• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I got curious about what collabs we've gotten, so I compiled a list. Out of ~22 collabs we've current seen eleven, which is the halfway mark! The ones we have yet to get can be divided up into a few categories:

When, not if
PAD Z
Princess Punt [Sweets]
Takaoka
HUNTER X HUNTER

PAD Z and Princess Punt are both GungHo properties, so I consider them a lock even though PAD Z hasn't been officially announced. Takaoka Collab I'm pretty sure doesn't have any IP restrictions so there's nothing stopping it. And given that the Eva collab happened I think HxH has a good chance of coming over to tie in with The Last Mission whenever it officially releases in North America.

Exists in the US, but may have licensing issues
Thirty-One (Bastet Robbins)
Crystal Defenders

"Thirty-One" is the branding that Basket Robbins uses in Japan. They don't use that branding in North America, but the mobs can just get renamed. Dunno what kind of a relationship BR Japan has with the parent corporation.

Crystal Defenders was originally one of the top candidates for getting released, since at one point its event BGM was present in the US data files and many of the mobs from CD have been translated into English in data. Unfortunately over a year has passed since then and the English version of CD has even gone so far as to publically mention the omission of a PAD collab in patch notes, so I don't know what's going on anymore. It's a real shame since I personally consider Crystal Defenders "the" collab.

Collabs based on smartphone games not released internationally
Airou Bazaar (Monster Hunter)
Taiko no Tatsujin
Dragon's Dogma Quest

I'd normally file these under "never fucking happening" but we got the Gunma collab (which I think got an English release just for the collab) so who the hell knows anymore. These three games are a bit more big bureaucracy than Gunma's Ambition though.

Collabs based on products only sold in Japan
Shinra Bansho (Chocopollo)
Capybara

Never fucking happening unless a miracle occurs.

Well, they could do what the Batman Collab did and give us skillup mobs specifically designed to plug up holes that JP-only collabs have left for widely used Gods.

I got curious about what collabs we've gotten, so I compiled a list. Out of ~22 collabs we've current seen eleven, which is the halfway mark! The ones we have yet to get can be divided up into a few categories:

When, not if
PAD Z
Princess Punt [Sweets]
Takaoka
HUNTER X HUNTER

PAD Z and Princess Punt are both GungHo properties, so I consider them a lock even though PAD Z hasn't been officially announced. Takaoka Collab I'm pretty sure doesn't have any IP restrictions so there's nothing stopping it. And given that the Eva collab happened I think HxH has a good chance of coming over to tie in with The Last Mission whenever it officially releases in North America.

Exists in the US, but may have licensing issues
Thirty-One (Bastet Robbins)
Crystal Defenders

"Thirty-One" is the branding that Basket Robbins uses in Japan. They don't use that branding in North America, but the mobs can just get renamed. Dunno what kind of a relationship BR Japan has with the parent corporation.

Crystal Defenders was originally one of the top candidates for getting released, since at one point its event BGM was present in the US data files and many of the mobs from CD have been translated into English in data. Unfortunately over a year has passed since then and the English version of CD has even gone so far as to publically mention the omission of a PAD collab in patch notes, so I don't know what's going on anymore. It's a real shame since I personally consider Crystal Defenders "the" collab.

Collabs based on smartphone games not released internationally
Airou Bazaar (Monster Hunter)
Taiko no Tatsujin
Dragon's Dogma Quest

I'd normally file these under "never fucking happening" but we got the Gunma collab (which I think got an English release just for the collab) so who the hell knows anymore. These three games are a bit more big bureaucracy than Gunma's Ambition though.

Collabs based on products only sold in Japan
Shinra Bansho (Chocopollo)
Capybara

Never fucking happening unless a miracle occurs.

Great write up, Cosmo. Quoting for the new page (50 posts per page 4 lyfe)

razterik

King Baddie and Wicked Lady likely going to win survey vote. Fuck.

Also, I hate Gold Keeper. Won once, lost twice. Worthless dungeon without being able to get ~80% victory rate. So irritated by this since I have all the components I need to smash this dungeon.

Edit: April 1st, bleh.

Quantum

I think this thread is worse on my addictive nature than the game itself.

I just converted to IAP and did well with my pulls - and now I want to pull again!

I also want to level my new mobs faster and am tempted to buy stones for a stamina refresh to spam on dragons for leveling, and I'd like to have a bunch of stones for the upcoming decends because I'm terrible at kirin right now.

so addictive.

and, even though I want the stones for bettering my account (leveling, larger capacity, powering through the decends) I know I'll be pulling that golden dragons arm if I buy them during godfest.

argh.

Althane

Bam. Got Mermaid from the Water Dragon.

Between that and Artemis, it has been a good week, and it's only Wednesday. Now I just need some blue masks (evo Mermaid) and mystic masks (evo... everything ever. Specifically Archangel though)

J0dy77

King Baddie and Wicked Lady likely going to win survey vote. Fuck.

Also, I hate Gold Keeper. Won once, lost twice. Worthless dungeon without being able to get ~80% victory rate. So irritated by this since I have all the components I need to smash this dungeon.

Edit: April 1st, bleh.

Man am I happy to see this. I know you maxed yours out manually making it bittersweet but there was no chance I was leveling mine manually. I'll drop as many stones as possible to make this happen (if we ever get the dungeon, my Haku is still waiting patiently).

razterik

Actually, only maxed Shynee so far. Rest are one or two from max. I could use this dungeon to finish mine and max a second. Can complete Persephone as well. But neither of these come close to comparing to the pain of attempting max skill on a Chinese god. I would rather see something much more difficult made easier. King Baddie is already the easiest king slime to max and Wicked Lady drops from two other dungeons, including an evolved version. It's a wasted opportunity.

I pulled, I am weak.

On the plus side I got a Yomi.

It looks like the Light Yomi Evo is the preferred one, but I have no clue how to use this one.

I already have a Venus (but not evolved or skilled or anything).

I pulled, I am weak.

On the plus side I got a Yomi.

It looks like the Light Yomi Evo is the preferred one, but I have no clue how to use this one.

I already have a Venus (but not evolved or skilled or anything).

D/L Yomi has 2 +orb move time awakenings and CTW which makes her great for any combo team. She also has attacker attribute and really high attack so she fits into dmeta teams and such as well.

D/L Yomi has 2 +orb move time awakenings and CTW which makes her great for any combo team. She also has attacker attribute and really high attack so she fits into dmeta teams and such as well.

So Yomi can be a good sub for things like Haku and Anubis! Ok, I think I can work with that.

I wonder when ECO will come back. Now I might actually need CtW skill ups.

still wish I had a Horus, D. Meta, U&Y, or Kirin. I am really convinced that a lot of content is locked behind those four leader monsters. Luci has only been good for so long, and 12.25 only can go so high.

EDIT: So I still hate Pirate Dragon Dungeons - but I got a shadow chaser to appear and drop. of course I know that Haku won't skill up (not that lucky) but at least I got one...

Wednesday dungeon is trolling me. I've run it three times and have not gotten the mystic to drop. I know that is a small sampling but I usually have better luck than that.

linsivvi

So Yomi can be a good sub for things like Haku and Anubis! Ok, I think I can work with that.

still wish I had a Horus, D. Meta, U&Y, or Kirin. I am really convinced that a lot of content is locked behind those four leader monsters. Luci has only been good for so long, and 12.25 only can go so high.

EDIT: So I still hate Pirate Dragon Dungeons - but I got a shadow chaser to appear and drop. of course I know that Haku won't skill up (not that lucky) but at least I got one...

Well the good news is pretty soon there'll be farmable conditional 4x monsters.

Haku can take you surprisingly far. The cool thing about haku is you can build a dark focused team, and stack mostly dark damage. Your damage output will equal or surpass some higher multipliers like horus(not ult evoed one) 16x because you are matching mostly dark orbs and running pretty much a mono dark team.

saichi

Man my wife's REM streak continues over me. We pulled 4 times each. She pulled 4 golds. I pulled 4 green stars.

It's what's inside that counts...

He is super good in ronia, satan and dtron team bro. He is better than a regular Odin. At least for me.

I have neither of those. My mian leads are Ltron, Okuni and Ame. :(

Your friends list is maxed out.
359535296 is mine.

I guess that's why your Ltron was gone. I was looking for it to take on GungHo Legend.

Wednesday dungeon is trolling me. I've run it three times and have not gotten the mystic to drop. I know that is a small sampling but I usually have better luck than that.

It's funny, because I need a dark divine mask and got slightly miffed when the Mystic dropped.

1stworldproblems.

Jonsoncao

Banned
UtsChk8.png

Woke up this morning and found some extra stamina to spare...went into Hera with the Odin team, then realized forgot to bring Neptune or Kagutsuchi...I should've really double checked...

Haku can take you surprisingly far. The cool thing about haku is you can build a dark focused team, and stack mostly dark damage. Your damage output will equal or surpass some higher multipliers like horus(not ult evoed one) 16x because you are matching mostly dark orbs and running pretty much a mono dark team.

ok Looking for Haku Friends.

399633290 -

If friends list gets full, I will get rid of more people to clear out for hakus

yami4ct

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/UtsChk8.png[/IMG]

Woke up this morning and found some extra stamina to spare...went into Hera with the Odin team, then realized forgot to bring Neptune or Kagutsuchi...I should've really double checked...

I did the same thing last time Hera rolled around. Went in with a new Odin/Double Hera team thinking it would speed things up, but I totally forgot to throw my Defense Break Golem in there. I beat the dungeon easily, but I had to spend like ~45 minutes- 1 hour on Neptune. It sucked, If I didn't have the gravities there, I would have just given up.

Jonsoncao

Banned
I did the same thing last time Hera rolled around. Went in with a new Odin/Double Hera team thinking it would speed things up, but I totally forgot to throw my Defense Break Golem in there. I beat the dungeon easily, but I had to spend like ~45 minutes- 1 hour on Neptune. It sucked, If I didn't have the gravities there, I would have just given up.

Haha, I felt your pain.

SaintR

I promised myself I wouldn't pull but seeing ppl pull Yomi I thought what the Heck.
1st pull...Yomi...at this moment in time I was like stop the chances of pulling a monster you want is like the lottery. Of course I didn't ...
Apollo(when pulled no real reason to use him)
Pierdrawn(got a skillup!)
you would think after that I should know troll center was about to begin but I said what the hey
Kirin! Apollo pull justified.
I think I should quit I will never have that kind of luck again.

suko_32

I promised myself I wouldn't pull but seeing ppl pull Yomi I thought what the Heck.
1st pull...Yomi...at this moment in time I was like stop the chances of pulling a monster you want is like the lottery. Of course I didn't ...
you would think after that I should know troll center was about to begin but I said what the hey

Stop making some of us want to pull again!

Jonsoncao

Banned

Congrats!

EDIT: Also just want to let you guys know that 5x +egg is definitely on, firstly I was just trying to get some pendgras for tomorrow's dragon plants event, then this is what happened
qJR2nfT.png

SaintR

Congrats!

EDIT: Also just want to let you guys know that 5x +egg is definitely on, firstly I was just trying to get some pendgras for tomorrow's dragon plants event, then this is what happened
qJR2nfT.png
Thanks...I thought that was for the second half of the event but if so I'll do some challenge clears if that's the case

If it makes you guys feel better, the first time I beat Hera, I had to chip out Neptune with a low-level Succubus, doing about 150 damage per round. It wasn't very pleasant.

linsivvi

Thanks...I thought that was for the second half of the event but if so I'll do some challenge clears if that's the case

That's what Gungho said on Facebook:

Q: Does +5x technical rate not appear under the name of the technical dungeons in the client like 1.5x does?
A: It doesn't, but be aware that the bonus has been active since the start of the event.

Q: So is the 5x change for +Eggs in the Tech dungeons active right now or not? The post above leaves it kind of ambiguous
A: It is indeed active!

Well, time to clear all technical challenges.

ZeroAKA

Nice to see my (lack of) luck from the EVA Collab has carried into the Gungho Collab. 15 Drops fed to my Valk and not a single skill up so far. I just need one more to max it too. :/

Goldrush

Started playing not too long ago.

Since I'm not planning to dip into IAP yet, how good is this godfest? Mostly been using the stones to expand my box. Did one pull and got myself a Persephone. Her cost will likely be too expensive for me for a while. Are these "forever" useful cards? Are these machine drop rate a semi-annual event?

Quantum

Started playing not too long ago.

Since I'm not planning to dip into IAP yet, how good is this godfest? Mostly been using the stones to expand my box. Did one pull and got myself a Persephone. Her cost will likely be too expensive for me for a while. Are these "forever" useful cards? Are these machine drop rate a semi-annual event?

GodFest events have happened I think on average 2x per month.

I played 375 days before I broke down an used IAP - you definitely do not have to rush to pay.

I would recommend playing for awhile and learning how to match and see if you actually like the game - then - if you intend to play without IAP, start over until you get a drop that will either facilitate your leveling (and increasing total stamina) or enable you to clear content.

There are *many* lists talking about what are the best initial gods to roll for, but it really depends on how you are going to play going forward.

TLDR: don't worry about the godfest, they happen a lot - much more important to see if you like the way the game works.

chrono01

I pulled six times, I couldn't resist. I got:

Archangel Metatron +1
Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
Tiamat
Incarnation of Byakko, Haku
Mystic Flame Knight
Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan

I can't complain with those rolls! All new Gods for me, as well as an Godfest-only pull. I was hoping for a Blue Sonia, but I think I did pretty well. I am happy.

Top Bottom