• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

maks

Fed 4 Devilits to my D.meta. Got 3 Skill Ups!!!! Never had such luck.

But I ran GungHo Collab on legend 7 times so far in hopes of skilling up my Bastet...all im getting is Archangeling. Frustrating.

BondFancy

Trying to get a King Gold dragon is a nightmare for King Shynee...I've been running Vesta Cave which is still really challenging x.x any better ideas? My healer team is useless till I can one shot a boss...

maks

It feels as if my D. Meta team is forcing the Archangeling drop. If i had a strong light team I would go in just to see if i can get Deviling to drop.

J0dy77

Unevolved Horus is best Horus. Glad I didn't feed him away after all this time. Best artwork of all the forms, too.

Not sure what type of team I'll use for this. All of my primary mobs are fully evolved at this point. I have Robin that might fit, who know. I'll just wait for the suggested teams list to come out.

Jagernaut

Trying to get a King Gold dragon is a nightmare for King Shynee...I've been running Vesta Cave which is still really challenging x.x any better ideas? My healer team is useless till I can one shot a boss...

There is a good chance that we will get the Dungeon of Gold Dragons some time before the end of this event (April 10).

But I ran GungHo Collab on legend 7 times so far in hopes of skilling up my Bastet...all im getting is Archangeling. Frustrating.
I've actually been running it almost nonstop since it started, and I only got 1 Deviling to drop. No skill up from that, of course.

Ouch. I suggest just waiting until we get a Gold Dragon dungeon. There's a good chance we'll get one before this event is over.

edit: What Jagernaut already said.

razterik

Max skilled Isis #2 and #3, Fafnir, and three away from max on Divinegon. Bastet still not done, three levels left. Archangelings everywhere.

Tobe

O dont think I have you, you never have enough dtron friends. What's your id.

maks

O dont think I have you, you never have enough dtron friends. What's your id.

I usually keep Satan and D.Meta up for farming. Both max leveled. I won't pump +eggs into D. Meta until i get a Hanzo...probably never lol.

linsivvi

Well I do have enough cost 20 or less healers to make a low cost Valk team, but it's meaningless right now until we see what the dungeon is like.

maks

Any guides for low-cost, low rarity teams out there? Would be great if we could get it in our OP too. I am not prepared for these dungeons at all.

I skip tengu all the time and just recently RO ace dungeon. My best monster is probably AB Bluebird Blues.

Any guides for low-cost, low rarity teams out there? Would be great if we could get it in our OP too. I am not prepared for these dungeons at all.

I skip tengu all the time and just recently RO ace dungeon. My best monster is probably AB Bluebird Blues.
Flame Chaser, that's about all you need to know
My TAMAPURIN//F.Chaser team does pretty well on Tengu too as long as you don't accidentally kill 1F too quickly.

Arrr. Only rare i got from that dungeon was a Pirate.
Some of the Eva mobs also work unevolved, dunno which ones of them you managed to pick up though.

Gaea and now Zhang Xuan/Xuan Zhang/whatevs are a different matter, and I haven't paid attention to team builds for those dungeons.

So I got my second devilit!

Busty shiva will happen as soon as I get a red divine mask. 250k from evolving my Ronia, then I'll essentially have a perfect Ronia team (fully awoken shiva, fully awoken FA Luci, king baddie, and lots of good devil options for that last monster slot)

yami4ct

Siren finally gotten! Bumped down to Ancient Water Dragon expert to get more runs in at once and she ended up dropping pretty quickly. Finally.

Hige

Xuang Zang Descended dropping in JP next week, 20 cost or less conditional

Edit: unevolved Horus is 20 cost this shit gonna be free
I finally got a Dub-mythlit today and was just getting ready to evolve Horus too, damn.

I'm still far from getting a proper team for these low cost/rarity dungeons, but I'll have to be careful about what I evolve going forward unless I get dupes, blah. Gave the RO dungeon a try with Eva characters but it didn't go over too well. I started 47 days ago so I don't have the collab monsters that people were using like Batman and Leek.

I know these dungeons will come around again eventually, but that doesn't make me feel better about missing them now lol.

razterik

HvCAs2X.jpg

Me-oww!

Quantum

Gungho (and Xseed) now take up all of my time.

Between PAD and Ragnarok Ace I'm really enjoying my grindy gaming options.

I had played about 70 hours of the original RO, so I've been enjoying the heck out of ACE and am considering buying the PS3 version as well (I have the vita ver).

That being said, with PAD by converting to an IAP player with some decent rolls I now feel like I've moved backwards - I see more opportunities than before, and now want to try out different ways to play - realizing that leveling will either cost a lot of time or a lot of $$

I am really hit or miss with kirin, and I evo'd and am leveling my Luci as I've gone from maybe 30 pal points per day to well over 400-500 with a max awoken and leveling luci versus Loki.

I'm continuing to practice kirin intermittently, but wondering about the other leaders I now have - specifically Kusinadhime, and Byakko, Would it be worth it to play with these mobs to help practice spike team play?

I don't think I will be burning stones just to level - but once and awhile... (after that first IAP buy the next seem inevitable)

it seems for a kirin team my near goal should be to level my bezerk and highlander, valkyrie and fairlion. (I have echidna - crimson lotus although only level two, and an evolved susano)

Gungho is evil - the more great mobs and ways to play that you obtain, the more great mobs and ways to play you want. I am simply amazed at how much I think about this game - it seriously reminds me of my old mmorpg obsessions. I am also very cognizant of the fact that I almost lost my account and it took over 20 e-mails back and forth with gungho to get the account back - and how dumb some of gungho's policies on data back up have been without an account system, but I find myself waiting on stamina regeneration more often than not.

Kreed

Guys help me T-T
I got this update in my game where it never ends!
It's an endless cycle of updating!
What should I dooo?!

I remember this was happening with the Japanese version and US players and it was related to the time zone (the game had to be set to Japanese time). Never heard of it happening in the US version though.

Zero_IYAD

I remember this was happening with the Japanese version and US players and it was related to the time zone (the game had to be set to Japanese time). Never heard of it happening in the US version though.

Are you on Android? Are you rooted?

Manually stop the app in the Setting->App->Running. My wife experienced once for her jp account, and problem solved in this way.
Am on Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4
official version, no roots, no roms.

Seems the only way to solve this problem for me is changing the time on my device to PST.
The problem is, EVERY TIME I open the game, I have to open it while on PST time or I'll go through that endless cycle.
This is extremely annoying :(

...That being said, with PAD by converting to an IAP player with some decent rolls I now feel like I've moved backwards - I see more opportunities than before, and now want to try out different ways to play - realizing that leveling will either cost a lot of time or a lot of $$...

...I don't think I will be burning stones just to level - but once and awhile... (after that first IAP buy the next seem inevitable)...

...Gungho is evil - the more great mobs and ways to play that you obtain, the more great mobs and ways to play you want. I am simply amazed at how much I think about this game - it seriously reminds me of my old mmorpg obsessions. I am also very cognizant of the fact that I almost lost my account and it took over 20 e-mails back and forth with gungho to get the account back - and how dumb some of gungho's policies on data back up have been without an account system, but I find myself waiting on stamina regeneration more often than not.
Yeah. Once you go IAP, it can be a slippery slope. When I first started as non-IAP, I was content just clearing dungeons and getting single copies of some must-have farmable monsters. I wasn't even concerned with skill-ups at all and marveled at YT vids of players like TGP who actually had a MAX-SKILLED HADES! THAT'S CRAZY! And rank 400 Japanese players seemed like an impossible achievement.

Then I finally went IAP and ventured down the rabbit hole. I bought 85 stones at first, being the most cost efficient option and figuring it would last for quite a while. Plus I had played so much PAD already up to that point that I felt I already got well over $60 worth of enjoyment out of it.

Well that first batch of stones did last for a while. My teams still weren't optimal and I wasn't able to burn through dungeons that quickly. But then Godfest came, and I decided to pull the REM a few times. Well that few times turned into a shitload of times. I think I pulled over $500 worth of eggs in that single event. I even had to call my credit card company because they froze my account for possible fraud. I got my account unfrozen and still continue to buy stones and pull.

By the time I was done I had most of the best monsters in the game. Instantly. This was back when there were only around 400-500 monsters in the game, mind you. But now I had all these awesome monsters that I needed to level and gain rank to have enough team cost to even use. Thus began my journey of extremely heavy play to achieve those things. I would blitz Plant, Dragon, and Pengdra dungeons constantly. I would blitz the weekend dungeon for rank and gold. And when we first got the MSK dungeon, skill-up farming finally entered my play. The only thing that would get me to slow down is when there weren't any events and it wasn't a Thursday. GH's analysis no doubt showed this pattern overall because they started making events and special dungeons more and more frequent. As well as add new monsters and collab dungeons at a faster pace. We now have some kinda of special event always going on. And along the way I pulled even more Godfest REMs.

I gotta say it's really the REM where I've spent the vast majority of money. Even with constant dungeon farming and refreshes, stones last a decent while. Let's take an extreme example and say I run a 50 stam dungeon 50 times to max skill a monster, and I have 200 stam. Ignoring rank-ups and natural stam regen, it would take me around 13 stones. Subtract about 7 stones from the daily free event stones and rank-ups and natural stam regen and you can get close to breaking even. Just the other week I mentioned how I was able max skill my FA Luci, Isis, and Grodin and still ended up with more stones than when the event started.

So, truly the most evil/expensive thing in the game is the REM. If players can resist pulling that contraption too much, you can do quite a lot in PAD without too much IAP. I haven't bought stones in about 2 months since I decided to go back to playing non-IAP. It's a lot more relaxing but I'm still making good progress without feeling too limited. The biggest thing I sacrificed was farming the Super Metal/Jewel dungeons. So I'm not able max level new monsters instantly the way I used to before. But exp will always be available and farming limited time dungeons for skill-ups is more urgent.

Geeze this is a long post.

Seems the only way to solve this problem for me is changing the time on my device to PST.
The problem is, EVERY TIME I open the game, I have to open it while on PST time or I'll go through that endless cycle.

You can use Tasker to set up a script that changes the time zone, launches PAD, then changes it back after you quit.
http://tasker.dinglisch.net/

Kreed

Looking at the facebook page there doesn't seem to be an official patch for the US version/this seems to be the only solution available since 6.4.2 was released on the 13th of March.

The worst part about IAP is that once you IAP, it becomes easier to just do it too for other games. Now that I'm playing Brave Frontier more, sometimes in that game I just think about how much faster things would go if I just bought some Gems, and the urge is hard to resist.

Quantum

So, truly the most evil/expensive thing in the game is the REM. If players can resist pulling that contraption too much, you can do quite a lot in PAD without too much IAP.

I spent the lions share of my IAP pulling, and I agree about the expense and hoping I can resist, *but* after non-iap for about 370+ days it completely changed the game for me - in a great way by opening up so much more content. I just have to try not to be greedy and take my time leveling my new mobs up.

Geeze this is a long post.

I really enjoy reading your posts. I think the previous post explaining your spending habits and your ability to convert back to a non-iap player is extremely informative - this game is insanely addictive and I probably would have quit it a long time ago if not for this thread.

razterik

And another GungHo rep appears?

Thanks for the heads up. Free stuff is cool. Would like a chance to vote for a new dungeon next time!

Okuninushi done in eight feeds. Still going back for final Chiyome level. Will save hunting Dark Chasers for survey dungeon.

CoC collab coming back for two weeks starting on the 7th.

Amon37

Wow Kirin!

Just blew through legend black pirate dragon.

I know its the opposite element but my kirin team isnt even that great. What did I do without her.

Zero_IYAD

You can use Tasker to set up a script that changes the time zone, launches PAD, then changes it back after you quit.
http://tasker.dinglisch.net/

Looking at the facebook page there doesn't seem to be an official patch for the US version/this seems to be the only solution available since 6.4.2 was released on the 13th of March.
Well guys, nothing seems to solve the issue for now till I change the time zone.
Didn't know how to use that app Cosmo posted, I suck x_x
It all started yesterday, & since there's no official update it's probably because I flew between different countries of different time zones yesterday =_=

Anyway, the good news is:

tumblr_n3lu8w8Ikl1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n3m06igMfu1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Giard

Is there gonna be a x2 drop rate this afternoon for the GungHo Collab? I know they did one for Poring Tower a couple of months ago.

linsivvi

Is there gonna be a x2 drop rate this afternoon for the GungHo Collab? I know they did one for Poring Tower a couple of months ago.

Apparently not. Luckily I got the last skill up I need for Valk after 10 drops.

x2 for Ancient Water Dragon as well? Anyone knows?

Well, according to the news screen it's 2x drop right now and 3x Kraken invade rate. It doesn't say so in the dungeon screen though.

Ducarmel

Ancient dragon goes 2x 12:00 pm pst so its starts in about 30 minutes, like all other dragon dungeons on 2x bonuses.

Don't spend your stamina just yet.

yami4ct

Thanks for the heads up.

Any loot report for Siren from the master difficulty? Guys?
Pre-2x, I ran master like 8-10 times with no siren drop. I got mine from one of the like 6 expert runs I did. I probably say run expert as you can get more runs in with your stamina, but ymmv.

Althane

Pre-2x, I ran master like 8-10 times with no siren drop. I got mine from one of the like 6 expert runs I did. I probably say run expert as you can get more runs in with your stamina, but ymmv.

I got one from my second Expert run. (didn't have a team capable of doing Master or Legend)

Haven't gotten one since, but Marine goblins are not uncoomon, so I'm not worried about skilling up.

Jonsoncao

Banned
I got one from my second Expert run. (didn't have a team capable of doing Master or Legend)

Haven't gotten one since, but Marine goblins are not uncoomon, so I'm not worried about skilling up.

Thanks. Since I only have stamina for two master runs, I will try some experts then.

Master/Legend is not that difficult if you have Cu Chu+ Droid dragon + ADKZ. Carefully stall on the first or second floor, bursting through floor five using two orb changers and mass attack, stall on floor six again. On floor 9 use Cu Chu+ADKZ. Floor 10 = use droiddragon active.

Uthred

Didnt really have a chance to look at PAD today and missed the king carnival, all those wonderful xp lost forever, like tears in rain (Gung Ho's next collab should clearly be with Tyrell Corporation)

Top Bottom