• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Replacing Shynee for better stats definitely will see use, but healer team's HP is low enough that is a 1.5x boost really going to help much? I think for most dungeons, people will want that extra .5 multiplier. We'll see. He definitely looks like one of the more useful Descends GungHo has done in a while.

1.5 is a lot, especially since healers can heal back from almost anything due to their insane rcv. This might make a healer team viable in dungeons with certain damage preemptives that usually 1 shot healer teams without massive + eggs. For example, a healer team that has 12k hp will now have 18k, and can survive the twinlit dubmyth preemptive(12,140 damage). Also, in earlier levels of descends, you usually dont need your full multiplier. It's usually only the boss that has ridiculous hp.

Are you feeding your GOdin for skill ups now or saving for the 2x skill event? I am running out of space to keep all my skill up mats and I am really tempted to feed now even though I know i shouldnt...
No. I stopped feeding when the 2x event ended. Saving them for the next event now. But I already got Isis maxed out during the last event while not getting a single Grodin skill-up in that time.

Now that you've switched over the Non IAP play style how are you adjusting? Enjoying the extra level of strategy? Annoyed by it? Tempted to buy back in?
It's actually much more relaxing. Lol. No constant dungeon blitzing. No setting alarms for hourly dungeons like Supers and others. But yeah, that upcoming Ragnarok collab may just get me to buy another set of stones. I could use every skill-up monster in that collab save for Susano (already have 3 max-skilled Susanos). And I've already been skilling-up 4* versions of the Heartbreakers and other monsters in anticipation of future limited dungeons. So all the Porings would be useful even though I already have 2 max-skilled of every Heartbreaker. The vast majority of my spending was via the REM. Stones go A LOT further when I just use them for stam refreshes, especially since I have over 230 stam. I actually would have enough stones to still take me through the Ragnarok collab, combined with free event/challenge stones, if I didn't stupidly pull the EVA REM. So if I buy another 85 stones, that should last me for a good while if I avoid the REM.

Sad thing is Isis also gets a 50% drop chance skill up in GungHo collab next week. Odin is now or never.
Well, I have a second Isis to absorb extra skill-up mobs still. And Odin's active isn't important enough to me to worry about skilling him up. That's why I'm only feeding him evolved mobs and not bothering to evolve or save his non-evolved skill-up mobs. Only one I really want to max is FA Luci. And I looked at the GH collab. A month ago I would have blitzed that too. But I'm just gonna run it for the clear stone. None of the monsters are must skill-ups for me. I'll skill-up Bastet through the Ragnarok dungeon instead. I really need to pick and choose which dungeons are worth blitzing to me, since I'm minimizing stone usage. I haven't even farmed any of the Pirate dungeons, yet. Just cleared them for the stone. Though the Light Pirate and maybe the Dark Pirate look worth farming to me.

edit: Just looked at the PADX schedule and Ragnarok dungeon is only for 24hrs? WTF?! That sucks.

razterik

Yeah, it is classified as a descend, so only shows for one or two days. I hope it shows up as much as Tengu because the drops are all pretty great.

So if I buy another 85 stones, that should last me for a good while if I avoid the REM.

Don't do it. From there its just a slippery slope. You should definitely get enough stones to farm almost as much as you want via stamina refresh from the event rewards. If you buy a big pile of stones and the next godfest is dtron 5x drop rate you gonna be tempted to pull again.

Don't do it. From there its just a slippery slope. You should definitely get enough stones to farm almost as much as you want via stamina refresh from the event rewards. If you buy a big pile of stones and the next godfest is dtron 5x drop rate you gonna be tempted to pull again.
Yeah, after seeing that Ragnarok is a descend and not a 1 or 2 week event dungeon, I'll just hold off. It will be regularly cycled into special events. I don't need to blitz it in fear that we may never get it again or have to wait a year or months before its next appearance.

As for D.Tron, she's dropped in my desire to pull her. Would still love one, but I don't want her so badly now. I'd actually want Ronia more if I didn't already have her. As for available monsters, I wouldn't pull the REM again unless it was increased rate for all the special Gods, so I'd also get a better chance at the other 2 Sonias in addition to D.Tron.

Kreed

kLjZ5Ya.png

Early Chinese data minded Sandalphon dungeon info above (not 100% verified), translation of the attacks below:

Unicorn:
1. Preemptive strike that does 25% of damage
2. Randomly changes ors to light and does 100% damage

Uriel:
1. Changes heart orbs to fire orbs and does 75% damage.
2. Randomly binds monster for 2 or 3 turns and does 75% damage
3. Randomly changes 1 type of orb color to heart orbs and does 150% damage

Gabriel:
1. Binds player leader for 5 turns
2. Reduces player HP by 99%
3. Multi hit for 160% damage.
4. Recovers 100% of his HP

Michael:
1. Preemptive shield for 4 turns
2. Bind both leaders for 4 turns
3. Attack for 50% damage
4. Attack for 100% damage
5. Attack for 200% damage
6. Attack for 800% damage

Rafael:
1. Preemptively absorb dark damage for 10 turns.
2. Does 1200% damage

Sandalphon:
1. Preemptively prevents active skills from activating for 3 turns
2. God monster bind for 10 turns
3. Changes dark orbs to light orbs and does 80% damage
4. Multi hit for 120% damage
5. 3 multi hits for 210% damage

Narras

Last update:
My game was restored this morning.
I'm glad to see that you had your account restored after all the stuff you went through. I'm a non-IAP player, but my account is old enough that losing it would give me a scare. Besides my account number and secret number, I don't have any way to prove the stuff you were asked.

Im thinking kirin team? What else would work?

Ra would work, but only if the "prevents Dark Damage" still counts as an orb activation for the leader skill.

Sandalphon's god monster bind and active skill prevent would be terrible for Luci teams,

Yeah, I am thinking my only shot is Ra and pray...

yami4ct

Those binds on the Sandelphon dungeon suck. I especially hate that Michel has the two leader bind. By the time it comes over, I should be able to tackle it, but still it's evil.

Quantum

I'm glad to see that you had your account restored after all the stuff you went through. I'm a non-IAP player, but my account is old enough that losing it would give me a scare. Besides my account number and secret number, I don't have any way to prove the stuff you were asked.

Yeah - it really became a little crazy.

that being said:

1) take a screen shot once and awhile - it will time stamp and you will always be able to give a specific date you were in a dungeon.
2) put a few (at least 10, although more is better) of your mobs on something like PADherder or similar so that you can make a huge list of your favorite mobs and approximate levels
3) with the newest pad update you can associate your game with either game center or google play, I think it will make a world of difference in the future.

I'm sure there is some method to the gungho madness, but what I wouldn't give to have a "hardcopy" (digital or otherwise) of my game/data.

Jagernaut

Yeah but if you arent using dark monsters why would you ever not use kirin? you get that extra damage attack multiplier vs horus.

I was just speaking in general, but you are right that if the dungeon details are legit Horus - Kirin with no dark monsters is better. (I don't have Kirin myself).

colinp

Banned
About what level should I start tackling descends? I'm just over 8k in health so I figure I need to have a bit more still eh? Once I'm above 10k or so?

Huh. Just took out Mystical Takeminakata with F/D Shiva team. 'Really digging this team.

edit:

@colinp Depends more on what descend dungeon you've got your eye one, as well as what you've got in your box.

Which of the descends are you looking to try for this event coming up (starting this Friday)?

colinp

Banned
Huh. Just took out Mystical Takeminakata with F/D Shiva team. 'Really digging this team.

edit:

@colinp Depends more on what descend dungeon you've got your eye one, as well as what you've got in your box.

Which of the descends are you looking to try for this event coming up (starting this Friday)?

Ideally Hera-Is, but was thinking of just Hera- I really don't have much!

Sure, but what? I want to use a rainbow keeper but I don't have the team cost. The dub gives me the most health and attack for the low low cost...
That teddy bear thing from the ECO Collab wouldn't be a bad choice. Its ability, Change the World, is very powerful and can give you a round to setup strong combo.

The team might be a tad weak for Hera-Is, though. It would be a good idea to power up some of your units first and get her next time.

colinp

Banned
That teddy bear thing from the ECO Collab wouldn't be a bad choice. Its ability, Change the World, is very powerful and can give you a round to setup strong combo.

The team might be a tad weak for Hera-Is, though. It would be a good idea to power up some of your units first and get her next time.

Yeah I was fearing as much. Thank you for the advice! Eco Tiny is a good idea- I'll focus on that for a bit more!

If your Drawn Joker is max skilled and you have some Rainbow Keepers you can probably scumbag out Hera with a team like that. It'll be painful and slow, but it'll get the job done.

If your Drawn Joker is max skilled and you have some Rainbow Keepers you can probably scumbag out Hera with a team like that. It'll be painful and slow, but it'll get the job done.
His max cost is only 77, though. Each Rainbow Keeper costs 25, and DJ costs like 13 or something, so he'd have no room to build a team if he has 2 RKs and DJ on.

Jagernaut

S ranked Evangelion legend using razterik's strategy and got the Tamadra. I used :

Rose Valkyrie +91
King Shynee
2 yellow carbuncles - healer type and better stats than 1 star masks
Blue Goblin
Rose Valkyrie +287 friend

The Shynee burst didn't quite kill the boss so I used the 2nd Valk and made a 6 combo for the KO.

Uthred

I need to stop playing PAD late at night, it leads to silly mistakes, which leads to "Fuck it I will spend that stone!", luckily Take dropped, then unluckily I realised Ive got basically zero use for him, still, gotta catch em all ;)

Edit: Is L/L the preferred evolution for Ra?

Yaari

Yeah, happy with those plus x5 tech. Probably need to IAP if I want to run that many times during the day.

I wonder what those 7 gods will be like.

Edit: Ah S Rank breakers, eh, have to get that done today.

razterik

Time to run Beakers. Haha, never thought I'd say that again.

5x tech Monday is like Christmas. Well, a Christmas when you hand Santa wads of cash anyways.

razterik

Which dungeon is the best to run during this, Goddess in Paradise?

If you aren't dropping stones like crazy, last stage of Talos is best. Goddess has too many pengdras. For the crazy ones, it's generally the first stage of fire conditional - Blazing Great Wings or first stage of Aither - Hunter in the Desert, if you have max/near max DA Lucifer.

razterik

Healer Suzaku!! Two ultimates, one features return of side ponytail, haha. R/L and R/G maybe? Healer teams got major boost with this and new gods.

And Flame Chaser survey dungeon next.

Top Bottom