• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

maks

is p&z worth getting into new atm? Played a while back for a bit until my file got randomly corrupted :S

seems a bit different now.

edit: huh rolled a bastet first time. dont remember her being on tier lists before o_O.

Probably the best starter monster a beginner could hope for.

I do kind of want make a thread for Dragon Poker because a certain lurker has been bugging me to it's super fun in a different way than PAD, but between the language barrier, the general aversion to F2P mobile titles on GAF, and my laziness I don't think it'd do too well, lol

Aww, yeah. S-ranked Breakers with two Valks and a bunch of yellow carbuncles.

I tried earlier with two Valks by themselves, but apparently that drives up your average rarity. Stupid.

Yaari

I do kind of want make a thread for Dragon Poker because a certain lurker has been bugging me to it's super fun in a different way than PAD, but between the language barrier, the general aversion to F2P mobile titles on GAF, and my laziness I don't think it'd do too well, lol

What is that? I can't find anything on it, and yes I did google. :p

is it crucial to know jp to play dragon poker? seems cool, tho im guessiong language is pretty big,

Emalde did an MSPaint translation of most of the menus and at least one person who does not know a lick of Japanese has managed to stick with it and not be utterly confused. Knowing how PAD works helps cover the basics and a lot of stuff has non-text visual reinforcement to ease the language barrier.

Tobe

Emalde did an MSPaint translation of most of the menus and at least one person who does not know a lick of Japanese has managed to stick with it and not be utterly confused. Knowing how PAD works helps cover the basics and a lot of stuff has non-text visual reinforcement to ease the language barrier.

ill download the apk and try it out. see if it can get to play.

Caspel, is there any chance of having the war dragons again? would like a nobunaga or kenshin.

i was theory crafting and just imagine a a dual misato lead, Rodin, Freyr, Ares and asuka goddamn that would be amazing.

Totakeke

If it's any consolation, it definitely looks the most interesting of the other F2P mobile titles I've seen so far. The Brave Frontier thread has decent reception (but I have no interest in it). But yeah, language barrier will turn people away.

Colby

Yeah, two Valks and some masks does work on Breakers. Even with horrible combo skills (five combo average) and eight total turns, I got ~230,000 points.

Whelp so I guess f/d shiva does own tri fruits. I accidentally entered the dungeon just now and cleared with no problem. May be old news to you guys, but I was pleasantly surprised.

2 for 20 total on skillups. 1 king and 2+ eggs from 23 pulls.

Awesome stuff

edit :

Facebook said:
*Ultimate Evo Update*
[Starting]: 3/27 (Thur), Late Night - 3/28 (Fri), Early Morning (PDT)
We love our healer girls--with Lilith and Siren as some of the best! With this update, their Ultimate Evolutions have been included ingame. With both Healer and Attacker types to choose from, the Witch of the Night is even more menacing than she was before! Enchantress of the Sea is equally impressive, with more healing provided for matched orbs!
Additionally, skill changes have been made to select monsters such as the Pirate Dragons! For more information on this update, click here:

Info here

linsivvi

Evolved both. I quite like D/L Lilith with row enhance and time extend awakenings. Now if only they would activate the mythical beasts and Kirin ultimates too.

Jagernaut

Damn those stats on the D/L Lilith are crazy. Low HP but 1500 atk and 500 RCV, plus the attack boost on the active skill. Very strong. I'll keep her D/D but the light version is tempting.

I have 2 max skilled Liliths, went D/D for one, need an Angelit and dark mask then I'll make the other D/L.

Jagernaut

Any of the dragons in Gift from Heaven particularly noteworthy or should we just fill out what were missing?

They all have interesting twin star ultimate evolutions with 1 skill boost and 2 row enhances.

Ifrit - dragon/devil
Tiamat - dragon/attacker
Fafnir - dragon/balanced
Leviathan - dragon/physical
Divinegon - dragon/god

J0dy77

They all have interesting twin star ultimate evolutions with 1 skill boost and 2 row enhances.

Ifrit - dragon/devil
Tiamat - dragon/attacker
Fafnir - dragon/balanced
Leviathan - dragon/physical
Divinegon - dragon/god

Wasted 60 stamina already trying to get Ifrit. I'd suggest going for Tiamat to pair with Pandora if you don't have him already.

Has anyone evolved Lilith to D/D yet? The evo isn't working for me. Might need to restart my phone.

suko_32

Wasted 60 stamina already trying to get Ifrit. I'd suggest going for Tiamat to pair with Pandora if you don't have him already.

Has anyone evolved Lilith to D/D yet? The evo isn't working for me. Might need to restart my phone.

I've evolved both my max skilled Lilith to both paths.

Jagernaut

I don't have Pandora, I'm still considering Ifrit or Tiamat. I have enough attackers for my DTron team but need more red devils for Ronia.

I can confirm that D/D Lilith and W/W Siren evolutions are live.

Kreed

Any of the dragons in Gift from Heaven particularly noteworthy or should we just fill out what were missing?

J0dy77 posted a pretty nice twinlit video a while back for Divinegon. I'm "assuming" this would work for all 5 of the dragons give or take different subs.

Just saw this video for twinlits. Completely missed that Divinegon got this amazing buff. He's a dragon that is actually worth using now.

http://youtu.be/HZvJoRfh43c

I love when one of my mobs was a terrible pull when I got them but then becomes amazing down the line (see: Yomi).

I'm not sure if I have enough skill reduction awakenings to make this work though.

J0dy77

I've evolved both my max skilled Lilith to both paths.

Needed to reboot. When I came back online it worked, warning for others to be careful I guess.

J0dy77 posted a pretty nice twinlit video a while back for Divinegon. I'm "assuming" this would work for all 5 of the dragons give or take different subs.

Was thinking about posting that again but the real problem with this team is going to be finding a leader friend. I don't have one person that uses Divinigon or Sun Wukong on my friend list. I couldn't even find anyone on Pad Guide with Sun Wu listed as a leader. Shame.

D/L lilith is a great replacement for a king baddie on a satan team. She gives an extra row boost and her active max skilled is 10 turns for 1.5x devil attack, which is not as good as king baddie's 3x devil but it has lower cooldown and she has better stats and row enhance/orb movement time.

Ducarmel

Needed to reboot. When I came back online it worked, warning for others to be careful I guess.

Was thinking about posting that again but the real problem with this team is going to be finding a leader friend. I don't have one person that uses Divinigon or Sun Wukong on my friend list. I couldn't even find anyone on Pad Guide with Sun Wu listed as a leader. Shame.
I have a fully evolved Wukong if you need it, not maxed yet.

But how successful are these mono teams

The flaws as usual for these mono color teams is you need to mass attack, if you don't have the orbs or the skills ready for orb changing your screwed. watching that video and similar videos I really would love to see what would have happened if he needed to use an orb change in the first round and was forced to use it again in the rounds after because of not enough light orbs.

razterik

I can provide Wukong whenever you need one. Level 80, three awakenings. Would offer Divinegon as well, but I haven't wanted to spend the materials to ultimate him yet.

Hatsume went 2/3 for max from six Tengu runs. And I was planning to run this all day. Second Hanzo got one skill up, but he can stay at 7 turns until Hanahime dungeon comes out. Don't care about much about skilling Tengu himself.

Also 1/5 on Genbu so far. After seeing the new Chinese ultimates, I'm going to have to max skill two of them. More chaser survey dungeons, please!

J0dy77

I have a fully evolved Wukong if you need it, not maxed yet.

But how successful are these mono teams

The flaws as usual for these mono color teams is you need to mass attack, if you don't have the orbs or the skills ready for orb changing your screwed. watching that video and similar videos I really would love to see what would have happened if he needed to use an orb change in the first round and was forced to use it again in the rounds after because of not enough light orbs.

That team was extreme and burst threw everything. The hardest part of the twinlit dungeon is the troll effect in the first two rounds. Making this team gives you enough skill cooldowns to get through the first two rounds on auto pilot. I'm going to attempt to use the stall on the tamdra tactic in the third round and solo down the dubs. Lockouts may become a problem with this approach but it might be safer overall.

Thanks for the Sun Wukong offerings. Not sure if I have you both on the list, add me if I don't: 391130292

I added 10 friends today just because, so anyone feel free to add me.

Ducarmel

That team was extreme and burst threw everything. The hardest part of the twinlit dungeon is the troll effect in the first two rounds. Making this team gives you enough skill cooldowns to get through the first two rounds on auto pilot. I'm going to attempt to use the stall on the tamdra tactic in the third round and solo down the dubs. Lockouts may become a problem with this approach but it might be safer overall.

Thanks for the Sun Wukong offerings. Not sure if I have you both on the list, add me if I don't: 391130292

I added 10 friends today just because, so anyone feel free to add me.

We are already friends I'm nexus@gaf, usually I have Kushinanada, Valk or Ame up.

Just post when you need Wukong, he is level 48 right now and no awakenings.

I plan to max level Izanagi before I finish my Wukong hopefully I get both done by the end of this event.

Been having >0% chances of success on Twinlits with Zeus/Echidna/Valk/Orochi/UFO//Olympios. The UFO is pretty key; unlike say Droiddragon its low CD gives you a lot of breathing room for knocking out one of the 3F Dubmyths.

Zero_IYAD

A good start for this event for me:
Max skilled Odin
Max skilled a Tenth Angel -whom I never planned to skill up anyway!-
Ninth Angel is up to Skill Lvl 3
Ardbeg got a skill up while feeding him 2 of himself for awakening!
Not bad at all!

I choose Divinegon as my gift, only missing Ifrit now.

The most annoying thing about this gift from heaven is how much stamina you have to waste to get the one you want. I think i spent over 150 stamina before I got my ifrit. They should have just made the dungeon 10 stamina like all the other gifts instead of 30.

The most annoying thing about this gift from heaven is how much stamina you have to waste to get the one you want. I think i spent over 150 stamina before I got my ifrit. They should have just made the dungeon 10 stamina like all the other gifts instead of 30.

my first two attempts were Ifrit and I want Tiamat. 90 stamina down so far.

Jagernaut

So, what teams are people using for Hera-Beorc tomorrow? And how does her preemptive work, does she absorb all light attacks and heal from them for 10 turns?

saichi

With the buff, now everyone wants a Tiamat... I pulled 2 of them from REM one time and I ended up feeding them to my Vampire :(

Definitely going for Ifrit for my gift!

A good start for this event for me:
Max skilled Odin
Max skilled a Tenth Angel -whom I never planned to skill up anyway!-
Ninth Angel is up to Skill Lvl 3
Ardbeg got a skill up while feeding him 2 of himself for awakening!
Not bad at all!

I choose Divinegon as my gift, only missing Ifrit now.
A max Tenth Angel is a good tool to have in your box. Targeted 15K damage that bypasses defense can be pretty useful.

Top Bottom