• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Kreed

Was hoping Karin would luck out and get Devil typing, but physical Karin isn't bad since she can work with Blue Sonia/Blue Odin.

Tobe

So just better stats and more awakenings on riders? Well thank god I can run twinlits now. Gryps and Arthur are gonna be easy to evolve.

BondFancy

I put my luci up for you, good luck with valkyrie.

Thank you so much man! Got it first try thanks to you!

zgKDHMg.jpg

Tobe

Evolving valk is such a pain that(well all heartbreakers) investing tamas isn't such a bad idea.

Who is stoning baby tama dungeon today? I wish to get at least 15 I need so many dammit. Ronia, FA luci, loser tron, Bastet,Anubis goddamit.

Kreed

Haku should have a devil ultimate.

devil is for Haku

Of course it is! Because she's the most popular/most used of the Chinese Gods excluding Kirin. Does that mean Gungho couldn't, you know, also give Karin a Devil type to make her more popular since she is the least popular of the Chinese Gods? Nope, iinstead she gets Physical and Dragon, Dragon being the worst of the 6 types Gungho could have given her (yes I know she's always had a dragon in her background art so this was a long time coming, but it isn't helpful to the character).

Jagernaut

I can't get S rank on Ancient Wood Dragon. My best run was an A with a Bastet/Kushinada team, average 8.6 combo with a total of 151,902. I can make 6 combos but only get 1 or 2 more from skyfalls. Just poor luck.

Jagernaut

Of course it is! Because she's the most popular/most used of the Chinese Gods excluding Kirin. Does that mean Gungho couldn't, you know, also give Karin a Devil type to make her more popular since she is the least popular of the Chinese Gods? Nope, iinstead she gets Physical and Dragon, Dragon being the worst of the 6 types Gungho could have given her (yes I know she's always had a dragon in her background art so this was a long time coming, but it isn't helpful to the character).

I have Karin and Haku and think physical is better than devil for Karin since her main color is blue. I also have BOdin, Amon, Orochi, and Leviathan so I'll definitely make my Karin physical.

razterik

I can't get S rank on Ancient Wood Dragon. My best run was an A with a Bastet/Kushinada team, average 8.6 combo with a total of 151,902. I can make 6 combos but only get 1 or 2 more from skyfalls. Just poor luck.

Try dropping the rarity of one or two subs if you are having trouble getting enough combos. If you are taking red subs, you are probably overkilling most things in the dungeon anyway.

Colby

So which Karin is best? I have one max level and Awoken, but I've never used her. I'm guessing Physical is the best? Does her leader skill change at all?

razterik

Leader skill changes on the dragon one. Can now match hearts + two colors to activate 3.5x. The physical one gains more awakenings, but no change in leader skill.

Jagernaut

Try dropping the rarity of one or two subs if you are having trouble getting enough combos. If you are taking red subs, you are probably overkilling most things in the dungeon anyway.

On the next try I dropped the average rarity from 6.3 to 5.5 but the average combo was still 8.2 so I only got an A rank. It took 12 turns but I almost killed him on turn 11.

Just cleared KoG and Valk Legend with a D/W Batman team, it's pretty cool to have 2x damage for 2 rounds. Really wish I had any of the Sonias for a more reliable orb change though.

It's too bad that he is so rare, only 2 of my friends are using him, but it's a really fun team to play. He's not really Killua good, but with the right team you could beat quite a few dungeons I think.

razterik

On the next try I dropped the average rarity from 6.3 to 5.5 but the average combo was still 8.2 so I only got an A rank. It took 12 turns but I almost killed him on turn 11.

Huh. You must be right on the cusp of the S-Rank, too. I really don't have any more advice other than to spend more time on each board. In tricolor, I found it's sometimes better to clear large chunks instead of getting one extra combo, especially if it leaves your orbs scattered or separated.

Jagernaut

Huh. You must be right on the cusp of the S-Rank, too. I really don't have any more advice other than to spend more time on each board. In tricolor, I found it's sometimes better to clear large chunks instead of getting one extra combo, especially if it leaves your orbs scattered or separated.

I had a score of 153,202. What is the minimum score for S rank?

J0dy77

Anyone else notice they shafted the US version of the Haku Survey dungeon? Instead of having the chaser as the boss he's a random invade? What is that about?

yami4ct

Spent 2 stones on the Metal Gold dungeon. Wound up with 8 gold dragons and 6 baby tamas. Not bad. Not bad at all. Because of the low stam requirement, this is probably my new favorite urgent. Super Dragons are great, but the low stam for Baby Tamas and the hardest to get mats for them is pretty damn awesome. Guess that means we'll never see it again, given GungHo's style of not giving us the dungeons we want.

Tobe

Spent 2 stones on the Metal Gold dungeon. Wound up with 8 gold dragons and 6 baby tamas. Not bad. Not bad at all. Because of the low stam requirement, this is probably my new favorite urgent. Super Dragons are great, but the low stam for Baby Tamas and the hardest to get mats for them is pretty damn awesome. Guess that means we'll never see it again, given GungHo's style of not giving us the dungeons we want.

i knew that saving those 30+ gold dragons would pay off. now on to farm fruits flower and lits.

am_dragon

Spent 2 stones on the Metal / Gold, 4 tama's after a total of 12 runs. I then promptly sold all the baby gold's before looking at the evo mats... so... I guess it will be a few weeks before I get to use them. Honestly I didn't think this dungeon was worth it at all, I think I ended with something like 12 baby golds and 10 baby metal, only 1 king total.

yami4ct

Spent 2 stones on the Metal / Gold, 4 tama's after a total of 12 runs. I then promptly sold all the baby gold's before looking at the evo mats... so... I guess it will be a few weeks before I get to use them. Honestly I didn't think this dungeon was worth it at all, I think I ended with something like 12 baby golds and 10 baby metal, only 1 king total.

Depends on the value of the tamas to you. For pure monster exp, it isn't great. The thing it does get you is the baby tamas and the rarest evo material to get it to a regular tama. Given the rarity of tamas given out for free to the US side, how rarely they even show up from metal dungeons and the high stamina and team requirements to get babies from Twinlits, I found the Gold Metal dungeon to be super valuable.

am_dragon

Depends on the value of the tamas to you. For pure monster exp, it isn't great. The thing it does get you is the baby tamas and the rarest evo material to get it to a regular tama. Given the rarity of tamas given out for free to the US side, how rarely they even show up from metal dungeons and the high stamina and team requirements to get babies from Twinlits, I found the Gold Metal dungeon to be super valuable.

While they are super valuable to me and I can't run twinlit yet, I've had very good luck getting tamas out of jewel dragon dungeons during events. I have at least 5 cards max awoken and I've really only tried for them for about 6 weeks. I quit playing in November so I know I missed a lot, but I'm back into it now. The break really helped me appreciate the game more, it had gotten to be a grind.

Colby

4 runs, 4 Baby Tams, with two of those in one run. I'd have stoned a ton at any other time, but I was busy trying to win the tourny on Quiz RPG :)

I guess I'll go with physical Karin. Ease of activation was not Karin's issue...

linsivvi

2 stamina refresh netted me 8 baby tamas and a health amount of xp. Not bad at all. Guess I won't be running twinlits and trifruits for a while.

Kings carnival next!

NineH

I actually had a three tama run but only the one on the last stage dropped. 2 tamas out of 4 runs, I'm not sure if that is good or not but I can always use more tamadras.

Top Bottom