• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Totakeke

Poor Gungho.

Anyone have a team that can farm super kings that's fast and doesn't depend on friend leaders? 1st turn super king still can kill my grodin team.

saichi

So, here's what I got. I want to make a team (or farm some more things that I need) that can take on a Descended, or at least start taking me through Master level dungeons, and not rely on luck.

My main team that I use is my monored, with Ame leading.

how did you get Blue Pirate?

Max skilled Grodin, Isis, and Tenth Angel. Luci needs 5 more skill-ups, but I have 61 unevolved Sixth Angels so he'll eventually get there. My second Isis only needs 2 more skill-ups. Didn't really care to max out either Isis. But since she only needs 2 more I saved 15 unevolved mobs to try to finish her off. Ninth Angels surprisingly invaded more frequently than I expected. Too bad I only got 1 skill-up out of them. No big deal though since Luci is superior when skilled-up.

razterik

Green Chaser report:

23 stones
21 chasers
Too many pirates to count.

Finished UmiYama and Kushi. Maxed a blue pirate, and fed off enough to probably do two more. Second Kushi only got one skill up.

Had a really bad dry spell late tonight. Went about 3 hours with no chasers showing at all. Got 3 back to back at the end, but died on two of them since I was tired of running this.

JP Godfest rolls:

Lu Bu, Liu Bei, Valkyrie. Awesome. Will have enough for one more try later.

raiot

Max skilled Grodin, Isis, and Tenth Angel. Luci needs 5 more skill-ups, but I have 61 unevolved Sixth Angels so he'll eventually get there. My second Isis only needs 2 more skill-ups. Didn't really care to max out either Isis. But since she only needs 2 more I saved 15 unevolved mobs to try to finish her off. Ninth Angels surprisingly invaded more frequently than I expected. Too bad I only got 1 skill-up out of them. No big deal though since Luci is superior when skilled-up.

My skillup report: 10 stones blown over the whole event:

1 maxed Grodin.
1 skill lvl 5 Grodin
1 maxed FA Lucifer
1 lucifer without a skillup (I have 40 unevolved angels left... but i dont thinkt this is worth it..)

cerberus lvl 4

Tenth angel refused to skill up after 35 feeds, so i used him only for exp...

Skill up report,

Skill level 4 fallen angel Luci with 30 unevolved in my box. I'm not making it to 5 turns, but I want to beat Cerberus (who got one skill up so is at 14 cooldown).

No GrOdin or Isis so no skill ups there.

Skill level 3 10th angel. I used most of his drops for fodder for 6th angels

Now on to black pirate dragon. I think a valk team might work, I really do but I not sure I want to waste the stam to try it

linsivvi

I'll probably bring a 100% or 80% anti dark Kirin team against black pirate dragon.

Hmm, looks like Goemon team is super fast farming, but I am not sure I want to waste precious tamadra since I seldom use him at all.

Jagernaut

I completed all difficulties of the Gungho Collab with a Valk team easily, no need for King Shynee or Echidna if you hit the bosses with a good light burst + spread cats. I'm getting a good number of Drops so I will max skill my 2nd Valk (3 skillups left), and try to skill up Bastet.

I have 1 more skillup left on my first GOdin and have 15 unevolved Fourth Angels left.

Tobe

It fucking sucks that the gung-ho collab doesn't drop evolved version of any mob. Max skilling Anubis will be a pain on the ass.

Tobe

It fucking sucks that the gung-ho collab doesn't drop evolved version of any mob. Max skilling Anubis will be a pain on the ass.

Man, I realized I really fucked up pulling the EVA REM a few days ago. Cost me 25 stones, which would've been more than enough to max Luci, Isis, and Grodin if I had saved them for stam refills. But I'm sitting on 7 stones which I doubt will be enough to pull it off even with stamina management, before the event ends. Oh well.
Update on this post from 10 days ago. You guys were right. We get enough free stones to do most stuff in this game. I was resigned to getting whatever skill-ups I could with the 7 stones I had left after pulling the EVA REM 5 times. Didn't expect to get anywhere near max skill for Luci. But I max skilled Isis, Grodin, and have plenty of Sixth Angels saved to finish off Luci. And at the end of the EVA collab, I still have 8 stones left. 1 more than when I made that post! Makes me feel better about PAD and being able to play non-IAP.

Oh, and the EVA collab wasn't even the only dungeon I played the last 10 days. So I got a lot more mileage out of those stones than just the EVA dungeon.

I completed all difficulties of the Gungho Collab with a Valk team easily, no need for King Shynee or Echidna if you hit the bosses with a good light burst + spread cats. I'm getting a good number of Drops so I will max skill my 2nd Valk (3 skillups left), and try to skill up Bastet.

I have 1 more skillup left on my first GOdin and have 15 unevolved Fourth Angels left.

What was the makeup for your team? I ran Valk/Echidna/KS/Angelion/Venus/Valk for everything but the highest difficulty. I did use Echidna but never had to use the burst from KS.

EDIT: Did the Legend difficulty with Valk/Bastet/Echidna/Angelion/Venus/Valk quite easily.

Jagernaut

What was the makeup for your team? I ran Valk/Echidna/KS/Angelion/Venus/Valk for everything but the highest difficulty. I did use Echidna but never had to use the burst from KS.

EDIT: Did the Legend difficulty with Valk/Bastet/Echidna/Angelion/Venus/Valk quite easily.

I ran my standard Valk farm team (also use it for all super kings)

Valk
Venus
CoC Healer- will replace with Angelion when I get one
Siren - freshly ultimate evolved
Bastet

I save 1 Valk + CoC healer + Siren + Bastet for 1 shot kill.

Saved up 45 stones to use on a godfest to get a better lead, don't think it's time to unload just yet. Everything there is pretty awesome but I think it's better to wait for a Chinese plus Egyptian godfest to get a better chance of a good leader for my box. Till that time comes I can work on Valkyrie, Cu Chulainn and Siegfried teams to hold me over.

Jagernaut mentioned that he ult evo'd his Siren. I don't see any reason not to, I guess.

What about Lilith? I don't use her very often but she has two options. I haven't done attacker teams so it would seem the healer variation is the one I would want to do, but is she worth it?

EDIT: And has the Kirin ultimate been added to US yet?

I'm aiming to max skill him, too. His orb change is too powerful, so it's going to be a difficult trek. =\

Also, here's some "good" news: You can totally use stones and still get S-ranks. I was playing like shit last night and blew two stones on EVA Collab (the dungeon was over already by then, so it was continue or not get S-rank) and still got the S-rank. So there's that, at least.

linsivvi

Jagernaut mentioned that he ult evo'd his Siren. I don't see any reason not to, I guess.

What about Lilith? I don't use her very often but she has two options. I haven't done attacker teams so it would seem the healer variation is the one I would want to do, but is she worth it?

EDIT: And has the Kirin ultimate been added to US yet?

No to Kirin. I found Lilith to be very useful.

I use her in twinlits and occasionally Satan teams. With 1.5 boost to devils, 1450 attack, 600 rcv and time extend awakening, you can slot her in any burst team for dungeons where you can't stall.

Jagernaut

No to Kirin. I found Lilith to be very useful.

I use her in twinlits and occasionally Satan teams. With 1.5 boost to devils, 1450 attack, 600 rcv and time extend awakening, you can slot her in any burst team for dungeons where you can't stall.

Both Lilith ultimates are good but the D/L version can be light and dark bound so it would be worse for some Twinlit teams. I use DTron who is immune to binds but every failed light bind on DTron would be more binds stacked on D/L Lilith.

Ultimate Siren has no negatives so the stat boosts are definitely worth it.

Kreed

Guys, please help me arrange a team to take down Ancient Water Dragon - Legend.. Wanna get that clear stone.

Droidragon or Neptune/AB Bluebird/Red Odin easily kill the dungeon.

Otherwise you can use a mono green team with green orb enhance & green damage multipliers, maybe with a Bastet or Kushinada to really hurt him. Or you could use King Woodsie and a mono green & balance Spike team.

Zero_IYAD

Droidragon or Neptune/AB Bluebird/Red Odin easily kill the dungeon.

Otherwise you can use a mono green team with green orb enhance & green damage multipliers, maybe with a Bastet or Kushinada to really hurt him. Or you could use King Woodsie and a mono green & balance Spike team.
Thanks you guys : )
This worked smoothly, actually stalled -& it wasn't easy with dual Bastet leads- & ended up killing the last floor without even using Top Droidragon's ability!

I went ahead and did the D/D Lilith.

Two more things:
1 - I have the light snow globe ready to feed off finally. 1.5M experience...but to what??? Some options:
- A.Zeus Olympios (80)
- A.Athena (17)
- Love Deity, Cosmos Venus (42)
- Godly Knight of the Sky, Verche (54)
- Sacred Dragon Beast, Angelion (67)
- Kirin (91)
- Archangel Metatron (34 - haven't looked at the numbers, but this would be overkill I think)

2 - I also have managed to get 8 tamas (thanks PAL dragon!). Venus, Bastet, Dark Shiva, Echidna, and Lilith are all one away from being fully awoken. R/L Horus, Siren, Ult Orochi, and Parv all have 1 awakening. Anything that should definitely get fully awoken?

I went ahead and did the D/D Lilith.

Two more things:
1 - I have the light snow globe ready to feed off finally. 1.5M experience...but to what??? Some options:
- A.Zeus Olympios (80)
- A.Athena (17)
- Love Deity, Cosmos Venus (42)
- Godly Knight of the Sky, Verche (54)
- Sacred Dragon Beast, Angelion (67)
- Kirin (91)
- Archangel Metatron (34 - haven't looked at the numbers, but this would be overkill I think)

2 - I also have managed to get 8 tamas (thanks PAL dragon!). Venus, Bastet, Dark Shiva, Echidna, and Lilith are all one away from being fully awoken. R/L Horus, Siren, Ult Orochi, and Parv all have 1 awakening. Anything that should definitely get fully awoken?

My vote goes to F/D Shiva getting fully awakened. I'm biased, though.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Thanks you guys : )
This worked smoothly, actually stalled -& it wasn't easy with dual Bastet leads- & ended up killing the last floor without even using Top Droidragon's ability!

I used Cu Chu + GrOdin + Woodsie + Zeal + ECO Alma, works pretty well for master.

Clearing as much green as possible on the first floor then stall on the second. Bursting through the rest and use Woodsie in floor 10.

Uthred

Zeus nailed me with Gaze of God (4 turns on both leaders the bastard ;) ), just wondering if you continue with a stone does it undo bind?

Kreed

Zeus nailed me with Gaze of God (4 turns on both leaders the bastard ;) ), just wondering if you continue with a stone does it undo bind?

Using a stone/continue undoes Binds and other status effects to your team, as well as clearing the entire board.

yami4ct

Ok, guess I'll give my Japanese godfest report. Got 2 Artemis and a Perseus. Guess PAD JP really wants me to run mono-green. What should I look to be building we these guys? Should I go with a perseus sub on an Artemis team? Is an Artemis sub worth it on a Perseus team? What other monsters should I be looking out for?

Update on this post from 10 days ago. You guys were right. We get enough free stones to do most stuff in this game. I was resigned to getting whatever skill-ups I could with the 7 stones I had left after pulling the EVA REM 5 times. Didn't expect to get anywhere near max skill for Luci. But I max skilled Isis, Grodin, and have plenty of Sixth Angels saved to finish off Luci. And at the end of the EVA collab, I still have 8 stones left. 1 more than when I made that post! Makes me feel better about PAD and being able to play non-IAP.

Oh, and the EVA collab wasn't even the only dungeon I played the last 10 days. So I got a lot more mileage out of those stones than just the EVA dungeon.

I think it helps when one stone restores 200+ stamina for you lol.

I think it helps when one stone restores 200+ stamina for you lol.
Heh. You're right. I didn't even think of that. It does give incentive to rank-up, though, in addition to having more team slots. When there's nothing to run, I just spend extra stam running KoG for exp/gold. Though, GH has been pretty active giving us a steady flow of content, so I haven't run KoG even on weekends for a while. I've only been running it when I'm close to a rank-up and KoG will get me over the top.

damisa

I have 55 stones saved up, the only gods I have from this godfest (including special ones like Odin) are kirin, haku, and memei, is it worth rolling or should I save for a better godfest?

Ducarmel

I have 55 stones saved up, the only gods I have from this godfest (including special ones like Odin) are kirin, haku, and memei, is it worth rolling or should I save for a better godfest?

You could always just do a yolo pull, one pull and hope you get something new that is useable as a lead or a sub.

Or you could also save them for when Sangoku gods come around to NA

Jonsoncao

Banned

I'd say do 4-5 pulls. Dark gala+godfest, chances are some nice subs for Haku.

Are we sure 5x +egg rate isn't active in Technicals? I'm running challenge mode in Technical dungeons and seem to be having pretty good +egg drop rates.

Me too. Got like 4 +eggs in 5 runs for pengdra...

razterik

Are we sure 5x +egg rate isn't active in Technicals? I'm running challenge mode in Technical dungeons and seem to be having pretty good +egg drop rates.

Facebook guys seem convinced there's a boost active, just unlisted. I'm not sure I agree, have spent a few stones and had good streaks and bad streaks.

If only there was someone around who could give a definitive answer one way or another...

Jonsoncao

Banned
O7KsYsD.jpg

Jp 30m event Godfest stat from that insane pull dude with a weirdo avatar

Althane

Should I roll hard in hopes of getting a Kirin/Haku?

I'll have 25 stones. 5 rolls for something good. Dunno if I want to spend my 200-day consecutive (what a horror show that is) on a godfest and turn out with crap though.

The perils of being non-IAP...

Jonsoncao

Banned
Should I roll hard in hopes of getting a Kirin/Haku?

I'll have 25 stones. 5 rolls for something good. Dunno if I want to spend my 200-day consecutive (what a horror show that is) on a godfest and turn out with crap though.

The perils of being non-IAP...

If you want a leader like Kirin or Haku, I suggest wait for Player's Choice.

Ducarmel

Decided to give it 2 pulls instead of 1

Peirdra

Susano

He came evolved too, always wanted him too bad I feed away those leeks I had from gunma collab.

Uthred

Why do I fool myself into thinking I'll get something decent?

Thanatos (dupe - no skill up)
Dark Golem (dupe - no skill up)
Tiamat - dupe thanks to the recent event, the gold egg trolled me well
Undine - dupe, no skill up
Apollo - No real use for him but at least he's new

Top Bottom