• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Genji

3 pulls with the stones they have been giving us:

Ice Golem
Naga
Red Odin

Don't play a ton anymore, but will see if I can fit him in to a Dark Metatron team somehow. Dark Meta, Ares, Red Odin and then maybe Kagu, Horus, Dino Rider, Gigas? I don't know. Something to work towards at least as I haven't leveled any of my fire element subs.

Dispatch

I rolled and god two gold eggs.
1. Crystal Aurora Dragon...um, yeah, okay.
2. Dark Metatron...um, hell, yeah!

So, what are the best Dark Metatron teams?
Also, looking for Dark Metatron friends:

Ducarmel

3 rolls all silver eggs.

Naga+1, no skill up on my second naga
Berserk, finally maxed Siegfried
melon dragon

I was kind of excited for a second I thought I got the light fruit dragon it would go well for Sun Wukong team I want to build. I would have only been missing Fuma Kotaro, then closer inspection I see I got the green one. :(

So, what are the best Dark Metatron teams?

Dark meta guide
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=29757

Rolled once last night and got a Karin (blue Chinese god)

Stopped rolling after that.

Karin seems a bit limited since I don't have an orochi, but I do have lots of other fun things to run with her (unit-13, ultimate vampires, satan) but the green monsters seem like the limiting factor. ADK will fit well (orb changes a bad one to a good one), just not sure what I can slot in there (maybe Hera-beorc)

Got Gaia to drop on Master with the team in the vid Linsivvi posted except I subbed King Bubblie instead of a second Echidna. Used crazy UPC's +297 Chaser as a helper. I ain't impressed. Expected that shit to be max skilled. Lol. Anyway, even master wasn't a cakewalk. Hesitant on trying Legend. I don't want to stone just to clear it. I didn't really use any strategy on Master though, so that probably made it seem harder than it should have been.

colinp

Banned
Somehow I accidentally pulled again (I swear it was an accident!) and got a Fairlio.

How helpful is he if I already have Verche?

Jagernaut

Somehow I accidentally pulled again (I swear it was an accident!) and got a Fairlio.

Light/Wood Angelion (evolved Fairlio) is excellent for healer teams. Same skill as CoC Healer, but 1000 more hp. I still don't have one.

Kreed

On healer/Valkyrie teams Fairlio is a great sub. Also as a heart maker, Fairlio pairs well with all the heart breakers except Vampire.

Althane

Roll... Red Sonia?

... I'm okay with that!

Re-roll...

Mermaid.

Well, time to stop rolling. Got 4 more rolls for the next fest, so I'm good there. Might spend a roll picking up more box space though.

NineH

One more roll. Freyja.I want Loki dsmnit.

I wish we could trade because I want a Freyja but I just rolled a Loki. I also rolled my 3rd LMeta and I really hoped I would get a DMeta instead.

I know Freyja is sorta meh but I have a lot of Coc Goblins I am keeping for some godforsaken reason since I think it would be a waste to get rid of them since they are already evolved.

I wish we could trade because I want a Freyja but I just rolled a Loki. I also rolled my 3rd LMeta and I really hoped I would get a DMeta instead.

I know Freyja is sorta meh but I have a lot of Coc Goblins I am keeping for some godforsaken reason since I think it would be a waste to get rid of them since they are already evolved.
Yeah I jist need Loki for his enhancements on my Haku team. Don't really have a use for Freyja.

Rolled two more times.

Parvati (yay?)
Grape dragon (9 awakenings? Where do I use that?)

Fully awoken Grape dragon should slot well into my Luci team with FA Luci and Vampire (though I wish kitty collab would come back now)

Not complaining at all, between Karin last night and these that's three new monsters two gods!

No clue how to use Parvati, what teams does she work in? Physical or balanced ultimate evo?

Karin I'll have to do research into. Already have a Haku with some awesome subs.

Rolled once on each account.

Main: Drall
Alt: Drall

Hey wtf.

bmTj5cA.gif

Zero_IYAD

I hate this dungeon, this cost me stones :(
& there's no actual point behind an Ogre lead.. Just using Physical monsters to benefit from the Chaser's leader skill :|

tumblr_n4ar9wZbFF1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

razterik

Smeared Gaia on Master. This is pretty easy with Flame Chaser team. No drop.

Went for offense on Legend with two awoken King Bubblies, Gigas, and my second evo max skill Echidna. Dropped two stones, one for missing a combo on Ceres and one for being just shy of downing Gaia with my final burst. Might consider dropping Echidna since I never used her outside getting past Gaia's heat shield.

Never running this again. Now time to farm some light pirates with Ronia.

Draxal

So I got pretty heavy into brave frontier and was thinking of retrying PAD But everything is so complelety changed now. Is there an old returning players guide?.

Tobe

Evolved ronia and got her to lvl 46 with 5 ruby supers. Not great or super tho. I don't know where I'm gonna get the tamas for the ronia team. That's 5 on ronia, 4 on FA luci, 3 on vamp (tho he really doesn't need them.) hum don't know. Gonna need king baddie too.

razterik

Gold Pirate was green pirates everywhere today. And still didn't max my second Kushi. Did squeak out a couple skill ups on Kotaro and one successful Light Tron skill up. Going to be a long week holding onto whatever I scrounge up until the next event.

Grodin, Amaterusu days when everybody was running ADK teams. Thanks for that guide.
Yeah, times have changed a lot. PAD is actually now in the transition phase, between spike teams and row enhancers. It's kind of starting to hit a point where new dungeons tend to hinge on a handful of optimal teams, though, I feel.

Yeah, times have changed a lot. PAD is actually now in the transition phase, between spike teams and row enhancers. It's kind of starting to hit a point where new dungeons tend to hinge on a handful of optimal teams, though, I feel.

I think that pad metagame guide proves that this game has always been focused on a handful of optimal teams. It's just they change frequently, and gung-ho has finally found a way to monetize REM for subs as much for leaders.

Nothing more frustrating than having subs for awesome Kirin, Horus, U&Y, D meta teams and not having those leaders.

yami4ct

I think that pad metagame guide proves that this game has always been focused on a handful of optimal teams. It's just they change frequently, and gung-ho has finally found a way to monetize REM for subs as much for leaders.

Nothing more frustrating than having subs for awesome Kirin, Horus, U&Y, D meta teams and not having those leaders.

I think the big thing to note, and the sort of genius of PAD, is that the "optimal" team is rarely required. Basic multiplier teams still work for the vast majority of content. Even really hard descends like Twinlit can be cleared with a pretty farmable Valk team or Zeus team. "Top Tier" Teams rarely become made completely obsolete by newer content, though they can become difficult to maintain. The only team style I can think of that was Top Tier and is now completely untenable would be Odin teams, but even they can clear a really good chunk of the game. The key is that GungHo keeps pushing us to think we want that extra bit of power. That if we could only make that Row Enhanced/D.Meta team, the hard stuff would be way easier to pull off, even though we already have teams that can do it with a bit of luck/effort. It's quite a clever way to keep the whales pulling while not driving away F2P/moderate IAP players.

J0dy77

Gaia Master done. No drop...

Legend's gonna be a pain.

Gaia dungeon has to be the worst design piece of shit I've seen in this game. I've really been winding down with my interest after our thread has slowly lost the long term members. I've been capping out on stamina for the first time ever. The same grind over and over has finally worn me out. The same dungeons over and over with one minor new one every other month. Every new dungeon introduced has a random gimmick. The constant new burst leaders over and over. The plant and Twinlit dungeons costing way too much stamina. That's it for me. /rant off

1-stoned Gaia Legend with the same team I used for Master. Took a loss to Ceres after getting her below 50% and being unable to kill her before her big attack. But that was my fault for accidentally crossing the threshold. I was planning on bursting her when her life was just above 50%. On Gaia, I just opened with Echidna to get me through most of the Fire shield. Then I cleared the board of garbage orbs. On the turn the shield ran out, Gaia did her 99% damage attack, but I just popped Gigas to turn most of the board Fire and Bubblie burst for the victory. Taking my mistake on Ceres into consideration, I think this dungeon is farmable but tough. There's not much randomness to it.

xCobalt

Anyone know if its possible to disable comments on PDX? It's pretty annoying having to scroll through a bunch of useless comments.

Top Bottom