate to think I'll have to second guess myself every time before evolving monsters due to these low cost dungeons):

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/simulator.asp?q=1137.70.1.0.0.0.0..925.70.1.0.0.0.0..99.70.1.0.0.0.0..107.70.1.0.0.0.0..23.70.1.0.0.0.0..352.35.1.0.0.0.0..

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/simulator.asp?q=695.50.1.0.0.0.0..684.50.1.0.0.0.0..699.50.1.0.0.0.0..689.70.1.0.0.0.0..695.50.1.0.0.0.0..695.50.1.0.0.0.0..

None of these monsters are anywhere close to max level right now (I haven't even evolved my samurai goblin yet), but which one should I focus on to hopefully have ready for whenever this comes along? Here's my padherder in case I'm missing any potential team there:

http://www.padherder.com/user/Daltrus/

lol
Under a stroke of luck, I just got a Dark Keeper from the Green Keeper dungeon.
So at long last, I evolved my Haku!

I got a supreme king metal dragon to fuse her with, as well as two tamas. But I also have a dupe Haku. Should I fuse her too and hope for a skill up or just leave her in the box to use as a 2nd active when I have enough cost points?

I use two haku's. Love having that extra skill.

J0dy77

ss01_54b8ex.jpg

No duplicate monsters for the sandalfon dungeon.
Maybe not such a big deal.

Should be easy for the normal spike teams. This goes directly against the recent Ronia/Hero stacking teams. Horus/Kirin/Isis, pair any of them together and should be fine.

Kreed

Should be easy for the normal spike teams. This goes directly against the recent Ronia/Hero stacking teams. Horus/Kirin/Isis, pair any of them together and should be fine.

Still have to see the dungeon itself, but Red Sonia would be fine since there are plenty of other devil leads to take advantage of (Hera-Ur, DQ Hera, Satan, Loki). Same goes for Green and Blue Sonia. Heroes would be more of an issue, but there's plenty of mono leaders to take advantage of, particularly the new x3 spike leads.

Top Bottom