• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Really? How's that possible after all this time? Do you just spread out your leveling that much? Or is it splitting time between the two versions?
Splitting time between two versions and no IAP, also throwing away stamina at Legendary dungeons instead of jewel dragons and using stones on REM instead of box space

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Having a weird amount of stam makes farming supers tough. I have 120 stam right now, so I can do 2 supers + 1 OoH. It takes more time than I'd like to do the OoH and thus slows my farming.

That aside, I got 5 supers, so I'm just deciding who to pump.

Anyone know any safe/quick Mythical Goemon builds? I know I can do Luci/Luci, but it's just so SLOW.

coy

After going 0/6 and 0/3 for Verche skillups yesterday, I get rewarded by 2 invades out of 3 super runs. Those 5 Super Rubies helped get Goemon from 48 to 75! If I wasn't working at the time, I definitely would've stoned for a couple more runs to see if that streak continued.

Splitting time between two versions and no IAP, also throwing away stamina at Legendary dungeons instead of jewel dragons and using stones on REM instead of box space

Haha I'm in the same scenario so I know that feeling.

Having a weird amount of stam makes farming supers tough. I have 120 stam right now, so I can do 2 supers + 1 OoH. It takes more time than I'd like to do the OoH and thus slows my farming.

Anyone know any safe/quick Mythical Goemon builds? I know I can do Luci/Luci, but it's just so SLOW.
Safe? Yes. Quick? No. Maybe a 4/2/2 team with Hermes and I&I (or Depth Plesios)? You only need 26k HP to tank Coin Toss.

Of course, the rest of the dungeon will be pretty hard with that team.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Safe? Yes. Quick? No. Maybe a 4/2/2 team with Hermes and I&I (or Depth Plesios)? You only need 26k HP to tank Coin Toss.

Of course, the rest of the dungeon will be pretty hard with that team.

I could try a Horus/Horus - something I haven't played in a while. I'd go Kirin, but it's far too easy to get screwed on the first round. Horus has significantly less chance to get turn 1 screwed.

I may just bite the bullet and farm with Luci/Luci. I've been thinking about running Ur/Ur, but I don't know if I can do it. Luci/Luci is safe and takes only about 20 minutes or so. Just a LOT of Goemon runs, haha.

Yeah that period lasted way too long for my taste. The worst was when I was running 2 Supers then 3 Sea God of Heaven. I hit 149 stamina yesterday though, so today was incredible. By the time I finish the first 2 runs, I just had to wait a few minutes for that last point.

As for Mythical Goemon, I'm still a little stumped. I know I ran a 2/4/2 Hermes/I&I team last time he came around but I think that was for Legendary. Mitsuki would certainly be an issue, and Goemon would not be all that easy either. I might just go with my original Lucifer team. I'll have almost 20k more HP than the first time I ran it, so it should be safe, but you're right. It issuper slow. If anybody has suggestions I would much appreciate it.

I could try a Horus/Horus - something I haven't played in a while. I'd go Kirin, but it's far too easy to get screwed on the first round. Horus has significantly less chance to get turn 1 screwed.

I may just bite the bullet and farm with Luci/Luci. I've been thinking about running Ur/Ur, but I don't know if I can do it. Luci/Luci is safe and takes only about 20 minutes or so. Just a LOT of Goemon runs, haha.
The dungeon itself is much harder than the boss, imo. I actually got wiped once on the first round with a double Lucifer team (the same one I posted on PDX) with 60k HP and Siren. Those little ninjas just hit way too hard and are way too hardy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The dungeon itself is much harder than the boss, imo. I actually got wiped once on the first round with a double Lucifer team (the same one I posted on PDX) with 60k HP and Siren. Those little ninjas just hit way too hard and are way too hardy.

Yeah - my team is Luci/Luci + Hera-Is/Hera/DL Hades/Dark Ceres. Tons of HP and enough RCV to make my life not miserable. Goemon is still a crap shoot, though. If I get really unlucky and have a double leader bind, it's a guaranteed wipe. Which sucks.

Ashodin

Yeah - my team is Luci/Luci + Hera-Is/Hera/DL Hades/Dark Ceres. Tons of HP and enough RCV to make my life not miserable. Goemon is still a crap shoot, though. If I get really unlucky and have a double leader bind, it's a guaranteed wipe. Which sucks.

Ugh why doesn't Lucifer have resist bind? seriously!

Bring Rainbow Keeper instead of one of those Gravities. Pop his skill before Goemon uses his bind. Should at least help in the event of a double Lucifer bind.

Haha, as if Lucifer doesn't have enough going for him :p

Wasted a stone and 50 stamina on super rubies. I got a super ruby on the first round, so I couldn't stall my droid dragon. Got beasted. Went through it two others times, and got my gigas from level 31 to 55 so not so bad.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

His awakenings are terrible...The least they could have done is exactly this. Give him a utility if nothing else. Although my Ceres has one level of awakening and thus has recover bind. The problem is that this means I STILL need to take a hit, and I STILL can't do that with double Luci bind.

My current options right now are (buffed HP/unbuffed HP/RCV/RCV with 1 combo):

Luci/Luci + Hera-Is/Hera/Ceres/BlOdin - 73096/18274/12680/15850
Luci/Luci + Hera-Is/DL Hades/Ceres/BlOdin - 72312/18078/13232/16540

DL Hades gives me more RCV, so I think I may go that route. It also introduces a light element for combos against the ninjas. And really, after I get enough plants tomorrow, BlOdin will likely be in the 90's. That's another 1100 HP buffed and 124 RCV buffed from my current level 79.

PS - BlOdin is fucking nuts. Probably some of the best overall stats in the game. I'm quite happy I got lucky and pulled him a while back.

E: A a Keeper could work actually. Just such a waste of a spot, haha.

J0dy77

I think the box space thing is hurting you overall. I'm a free player myself. I put $20 into the game in my first couple months of play but haven't spent a dime since that money went to useless rolls that did nothing for my progress. I'm still close to maxing out my 9th and 10th mobs (Byakko and Hera-UR). Getting box space to be able to hold enough pengdras, plants and evo mats speeds things up dramatically. You don't need 300 spaces either, I've been at 150 -165 for a long time and it's enough but tight. I farm about 20 - 25 plants on Thursday, hill of iris Monday then evo when the metal dungeon comes around. You get big big chunks of exp that way. 20 level in Hera ur from that process today.

I'm sure the dual accounts is a big factor too. I had to stop the Japanese account it was just too much of a time sync managing both. But thought I'd throw in my 2cents. I always think about it as 50 box spaces = golem and a rider.

JMRV

Neo Member
Any Gabriels/Noels doing Goemon tomorrow?
I'll be running mine, I need more Gabriel/Noel friends.

I think the box space thing is hurting you overall. I'm a free player myself. I put $20 into the game in my first couple months of play but haven't spent a dime since that money went to useless rolls that did nothing for my progress. I'm still close to maxing out my 9th and 10th mobs (Byakko and Hera-UR). Getting box space to be able to hold enough pengdras, plants and evo mats speeds things up dramatically. You don't need 300 spaces either, I've been at 150 -165 for a long time and it's enough but tight. I farm about 20 - 25 plants on Thursday, hill of iris Monday then evo when the metal dungeon comes around. You get big big chunks of exp that way. 20 level in Hera ur from that process today.

I'm sure the dual accounts is a big factor too. I had to stop the Japanese account it was just too much of a time sync managing both. But thought I'd throw in my 2cents. I always think about it as 50 box spaces = golem and a rider.
How do you survive with 150 cards?? I'm at 220 right now and need to clear out the fridge constantly.

I'd recommend Siren over Ceres. You won't get a double shot of Morning Star, but Siren will help you stall for 30 turns so you can land your six Ultra Gravities.

As for the little ninjas, sometimes them's the breaks. The time I lost, it was a round of 5-6 of those little shits, and they were all hitting me for over 30k per turn, on round 1. I just couldn't out-heal it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'd recommend Siren over Ceres. You won't get a double shot of Morning Star, but Siren will help you stall for 30 turns so you can land your six Ultra Gravities.

As for the little ninjas, sometimes them's the breaks. The time I lost, it was a round of 5-6 of those little shits, and they were all hitting me for over 30k per turn, on round 1. I just couldn't out-heal it.

I guess that's fair (Siren vs Ceres), but my Siren is severely underleveled (I think she's 72 or something dumb). I did it with Ceres 0-stone last time, but I got lucky and didn't get leader bound.

I guess that's fair (Siren vs Ceres), but my Siren is severely underleveled (I think she's 72 or something dumb). I did it with Ceres 0-stone last time, but I got lucky and didn't get leader bound.
I don't know, the stalling isn't the hard part, particularly with the stats you have. The trouble is really the first few rounds and then surviving Goemon's first few turns. The extra HP/RCV from Ceres would be very helpful for the first few rounds at least. And I really think Rainbow Keeper instead of Hera is the way to go. The only downside is a little bit of extra stalling on Goemon and a slight hit in RCV. This team is essentially what I ran last time but with Neptune instead of Ceres. I got double leader bound and made it through.

If I remember correctly (and I might not, since it's been a while), if you knock Goemon into his Coin Throw threshold, he won't even do the bind, and three gravs will put him there right off the bat. The danger is that now you're going to have to stall through a bunch of Coin Throws, but at least there's no potential instant-death bind.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't know, the stalling isn't the hard part, particularly with the stats you have. The trouble is really the first few rounds and then surviving Goemon's first few turns. The extra HP/RCV from Ceres would be very helpful for the first few rounds at least. And I really think Rainbow Keeper instead of Hera is the way to go. The only downside is a little bit of extra stalling on Goemon and a slight hit in RCV. This team is essentially what I ran last time but with Neptune instead of Ceres. I got double leader bound and made it through.

I guess I could put RK in there instead of Hera and do Hera-Is/DL Hades/Ceres/RK. I still get all my dark bonuses and 2 gravity users. If I pop RK right away, that should be fine. I was worried that only 2 gravity users wouldn't cut it. After MATH, it appears as though 2 gravity nearly the same as 3 since you need to charge MS back up no matter what.

Good call.

Flambe

Alright after Ruby I ended up with 3 Supers, 6 Kings and 13 Highs.

For reds I have a 69 Empress Echidna, 41 Minerva, 28 Firedragon Tyrannos, 33 Gigas, 15 Drall, 6 Mystic Flame Knight and 30 Leilan.

Just dunno where to put the eggs, leaning either Echidna or Minerva but I don't really run mono-red team. Not much that'll help me with Goemon but planning ahead would be nice to have a direction.

Edit: Oh I guess I have Dino Rider too and while I kinda hate putting points into that I do want to build my DA Metatron team sometime argh >.<

razterik

For reds I have a 69 Empress Echidna, 41 Minerva, 28 Firedragon Tyrannos, 33 Gigas, 15 Drall, 6 Mystic Flame Knight and 30 Leilan.

Unless you are running a healer team and desperately need the HP, Echidna isn't going to give much of a return on your exp investment at those levels. If you run a Suzaku team, put it on her. Otherwise, Gigas gets good stat gains and is generally useful. Tyrannos is not a bad choice, but you said you don't run mono red.

Probably had my best set of super runs earlier today. 13 supers and 11 kings in twelve runs. Now to decide where to stuff it all. My lights are still hungry, but the future super golds make me hesitate now. Thinking about boosting my 2/4/2 reds or maybe Hera-Ur, but nothing really benefits what I usually run these days.

raiot

Okay Guys, the new stats for the Greek Gods are out, stay calm and fasten your seatbelts...

Ultimate Ares -> +700 HP & +150 ATK
Ultimate Hermes -> +1300 HP (!!!)
Ultimate Artemis -> +750 HP, +50 ATK, +130 RCV
Ultimate Apollo -> +600 HP, +30 RCV
Ultimate Persephone -> +400 ATK
Ultimate Shaitan -> +1000 HP, +50 ATK
Ultimate Undine -> +1000 HP, +30 RCV
Ultimate Sylph -> +1100 HP
Ultimate Genie -> +1000 HP, +30 RCV
Ultimate Thanatos -> +1000 HP, +50 ATK

Ares
- HP 2312
- ATK 2094
- RCV 0

Hermes
- HP 3074
- ATK 1398
- RCV 164

Artemis
- HP 2490
- ATK 1435
- RCV 301

Apollo
- HP 3158
- ATK 1353
- RCV 446

Persephone
- HP 2939
- ATK 1407
- RCV 510

Shaitan
- HP 2028
- ATK 1320
- RCV 366

Undine
- HP 2005
- ATK 1193
- RCV 419

Sylph
- HP 2087
- ATK 1224
- RCV 374

Genie
- HP 1961
- ATK 1207
- RCV 428

Thanatos
- HP 1998
- ATK 1353
- RCV 344

raiot

Guys, help me!
I want to farm Goemon Mythical but don't have a decent blue team... I have: Kirin Max, Horus Max, Lucifer Max, Dark Metatron Max, Zaerog Max, Goemon Max, Zeus Max, Valk Max.
But I can't find a team of consistently farming Mythical :(

What are the elementals new leader skills? Do they get an extra buff to anything? Shaitan might not be such a shitty pull any more. Except his active which doesn't have much use.

VSG4uEr.jpg

LOtPgCN.jpg

New monster box. What can I get rid of or what should i keep?

i am working on leveling up my homura and gigas right now. i thought about feeding the noel dragon to my ancient dragon. but that may be not so good. i rarely use it now. maybe i hould try a 4/2/2 team more, i usally go for 2/4/2. my problem is i still dont know how to build strong teams. or whem to sub one for another.

edit: valk is at level 46.

raiot

Stop leveling Homuras and Gigas and do everything you can to evolve your Valk to Rose Valk. This will change your game, forever!

DO NOT FEED YOUR NOEL unless you have the Archangel for this color!

Stop leveling Homuras and Gigas and do everything you can to evolve your Valk to Rose Valk. This will change your game, forever!

DO NOT FEED YOUR NOEL unless you have the Archangel for this color!
ok. last time i asked people said to worry about my monored first and then my other ones.

razterik

Grab a CoC archer and healer this week. They are okay for red and healer teams respectively when you don't have their REM equivalents. Eventually you will want to drop the demons, ninja, and chimera. They don't have much place on a serious team outside gimmick builds and can be farmed up if you need them. Team building comes with experience, but generally you want to start with orb changers and a delay/defense, then add special attacks/boosts such as gravity, defense penetration, and type/color damage increasers.

raiot

Don't neglect your mono red team, but you already have a siren, a valk and an echidna.
Get yourself this coc healer and a king shynee and clear content you could not clear until now. Valk is GREAT for farming content!
With a Valk team you can easily farm the xp for other teams.
But get this coc healer! :)

Grab a CoC archer and healer this week. They are okay for red and healer teams respectively when you don't have their REM equivalents. Eventually you will want to drop the demons, ninja, and chimera. They don't have much place on a serious team outside gimmick builds and can be farmed up if you need them. Team building comes with experience, but generally you want to start with orb changers and a delay/defense, then add special attacks/boosts such as gravity, defense penetration, and type/color damage increasers.
where do the healers spawn? i was going for one but i didnt see one in my int, expert, or master runs.

linsivvi

ok. last time i asked people said to worry about my monored first and then my other ones.

Only because they have tons of Gods to choose from. I assume you're non-IAP like me and I can't count the number of master/legend/descend dungeons I cleared with it. Don't ever feed it.

For example, Ancient Light Dragon legend is a piece of cake with Noel Dragon lead.

Only because they have tons of Gods to choose from. I assume you're non-IAP like me and I can't count the number of master/legend/descend dungeons I cleared with it. Don't ever feed it.

For example, Ancient Light Dragon legend is a piece of cake with Noel Dragon lead.
ancient light dragon has no fire. what team do you use?

i have no hera :(.

edit: which dungeon does the coc healer spawn in?
i mean difficulty wise. i beat master and didn't see it at all.

I've never seen her in the lowest two tiers, but she can appear in any. She is just really rare. I recommend farming the highest one you can safely do to get her. And keep a CoC Archer and skill it up. It's great for mono red as a sub.

Your red team is decent for the weekly dragon dungeons, especially with red Noel as a leader (4x HP and rcv means you tank everything). So I would work on the valk next as you already have most of the pieces ready to go. Just need to level and evo Valk and evo big shynee.

J0dy77

How do you survive with 150 cards?? I'm at 220 right now and need to clear out the fridge constantly.

Whoops. That was a post while tired, meant to say 260. I thought you were at 75 box space or something crazy like that? Weren't you doing that for a while? I'll shut up now.

Top Bottom