• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Jhriad

Decided to try to salvage the godfest by using two more pulls. My pulls now stand as follows:

Dragonette
Phoenix Knight
Pierdrawn
Succubus
Succubus

...That's the the last IAP I make for this game.

Thankfully I'm out of Best Buy Reward Zone points so I won't be tempted to pick up another Google Play gift card.

Swap the healer for another Leek and you have my Legend team. Pretty easy.
Didn't even look at the dungeon layout, but tried this team after seeing your post and beat Legend on first try. The Leaks really make a difference in being able to heal and use their shield in a pinch. And I forgot it lasts for 5 turns which was a pleasant reminder.

Even on Legend, RO non-boss drops aren't guaranteed. Ugh. Not sure it's worth grinding this out for skill ups anymore. Only Minerva seems easier to skill here than somewhere else.
I must've gotten lucky then. 1 run is the smallest sample size, but my lone Legend run yielded all 5 drops. The reason I like this dungeon is that I can actually use every single drop, save for Grendel. And Minerva is definitely worth skilling-up. 50% defense break on a 3CD is amazing. With only 3 skill boosts, it let's you defense break on turn 1 in dungeons that open with high defense monsters. Gonna try to skill-up my F/D Minerva to add to my Shiva/Ronia/Zeus/Purin toolbox.

Well, Twinlits, Trifruits, and Gold Keeper all come from the PAL machine during evo material events in JP. Whenever that gets here, it'll help a little for people who can't run those dungeons yet.
That's great news for players unable to evo their monsters due to being unable to run those dungeons. I've actually already considered rare evo PEM to be better than the Kings PEM, but this just makes it even better.

razterik

What teams are you guys using to run the RO collab?

Flame Chasers with Gigas, King Bubblie, Leek, Echidna. Since my low level Echidna is max skilled, I dropped a Leek for her.

First stage, blow them up but save a green one to charge Bubblie/Chasers.
Second stage, wear them down a little until Leek is up. Try to get Angeling down to about 75%. Hit a Chaser, Bubblie, and Leek for next stage. Match and they should both go down.
Third stage, use Echidna and focus on the middle one first. Poke down the two smaller ones. They do very little damage and it is easy to heal and stall.
Fourth stage, you have 6 turns. Burst with Gigas if necessary. Make sure to activate Leek before moving on.
Fifth stage, if you had Leek up, you will have plenty of health to heal and pound on him. If not, hope you have Echidna up or a ton of health orbs. Use Echidna whenever she is up if you are below full health. Alternate with Leek when he is available. Don't use Gigas, but pop Chasers if board is empty of hearts to refresh. Once he goes below 50%, a Chaser or Gigas burst with King Bubblie should take him down if you have enough reds. Time it with Echidna if you want extra safety.

Jagernaut

I beat RO Ace legend with

Flame Chaser
Echidna
King Bubblie
Leek
Leek
Flame Chaser

Slower than master, but very safe. I got all 5 drops, Grendel drops in evolved form. I used this strategy from puzzleanddragonsforum:

Did Legendary with Chaser, 2x Leek, Echidna, King Bubblie, Chaser.

Stage 1 - Stalled on Poporing.

Stage 2 - Got Angeling to ~75%, used Bubblie and Chaser to kill.

Stage 3 - Killed the middle one ASAP. Allowed the last to create jammers so I could stall for everything.

Stage 4 - Used Bubblie and Chaser to reduce to low HP. Stalled a few turns, then finished him off.

Stage 5 - Played super safe. Got him down to 50%, then used Echidna. Bubblie and Chaser followed by another Chaser to kill.

New Twitter survey currently active; they've changed the rules a bit following the trend in the past two dungeons and I'm a little confused about how your tweets are supposed to be structured.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140401_anke.html

1. Vote for the boss of the survey dungeon: Tweet @pad_sexy with one from the list of eligible monsters and 『対象モンスターリスト【ボス】』
All chasers (minus Purple), All king slimes, the L/D starter dragons, the golems, the healer girls (minus Naga), MIK (rip), Titan/Vamp Lord, the Fancy Dragons (minus Pierdra)

2. Vote for mobs that will spawn randomly in the dungeon. Tweet @pad_sexy with one from the list of eligible monsters and 『対象モンスターリスト【道中】』
Pirate series, Fey series, Neneko/Kodama, Mid Ninjas, tricolor Goblins, Mystic beasts (archangel/Apollo/Persephone skillups), Shoki/Jaki, resist dragons, unbustied ogres, armor-breaking knights, Dragon Plants, Divine masks, Demons, Chimeras, Pengdras

From an early cursory Twitter search Failio, Flame Chaser, and King Baddie are going to be the top contenders for boss.

edit: i cant spell

linsivvi

Haven't done Ancient Water Dragon for such a long time so I forgot it was tricolor only and brought a Haku team. My first thought was that I just wasted 50 stamina but thanks to Echidna I managed to pull it off.

muu

Went crazy on the REM.

Ares (dupe)
Sasuke (Dupe)
Ares (dupe)
Karin
Thanatos (dupe)
One True God (dupe)
Mei Mei
Orochi
Mei Mei (dupe)
Kirin (woo?)
Homurachan
Lemon Dragon
Shaitan
Undine
Kagu
Ares (dupe)

And about 10 trash drops. Nearly depleted the Itunes cards I got on deals recently and I almost have enough Areses to fill an entire party. I was hoping for a godfest-only monster or persephone...

razterik

So, Flame Chaser then. Only real contest is the sub mob. Probably a pirate or ninja skill up.

Hope they finish the Chaser series before introducing Hero skill ups to these, or someone is bound to end up like that poor ice knight.

Zero_IYAD

After 5 runs on Master it finally dropped :|

tumblr_n3d3izjVB11srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Just in case anyone was looking for a quick, safe team to use for Ancient Water Dragon, this is what I used:

Freyja (ult, max level) - here for the burst
Ancient Dragon Knight Zeal (max level, slevel 4) - fire to wood
Noble Wolf King Cu Chulainn (max level, skill) - heal to wood
Jade Oracle, Parvati (max level, alvl 1) - water to heal
Demolishing Creator, Shiva (max level, alvl) - defense buster

First time through, I forgot to bring Shiva. That was a waste of stamina. Second time through, I brought Shiva and partnered with an Artemis. Very safe, be a little careful on floor 5. Get to Bowmore, pop Shiva->Parv->Cu->Zeal->Freyja and you win. Then I did it again, but partnered with a Kushinada. Definitely make sure to kill the Frost Demon on floor 5 by the second turn but other than that, you should be golden. It probably took 5 minutes as opposed to the 15 with the Artemis. With Artemis, Echidna would get her heal on and take a little while to kill; with Kushinada, she went down in a snap. Just make sure you have Shiva ready to go before Bowmore attacks and the gold egg is yours.

Ducarmel

So does anyone use L-Meta and have some advice for Legend difficulty descendeds and Twinlits/Trifruits?

Edit: I think i read your post wrong, with L Meta you don't necessarily need to team up with another L.Meta you actually can team up with a Valk friend, or bastet friend if your good at making combos.

Healer team guide incomplete at the moment but a good intro.
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=15665

Legend difficulty dungeons always depend on the dungeon, so you have to be specific. Some of the older dungeons added to the game before or around Luci was introduced probably still are vulnerable to resist/odin teams, or 2x hp/rcv tank teams.

As for trifruit and twinlit, It depends on whether you have the monsters and skills to do them. Specific teams can destroy them easily and some teams can do them with some luck, planning and or a stone or 2.

Rekwest

8Pulls:
Vampire Lord
Vampire Lord
Shaitan(I don't know if is any good)
Mystic Ice Night +
Mystic Stone Night
Beast Rider.
Chaos Dragon Knight Level 30(i got one)
Anubis level 30

J0dy77

Are you just using the power and volume down buttons to take those? I never get it on time when I do that.

HE IS THE MASTER!!!!

What is everyone doing with the gung-ho collab mobs? Are any worth keeping. Kathy seems to be really interesting. Does she really block and counter all damage? Wouldn't that be a free win for some of the huge hitting mobs?

HE IS THE MASTER!!!!

What is everyone doing with the gung-ho collab mobs? Are any worth keeping. Kathy seems to be really interesting. Does she really block and counter all damage? Wouldn't that be a free win for some of the huge hitting mobs?
No. You still take the damage, but also deal counter damage. You still need to be able to survive the hit.

No. You still take the damage, but also deal counter damage. You still need to be able to survive the hit.
Note that you will still counter if you die, though, and that counter could very well kill your opponent. A really old Zeus strategy is to use Anubis and counter him to death. You will die, but Zeus will die, too, and then you just spend a stone to pick up your egg.

J0dy77

Ok that seemed to easy. Does make me think about a possible resolve switch team with tengu. I'll keep her around with the develing, you never know...

Did a what the hell roll in the Godfest since Kirin is available and got Artemis. I'm happy with this.

Ok that seemed to easy. Does make me think about a possible resolve switch team with tengu. I'll keep her around with the develing, you never know...

Did a what the hell roll in the Godfest since Kirin is available and got Artemis. I'm happy with this.
If you have Anubis, she skills him up.

Just rolled for the first time in like 4 months. 11 times and got 0 gods. Just reminded myself why i stopped rolling. Got about 4 Gold eggs but was 2x hanzo 1x sasuke and gryps rider. Any use for 2x hanzo? Also, what teams uses hanzo and gryps besides dmeta(which I dont have)

One more pull. Got the Red spike leader. In total I now have Kirin, Two Byakkos and Leilan in my spike team camp. I can't complain really but I wanted something with more synergy with my main Byakko team like a Loki or Persephone.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Just rolled for the first time in like 4 months. 11 times and got 0 gods. Just reminded myself why i stopped rolling. Got about 4 Gold eggs but was 2x hanzo 1x sasuke and gryps rider. Any use for 2x hanzo? Also, what teams uses hanzo and gryps besides dmeta(which I dont have)

Pandora team

Ok that seemed to easy. Does make me think about a possible resolve switch team with tengu.
FYI, with Resolve/Perseverance, counter damage is calculated only from the damage actually dealt. So, for example if you have Tengu in the lead and only 5000 HP left, a 50K damage attack will be reduced to 4999 damage, and you'll only deal 4999 x 3 = 14997 counter damage per turn over 5 turns, not taking any weaknesses/defense into account.

Jagernaut

I just fed 5 Drops at the same time to my 2nd Valkyrie and got a great and a triple skillup, now she is max skilled. I closed the app and reopened it and fed 5 Devilings to Bastet and got a double skillup. Good luck.

colinp

Banned
Is Susano a good pull? I got gungho'd pretty well by the god fest.

Flame Golem
Succubus
Dark Dragon Knight
Susano

All part of the PAD fun!

Uthred

Went against my better judgement and pulled "one more time", got a Phoenix Night, to match the three I have in my stash (for some reason), at least he got a skill-up, and it only cost me five stones, bargain! ;)

Amon37

So when I look at kirin teams it appears people go mono light with the sub colors acting as the ones to trigger the 5x not main colors?

colinp

Banned
Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*30 Million Worldwide/3 Million North America Downloads Event Part 2*
[Duration]: 3/28 (Fri), midnight - 4/10 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Just in case you thought there wasn't anything left in the event, here's a second batch of surprises! There's so much to do, we can hardly keep up with it all! See below for the list of all dungeons, bonuses, and additions during this fantastic 3 Million Downloads event!

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
4/4 - 4/10 - 1 free TAMADRA daily
※Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② New Monsters Visiting the Pal Egg Machine
The new monsters just keep on coming! These ones are a bit special, though--Twinlits and Trifruits! We hope they play along nicely with the other Pal Monsters! They're only around for this event, so get those Twinlit Ultimate Evolutions done while you can!

■③ Gift from Heaven Continued!
If you still haven't run this dungeon, there's still time! Just think, there's a special dragon waiting just for you in there!

■⑤ Awesome New Collabs
There's still three more days to run the GungHo Collaboration dungeon! Get your GungHo skill-up monsters now!

■⑥ Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
3/31 - 4/6 - GungHo Collaboration
4/4 - Hera-Ur Descended!
4/5 - Dragon Zombie
4/6 - Beelzebub Descended!
4/7 - The Goddess Descended!
4/8 - The Thief Descended!
4/9 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
4/10 - Heracles Descends!

■⑦ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
4/4 - 4/10 - Rare Evo Materials

1.5x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
2x Skill Up rate
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

yami4ct

Had a bad day, so I ended up throwing $30 into IAP today just to have some fun Godfest rolls. Had a great set of pulls between the 2 extras I got from dungeons and ones I bought. I pulled:
Green Odin (double of him. Huh. Might find some use later on)
Apollo (Joining that club I guess, haha)
Light Golem (double, no skill up. Booooo)
Sun Wukong (Worst hero god. Troll gold egg. Maybe he'll get better later)
Light Metatron (Yay! Going to be a great sub for my bastet healer team)

And my final pull................
KIRIN!

I now have her on both my US and Japanese account, so I guess I win PAD.

So cool. Never need to IAP again I guess. Great way to end a godfest/ kind of crappy day.

Top Bottom