• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

SaintR

Here's a lesson on why straying from our gaf brethren leads to fail. Someone from my pad list sent me a msg about gift trading or at least I assumed it was understood because of the messaging. Now since they actually msged me in game which should be done more often I was like why not. Unfortunately, the person apparently had already given their gift away. It isn't a big deal but it's just I expected a trade to make things simple.

linsivvi

Here's a lesson on why straying from our gaf brethren leads to fail. Someone from my pad list sent me a msg about gift trading or at least I assumed it was understood because of the messaging. Now since they actually msged me in game which should be done more often I was like why not. Unfortunately, the person apparently had already given their gift away. It isn't a big deal but it's just I expected a trade to make things simple.

I think you just got scammed. Unfortunately, horror stories like this does happen.

I don't think it was a scam, just that he mass-messaged his friends list and traded presents with the first person to reply.

This is why you wait for the initiator to send the present first.

Cleofis

Neo Member
I feel like I'm relying on friends to beat pretty much every single dungeon after Castle of Satan. Is this normal or should I just re-roll? I really don't want to lose all the free Tamadras I got recently...

Tobe

I feel like I'm relying on friends to beat pretty much every single dungeon after Castle of Satan. Is this normal or should I just re-roll? I really don't want to lose all the free Tamadras I got recently...

whats your box, i used to be like that then i leveled up my gods and eventually it all works again.

Cleofis

Neo Member
whats your box, i used to be like that then i leveled up my gods and eventually it all works again.

70 slots, about 52 of those are evo mats. I've been relying on my Dark Golem Mk. III 'til this point, the counter he gives one shotted nearly everything til Satan. Aside from that I'm trying to evo my Volcano and Earth Dragons right now. I've got an Icedragon Plesios, and Undine which I'm finding out isn't as good as I'd like her to be. And I'm working on evo'ing my Mandrake to get the double green Alraune. The problem is all those evo's take high level mats that I struggle to get.

After listing that I feel I should just reset. The only thing I got going for me really are all those Tamdras, I've got about eight of them.

Althane

70 slots, about 52 of those are evo mats. I've been relying on my Dark Golem Mk. III 'til this point, the counter he gives one shotted nearly everything til Satan. Aside from that I'm trying to evo my Volcano and Earth Dragons right now. I've got an Icedragon Plesios, and Undine which I'm finding out isn't as good as I'd like her to be. And I'm working on evo'ing my Mandrake to get the double green Alraune. The problem is all those evo's take high level mats that I struggle to get.

After listing that I feel I should just reset. The only thing I got going for me really are all those Tamdras, I've got about eight of them.

Tamdras are a pretty sexy thing, having 8 of them is nothing to sneeze at.

So, I'd say for your first goal, put together a team of the Rippers (The 50% resist dragons), and pick up a Resolve leader (don't die if your HP is over a certain amount ).

Other things to get are Poison monsters (Succubus, Ghostring), which will let you wipe out the Wednesday and Friday dungeons.

It's difficult to suggest teams for you, can you post pictures of your box so I can see what you have to work with right now?

SaintR

I don't think it was a scam, just that he mass-messaged his friends list and traded presents with the first person to reply.

This is why you wait for the initiator to send the present first.
Yea I want to give the person the benefit of the doubt but I should have known better.

Quantum

Here's a folder with my box. I forgot I used some Tamadras on my Dark Golem because his awoken skills seem pretty nice so I've only got six left.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r8sb3upd9kdzeqx/qyHBXdSJ2h

I am by no means an authority in the matter, but I would suggest that you re-roll if you intend to be a non-iap player.

I initially started playing 391 days ago and remained non-iap for about 370 days. My starter was Loki. Certainly not one of the best monsters now, but when I started it helped build a solid dark team that allowed me to take down some of the easier descended dungeons

I am also unfamiliar with a mono red team, but it would seem to be your best bet for building if you are going to continue (Uriel after evolution with hp x2/rcv x2 and decent awakenings)

other than that and the potential loss of the tama's and the possible experience in your light noel, you have nothing that you can't re-grind.

I guess it depends what you want to do, but at rank 46 you can restart and be well past that rank over a weekend.

but you can continue with your current deck and completely enjoy the game slowly grinding levels and putting together teams - I did it for more than a year and enjoyed the heck out of it.

Cleofis

Neo Member
More than likely I'll reset and just start over. Gala of Flame is going on so I could keep rolling until I get lucky with a Shiva or Horus pull.

I only started playing about two weeks ago so I'm not sure how often they do Tamadra give-a-ways but I can always hold out for another one of those anyhow.

Quantum

More than likely I'll reset and just start over. Gala of Flame is going on so I could keep rolling until I get lucky with a Shiva or Horus pull.

I only started playing about two weeks ago so I'm not sure how often they do Tamadra give-a-ways but I can always hold out for another one of those anyhow.

they have never given out this many tama's before, and if you read the past of this thread - they have been very hard to come by

Goldrush

For evo materials, found a reliable team on PDX to get masks and lits. A leader should have resolve (like Ogre), and the other should be siren. The rest should be low hp, high rcv, and preferably same color. Skills like poison and various healing skills are also useful for recovery from the rare bad board. As long as you keep your life near full (with siren and low hp, that would be pretty easy) and prevent monsters from attacking the same turn, you should be invincible in those dungeons up to expert.

Decided to try a different approach to a reset marathon guide, focusing more on playstyle and metagame popularity rather than more subjective evaluations of strength. Since the ROTK gods have only been available in Japan for a brief period of time, most players don't have one and I haven't been able to run with any so these are just guesses at their potential.

Monsters in bold represent popular monsters, which means you'll have an easy time finding friends to run dungeons with.
Monsters in italic represent unpopular monsters, which means you may have difficulty consistently finding friends to run dungeons with. These underused monsters may still be compatible with other overused leaders, too.
Monsters which are almost never seen have been omitted from this list.
Monsters with ($) after their names represent monsters which require many months of time with the game and/or heavy IAP spending to reach their full potential.

High Learning Curve, Combo, Spike
Sakuya, Umisachi&Yamasachi, Ra, Ookuninushi

These monsters have among the most difficult activation conditions for their leader skills in the game, but they provide a large "spike" in attack power as a reward. The difficulty curve can mostly be overcome with experience, and you will have little problem tackling the most difficult content in the game with them.

Medium/Low Learning Curve, Combo, "Spike"
Horus, Isis, Bastet, Haku, Kushinadahime, Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao, Leilan, Meimei($)

These monsters have less stringent conditions for activation, but provide less of an attack boost. Their ease of use lends them well to day-to-day farming and can kill most end-game dungeons asides from the most difficult with ease. Great for beginners.

High Output, Monocolor, Spike
Pandora($$$), Shiva($$), Parvati($$)

Pandora teams bring a unique playstyle to the game, but require both time invested and some IAP-only mobs to work correctly.

While Shiva and Parvati would normally be categorized as Balanced Monocolor leaders, they have recently received Ultimate Evolutions that give them the ability to succeed in endgame dungeons. Unfortunately, these evolutions require materials from some of the most difficult dungeons in the game to perform. It is for this reason that they have ($$) next to their names.

Low Output/Conditional, Monocolor, Spike
Ame no Uzume, Shiva, Parvati

See the previous note about Shiva and Parvati.

Balanced, Monocolor
Freyr, Freyja, Idunn & Idunna, Loki, Ares, Artemis, Hermes

Combining one of the Norse gods with the appropriate Greek god grants a total multiplier of 2xHP/4xATK/2xRCV to the appropriate color, which allows players to build sturdy yet powerful teams. The attack bonus isn't enough to tackle many endgame dungeons, but the lack of an activation requirement for their leader skills plus easily available key subs make them popular choices.

High Output, Monotype, Spike
Dark Angel "Dtron" Metatron($$$)

Dtron is considered by many to be the strongest monster in the game, but unfortunately the team almost completely requires REM-exclusive monsters to function. If you are willing to whale copiously on the game right from the get go, she's the prize many top players aspire to obtain.

Low Output/Conditional, Monotype, Spike
Princess Valkyrie (only Light version, only at Princess evolution or higher), Archangel "Ltron" Metatron, Izanagi ($$), Odin the "Blodin" War Deity($$$), Phantom God "Rodin" Odin($$$)

Healer teams, having several easy to acquire components that require no use of the REM, have remained a popular choice for players for nearly as long as the game has existed. Their fragility, however, gives them fits trying to clear many late- and end- game dungeons. Valkyrie is also attainable in-game from a brutally difficult dungeon.

Izanagi's God type multiplier makes him a difficult recommendation for beginners because the typically high cost of Gods makes it difficult to build teams featuring them early on, and they tend to be REM exclusive. However, two important subs for an Izanagi team can be attained with normal gameplay and his active ability grants great temporary spike damage. The two Odins (not Green Odin) have many of the same stipulations as Izanagi but none of the sub support, but are key components of several endgame fringe teams.

Balanced, Monotype
Red Dragoncaller "Ronia" Sonia($), Blue Dragoncaller "Blonia" Sonia($$$), Lu Bu($)

Monotype leaders that buff more than one stat. Because monotype teams are more difficult to build than monocolor teams, their multipliers have been increased to compensate, making them better suite for late and endgame content. The monsters in this category also have several temporary damage enhancement options to give them the potential for spike damage.

Stall
Archangel Lucifer (not the Fallen Angel alternative)

You may fall asleep running dungeons with Lucifer, but all of the regular content and important endgame dungeons will pose no challenge for Lucifer teams.

Anubis
Anubis

It's Anubis. #onetruegod

Tobe

one thing tho, Dtron can beat mostly anything BUT ONLY IN JP. the thing is that US doenst have the orb poison changer.

Tobe

btw i dont who mentioned Quiz RPG at the brave frontier thread but i got to say thanks its the perfect compliment to PAD.

colinp

Banned
1533717_820989357929658_5180798856416660288_n.png

*Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 4/18 (Fri), 8:00 PM - 4/19 (Sat), 7:59 PM (PDT)

From the land of Asgard and the Pearly Gates respectively, a Godfest has arrived. Don’t miss your chance to snag the Norse and Angels series gods at the Rare Egg Machine! For 24 hours, they will be available at 3x rates!

On top of that, we've also added in their 6★ evolved forms as well. That means twice as many gods have a chance to appear!

- Norse Gods -
368 Freyr
370 Idunn&Idunna
372 Freyja
374 Thor
376 Loki

- Angels -
620 Archangel Uriel
622 Archangel Gabriel
624 Archangel Michael
626 Archangel Raphael
628 Archangel Lucifer

- Special -
362 Odin
364 Odin, the War Deity
1107 Phantom God Odin
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia

Cleofis

Neo Member
According to puzzledragonx, even though Odin, Metatron, and Sonia are in that ad image they don't actually have the x3 chance to appear

Tobe

According to puzzledragonx, even though Odin, Metatron, and Sonia are in that ad image they don't actually have the x3 chance to appear

they have a special godfest where they have 3x special gods i think. but regularly they appear only in godfest.

Maledict

Just to add on the teams things for Valkyries - the blue based Valkyrie seems to be totally viable for a farming team in my experience. Has had absolutely no issue farming all the usual dungeons and is a lot easier than running my Horus based team.

I'm still using the usual set of Fairlion / Siren / Echidna / King Shynee in mine and it works a charm for the regular stuff. It's not up to farming descended dungeons but then Valkyrie based teams aren't really great for that either from my understanding.

On a side note - I would definitely love to pick up a normal Valkyrie or two, but cannot figure out an easy way to do the dungeon. I wouldn't mind have to spend a few stones to get one, but think i would end up burning through 10+ and one still wouldn't drop. It's not helped by the fact that all the sample teams on the wiki are either the usual lucifer. /2 gravity teams, or a combination of incredibly rare and max level / plus egg mobs.

Althane

I'd kind of like Uriel or Freyr for my monored team. Dunno how they are as subs, but it'd be nice to have a leader option besides "If my HP goes below 75%, my team is crippled".

Jagernaut

Just to add on the teams things for Valkyries - the blue based Valkyrie seems to be totally viable for a farming team in my experience. Has had absolutely no issue farming all the usual dungeons and is a lot easier than running my Horus based team.

I'm still using the usual set of Fairlion / Siren / Echidna / King Shynee in mine and it works a charm for the regular stuff. It's not up to farming descended dungeons but then Valkyrie based teams aren't really great for that either from my understanding.

On a side note - I would definitely love to pick up a normal Valkyrie or two, but cannot figure out an easy way to do the dungeon. I wouldn't mind have to spend a few stones to get one, but think i would end up burning through 10+ and one still wouldn't drop. It's not helped by the fact that all the sample teams on the wiki are either the usual lucifer. /2 gravity teams, or a combination of incredibly rare and max level / plus egg mobs.

You can beat Valkyrie on the easier difficulty with a completely farmable team with minimal stones.

Dark Liege Vampire Duke - leader
Hera
Hera
Siren - should be max skilled
Rainbow Keeper
Lucifer - friend leader

The drop rate is only 40% on Legend but you can keep repeating until Valkyrie drops.

Edit. You should beat Hera twice before Valkyrie, it's much easier with 100% drop rate and having 2 gravities is very useful.

colinp

Banned
Got a tamadra and a king in one run! Not two tamadra but it'll do.

Also, is this thread in decline??? No posts for nearly twelve hours! Everyone run over to Brave Frontier or something??

Uthred

Also, is this thread in decline??? No posts for nearly twelve hours! Everyone run over to Brave Frontier or something??

Thread tends to go through lulls, maybe most people are just farming away at xp or mats or what have you, which isnt the most exciting thing in the world (to do or post about ;) )

yami4ct

I'm banging my head against upper level normal dungeons, so I don't have much to talk about personally. Also, no real interesting news going on here, especially since the next godfest is kind of a flop.

Hige

I'm stuck in no man's land slowly plugging away at the T5 normal dungeons. I need to evolve my monsters to beat the dungeons more easily, but I need more team cost to fit them on my team. And I can't get mythlits (single or double) to evolve stuff with despite running technicals and the Friday dungeon as often as my stamina allows. I'm hoping I can finally evolve Horus on Friday, been waiting two weeks.

Fable Age has been a decent distraction for the last few days, too. They get some stuff right, like a separate box for evo mats that doesn't seem to have a capacity limit. And a daily shop where you can use in-game gold to buy exp and stat boost items.

Musan

Yeah, not much has been going in the game, so it seems like people are trying alternatives at the moment. For me it has been Million Arthur, since it seems to have a faster pace and can be played non-iap relatively easily.

For me, I am waiting for Twin Dragons dungeon so we begin to see Red Odin shenanigans, and Three Kingdoms godfest, since Lu Bu/Healer sisters will be big.

Colby

I'm trying to skill up King Bubblies, so my PAD time each day is letting Echidna nuke the early dungeons for mats for 15-20 minutes until my stamina is spent, then repeating before bed time. Very, very boring, but I think having all the King Bubblies max-skilled will be really useful.

linsivvi

Nah, just look at the number of posts exchanging presents. The post count will increase when there are new contents, which is this weekend with two new dungeons.

I've been busy today but I've also been slowly reading through the NPD thread. My stam actually maxed out some time earlier today. I just ran Trifruits a few times to use up some stam. 0/2 on Ronia skill-ups. Should've just used them for evos. Will leave up Zeus tonight for people running Twinlits.

colinp

Banned
Haha, glad people are still playing and the thread isn't dead. ;)

I got my MLK earlier this week and have already got him to Godly Knight Verche. Woo woo!

Just need to level him up now, ugh.

I've been busy today but I've also been slowly reading through the NPD thread. My stam actually maxed out some time earlier today. I just ran Trifruits a few times to use up some stam. 0/2 on Ronia skill-ups. Should've just used them for evos. Will leave up Zeus tonight for people running Twinlits.
That thread is nuts! Not particularly surprising, in my personal opinion, but crazy nonetheless.

But yeah. I ran away to Brave Frontier. It's not even because it's a better game; it isn't. I just don't really like the way PAD is evolving right now.

Totakeke

Added you.

Also need a few more for more attempts.

I just tried once and I had 3 mythlits up. Then after a few binds they killed me. What are you supposed to do in that case? Do a 3-orb light match?

linsivvi

So, 5 more runs of Trifruits and I still haven't gotten a baby tama. I'm beginning to think that the odds are stacked against it since I've only gotten 1 baby tama from dozens of Trifruits and Twinlits runs.

/rant

J0dy77

I forget who it was that offered to put up Sun Wu Kong earlier in the thread. Does anyone have a high level fully awoken version? George/Nico? You guys have everyone in your box, can you help me out?

Top Bottom