• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Hige

20+ runs and no mystic knight. Somebody hold me!
Yikes, I'm only at 9 runs with no luck. I was psyched to get Kirin during the last godfest, but I need those orb changers to use her effectively, so I just stick with Horus for now. At least I got a vampire finally!

Tobe

Uvoed Asuka with full awakenings(used dupes) and got 2 skill ups 2/4 I'm happy with that :) that's a change the world in 8 turns. I'm gonna roll that Eva rem if it comes back. That shit reduces to 5 turns that is insane!!!!

xCobalt

Anyone try Fable Age? It's using the PAD formula but instead of moving orbs around to make a combo, you're just linking them. Here's a gameplay vid. It has some pretty neat features. First, rather than having a leader skill, you just have a leader spot and that's just a monster for your friends to use. Instead, you have a passive skill which will be active for all monsters (passive skills don't stack). Another feature is that when trying to skill up a monster, the more you fuse the higher the chance of skilling up. There's also a monster that you can get from the Pal Egg Machine and it has a random skill.

Could someone help me out and let me know if I have a capable team which could 0 stone the Gold Keeper dungeon ( one stone would be fine too i guess, i have 6 atm and got 15 more team dungeons to finish ) I need them for several evo's.

http://www.padherder.com/user/IAmRandom31/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0;boxatt,0

That is my current padherder.

My first thought was an Odin type tank team that could take the 110,000 hit from the keeper and have high enough RCV to heal back up after one 4-5 combo, but after thinking about it ... taking away 7,000,000 health with a Tank team would probably take 5 hours, and too much time left to get guntrolled on health orbs.

I see people suggesting Echidna builds, giving you time against the boss.

So I was thinking maybe running a dual D. Metatron team with Echidna thrown in there, but then I would have to get hit along the way and would likely heal up somewhere which could get me in trouble. Then I thought possibly my Chu balanced team, which I think may be able to work.

Anyway, throw me some suggestions! I have not begun training with Ra / Kirin style teams just yet so even though it is possible, I just am not good with them yet.

J0dy77

Still looking for a friend to trade presents with, 391,130,292. Send one and I'll send it back or post yours and I'll send.

Tobe

Could someone help me out and let me know if I have a capable team which could 0 stone the Gold Keeper dungeon ( one stone would be fine too i guess, i have 6 atm and got 15 more team dungeons to finish ) I need them for several evo's.

http://www.padherder.com/user/IAmRandom31/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0;boxatt,0

That is my current padherder.

My first thought was an Odin type tank team that could take the 110,000 hit from the keeper and have high enough RCV to heal back up after one 4-5 combo, but after thinking about it ... taking away 7,000,000 health with a Tank team would probably take 5 hours, and too much time left to get guntrolled on health orbs.

I see people suggesting Echidna builds, giving you time against the boss.

So I was thinking maybe running a dual D. Metatron team with Echidna thrown in there, but then I would have to get hit along the way and would likely heal up somewhere which could get me in trouble. Then I thought possibly my Chu balanced team, which I think may be able to work.

Anyway, throw me some suggestions! I have not begun training with Ra / Kirin style teams just yet so even though it is possible, I just am not good with them yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eALiuXoN-FY check this out for d meta. i guess its possible with a max heart maker and goemon.

Jagernaut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eALiuXoN-FY check this out for d meta. i guess its possible with a max heart maker and goemon.

I have everyone on that DTron team max leveled and max awakened, but only Parvati is max skilled. I will try it after I skill up Hanzo. One problem with that team though, a Rainbow Keeper invade will destroy you if you are not already in the < 80% hp zone. You can't survive a hit from him.

Edit. Are the Gold Keeper attacks multihits? Can you cheese through the dungeon with Odin or Orochi?

Kreed

Kind of disappointing having to feed 7 Tamadras into Awoken Kirin just to get time awakening, but that extra second is worth it.

@Jagernaut Yeah. Gold Keeper has a powerful 2-hit attack that will break through Odin's or Orochi's leader skills.

@Kreed Yeah, time extension is Sakuya's best awakening. But I still love her entire awakening set overall. I normally don't care for enhance orbs, but 2 awoken Sakuyas and a Valk sub will now have 100% enhanced Light orbs. A skill boost and 3 different resists are all great. An 8-turn(when max-skilled) 20% gravity with just the leaders. Such a great ultimate compared to the disappointing Luci and L.Tron ultimates.

yami4ct

Got a MLK from Witches Ball. Now just need dark to complete the set. Will probably try to skill-up MLK as well. Anyone know where Dark Knights are dropping?

I saw a sample team on puzzledragonx :

Ultimate Orochi
Hera Is
BOdin
Ultimate Hera
GOdin
GOdin

This team wouldn't work?
I just looked it up. I forgot ultimate Orochi's leader skill was buffed to trigger above 40% health instead of 50%. Yeah. That would work then provided you have enough HP (the post says more than 19900 HP is needed). Odin would reduce the first hit enough to stay above 40% health, then Orochi saves you from the second hit. It's not an automatic win though. The GK attacks every 2 turns, and you need to fully heal between attacks.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure if GK continues doing its multi-hit attack every 2 turns or if it repeats its entire cycle. It would be easier if it does the latter.

Jagernaut

I just looked it up. I forgot ultimate Orochi's leader skill was buffed to trigger above 40% health instead of 50%. Yeah. That would work then provided you have enough HP (the post says more than 19900 HP is needed). Odin would reduce the first hit enough to stay above 40% health, then Orochi saves you from the second hit. It's not an automatic win though. The GK attacks every 2 turns, and you need to fully heal between attacks.

How does the math work? With a max lvl and awoken GOdin friend (no plus eggs) I would have a total of 23,793 hp and 2545 rcv. (+ 1000 auto heal). After Gold Keeper's 111,940 attack how much hp would I have left?

I have no gravity skillups so it would take a while.

Edit. I probably won't do this because it takes so long, I'll try it with DTron or F/L Horus sometime.

Hsieh

How does the math work? With a max lvl and awoken GOdin friend (no plus eggs) I would have a total of 23,793 hp and 2545 rcv. (+ 1000 auto heal). After Gold Keeper's 111,940 attack how much hp would I have left?

I have no gravity skillups so it would take a while.

Edit. I probably won't do this because it takes so long, I'll try it with DTron or F/L Horus sometime.

Orochi's leader skill would mean that you would have exact 1 HP left.

The math is that Gold Keeper does 2 attacks at 55,970 each. The first hit trigger's Odin's leader skill which reduces the damage to 11,194. At this point, you will need to still have 40% HP left for orochi's leader skill You need 18,656 max HP to still have 40% left after taking the first hit. The second hit will trigger Orochi's leader skill which will reduce your HP to 1. You now have 2 turns to bring your HP so that Odin will be ready for the next attack.

Jagernaut

Orochi's leader skill would mean that you would have exact 1 HP left.

The math is that Gold Keeper does 2 attacks at 55,970 each. The first hit trigger's Odin's leader skill which reduces the damage to 11,194. At this point, you will need to still have 40% HP left for orochi's leader skill You need 18,656 max HP to still have 40% left after taking the first hit. The second hit will trigger Orochi's leader skill which will reduce your HP to 1. You now have 2 turns to bring your HP so that Odin will be ready for the next attack.

Thanks. Healing back 23k hp in 2 turns would be really difficult, I won't try this team.

linsivvi

Thanks. Healing back 23k hp in 2 turns would be really difficult, I won't try this team.

If you have Kirin it's a pretty stable team but Horus should work too if you can charge your skills in the early rounds.

Speaking of Kirin, with the ultimate and the improved active of Izanami I think I've found a pretty stable King of the Gods team.

Kirin/Echidna/Light Izanami/Hera-Is/Valk

Izanami can be used in either round 9 or 10, saving Echidna for when it really matters.

Jagernaut

If you have Kirin it's a pretty stable team but Horus should work too if you can charge your skills in the early rounds.

Speaking of Kirin, with the ultimate and the improved active of Izanami I think I've found a pretty stable King of the Gods team.

Kirin/Echidna/Light Izanami/Hera-Is/Valk

Izanami can be used in either round 9 or 10, saving Echidna for when it really matters.

I might use this Horus team when I run Gold Keeper eventually, don't need it now.

F/L Horus - max awakened
Ultimate Echidna - max skilled
W/L Parvati - max skilled
Ultimate Orochi
D/L Yomi - max awakened or Ultimate Hera
F/L Horus

Should be over 18k hp.

The CoC Collab monsters got awakenings.
PEKKA Got a Dark subtype aswell. What would be a good team to use her on? I have one but she gets no love.
10013586_813475652014362_1160955919_n.png

1479019_813475585347702_1490637062_n.png

Back when Luci was all the rage there was some theorycrafting where you could Morning Star twice in a turn cause PEKKA heals you. Dunno where else she'd be useful.

Finally 0-stoned Athena thanks to Kirin being Kirin. Got orb trolled for two turns while I had Athena in Menace but I managed to pull it off thanks to her needing a turn to charge up her huge fuckoff attack.

Anyone try Fable Age? It's using the PAD formula but instead of moving orbs around to make a combo, you're just linking them. Here's a gameplay vid. It has some pretty neat features. First, rather than having a leader skill, you just have a leader spot and that's just a monster for your friends to use. Instead, you have a passive skill which will be active for all monsters (passive skills don't stack). Another feature is that when trying to skill up a monster, the more you fuse the higher the chance of skilling up. There's also a monster that you can get from the Pal Egg Machine and it has a random skill.

Reminds me of Puyo Quest somewhat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPNWxF1tD5o

Hige

Yeah, there is a bit of similarity. Although, Fable Age's overall look is more appealing to me haha. It reminds me of some 32 bit RPGs. After putting in several hours into it, I can definitely see myself playing this in the long run.

If anyone else is playing Fable Age, let me know! My ID is JHoir19On9
I played through the tutorial and got a 4 star from the REM. I like the art style and the link system seems pretty interesting. Don't know if I have the stomach to keep rerolling for a 5 star though lol.

linsivvi

Yeah, there is a bit of similarity. Although, Fable Age's overall look is more appealing to me haha. It reminds me of some 32 bit RPGs. After putting in several hours into it, I can definitely see myself playing this in the long run.

The puzzle part is taken from Dungeon Raid, which I still play occasionally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eumnCTG0AE8

So far I'm pretty intrigued. It's different enough from the other puzzlers I play (P&D and Marvel PQ). First tutorial only got a 4 star pull, figured I'd retry so started over and got the 5 star frog prince. Seems good enough. Feel free to add me guys i9lHpiZGaX

yami4ct

Slowly building up the subs for my all light Kirin team. Trying to open up Starlight Sanctuary so I can more easily farm Dub-Myths during non-2x fridays. Damn to the normal dungeons post-Ocean of Heaven get tricky. Got through Vesta Cave and most of Prosell, but the dungeons are taking a bit more work than I expected.

New Hera descended! Hera Soil? Haha

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140416_nico.html

[ig]http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/img/140416_nico/monster.jpg[/img]

Was expected. Should be light type. Last of the set, right? Unless they start making multiple heras of the same color (wouldn't put it past them), she should be it. Hope she's better than Beroc.

xCobalt

I played through the tutorial and got a 4 star from the REM. I like the art style and the link system seems pretty interesting. Don't know if I have the stomach to keep rerolling for a 5 star though lol.

I started with a 4 star. It lets me recover 5 links every time I link a water gem. I can essentially keep making long chains indefinitely provided there's a water gem in it.

New Hera descended! Hera Soil? Haha

I'm guessing Hera-Sol makes more sense lol.

Amon37

So far I'm pretty intrigued. It's different enough from the other puzzlers I play (P&D and Marvel PQ). First tutorial only got a 4 star pull, figured I'd retry so started over and got the 5 star frog prince. Seems good enough. Feel free to add me guys i9lHpiZGaX

Is this on android?

Edit: looks like it isnt

yami4ct

Fire Val and light Hera... what other mobs would get a set lile them?

I wouldn't be surprised if they filled out the Sonia and Odin sets. Maybe turn the 'Trons into a full series. Other than that, the next series will probably be a completely new monster.

Top Bottom