• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Finally managed to max out my Verche. Decided to spend 2 stones to refill stamina. Hopefully my Kirin team is more reliable now
Just finished maxing mine too. After going 1 for 12 earlier today, I finished off the night by going 2 for 3. Overall, 3/15 is not bad.
is there anything I should be worried about getting from the CoC dungeon?
Nothing crucial. Glorious Healer fits nicely on a healer team, but is soon to be replaced by Angelion, who has better stats. Archer is an ok sub to have on a Goemon team in place of a Freyr. And PEKKA could be used on a Lucifer team to use Morning Star twice in a row, though is low RCV is not ideal. Otherwise, you could try skilling up Thor, Freyr, or Freyja.

J0dy77

Gungho, I do not appreciate Super Ruby at 1AM tomorrow.

Luckily(?) I'm not that far enough on my other account to run it and my main is at a reasonable time.

Came here to post this. F U Gung-ho. The one jewel dragon dungeon I wanted to see and it's at 1am.

linsivvi

Dark/Light finally get their 2/2/1 leader, but it's not in the form of Apollo or Persephone :lol

Looks like they added some filter functionality to sort options, but I'm tired and drunk and don't feel like translating

okonomi_0ma3jv.jpg

They are customizable. Basically you can specify up to 5 sort orders. The last option is to put pets in use first.

You can also filter by colors and types. They added sorting options for the monster book too.

Pretty neat. About time to implement functions that even PADherder have already added.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Came here to post this. F U Gung-ho. The one jewel dragon dungeon I wanted to see and it's at 1am.

I got shafted last time they came around. It doesn't make sense to me why it is the way it is.

That being said, I intend to farm enough to hopefully max my Goemon. I also want to level my Freyr, Horus, and Gigas. RED DAY.

J0dy77

I got shafted last time they came around. It doesn't make sense to me why it is the way it is.

That being said, I intend to farm enough to hopefully max my Goemon. I also want to level my Freyr, Horus, and Gigas. RED DAY.

I've got Hera-Ur hovering around 70 and I wanted to max her. Guess that goes out the window. I just don't see how this makes sense on any level. This is the US version of the game, why would you put a majority of your players at 1am? Just costing themselves money.

J0dy77

OK, ending my rant and shifting back to game discussion:

I really want a cerberus for a Satan team. With the additional dark damage awoken skill and the great active skill it could really destroy some content. With two fully awoken Satans and Cerberus you're looking at 70% damage boost every time you match a horizontal row. Plus, Cerberus has the 2nd highest dark attack in the game.

Has anyone done the math on this? How long would it take to match the damage of a Kirin team to with 3.5x and stacking the dark awoken skill?

I've got Hera-Ur hovering around 70 and I wanted to max her. Guess that goes out the window. I just don't see how this makes sense on any level. This is the US version of the game, why would you put a majority of your players at 1am? Just costing themselves money.
Yeah they operate on pacific time, so the east coasters get screwed. If they did it the other way around it would be better for super metals since they usually show up in the second half of the day, but then you'd probably get some complaints from the west coast about not enough time slots outside of the work day.

Kreed

Dark/Light finally get their 2/2/1 leader, but it's not in the form of Apollo or Persephone :lol

Looks like they added some filter functionality to sort options, but I'm tired and drunk and don't feel like translating

Hermes and Artemis = LIght, Ares = Dark.

They also changed the materials needed to reverse an ultimate evolution (5 regular lits of each color instead of 5 Dub-mythlits).

And it doesn't look like the Ultimates for the Elementals are getting any skill upgrades, just an additional sub element of the same color.

I'm having no luck in OoH this week. 0 for 3 on mask drops. 0 for 1 on king drops and 3+ eggs total.

Luckily (...) my super ruby is too late and I won't be able to run it.

J0dy77

Yeah they operate on pacific time, so the east coasters get screwed. If they did it the other way around it would be better for super metals since they usually show up in the second half of the day, but then you'd probably get some complaints from the west coast about not enough time slots outside of the work day.

I thought of this as well but what's worse: People sneaking away for 10 minutes at work or people sleeping?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
do you guys farm OoH with a Valk team? this is terrifying. Had to sub in Shiva to get over 10k HP

Yup! Valk/Valk + Shynee/Echidna/Siren/Verche

You really don't need 10k HP. You can oneshot everything. Worst case, you pick off all but one and take a hit or two to charge skills.

E: There are only two enemies that matter - the ogres and mystic masks. The ogres hit for over 10k, but they die super quick. Masks just need to be punched to death. The carbuncles at the end are what your Echidna is for. You can take a hit from one of them, though. Neptune is Shynee dessert.

E2: Apparently stone cost is going to go down at some point. $50 for the 85 pack? I don't know much about it, but I saw a post on FB about it. If this is true, I will be quite happy. I haven't purchased stones in a while...

Yup! Valk/Valk + Shynee/Echidna/Siren/Verche

You really don't need 10k HP. You can oneshot everything. Worst case, you pick off all but one and take a hit or two to charge skills.

E: There are only two enemies that matter - the ogres and mystic masks. The ogres hit for over 10k, but they die super quick. Masks just need to be punched to death. The carbuncles at the end are what your Echidna is for. You can take a hit from one of them, though. Neptune is Shynee dessert.

E2: Apparently stone cost is going to go down at some point. $50 for the 85 pack? I don't know much about it, but I saw a post on FB about it. If this is true, I will be quite happy. I haven't purchased stones in a while...

don't have a Shynee and my Verche isn't evo'd. God I hate leveling light monsters...

Have been rolling with Valk/Valk, Siren, Ench, Light Meta and Shiva/Lilith. My valk team needs some work

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
don't have a Shynee and my Verche isn't evo'd. God I hate leveling light monsters...

Have been rolling with Valk/Valk, Siren, Ench, Light Meta and Shiva/Lilith. My valk team needs some work

To be honest, a Valk farm team is the one team I think EVERYONE needs to muscle up and build. It's hard to spend a king on a Shynee, but it's SO clutch. And I finally evo'd my Verche a while back. He was just sitting there being lame. You don't need him, though...Any other healer would be fine. I just throw him in because my other 2 Valks aren't leveled or max skilled. He's a nice quick dark -> light orb change.

ccbfan

Hermes and Artemis = LIght, Ares = Dark.

They also changed the materials needed to reverse an ultimate evolution (5 regular lits of each color instead of 5 Dub-mythlits).

And it doesn't look like the Ultimates for the Elementals are getting any skill upgrades, just an additional sub element of the same color.

That's a huge upgrade for Ares (already the best Greek 2 God) since you can make a 2/4/2 team with Lucifer with a Hera-Ur Sub.

Artemis is okay too since you get good compatibility with Athena, Ceres, and Farlion (new best healing healer?) and the light Ninja can turn green into yellow so her active is not completely useless.

Pretty much useless for Hermes mono light teams are terrible and his active skill will be counter productive. Plus not many good light/blue characters.

OK, ending my rant and shifting back to game discussion:

I really want a cerberus for a Satan team. With the additional dark damage awoken skill and the great active skill it could really destroy some content. With two fully awoken Satans and Cerberus you're looking at 70% damage boost every time you match a horizontal row. Plus, Cerberus has the 2nd highest dark attack in the game.

Has anyone done the math on this? How long would it take to match the damage of a Kirin team to with 3.5x and stacking the dark awoken skill?
Beelzebub provides enhanced dark/water and isn't impossible to farm for skillups. Think he maxes out with a really nice amount of ATK too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I've had 700 box space since it was available. Of course I filled it up. My current box contents include:

39 Ruby Dragons -> 33 Fire Pengdra (66 needed)
57 Sapphire Dragons -> 19 Water Pengdra (28 needed)
85 Emerald Dragons -> 17 Wood Pengdra (34 needed)
29 Gold Dragons -> 16 Shiny Pengdra (16 needed)
29 Metal Dragons -> 8 Dark Pengdra (24 needed)

I need need need dragon plants. It's disgusting. I should probably clear out the dragons I don't need. Fucking Tamadra hunting has stained my box.

I need need need dragon plants. It's disgusting. I should probably clear out the dragons I don't need. Fucking Tamadra hunting has stained my box.

I'm in a similar position w/ a bit smaller of a box. Just DYING for plants, and they are on the same day as The Great Enemy of Mankind (Scarlet Snake Princess). AND Goemon.

Pretty resigned to throwing away at least 6-10 stones tomorrow. No other option to unjam my box and get the things I need to get done completed.

Limit

I've stopped going through the cycle of collect dragons, collect pengdras, collect plants, repeat ad nauseam. Now a days I just go to dragon dungeons for level ups. The level ups are certainly going slower but I find this pace quite relaxing.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Thanks so much for putting up the odin yesterday dude! I got myself 2 keeper of rainbow! Finally, I can super evolve my neptune.

My box is hurting, mainly because I have 35 salamanders waiting for evolve. I think I'm going to give up on that though. I don't have the patience to run dungeon of fire nonstop like that.

Ashodin

Yesss since Zeus Dios is on the weekend, I get to evolve my Ceres before then. And I'm also planning on maxing my Goemon, nicoga :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yesss since Zeus Dios is on the weekend, I get to evolve my Ceres before then. And I'm also planning on maxing my Goemon, nicoga :)

Both of these are A+ decisions.

I want to max skill my Goemon, but I just don't know if I have a team that can comfortably farm Mythical. Legendary would likely be no problem...But that 40% drop rate.

Asturie

I'm having issues beating Master level dungeons and was wondering if it is just b/c I'm bad or my team or what. My main team consists of a 71 WD Holy Isis, 76 E.S. Echidna, Maxed Green Odin (waiting to evolve when I have more team cost), 59 Verche KS, and 34 Chaos Dragon Knight. Currently rank 94. Any suggestions?

MikeDip

Can someone put up a green Odin for a minute right now? I'm having trouble with Hades in Tomb of the Saint-Deep.

My Id is 396,671,250

Thank you so much.

Ducarmel

Expert Mask is screwing with me, either mystic mask not dropping or getting caught on a floor with four divine mask on the same timer with no skills ready to counter.

I'm having issues beating Master level dungeons and was wondering if it is just b/c I'm bad or my team or what. My main team consists of a 71 WD Holy Isis, 76 E.S. Echidna, Maxed Green Odin (waiting to evolve when I have more team cost), 59 Verche KS, and 34 Chaos Dragon Knight. Currently rank 94. Any suggestions?

Your team might be o.k. but I cant say without knowing which master level dungeon. Some are harder then others.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

It's any number of things:

1) Your levels aren't high enough (CDK either needs to go or be leveled, get your Odin evolved, make sure you work to max skill that Echidna)

2) By using a combo lead, you NEED to pair with another combo lead and make sure you can activate that leader skill every turn. Pairing with a Horus isn't a terrible idea, but another Isis is fine for 9x team.

3) In line with levels being too low, when you run a dungeon, make sure you can take the hardest hit OR be confident that your team can absolutely sweep the hardest hitters. Neptune on Ocean of Heaven is a good example.

E4) Like Ducarmel said...Some Master dungeons are harder than some Descended dungeons. Keep that in mind.

You have a pretty strong team, but if you intend to keep CDK there, level him more. Your best bet is to research Hera teams and build you a team to get your first Hera. The game can be said for Two Heroes. Hera is "my first gravity" and is basically a required sub for most teams (or Hades/Hera-Is). Getting 2-3 Awoken Hera can really help.

Two Heroes is a crazy important dungeon, too. You want one of each of those guys. Their busty forms are pretty much essential team members. Max skilled, they can REALLY turn a fight around.

If you're triggering Isis every single round, it's more than likely the fact that you need to work on a stronger team comp. Remember that there is no single team that can tackle everything. Even a Ra/Horus/Kirin team needs to be adjusted slightly to make up for various color deficient dungeons and such. So that being said, build a few other options to play with. As silly as this sounds, weakness/resistance is SUPER important. Strong water monsters in a green dungeon is almost asking for failure.

It sounds like you're right on the cusp. Your levels are there, so now it's really just a matter of skills. I would also swap out CDK for a heart maker, like Siren. Being able to have hearts every 5 turns made all the difference for me when I was working up to Master.

Asturie

It's any number of things:

1) Your levels aren't high enough (CDK either needs to go or be leveled, get your Odin evolved, make sure you work to max skill that Echidna)

2) By using a combo lead, you NEED to pair with another combo lead and make sure you can activate that leader skill every turn. Pairing with a Horus isn't a terrible idea, but another Isis is fine for 9x team.

3) In line with levels being too low, when you run a dungeon, make sure you can take the hardest hit OR be confident that your team can absolutely sweep the hardest hitters. Neptune on Ocean of Heaven is a good example.

E4) Like Ducarmel said...Some Master dungeons are harder than some Descended dungeons. Keep that in mind.

You have a pretty strong team, but if you intend to keep CDK there, level him more. Your best bet is to research Hera teams and build you a team to get your first Hera. The game can be said for Two Heroes. Hera is "my first gravity" and is basically a required sub for most teams (or Hades/Hera-Is). Getting 2-3 Awoken Hera can really help.

Two Heroes is a crazy important dungeon, too. You want one of each of those guys. Their busty forms are pretty much essential team members. Max skilled, they can REALLY turn a fight around.

If you're triggering Isis every single round, it's more than likely the fact that you need to work on a stronger team comp. Remember that there is no single team that can tackle everything. Even a Ra/Horus/Kirin team needs to be adjusted slightly to make up for various color deficient dungeons and such. So that being said, build a few other options to play with. As silly as this sounds, weakness/resistance is SUPER important. Strong water monsters in a green dungeon is almost asking for failure.

Sadly CDK is my best dark mob, other than Haku, but she is 39 so not much better level wise. There an efficient way to level light/dark mobs? I know pendras are the best but never seem to find them for light/dark.

Unless I get terrible stone drops, I get the 3x match everytime with Isis but have difficulty getting 4x consistently I have a few Horus friends, but only one Isis and that person only gets on like once a day. But I do use a second Isis to clear any regular dungeon I have issues with.

As far as what dungeons, basically all of them. Its only been two that I've beaten and can't think of their names. They were both dungeons that Gungho had put up for like a week that I managed to clear somehow.

There an efficient way to level light/dark mobs? I know pendras are the best but never seem to find them for light/dark.

Dark subs are stupid easy to level because the metal dungeon only costs 15 stam (vs 20 for jeweled), but that's basically it. Generally at lower levels, you can easily use spare monsters to feed. Try and keep the 1 gold / 1 xp ratio when feeding if you can.

Light/Dark Pengdras are only available through Pengdra Village, which comes around only on rare Thursdays sometimes during events.

Light monsters are crazy hard to level, you either wait for gold dragons are use off-color metal/pengdras.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sadly CDK is my best dark mob, other than Haku, but she is 39 so not much better level wise. There an efficient way to level light/dark mobs? I know pendras are the best but never seem to find them for light/dark.

Unless I get terrible stone drops, I get the 3x match everytime with Isis but have difficulty getting 4x consistently I have a few Horus friends, but only one Isis and that person only gets on like once a day. But I do use a second Isis to clear any regular dungeon I have issues with.

As far as what dungeons, basically all of them. Its only been two that I've beaten and can't think of their names. They were both dungeons that Gungho had put up for like a week that I managed to clear somehow.

Light/Dark Pengdras are only available in the Pengdra Dungeon sadly. Unless they've started popping up in random Tech dungeons, but currently, that's all. The best way to level them is to feed them kings and off-color evolved pengdra. It sucks, but that's really about the only way.

I'd say practice in Endless with Horus partners. You really should learn to control Horus to the point of being able to trigger him regularly. 12x vs 9x is pretty huge.

MikeDip

Hades is dead! Thanks for the odin, it was scary but it all worked out!

J0dy77

Gung-ho is trolling the crap out of me today. Super kings at 1am. 6 ruby runs without a king. On the bright side at least I saw my first tamdra. :/

ihKQQ5B.png

Nista

I managed to get my first tamadra drop out of metal kings on Monday. Nothing since then of course.

I wish there was someplace around here to get PAD toys like that coffee one. None of the Japanese grocery stores seem to stock them. :(

Top Bottom