• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Zero_IYAD

Luckily a Griffin invaded!

tumblr_n4dlqbnvGB1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Gaia dungeon has to be the worst design piece of shit I've seen in this game. I've really been winding down with my interest after our thread has slowly lost the long term members. I've been capping out on stamina for the first time ever. The same grind over and over has finally worn me out. The same dungeons over and over with one minor new one every other month. Every new dungeon introduced has a random gimmick. The constant new burst leaders over and over. The plant and Twinlit dungeons costing way too much stamina. That's it for me. /rant off

I'm with you man. These newer dungeons havn't exactly been awe-inspiring.

Luckily a Griffin invaded!

tumblr_n4dlqbnvGB1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

This dungeon is stupid easy to S-rank. I ran with my normal tricolor team (anubis, twins, echidna, heartbreak). Since combo'ing is so easy in tricolor, my average combo was 9.2.

Thanks for the free Tam.

Susanoo for your green slot is probably a better option, especially if he has skill levels put into him. Not sure what to do about blue; maybe Drawn Joker despite him stealing orbs to activate Kirin with.

colinp

Banned
Susanoo for your green slot is probably a better option, especially if he has skill levels put into him. Not sure what to do about blue; maybe Drawn Joker despite him stealing orbs to activate Kirin with.

I was thinking of making a Blue Wood Fafnir to replace the ogre. Think that would be worthwhile? I hesitate to replace Alma as her skill is so helpful as I improve my puzzling skills.

Ducarmel

Finally made it to rank 267 / 150 stamina, only took 252 days.

I guess I'm done with grinding for rank up and just do whatever I feel like doing.

Edit: Anybody win anything off the Sweepstakes?

thetechkid

So I got a Loki on Sunday and I'm wondering, if I full evolve him and team up with another Loki while use a team of dark devils what will the multiplier be?

I'm building a team for Hera descended (my very first descended). So this team is okay?
And I'm finding Green Odin, please add me, thanks: 324.094.237

nTgeKL1.png

I'm building a team for Hera descended (my very first descended). So this team is okay?

A resist Odin team? I think you will need more than 12k to withstand Hades attack. Do you have any higher hp options than Lilith, I think you can use a light mechdragon (or light ancient dragon) with shiva to one shot Neptune instead of poison.

Green Odin's hp is above 4k at max level, but it is a lot easier to run if you have odin options when you are going into the dungeon.

colinp

Banned

Oh man, I didn't mean that I was going to use my Kirin team to take on Hera! I meant what should I choose from my box to BUILD a team to take on Hera...? Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Incidentally, which Lilith ultimate is generally considered best?

A resist Odin team? I think you will need more than 12k to withstand Hades attack. Do you have any higher hp options than Lilith, I think you can use a light mechdragon (or light ancient dragon) with shiva to one shot Neptune instead of poison.

Green Odin's hp is above 4k at max level, but it is a lot easier to run if you have odin options when you are going into the dungeon.

i don't have any auto-recover monster beside lilith and siren for the last round :(.

Ducarmel

http://i.imgur.com/nTgeKL1.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Your team is good enough. Do you have any strong light monsters

Shiva and Lilith is a little redundant either its defensive break to kill Neptune or poison. I would replace one of them with a light monster. Do you really need lilith auto-recovery Siren is not enough?

[quote="Zippedpinhead, post: 109051197"]A resist Odin team? I think you will need more than 12k to withstand Hades attack. [/QUOTE]

Odin/Resist teams only need more then 8213 to take a hit from Hades.

Anybody knows what the update this morning was for?

Your team is good enough. Do you have any strong light monsters

Shiva and Lilith is a little redundant either its defensive break to kill Neptune or poison. I would replace one of them with a light monster. Do you really need lilith auto-recovery Siren is not enough?

Odin/Resist teams only need more then 8213 to take a hit from Hades.

Anybody knows what the update this morning was for?
I need at least 1500hp to handle hera's hit (lilith, siren, odin)
I have kirin, verche, lightning holy dragon. Should i replace KOR for Kirin?

Ducarmel

I need at least 1500hp to handle hera's hit (lilith, siren, odin)
I have kirin, verche, lightning holy dragon. Should i replace KOR for Kirin?

I see you want to completely heal to 100% after every turn, without the need for a heart match. When I did it for the first time I only had 2 auto recovery and healed every turn.

I guess keep your team as it is, KOR is good for emergencies so I would keep him for now. After your first run if you think you could do without him then I would probably bring holy dragon his skill can help clear out synced mobs in the first couple of floors.

Hotfix added ult Batman, ult Princess Punt, a Takaoka mob, and ROTK mons.

JP is getting a hotfix todayish that reduces the max CD of Ninja Fireworks, Jupiter Genesis, and whatever Raphael's skill is. Also Draggie will be worth running again cause it will drop King Slimes instead of Big ones.

razterik

What's the new max countdown? Still won't use them unless the minimum goes to 15 or less.

Yay for King Slimes in Draggie. Boo to only needing a few skill ups on Flamie and Baddie. Finished the others, Woodie just yesterday. Guess it'll make my second Bubblie and Baddie go faster at least. Going to chuck the Draggie drops - so useless.

Super Golds tomorrow!

Hotfix added ult Batman, ult Princess Punt, a Takaoka mob, and ROTK mons.

JP is getting a hotfix todayish that reduces the max CD of Ninja Fireworks, Jupiter Genesis, and whatever Raphael's skill is. Also Draggie will be worth running again cause it will drop King Slimes instead of Big ones.
Say what?! Sucks for anyone who actually already bothered max-skilling a Draggie Knight.

And Raph turns the board to Hearts. It's skilled-up by Angelits. Current CD is 18 turns. So, a 2 turn improvement?

Actually, I already have all 5 max-skilled/awoken King slimes. But a second of each could be useful. Dupes wouldn't need to be max-skilled, but I'd at least get them max awoken.

ccbfan

Haha, of course. I guess they can't have them be comparable to Sonias as subs for board change. Too bad.

Shiva/Shiva Team (Or Freya/Shiva if you need more RCV, same burst damage just less regular damage) would be pretty epic with a low CD Goemon.

I've ran

Freya
Phoenix (Much better than Hera Ur because of RCV)
Enchilada
Titan
Goemon

Shiva

a good amount of times and the hardest thing was stalling for Goemon. (The RCV from Phoenix and Enchilada helps a lot).

6 * 1.5 * 10.83471 (1.10^25) * 2.8 = 273 multiplier.

Only really works for 2 or less tough enemies in a row though. (Since you really only have 2 burst, One Goemon skill which you really don't even need to use Freya for since a 182 multipler is enough and another burst when you used everything else.)

so did anyone win anything in the puzzle and dragons sweepstakes?

P&D forum is coming up zilch, same with penny-arcade. only winners I've seen is via the comment section of their facebook page.

yami4ct

King Slimes in Draggie? Cool, I guess. Great for others. Given that Sandalphon will make Shynee kind of irrelevant, I probably won't see much use out of it since all my heavy hitting teams right now are healer based.

Wonder how much of the player base is covered by P&DF and PA + GAF?

(Also, no)

I imagine that a lot of people are also from Something awful as well, or at least they started there. I'm pretty sure that most utilize the facebook because of the constant "like us on facebook" banners.

still a bit disappointed that no one seems to have won anything.

EDIT: Also king slimes in Draggie? Awesome, better if it is both levels, but Legend only would be ok I guess, especially since you get two floors with them.

Colby

I didn't win anything, but I got a magic stone for liking their 100k event page or something. Not sure if everyone got that.

Colby

Any friends who can put up a Lucifer or Heaven Neptune? I'm Tim@GAF. I'm sure I'm on some of your lists. If not, 384 134 290

EDIT: Thank you Fishio

Jagernaut

Looks like everyone got that free stone. I don't even have a FB account.

There are 5 free stones.
*100,000 Likes Surprise!*

To support our awesome and growing Facebook fan base, we've decided to give out five free Magic Stones to all users! The stones will be delivered on non-event days, for whatever use you like!

We hope you continue to visit our Facebook and share in the wonderful experience that is playing Puzzle & Dragons!

*Note: Magic Stones will be delivered on 4/11, 4/14, 4/22, 4/23, and 4/24 as Daily Log-in Bonuses.
Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

Jagernaut

*Weekend Terrors*
[Duration]: 4/25 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 4/27 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)

It takes great skill to take these monsters on--and you know what they say: the devil's in the details!

4/25 - Hera-Ur Descended!
4/26 - Beelzebub Descended!
4/27 - The Goddess Descended!

As a bonus for this special weekend, *1000 Pal Points* are being awarded to players each day!

**WARNING: You can only hold a max of 10000 Pal points--any points that go over this limit will be deleted!

quin

Is there a consensus on which dungeon is best to run when farming chasers, mythical beasts or the sort? I've run the purple flower dragon dungeon almost 40 times with no invasions. I need about 30 of those fairy things...

Is there a consensus on which dungeon is best to run when farming chasers, mythical beasts or the sort? I've run the purple flower dragon dungeon almost 40 times with no invasions. I need about 30 of those fairy things...
I've just been farming Legend, only seen one so far. This gonna be painful

razterik

If flower dragons are anything like pirates, the invade rate is best on Legend. Run the highest difficulty you can finish. I'd say wait for Pandora skill ups to show in the next survey dungeon, but who knows what dumb thing will get chosen instead.

Weekend mini event is disappointing. Have to hold on to super golds and gold pirate skill ups until sometime next week. Not enough space.

razterik

How many pal points have gungho US given you guys? Seems like you're getting them every other week!

They do this instead of the stones/Tamadras that JP gets during non-event days. It's better than nothing?

As for how many, I have 24 point messages saved since last November. Probably used about 8 since then as well.

saichi

Got a Griffin the other day... now I really regret not good enough to run Legend for the Fire one a few weeks ago since a Phoenix would complete the next level of my monored team :(

Currently -

Ame
Freyr, the Blazing Swordsman
Phnoenix Knight Homura
Gigas
Echidna

I will go for a Goemon when he comes around next time. Not sure when I will have my next chance on getting a Phoenix and with my luck, I will get a Horus from REM.

Finally made it to rank 267 / 150 stamina, only took 252 days.

I'm only about 135 after around same the amount of days :(

Top Bottom