• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Well I guess it's time to stop rolling the REM.

okcOHNQl.png

Well I guess it's time to stop rolling the REM.

[+EGGS GALORE]

Delicious.

Also, (barely) got my free tama from Lagavuilin:

Skyfalls were not being as generous as they should have, though.

On the JP side, I'm finally seeing how potent Kirin is. Made quick work of Satan, and just got Hera-Is to drop in Legendary difficulty. Astoundingly easy. Why won't you drop for me on my main account?? :(

Just cleared Trifruits for the first time! :D

First ran a Hera-Ur/Ronia team but that failed pretty badly, don't have the best subs for that one. Then I tried with a Bastet healer team + Yomi for extra time, which was fucking awesome. 2 clears so far, no problems at all. Would love to have a max skilled Valk though
or 2
, she's really resistant to skillups.

razterik

PaD Battle Tournament collab's REM monsters. Healer girls? Knight with Valkyrie should be pretty awesome. Skills seem to be similar or better than what they pair with.

Probably not coming to US unless GungHo kept all the rights for it. Other Square Enix stuff got artwork wiped from our client, so...

Also glad to see Light Hera continues the tradition of looking way better in her first form.

Tobe

For a moment I thought I won something but it turns out that it's my 200th day playing pad. Currently with 128 stam I guess it's not bad. Like ducarmel I also power ranked a lot.
Yolo pull I got another hatsume. Meh I would've wanted blue rider instead.

Althane

For a moment I thought I won something but it turns out that it's my 200th day playing pad. Currently with 128 stam I guess it's not bad. Like ducarmel I also power ranked a lot.
Yolo pull I got another hatsume. Meh I would've wanted blue rider instead.

Power ranked smartly. I'm in like 250 or something and I've only got 78 stam. Only can run one Super Dragons. =(

So, last godfest I pulled a Red Sonia. I figure she'll be a critical part of my monored team, but I don't want to give up Pheonix Knight or Gigas. Is her replacing my Volcano Dragon (once I get some levels into her, maybe evolver her) a good idea?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Power ranked smartly. I'm in like 250 or something and I've only got 78 stam. Only can run one Super Dragons. =(

So, last godfest I pulled a Red Sonia. I figure she'll be a critical part of my monored team, but I don't want to give up Pheonix Knight or Gigas. Is her replacing my Volcano Dragon (once I get some levels into her, maybe evolver her) a good idea?

Yes. A fully awoken Ronia with all those row enhancements is amazing.

What you SHOULD do is make a Ronia/Ronia team. ;)

Went a little ham on stamina refreshing for super golds in JP, but now I finally hit Rank 200 and got Athena and Raphael to their final evos. Apollo I was a bit short on exp to complete unfortunately, but next time he should get there.

Tobe

Well I iap every now and then so that may be a big difference. And also I can beat kog in about 2 mins with my team. So yeah iap win. Well I've got everything I need now. My goal is being non iap for at least 2 months.

Jonsoncao

Banned

Stamina potentia est!!!!

I am non-IAP as well, on my 121st day, and I am already rank 169. I was playing quite casually until I realized how good my godfest pulls are (Kirin, Loki, Horus, Ronia, Odin, Venus, Apollo, and many other useful subs, in under 20 pulls) after two months of playing. Then I read that famous non-IAP article on PNDforum.

Ever since, for me, the PAD totally changed. Weekday = T5 farming, weekday = OoH farming, not wasting any stamina on weekday dungeon (perhaps except Tue), use metal dragons to level up so that I can run it as many times as I could. Using up all the free stones to enlarge my box space, so that I have plenty of spaces to do the pengdra cycle (about 2 million exp per cycle).

Ronia is meant to be a leader, not a sub. You can build a pretty decent farming team around her using only farm'able subs like those ogres or devils.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ronia is meant to be a leader, not a sub. You can build a pretty decent farming team around her using only farm'able subs like those ogres or devils.

Yup...You can build a poverty Ronia team that will do fine until you luck into some beefy devils.

Ronia/Ronia + King Baddie are the staples.

From there, any devil with row enhance will make your life easier. Fire and Dark Demons are even fine (and easy to awaken).

Such a weird but good feeling seeing Super Golds active and not giving a fuck. Didn't even run it once.

I wonder if TGP quit because other JP players finally caught-up and surpassed him. That last turn was crazy, using those crazy patterns to create cascades. Still more impressed with that video some Gaffer posted of a Zaerog run. Forgot which one it was. But it had a lot of near-death moments, a couple that looked near-impossible to survive.

Ronia makes a great sub. I use her as a sub for both my Trifruits and Gold Keeper teams, which I lead with Shiva and DQ Hera, respectively. Ronia's RCV multiplier isn't as important for those dungeons, so the higher ATK multiplier is more useful. The same logic applies for any other dungeon that doesn't need her 2.5x RCV. Though, I do use a Ronia helper for those dungeons, so I still get 2.5x RCV. It's just that 6.25x RCV is overkill a lot of times.

edit: ^^^ Oh hey, Nicoga!

Stamina potentia est!!!!

I am non-IAP as well, on my 121st day, and I am already rank 169. I was playing quite casually until I realized how good my godfest pulls are (Kirin, Loki, Horus, Ronia, Odin, Venus, Apollo, and many other useful subs, in under 20 pulls) after two months of playing. Then I read that famous non-IAP article on PNDforum.

Ever since, for me, the PAD totally changed. Weekday = T5 farming, weekday = OoH farming, not wasting any stamina on weekday dungeon (perhaps except Tue), use metal dragons to level up so that I can run it as many times as I could. Using up all the free stones to enlarge my box space, so that I have plenty of spaces to do the pengdra cycle (about 2 million exp per cycle).

What is T5 and i know ocean of heaven. is OoH or starlight sanctuary better to farm? I'm trying to get a good burst leader before i farm these though. my best bet thus far are my hero gods (water and blue) but they rely too heavily on IAP and i don't iap.

i really want a (g)odin busty.

Ducarmel

T5 means tier 5 dungeons Hyperion Lava Flow, Oceanus Falls, Kronos Forest up to OoH (Ocean of Heaven).

T6 would be Vesta Cave, Frozen Soil of Prosell, Mars Crater, up to Starlight Sanctuary

Its recommended by most non iap players to play the 3rd level of T5 dungeons on 1.5x drop bonus days because they offer the most exp per stamina if your goal is to rank up fast. Otherwise just play the last level if you want higher chances of getting +eggs.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=11508
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=17840

Jonsoncao

Banned
Such a weird but good feeling seeing Super Golds active and not giving a fuck. Didn't even run it once.

Ronia makes a great sub. I use her as a sub for both my Trifruits and Gold Keeper teams, which I lead with Shiva and DQ Hera, respectively. Ronia's RCV multiplier isn't as important for those dungeons, so the higher ATK multiplier is more useful. The same logic applies for any other dungeon that doesn't need her 2.5x RCV. Though, I do use a Ronia helper for those dungeons, so I still get 2.5x RCV. It's just that 6.25x RCV is overkill a lot of times.

edit: ^^^ Oh hey, Nicoga!

Haha, sure, Lv Bu or Shiva leader and Ronia sub.

razterik

HAHAHA. PaD BT loli stomps all over Light Meta. 4x to light at full HP, active heals 7x and removes 2 turns of bind.

And guy + Gigas is attacker-type Gigas, same skill name, row enhance.

Jagernaut

Three Kingdoms gods will be in the REM starting tomorrow. I hope the next Godfest has another good pantheon (not Greek 1.0) as well as Three Kingdoms.

From Facebook:

*Rare Egg Machine Update*
[Duration]: 4/25 (Fri), 12:00 AM – 5/1 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PDT)

The Forest Gala has arrived at the Rare Egg Machine. If you’re looking to bring some arboreal aggression to your team, look no further ! Forest-dwellers will arrive at level 30!

New monsters have arrived at the Rare Egg Machine! Three Kingdoms gods have been added to the lineup, but at non-gala rates and levels.

6 ★
560 Wind Prodigy, Sasuke
514 More Cu Chulainn, the Hero
383 Marine Rider Robin

5 ★
1080 Green Sky Fruit, Melon Dragon
1069 Perseus
803 Kushinadahime
749 Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
634 Astaroth
624 Archangel Michael
571 Artemis
494 Bastet
372 Freyja
240 Parvati
136 Susano
126 Ceres

559 Sarutobi Sasuke
382 Marine Rider
357 Sylph, the Wind Elemental
318 Wood Mech Warrior, Asgard
296 Fortoytops
231 Ancient Dragon Knight
224 Cu Chulainn, the Green Lancer
213 Graviton Earth Dragon
203 Mystical Forest Pixie, Alraune
117 Fafnir

4 ★
1079 Melon Dragon
356 Sylph
295 Toyceratops
223 Highlander
116 Dragonette
103 Dragon Knight
93 Mandrake
83 Earth Guardian

*While other Monsters are still available, only these Wood Attribute Monsters have the chance to appear at level 30.

Colby

When's the next event?! I've got 15 King Gold Slimes ready to give me one skill up :)

It's strange how when we started playing, events were a huge deal, but now we spend more time in an event than out of one.

Totakeke

Are the twinlits guaranteed drops even on non 2x days?

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140424_padbt.html
http://imgur.com/a/FKYam
Hela Soel
God/Devil [LD - 3315/1325/399] - Cost : 60
Reduce dark damage / Auto recovery / Light att enhance
Skill : (20→7) Reduce damage taken for one turn, enhance light orb
LSkill : God type HP/ATK/RCV x1.5

ジャッジゴーレム Judge Golem (Mid boss)
Physical [RG - 3521/1088/31] - Cost : 12
Extend time / Bind resist
Skill : (20→10) Reduce damage taken for one turn, reduce enemy defense for one turn (??%)
LSkill : Fire and Wood ATK x2

マドロミドラゴン/カクセイドラゴン Sleeping Dragon/Awaken Dragon
Dragon [BL - 3213/1242/153(B - 1606/767/94)] - Cost 40(20)
Dark orb enhance / Skill boost
Skill : (28→14) Slightly increase dragon type damage (1.5?) for one turn, deal 50x damage to 1 enemy
LSkill : Dragon type ATK x3.5 (x3), RCV reduced to half

PADBT REM, don't get fooled by the monster behind them, their types are different
Yo&Siegfried (rare)
Balanced [WW - 3020/1319/342 (B - 1510/814/211)] - Cost 25(15)
Water orb enhance / Resist skill lock / Water att enhance / Skill boost
Skill : (15→811) Reduce damage taken for one turn (??%), change dark and heart orbs to water
LSkill : Balanced type HPx2, ATKx2.5 (HPx2, ATKx2)
edit: fixed

Tinnin&Angel (rare)
Dragon/Healer (Dragon) [LL - 2835/1055/614 (L - 1418/651/379)] - Cost 25(15)
Resist skill lock / Auto recovery / Resist bind / Skill boost
Skill : (11→7) Recover HP of RCV x7, recover 2 turn binds
LSkill : Light ATK x4 (x3) at full HP

Chika&Minerva
Healer/God [FF - 2805/1008/500] Cost - 20
Fire orb enhance / Fire att enhance / Skill boost
Skill : (10→3) Quick bomb (same as Minerva) Reduce enemy defense to half, deal 10x damage to 1 enemy.

Murakumo&GGG
Attacker [FF - 3158/1523/56] Cost - 20
Fire orb enhance / Resist poison / Fire att enhance
Skill : (11→5) Attack stance Fire (same as Titan) Change heart to fire
LSkill: Attacker type HP/ATK/RCV x1.5

Leona&Siren
Balanced [WW - 2685/1132/436] Cost - 20
Water orb enhance / Auto recovery / Water att enhance
Skill : (11→5) Defense stance Water (same as Siren) Change fire to heart
LSkill : Balanced type HP/ATK/RCV x1.5

Volen&Artemis
Healer/God [GG - 2327/1159/524] Cost - 20
Wood orb enhance / Skill boost / Wood att enhance
Skill : (16→9) Double attack stance (same as Artemis) Change fire and heart to wood
LSkill : Healer type HP/ATK/RCV x1.5

Patricia&Valkyrie
Physical [LL - 3595/1098/180] Cost - 20
Light orb enhance / Resist blind / Light att enhance
Skill : (11→5) Attack stance Light (same as Valkyrie) Change heart to light
LSkill : Physical type HP/ATK/RCV x1.5

Anne&CDD
Devil/Dragon [DD - 2400/1181/511] Cost - 20
Dark orb enhance / Dark att enhance / Skill boost
Skill (15→10) : Hell ball (same as CDD) 20000 damage to enemy. Change water to dark.
LSkill : Devil type HP/ATK/RCV x1.5

http://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDr...84_115_padbt_collab_monster_skills_and_stats/

razterik

When's the next event?! I've got 15 King Gold Slimes ready to give me one skill up :)

It's strange how when we started playing, events were a huge deal, but now we spend more time in an event than out of one.

Probably Tuesday? Wednesday at the latest. They seem fairly adverse to starting events on Mondays, unfortunately. Good luck with the Shynees. At least you can farm Draggie in the future.

Are the twinlits guaranteed drops even on non 2x days?

Fairly certain that Trifruits/Twinlits/Gold Keeper all have guaranteed boss drops. I think all other floors are 50% drop rate.

I thought that one was a boy?

linsivvi

Arcade collab is meaningless to US and EU players. It will never happen.

Still waiting for the PADZ announcement so we can get that collab some day.

razterik

Wait and see what they do for devil ultimates? 4/0/4 teams are mostly dead. Also, they killed her collab skill up in the US version.

maks

Haven't used my Astaroth in any team this year. I like her awakenings. Hopefully she will become a better sub after uvo. Maybe give her Attacker sub-type :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Haven't used my Astaroth in any team this year. I like her awakenings. Hopefully she will become a better sub after uvo. Maybe give her Attacker sub-type :)

Asty and Amon were two of my favorite monsters conceptually. I guess all the counter gods were cool...Just those two in particular stuck out to me. It's really too bad counter is sort of garbage with the way power creep worked out.

With all the events that have been happening over the past few weeks, Im actually happy to have a non event time period. It gives me some time to collect evo mats or do things that I otherwise dont have time to do during events.

Top Bottom