• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

razterik

Fair warning, don't run Gold Keeper without 2x. Nothing drops except maybe the Gold at the end. I died on him and didn't even care because it was such a waste of time and stamina.

Jagernaut

A long time back I could only beat Ancient Fire Dragon on master and it took a while. Now I crushed legend using a dual Bastet team with Echidna, Siegfried, Abyss Neptune, and BOdin. He never got a chance to attack.

A long time back I could only beat Ancient Fire Dragon on master and it took a while. Now I crushed legend using a dual Bastet team with Echidna, Siegfried, Abyss Neptune, and BOdin. He never got a chance to attack.

Haha Anubis D/D ult evo is even more ridiculous. i hit 150x last night and was doing some ridiculous damage.

Fair warning, don't run Gold Keeper without 2x. Nothing drops except maybe the Gold at the end. I died on him and didn't even care because it was such a waste of time and stamina.
Yeah, I just discovered this when I ran the dungeon once to test my new Tues GK team. Only got 3 eggs including the boss.

I use my Ronia as a sub, but lead with DQ Hera for the extra firepower. 8.75x ATK compared to 6.25. I've found 2.5x RCV to be sufficient to heal after preemptives.

DQ Hera
Ronia
Persephone (Will switch to another Ronia once I level and awaken her)
Loki
King Baddie
Ronia

First 3 Keepers are straight forward. Charge and kill if they get close to 25% health, because you don't want to accidentally let one survive below 25% health on a turn it attacks. On LK, heal after preemptive. Set the board for Persephone (not necessary if using a third Ronia), then activate Loki and Perspephone and 1-shot it before it attacks. On DK, activate Ronia and 1-shot it (Loki will still be active). On GK, clear garbage orbs and stay healed-up until shield wears off. Pop Ronia, Hera, Baddie, and 1-shot it.

Edit: Forgot another perk to leading with Hera. After preemptives, attack is reduced to 2.5x while you make a large combo to heal. So there's significantly less danger of prematurely killing a Keeper or getting it below 25% HP. So her conditional becomes a strength instead of a weakness in this dungeon.

Jhriad

ss01_54b8ex.jpg

No duplicate monsters for the sandalfon dungeon.
Maybe not such a big deal.

Wish more dungeons were like this. Makes it more interesting than stacking Haku/Ronia/Whatever + one of them as a sub like I see on a lot of team comps.

Jhriad

Well you would have to come up with the monsters yourself. It encourages people to keep dupes and level them up, and not be too pissed off when they pull dupes.

Which is great but I think some game mode variations are nice changes of pace and this forces more variety in team compositions. I think a few future dungeons playing with team sizes would be a nice bit of variety as well.

Ducarmel

Well you would have to come up with the monsters yourself. It encourages people to keep dupes and level them up, and not be too pissed off when they pull dupes.

I think the way to deal with dupes is just multiple evolution trees and each one having unique strengths and weaknesses. Vampire is the only one I think that balances this out well you cant definitely say one version is better then the other.

A descend god monsters only conditional dungeon could work, like the only dragons rule in Zombie dragon.

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo

*30 Million Worldwide/3 Million North America Downloads Event*
[Duration]: 3/28 (Fri), midnight - 4/10 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PDT)

It's a momentous occasion for all of us! Thanks to your love and loyalty, Puzzle & Dragons has reached an incredible 3 million downloads. This event is to commemorate both our gratitude to you and renew our excitement for what's to come! As of this event, we've planned quite a bit--we had to split it into two parts! Stay tuned--there's loads more great things coming soon!

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
3/28 - 4/3 - 1 Magic Stone
※Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② New Pal Egg Monsters Added
Some new pals have just arrived at the Pal Egg Machine! The list of added monsters includes:
- Light Sprite Pixie
- Midnight Beast Werewolf
- Beast of the Labyrinth, Minotaur
- Cockatrice
- Centaur
- Cyclops
- Wicked Lady
And last, but not least, the Baby TAMADRA!

■③ Gift from Heaven
We love the gift dungeons, don't you? It's like you go there just to get free monsters! I wonder what's in there this time? Whatever it is, you can only run this dungeon once, so don't forget about it!

■④ Awesome New Collabs
Are you ready for things to get meta? GungHo is collaborating... with itself! Both the GungHo and the Ragnarok Odyssey ACE Collab will be appearing, presenting exciting opportunities for special dungeons and rare monsters!

■⑤ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
3/28 - Tengu!!!
3/29 - ???????????
3/30 - Izanami Descends!
3/31 - Zeus Descended!
3/31 - 4/6 - GungHo Collaboration
4/1 - RO ACE Collab
4/2 - Hera Descended
4/3 - Hera-Is Descended!

■⑥ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
3/28 - 4/3 - Jewel/Metal King Dragons

1.5x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

■⑧ Part Two!
The 3 Million Downloads Event is split into two portions, so keep checking in every day to see what else we have to announce!

Godfest info is on the way!

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t
My annotations where relevant. Awesome event!

Tobe

CASPEL <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 TAMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSS 2x skill up 2 x everything FUCK YEAH

edit: eu is getting tamas, i hope the us gets tamas too :) caspel pls!!!!

Jonsoncao

Banned
Anybody knows any chance for Batman collab to return this year?

I had just started to play this game while it was around last time and didn't want to waste stones in the egg machine...

Jagernaut

CASPEL <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 TAMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSS 2x skill up 2 x everything FUCK YEAH

edit: eu is getting tamas, i hope the us gets tamas too :) caspel pls!!!!

We are getting free stones for the first half of the event, there's a good chance that we will get Tamadras for the second half.

razterik

Anybody know of any teams to clear challenge mode Legendary Earth? That's the last normal challenge dungeon I need to clear.

Off the top of my head, I remember seeing one that was something like Shiva/Tengu/Blue Odin/Blue Odin/Blue Odin/Echidna? Think that needs a max skill Shiva and some luck on the first stage. All with max skill, but Green Odin/Green Odin/Green Odin/Tengu/Mk.III Golem/Echidna maybe?

Nice. 2x skill-up again before EVA ends. And LOL at the exclamation for baby TAMA in the PEM like people would rather have that than a full TAMA. Nice about adding 1.5x rate for Greats and Supers too.

Off the top of my head, I remember seeing one that was something like Shiva/Tengu/Blue Odin/Blue Odin/Blue Odin/Echidna? Think that needs a max skill Shiva and some luck on the first stage. All with max skill, but Green Odin/Green Odin/Green Odin/Tengu/Mk.III Golem/Echidna maybe?
Thanks. I don't have a max skill Shiva or Grodin so I guess it'll have to wait unless I figure another team.

yami4ct

Ran Heroes Descended to give my Vampire Duke D/W team a good test run fully expecting to lose and find out where to improve. Low and behold, I actually cleared it pretty easily. Even was able to survive 3 synched Vampires without stoning. Got a Berserker out of it. Would have preferred a Highlander, but there's always next time. Any new Heartbreaker is good to have. Overall, team is way more powerful than I expected. Should be really ready by the time Goddess Descended rolls back around (my real reason for building this team).

Quantum

Last update:

My game was restored this morning.

20 e-mails over three weeks.

I am very appreciative that the company was able to restore my game, but I think the hoops I had to jump through were insane.

If the restore system/customer service department is not inept, then there was what felt like an active attempt by the company to get me to politely stop asking questions.

I was asked to submit the same information multiple times, I was asked to pinpoint the exact time and date I was in a dungeon. I was asked to provide screen shots of multiple play sessions including my secret number, my account number.

fortunately I did have all of this information and have my account back - the restoration process was interesting as well - I had to re-download the game and give my new game number to gungho and change my in-game name to something specific that they created - 24 hours later I logged in and my game was re-written remotely and I now have my original account number and my original secret number.

This means to me that gungho should have an account system - they had all the data available for restoration after an extensive verification of my account and information.

Not that gungho needs my support (as well as they are doing), I am happy that I have my account back and it is now linked/backed up to an e-mail address created just for the game - due to my new found 'security' I intend to buy stones during the next god fest.

linsivvi

Nice. 2x skill-up again before EVA ends. And LOL at the exclamation for baby TAMA in the PEM like people would rather have that than a full TAMA. Nice about adding 1.5x rate for Greats and Supers too.

Thanks. I don't have a max skill Shiva or Grodin so I guess it'll have to wait unless I figure another team.

I have seen it work with a max skill Susano and skill level 2 Shiva. 10 skill boosts, take 1 hit, 3 Echidna turns, take 1 hit, 5 Susano turns, take 1 hit. That's 21 turns.

Otherwise, be a combo god like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CAe_ZEgxklg#t=289

I highlighted the boss fight because of how he basically did change the world on the fly.

razterik

Hmm. Minerva? Roll the dice that one of the highs in round one is fire. Minerva/Green Odin/Green Odin/Green Odin/Tengu/Red or Blue Odin. Still need friends all awoken and max skill except Tengu and the final Odin. Only have to heal about 1700 HP per turn in the first round until skills are back up.

Edit: Blah, too focused on first round. You'd need a ruby high or king on stage 3 as well to stall and recover Odins. Those are bad odds for the stamina cost. Not even sure Minerva's armor break carries over like the others do.

Last update:

My game was restored this morning.

20 e-mails over three weeks.

I am very appreciative that the company was able to restore my game, but I think the hoops I had to jump through were insane.

Happy end? Glad to hear you finally got your account back.

Yaari

I hope there will be some plus egg bonus of some sort, I've been working on a team to farm the x5 tech dungeon, would be nice to put it to use.

I wonder if I can make an easy team for Tengu, never finished it and I want my Hamahime.

Jagernaut

Re: Gift from Heaven.

I already have a Leviathan and Divinegon so I'm wondering which would be more useful, ultimate Ifrit (dragon/devil) for my Ronia team or ultimate Tiamat (dragon/attacker) for DTron.

Kreed

Re: Gift from Heaven.

I already have a Leviathan and Divinegon so I'm wondering which would be more useful, ultimate Ifrit (dragon/devil) for my Ronia team or ultimate Tiamat (dragon/attacker) for DTron.

I would vote for Dark Metatron since good attacker subs are harder to get. But thanks for pointing this out. Guess I'll go ahead and get the whole set so I can ultimate evolve them for this purpose (only one I'm missing is Fafnir).

colinp

Banned
I would vote for Dark Metatron since good attacker subs are harder to get. But thanks for pointing this out. Guess I'll go ahead and get the whole set so I can ultimate evolve them for this purpose (only one I'm missing is Fafnir).

Would a Divinegon or Tiamat be more worthwhile on a Kirin team? Or maybe neither, hah?

Tobe

12 pulls finally got a tama from pem. Yomi is finally max awoken again. Man she just needs 1 skill up and 2 levels for that max/max.

With the 6 free tamas plus the one on breakers. I'm done awakening my dtron team(well my regular subs, yomi, gryps, Arthur,Hanzo)

To awaken the Eva rem I got spares. (except shinji&kaworu)

Kreed

Would a Divinegon or Tiamat be more worthwhile on a Kirin team? Or maybe neither, hah?

Yeah I can't see either of them being useful for a Kirin team. Tiamat is dark, so you wouldn't want to run him on a Kirin team at all, and since you're trying to make matches with Kirin and won't be making many light orb row matches, I can't see Divinegon being useful except for his 1.3x light attack active, and that's not really worth the spot over other subs.

colinp

Banned
Yeah I can't see either of them being useful for a Kirin team. Tiamat is dark, so you wouldn't want to run him on a Kirin team at all, and since you're trying to make matches with Kirin and won't be making many light orb row matches, I can't see Divinegon being useful except for his 1.3x light attack active, and that's not really worth the spot over other subs.

Yeah I figured as much. I guess even Divinegon ultimates aren't worth the spot over subs either. Thanks!

I have seen it work with a max skill Susano and skill level 2 Shiva. 10 skill boosts, take 1 hit, 3 Echidna turns, take 1 hit, 5 Susano turns, take 1 hit. That's 21 turns.

Otherwise, be a combo god like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CAe_ZEgxklg#t=289

I highlighted the boss fight because of how he basically did change the world on the fly.
Okay, this is the single most impressive PAD run I've ever seen! Yes, even better than Anubis/Anubis Athena clear. So many times I thought s/he would be dead if I didn't already know it was a successful run. And it even ends by barely killing Zaerog on the last possible turn. I'm sure there were many failures leading up to this successful run, but that doesn't diminish the skill displayed in this run.

J0dy77

Okay, this is the single most impressive PAD run I've ever seen! Yes, even better than Anubis/Anubis Athena clear. So many times I thought s/he would be dead if I didn't already know it was a successful run. And it even ends by barely killing Zaerog on the last possible turn. I'm sure there were many failures leading up to this successful run, but that doesn't diminish the skill displayed in this run.

Yeah, that's amazing matching. I'm going to work on getting Ra twinlits after I use the dark version to clear the new normal dragon dungeons.

I am 100% stealing that move he did a few times, stacking three matches in the bottom left corner then coming over the top and back up to line them up as two diagnol and an L in the corner. That's a huge setup for the next turn.

It's my birthday so I Pulled the Eva REM (just because)

Got Shinji &Kaworu Unit 13! Water Cannon! Should go nicely as a Leader or on a Luci team. Unfortunately, both would require my Ammy to sub (to use double cannon for luci team, or heal above 80% on Attacker team) .

He even has good Awakenings and an Ultimate form!. Unfortunately it means I must go into Twinlits again, because now I need two Devilits (used to need just 1 for Shiva ulti).

Maybe they will be in the pal next event! but I doubt it.

Nice! Was surprised to get 5 stones for 450 days. I just might be able to max-skill my FA Luci afterall. Funny, someone else mentioned they max-skilled 2 Grodins before Isis. My Isis is max-skilled and my first Grodin still hasn't gotten a single skill-up from any of the EVA feedings. Still a long way to go with Luci though. Need 10 more skill-ups. But I've been saving the non-evolved Sixth Angels as backups in case I don't finish him off before the event ends.

Also, for some reason, it's like Grodin is camouflaged to me. Whenever I look for him, whether it be to feed him or add him to a team, it takes me a while to find him in my box. He just doesn't stick out to me at all, even when I know his general location within my box.

Oh, forgot to say I'm glad they're adding more skill-up mobs to the Pal machine.

Nice! Was surprised to get 5 stones for 450 days. I just might be able to max-skill my FA Luci afterall. Funny, someone else mentioned they max-skilled 2 Grodins before Isis. My Isis is max-skilled and my first Grodin still hasn't gotten a single skill-up from any of the EVA feedings. Still a long way to go with Luci though. Need 10 more skill-ups. But I've been saving the non-evolved Sixth Angels as backups in case I don't finish him off before the event ends.

Also, for some reason, it's like Grodin is camouflaged to me. Whenever I look for him, whether it be to feed him or add him to a team, it takes me a while to find him in my box. He just doesn't stick out to me at all, even when I know his general location within my box.

Oh, forgot to say I'm glad they're adding more skill-up mobs to the Pal machine.

Are you feeding your GOdin for skill ups now or saving for the 2x skill event? I am running out of space to keep all my skill up mats and I am really tempted to feed now even though I know i shouldnt...

Tobe

need to skill up 1 more grodin and 9 skill ups on luci. he has really been a bitch to skill up.

so since i got my tablet, ive rerolled a good couple of times, goddamn i remember how much i hated doing this when i started. i still want to reroll, since i want atleast 1 eva monster in there.

yami4ct

Have nothing better to do and Dungeon of Darkness is 1/2 stam today so time to skill up Vampire Duke, I guess. It feels kind of amazing skilling up with easily attainable monsters. Way more relaxing than normal.

Kreed

Sandalphon stats/info out:

HP 2645
Att 1207
RCV 615

God/Healer type

Active Skill: 2x ATK for healer types for 2 turns and damage reduction (doesn't specify the amount). 25 Turns, Max CD 15 turns.
Leader skill: 1.5x HP and 2.5x ATK for healer types

yami4ct

Sandalphon stats/info out:

HP 2645
Att 1207
RCV 615

God/Healer type

Active Skill: 2x ATK for healer types for 2 turns and damage reduction (doesn't specify the amount). 25 Turns, Max CD 15 turns.
Leader skill: 1.5x HP and 2.5x ATK for healer types

Given how Spike is all the rage, I doubt we'll see him replace Valk much as a leader. As a sub, though, I already think he'd go really well on a healer spike team like Bastet-Healer teams. Damage reduction is always nice, especially given healers notoriously low HP, and having another spike multiplier is never unwanted.

Given how Spike is all the rage, I doubt we'll see him replace Valk much as a leader. As a sub, though, I already think he'd go really well on a healer spike team like Bastet-Healer teams. Damage reduction is always nice, especially given healers notoriously low HP, and having another spike multiplier is never unwanted.

He might actually see play as a leader. Sure you lose out on .5x multiplier, but his active means you don't really need to have a king shynee anymore and you can instead have someone with better stats if the dungeon doesnt need any ridiculous burst in one turn. You are looking at 2.5*3*2 = 15x for 2 turns vs 27x for 1 turn, with more hp and better subs.

yami4ct

He might actually see play as a leader. Sure you lose out on .5x multiplier, but his active means you don't really need to have a king shynee anymore and you can instead have someone with better stats if the dungeon doesnt need any ridiculous burst in one turn. You are looking at 2.5*3*2 = 15x for 2 turns vs 27x for 1 turn, with more hp and better subs.

Replacing Shynee for better stats definitely will see use, but healer team's HP is low enough that is a 1.5x boost really going to help much? I think for most dungeons, people will want that extra .5 multiplier. We'll see. He definitely looks like one of the more useful Descends GungHo has done in a while.

Jagernaut

I want Sandalphon as a healer sub but 25 turns is a long time, 17 is already long with my unskilled King Shynee. At 15 turns he would be really good.

J0dy77

Now that you've switched over the Non IAP play style how are you adjusting? Enjoying the extra level of strategy? Annoyed by it? Tempted to buy back in?

razterik

My Isis is max-skilled and my first Grodin still hasn't gotten a single skill-up from any of the EVA feedings.

Sad thing is Isis also gets a 50% drop chance skill up in GungHo collab next week. Odin is now or never.

I am totally with you on the disappearing Odin. I don't know if it's because he's so far down in the green section of my box or what, but I scroll over him every time. I thought I fused or sold him by accident once or twice.

Sandalphon looks like a decent stat boost over King Shynee, but it's a toss up on who is overall better, especially if you have a skilled up Shynee. He might be better for when you need two successive bursts or you anticipate taking a hit because the boss is Echidna-immune.

Top Bottom