• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Dino Rider kinda looks like flame chaser.

LOL at the last page of YOLO rolls. 'Hate when you all do these. It makes no sense whatsoever, but it gives me an itch to pull, too.

So guys, what is the consensus on a good Dmeta team? I seem to have rolled all the subs and will try to go with poverty lilith/dmeta friend build. I have gryps, hanzo, yomi, ares, cerebus, ult evo lilith, king flamie, and a couple of other random attackers.
D/L Anubis and D/D Batman are good, too. My line up is this:

Dtron
D/L Anubis
D/L Yomi
Gryps
D/D Batman
Friend's Dtron

Bats will likely be replaced by Hanzo, when/if I ever get him.

I have both, but I don't want to evolve my batman and I don't see the value of anubis over lets say ares, or even a second hanzo. When would you ever want to slot in anubis?

Tobe

Im thinking of going into a shinji and kaworu team using max awoken Lilith and Anubis both provide healing when matching.

Usually tron teams needs orb changers and heartbreakers. Jp gets to use riders at least 2 times since they can be skilled up. But for us regular folks. We can only max skill Hanzo.

I have both, but I don't want to evolve my batman and I don't see the value of anubis over lets say ares, or even a second hanzo. When would you ever want to slot in anubis?
Well, I don't have Ares of Hanzo, so that's at least one very compelling reason for me. ;-)

But that aside, Anubis is still good because he converts green orbs to dark. Between him and Gryps, I can get a solid orb conversion and get a few dark rows to kill anything. His counter is strong, too, and if Hanzo is there, that's an even bigger set of dark orbs.

Anubis's problem is his long cool down, which is why I'm continually playing the GungHo Collab this week, since that weird lady skills him up.

Yea I have ares which is almost max skilled, (11 turn cd) so I am probably going to roll with him instead. Ares+hanzo = massive # of dark orbs. I still need to work on leveling my lilith, hanzo and gryps since i have neglected lilith for the longest time and i just pulled hanzo and gryps. Overall though, how do you avoid healing on a dmeta team? Aside from lilith having the auto heal, what do you guys do to deal with the heart orb drops?

Yea I have ares which is almost max skilled, (11 turn cd) so I am probably going to roll with him instead. Ares+hanzo = massive # of dark orbs. I still need to work on leveling my lilith, hanzo and gryps since i have neglected lilith for the longest time and i just pulled hanzo and gryps. Overall though, how do you avoid healing on a dmeta team? Aside from lilith having the auto heal, what do you guys do to deal with the heart orb drops?
The short answer, which actually took me a while to figure out, is that I don't. I just take hits and heal, clearing useless orbs until I have a strong-enough attack ready to go. Dtron, Anubis, and Yomi (and Lilith) have really good RCV, so you're just wasting time by avoiding healing. Just heal to clear up heart orbs and attack when your HP is at the right threshold (which is really easy to see now, thanks to the colors).

The short answer, which actually took me a while to figure out, is that I don't. I just take hits and heal, clearing useless orbs until I have a strong-enough attack ready to go. Dtron, Anubis, and Yomi (and Lilith) have really good RCV, so you're just wasting time by avoiding healing. Just heal to clear up heart orbs and attack when your HP is at the right threshold (which is really easy to see now, thanks to the colors).

Interesting. Im just playing around with this team and lilth as leader since i have the subs and in case i ever roll a dmeta, so I have no idea how to run this team at all. What do you do in descends when you can't take hits from the mobs? Just play more carefully?

Interesting. Im just playing around with this team and lilth as leader since i have the subs and in case i ever roll a dmeta, so I have no idea how to run this team at all. What do you do in descends when you can't take hits from the mobs? Just play more carefully?
Usually, if that comes up, it's just the boss who hits that hard. If that's the case, I'll go into the round, primed with a big attack. Otherwise, I'll probably use Horus instead.

Tobe

Get used to stalling in trash mobs and using all you heart orbs. Beware of preemptives and heart skyfalls.

An alternative is having a satan sub get hit once then go nuts. Plus 3 row enhancements don't hurt.

Fuck Cathy she doesn't drop for shit. Skilling Anubis will be a pain. More than FA luci.

Uthred

Damn, lost a stone on Hera Is because I accidentally touched the screen while "sketching" out how I was going to move the orbs, so annoying

yami4ct

Trying to get enough practice in on Ancient Water Dragon-Master before it goes to 2x drop rate so I can finally get a siren. Man, that dungeon is really touchy with a double Bastet team. It's really easily doable, but one mistake and you're out. Stalling Echdina on floors 1-4 so she's ready when you need her on floor 5 or 9 is the trickiest. Skyfalls can really kill you. Even so, I can pass it like 2/3s of the time now so I'm getting good enough to pull off what I need to.

hermit7

Trying to get enough practice in on Ancient Water Dragon-Master before it goes to 2x drop rate so I can finally get a siren. Man, that dungeon is really touchy with a double Bastet team. It's really easily doable, but one mistake and you're out. Stalling Echdina on floors 1-4 so she's ready when you need her on floor 5 or 9 is the trickiest. Skyfalls can really kill you. Even so, I can pass it like 2/3s of the time now so I'm getting good enough to pull off what I need to.

Is your echidna max skilled? Being a ten floor dungeon it is easy to stall if maxed skill.

Jagernaut

I pulled a Berry Dragon yesterday and noticed that the evolved form has 9 awakenings, how useful is it? Does it make my blue Noel obsolete?

yami4ct

I pulled a Berry Dragon yesterday and noticed that the evolved form has 9 awakenings, how useful is it? Does it make my blue Noel obsolete?

If you have the right team to use it and can pull off getting all the Awakenings, the Berry dragons are pretty amazing utility monsters. Good abilities combined with an amazing set of awakenings.

Tobe

Berry dragons go well with hero gods it's to bad the dungeon used to max skill them was the hello kitty collab. You had to be really lucky in the rem to get one at that time. I managed to get one and max skill it.

SaintR

Btw anyone playing around with Yamato Takero. I have one friend with him and in my limited time playing with him I'm having a lot fun. Granted max skill orb changers are almost a must for the harder dungeons. I was able to zero stone Thursday Dragon fruit dungeon with ease. Albeit you can easily get orb trolled but with max skill orb changers you OHKO each floor while being able to charge on tama.

Jagernaut

Btw anyone playing around with Yamato Takero. I have one friend with him and in my limited time playing with him I'm having a lot fun. Granted max skill orb changers are almost a must for the harder dungeons. I was able to zero stone Thursday Dragon fruit dungeon with ease. Albeit you can easily get orb trolled but with max skill orb changers you OHKO each floor while being able to charge on tama.

I have Yamato, I've been using him as a sub on my Ares team. Yamato + Ares changes all orbs except light to fire.

I use a Satan team to zero stone dragon fruits, what is your Yamato team?

SaintR

I have Yamato, I've been using him as a sub on my Ares team. Yamato + Ares changes all orbs except light to fire.

I use a Satan team to zero stone dragon fruits, what is your Yamato team?
Yamato (awoken)
Ronia (awoken)
Gigas (max skill)
Homura (max skill)
Echidna (you can sub in another orb changer here to be safe)
Hera-ur

Edit: since you have Ares you could sub him in whenever more power/orbs is needed

Yamato awoken helper

I asked the same question a week ago or so. I believe the response was that if you already have the first ultimates then there is little reason to change them to the new ones (you'd also have to reverse the ultimate first to do it). What I ended up doing was going through Heroes Descended earlier in this event and getting another of each. I'll get those to the new ultimate form though I just realized I will also have to work on getting them skilled up...
but if i haven't ulti evolved them yet, what should i do?

maks

No one running Satan today. So i made my first attempt at Tri-fruit with Bastet team.

Bastet
Valk
King Shynee
Venus
Amaterasu
Bastet

...I died twice. I got a mass attack but didn't do enough damage to kill seeds. On my 2nd attempt I got orb trolled on Floor 2 which got me bound and killed.

I don't think there's anything in the game right now that that Red Odin team can't handle. Aside from having an unconditional 3x damage and ridiculously great skills, that team has like 15 row enhances for red. It's insane!

Ducarmel

I wish I knew twinlit would be in pal earlier I would have saved the 30 pulls I did earlier in the event.

Had enough for 10 pulls and got a devilit out of it.

Much fewer saved up points than expected...

110 rolls
Red Keeper 3
Green Keeper 2
Light Keeper 2
Rainbow Keeper 4

Dub-Rubylit 1
Dub-Topalit 2
Dub-Emelit 1
Dub-Mythlit 1

Red Divine Mask 1
Blue Divine Mask 1
Green Divine Mask 1

Angelit 2
Devilit 1
Griffon 1
Baby Tamadra 1
Red Trifruit 2

I can now busty my Ltron without ever having run Twinlits :p

Althane

Mermaid is now Enchantress of the Sea, Siren.

So I'm happy that I've finally got that. Next goal: Archangel into Heavenly Herald, Archangel. Need two drops (Dub Topa and Dub Sapph)... we'll see if I can get them. I might need to rearrange my Wednesday dungeon team because I kill the little spirits too fast to charge my poison. End result, if I get two synched dubs, I die.

Edit: Baaaaam. Right after I post a complaint, I get Dub Topa and Dub Sapph.

Proof that Gung-Ho reads this thread!

Mermaid is now Enchantress of the Sea, Siren.

So I'm happy that I've finally got that. Next goal: Archangel into Heavenly Herald, Archangel. Need two drops (Dub Topa and Dub Sapph)... we'll see if I can get them. I might need to rearrange my Wednesday dungeon team because I kill the little spirits too fast to charge my poison. End result, if I get two synched dubs, I die.

Edit: Baaaaam. Right after I post a complaint, I get Dub Topa and Dub Sapph.

Proof that Gung-Ho reads this thread!

Wednesday/Friday dungeons if you have any 2xHP/2xRCV leads. Running 4/1/4 makes it crazy easy since you're doing 1 damage anyway.

saichi

don't see a 2x drop rate scheduled...

Top Bottom