• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Ducarmel

I forget who it was that offered to put up Sun Wu Kong earlier in the thread. Does anyone have a high level fully awoken version? George/Nico? You guys have everyone in your box, can you help me out?
I have 3 awakenings on mine but he is only level 52, I will put him up in a bit i believe we are already friends.

Speaking of Million Arthur, Dragon Poker just announced a collab with them and another game called Battle Cats. The collab mons are... unique, let's just leave it at that.
http://app.famitsu.com/20140418_358784/

S5FoXOC.jpg

10264946_821569594538301_2017961513563295142_n.png

*Gaia Descends*
[Duration]: 4/19 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 4/20 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)
For the first time in the NA version, the raw power of mother earth herself will be unleashed. Are you ready to defeat her?
This dungeon features 2 difficulty settings: a challenging, but more manageable "Master" and a truly terrifying "Legend." Wood Monsters are known for their ample HP and high defense, so plan accordingly.
As an added challenge, this dungeon is restricted to teams featuring Monsters with a Team Cost of 14 points or lower. Share your best team building tips here! Since the Dungeon lasts for 2 days, you've got a bit of extra time to prepare.

Musan

Chaser or Purin with 2 echidnas seem to be the most popular method for US side. Once we get Twin Dragons or HunterxHunter, we'll have more options.

lenni

So, I still got my refreshed present from earlier this week.
Anyone care to trade? Just add me and hit me up with a message ingame, I'm not too active on GAF.
And if anyone is looking for friends, I still got some slots open.
My leads are mostly Dtron, Kirin, Grodin, Haku, Amaterasu and Athena.

ID: 380,733,294

Gaia?

Since I am Chaser poor (I really tried for that flame chaser damn it), I am going with the power of the Noels! I essentially have two options.

Dark Noel lead (pair with D/D Bats or another dark Noel)/ Lilith (5* skill lvl 5)/ Vamp Lord (max skilled)/ Dark Golem (skill level 3)/ D/D batman (might switch D/D batman for max skilled 5* Echidna)

Or my Crazy ridiculous RCV Green Noel Team

Green Noel Lead (no clue who to pair with other than a non-existent Green noel) / Evolved Leek/ Evolved Leek/ G&R Ultimate ogre/Earth golem (Might switch one LEEK for max skilled 5* echidna)

Neither of these will work for Mythical, but I might get through legendary with them.

Added you.

Also need a few more for more attempts.

I just tried once and I had 3 mythlits up. Then after a few binds they killed me. What are you supposed to do in that case? Do a 3-orb light match?
Accepted invite. Obviously you want to kill at least 1 or 2 Mythlits with the initial attack, but if you're stuck with 3, you just need to kill off 1 or 2 in any way you can, and hope your team isn't too strong where a single 3-orb Light match will wipe all 3 if you're at full health. But it's really impossible to give you specific advice, since it really depends what's happening in the battle and your specific team.

I forget who it was that offered to put up Sun Wu Kong earlier in the thread. Does anyone have a high level fully awoken version? George/Nico? You guys have everyone in your box, can you help me out?
He's actually the only Hero God I don't have. But it looks like Raz has you covered.

^^^

Haha! Who knew my 3 max-skilled Echidna Empresses would actually come in handy? I ultimate evo'd one, so she no longer qualifies for the dungeon. But the other 2 still do. I also have 2 max skill Gigas that I already raised to improve my Chaser team. I just need to level up the second one. Sweet serendipity!

edit: Oh man! Looks like Gigas needs 1.6mil exp to max level. Mine is currently at 70K exp. But I just realized I got a red Noel from the recent gift exchange. GH must be trying to win back my favor.

razterik

One of those Echidnas is +297 and he still cuts it pretty close a few times. Would consider unevoing my maxed Echidna for this if Gaia was worth anything. But she's not. Might try with a Leek or Bubblie in there somewhere. Probably won't bother at all, honestly. Still haven't run Hercules. All these new descends suck.

I wonder if we are getting the 5 floor or 6 floor version.

wow you really need orb move extend for Izanami. I went in first without any and got just destroyed at the end, gave me about 1 second to fire off Horus.

Went in the 2nd time with Yomi + 2x Horus and it was a breeze. No drop of course.

One of those Echidnas is +297 and he still cuts it pretty close a few times. Would consider unevoing my maxed Echidna for this if Gaia was worth anything. But she's not. Might try with a Leek or Bubblie in there somewhere. Probably won't bother at all, honestly. Still haven't run Hercules. All these new descends suck.

I wonder if we are getting the 5 floor or 6 floor version.
Hmm. Guess I could devolve my +297 Echidna if I really wanted. And his second Echidna isn't even evolved, so I'd actually have better overall stats than that team. But I actually didn't even watch the vid, just saw the team. Just took Linsivvi's word that the team "worked beautifully" which I assumed meant it was a cake walk. I guess I'll have to assess the dungeon for myself.

linsivvi

Hmm. Guess I could devolve my +297 Echidna if I really wanted. And his second Echidna isn't even evolved, so I'd actually have better overall stats than that team. But I actually didn't even watch the vid, just saw the team. Just took Linsivvi's word that the team "worked beautifully" which I assumed meant it was a cake walk. I guess I'll have to assess the dungeon for myself.

Haha, sorry for misleading you. The dungeon is pretty tough and I've been trying to figure out a team for a while. So it's not a cakewalk by any means but if you know the next enemy attack you can decide to use orb changers or Echidna to stall and it will work out fine. It was close because he didn't have a closer ie Bubblie so he was grinding against weak elements which was impressive.

If you replace a Gigas with a Bubblie I think it should make things much easier, especially floor 3.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
How many of you are entering the sweepstakes that we are having on Facebook?

Also, I was finally able to evolve my Kirin. Woo! Threw 4 tamas here way and now I'm set to start building a new team.

Totakeke

Accepted invite. Obviously you want to kill at least 1 or 2 Mythlits with the initial attack, but if you're stuck with 3, you just need to kill off 1 or 2 in any way you can, and hope your team isn't too strong where a single 3-orb Light match will wipe all 3 if you're at full health. But it's really impossible to give you specific advice, since it really depends what's happening in the battle and your specific team.

Mmm right. Thanks.

I thought the stalling part would be easy but with two of them I could still mess up and don't have enough hearts... Need to heal 9k per turn. Bleh.

Tobe

Also, I was finally able to evolve my Kirin. Woo! Threw 4 tamas here way and now I'm set to start building a new team.

i did, does it matter if im not american (but have a us address)?

Volodja

The EU Godfest started.
Greco-Roman gods and Heroes.

Pulled 5 times, got
Venus
Hades
Gigas
Lemon Dragon
Mystic Dark Knight

Not sure how good of a pull this is but eh, I'll take it.

yami4ct

I did. I actually accidentally stumbled onto it on the PAD Facebook page before it was announced here and entered, haha.

Really productive evolution day for me. Super happy for the 2x Friday drop rate. Managed to get Valk from her first evolution all the way to her Ult, get L.Meta evolved and had enough stuff left over to ultimate evolve Siren. Think I'm going to work on Apollo so I can get him up to ult and get him ready for my Kirin team. Next goal is to get a team to tackle Twinlit so I can ultimate evolve Meta, I think.

Oh, I also had a ton of Tamas left over from giveaways and the 3 or so drops I got so I decided to fully awaken L.Tron. Seems like she has useful enough awakenings for that to work out.

SaintR

Ok gents I'm almost betraying Horusdagod...fully evolved Kirin and she is sitting at lvl 50 with 5 awakenings.
I know we had a post earlier on proper Kirin teams but if anyone willing to give me an update I'd much appreciate it. I know Verche and Valk are staples but also Apollo I believe if you have one ( which I do however need the mats to evolve him and then ulti evolve him). So other than bubblie who would be the 5th?

yami4ct

Ok gents I'm almost betraying Horusdagod...fully evolved Kirin and she is sitting at lvl 50 with 5 awakenings.
I know we had a post earlier on proper Kirin teams but if anyone willing to give me an update I'd much appreciate it. I know Verche and Valk are staples but also Apollo I believe if you have one ( which I do however need the mats to evolve him and then ulti evolve him). So other than bubblie who would be the 5th?

There are a few ways you can build a Kirin team. The ones you have suggested kind of fall into two of the styles I've seen. Bubblie goes with a Physical team, which only really works to top potential with Ultimate Kirin. In that case, you wouldn't really want to run Verche as he's balanced. Maybe go with an evolved Siegfried in that case? Not too much experience on that side.

The otter monsters you mention kind of make a good mostly-light Kirin team. That type of team has a lot of advantages as you can comfortably do a large amount of damages when not able to trigger Kirin's leader skill. I would say that, since you have Apollo, Verche is also optional on that team. It might be nice to have two orb changers, but I would personally go for something with better awakenings and stats. I'd suggest putting in a delayer. Echidna or Orochi would work, but Echidna is probably more realistic as that'll give you an easier delay to skill-up. As for your last sub, you need to get something water into your team. Ultimate L.Meta is probably one of the most ideal sub right now, but not going to be feasible for most to have. I suggest just putting in your best water monster as your last sub.

am_dragon

First time I've pulled from the rare egg machine since November.
Mystic Dark Knight
Verche x2
Flame Guardian
Mermaid
At least that hasn't changed.

yami4ct

2 pulls
1 Gabriel
1 Loki

Happy with Loki, don't care about Uriel. Was only really pulling for Special Gods. Going to save my 15 stones for a better Godfest later. Maybe Player's Choice or something.

xCobalt

The most commons subs are Valkyrie, Verche, Echidna and Hera-Is. You could probably replace Hera-Is with something else but Gravity is pretty useful.

yami4ct

The most commons subs are Valkyrie, Verche, Echidna and Hera-Is. You could probably replace Hera-Is with something else but Gravity is pretty useful.

Gravity is useful, but given you already have two 20% reductions on a Kirin+Kirin Friend team, it's not as necessary as it is on some teams. Depends on what you're doing, of course, but I think a lot of the time you might find another skill more useful.

FZZ

Banned
Rolled four times

Isis
Viper Orochi
Enchantress of the Sea
Viper Orochi

Was hoping for Lucifer or a special god. For some reason everything I got was from Gala of the tides and not the godfest. Oh well. Btw is Viper Orochi viable for any teams nowadays?

yami4ct

You know how we were all saying it was a matter of time before a Mythical-level mask dungeon was coming? Guess what just got announced...

Oh boy. Should be fun. I love/hate running masks. They either kill you super quickly or you win no sweat. I suspect this will be a fairly easy Mythical, but I would have said that about Dragon Fruits before Tri-Fruit came around so I expect to be dreadfully wrong.

Is now the time for an even higher level weekend dungeon? Also, how long until we see a Monday dungeon and a whole new variety of eve mats?

Rolled four times

Isis
Viper Orochi
Enchantress of the Sea
Viper Orochi

Was hoping for Lucifer or a special god. For some reason everything I got was from Gala of the tides and not the godfest. Oh well. Btw is Viper Orochi viable for any teams nowadays?

I vaguely recall some sort of team that used a Ultimate Orochi as a resolve leader in some sort of team that could tackle one of the harder dungeons like Twinlit, but I totally blanked on the exact details. Other than that, he's a great delayer for teams that need a water sub.

Tobe

boy did i spent more than i was specting, REM addiction got me good. this was gonna suck but went better than expected. 21 pulls.

1. Farlio (3 star, of to a bad start)
2. Earth Golem (4 Star, fuck this crap)
3. Minerva (not sure what im gonna do with her but still)
4. Isis (dammit i had a gazillion eva mobs but fed them all)
5. Mermaid (fuck this 3 star shit.)
6. Hatsume (meh i guess, sasuke wouldve been awesome)
7. Dark Golem Mk II( This shit sucks)
8. Undine (well everybody who has rolled has one lol.)
9. Loki (Finally something from this godfest)
10. Dragonette (the fuck is this shit)
11. Fire Golem (what is this a family reunion)
12. Sylph (already have one...)
13. Shardra (shit)
14. Lemon Dragon (i guess i could make it work, evetually gonna roll with wukong)
15. Loki (well another one doesnt hurt)
16. Leviathan (shit tier gold egg)
17. RONIA!!!!!! (fuck yeah!!!!)
18. Dragonette (again?
19. Ice Golem (now it is a family reunion)
20. Farilion (4star version)
21. I&I (well dont know what to do with her,she was my first god, dont know if i should feed her to get awakenings or just level her up)

Tobe

Is there even anything you want out of the Godfest?

freyr, thor, loki and the special gods (ronia and rodin specially)

only got ronia and 2 lokis.

well i guess its time to make a ronia team, my Dtron team almost maxed. probably needing 10 levels on the orbchangers.

Quantum

1 roll just hoping for an odin or sonia:

Flame Guardian.

was tempted to buy more stones but this godfest has nothing that interests me enough to buy more stones to pull and I still have a ton of mobs to level up.

Ran Twinlits today for the first time since it became a part of the weekly rotation. Went 3/6 and got my first Devilit, only got the one though so I can't really use it.

Also realized I kinda like the dungeon, it's quite fun as long as you don't get screwed over.

SaintR

There are a few ways you can build a Kirin team. The ones you have suggested kind of fall into two of the styles I've seen. Bubblie goes with a Physical team, which only really works to top potential with Ultimate Kirin. In that case, you wouldn't really want to run Verche as he's balanced. Maybe go with an evolved Siegfried in that case? Not too much experience on that side.

The otter monsters you mention kind of make a good mostly-light Kirin team. That type of team has a lot of advantages as you can comfortably do a large amount of damages when not able to trigger Kirin's leader skill. I would say that, since you have Apollo, Verche is also optional on that team. It might be nice to have two orb changers, but I would personally go for something with better awakenings and stats. I'd suggest putting in a delayer. Echidna or Orochi would work, but Echidna is probably more realistic as that'll give you an easier delay to skill-up. As for your last sub, you need to get something water into your team. Ultimate L.Meta is probably one of the most ideal sub right now, but not going to be feasible for most to have. I suggest just putting in your best water monster as your last sub.

Gravity is useful, but given you already have two 20% reductions on a Kirin+Kirin Friend team, it's not as necessary as it is on some teams. Depends on what you're doing, of course, but I think a lot of the time you might find another skill more useful.
Thanks for the responses guys.. And yes Yami she is Ulti evolved so I was assuming sieg but though just put verche in there just in case orb trolled. And I also do have Ulti evolve metatron. I guess I'll play around with both styles and see how each work.

SaintR

Ran Twinlits today for the first time since it became a part of the weekly rotation. Went 3/6 and got my first Devilit, only got the one though so I can't really use it.

Also realized I kinda like the dungeon, it's quite fun as long as you don't get screwed over.
I know it's going against the grain, but I agree with you. I actually enjoy the dungeon as long as their is no sky fall its pretty much a go.

Top Bottom