• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Just evo'd Lu Bu after 9 pendgra village runs (holding hundreds of dragon plants and metal dragons). I have got to say that the new team already trumps the old team in doing King of Gods, both dmg- and stability- wise.

New team
Fully awoken: Lu Bu, Loki, Ronia
Hera-Ur + an unevo'd Ronia pulled last night
Friend: Ronia

Old team:
Ronia, Loki, Hera-Ur, Awoken Hera, King baddie
Friend: Ronia

Based on the statistics, Kronos Forest is better. T6 dungeons for me other than Starlight are solely for evo mats.
T5 is way better than T6 in terms of exp and +, also you get metal kings much more often in T5 than light metal kings in T6.
thanks a lot.

Tobe

Big problem about rolling caocao is that I don't have the subs. Ideally you would have ares/ Freyr/Rodin/????? As subs. But I got like Dino rider and nothing red as attacker. Next time a godeft comes with are I'm rolling.

edit: on my box i have leilan (she gets atk sub type later on) i got max awaken asuka like i said before dino rider and kagu. thats 6 row enhancement. what im lacking is orb changers. probably blow caocao on sub boss. and then leilan pllus rider.

fuck not getting freyr last godfest

Quantum

had a crappy day at work I said wtf.

did I need to? no - did I enjoy the rolls - yes.

15 rolls.

Archangel Metatron (+1)
Dark Golem (+1)
Baal
Hades
Guan Yu (Bearded) (+1)
Mermaid (+1)
Hatsume no Tsubone
Pierdrawn (+1)
Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao (+1)
Artemis (+1)
Mystic Light knight (+1)
Berserk
Succubus (+1)
Astaroth (+1)
Guan Yu (bearded)

9 golds, 1 silver, 4 green star

other then the silver and trash green star there were no dupes.

not terrible. Definitely some interesting additions and has me looking at the game again from another perspective, although If I had a lot to level and evolve before rolling...

Hige

It's not there for me either. :(

Gimme some apology stones, GungHo!

Edit: Looking at their facebook page, group B started 2 hours later than expected. So I guess I'll wait and see.

Uthred

Didnt realise Pengdra Village was on today, slacking on PAD this week, luckily that along with all the Light Pendgra and Kings I had stockpiled let me get the Valkyrie I got last week ultimately evolved. Feels good, wanted her for so long. Just Gigas to ult evolve and then I'll be done with the heartbreakers (apart from skill-ups and levelling up, FML ;) )

i8szqY64JwYS2.png

razterik

Instead of rolling in Godfest, I used stones to finish this:
Bring on that physical evo!

Cautiously optimistic for a plus egg dungeon, but I doubt it can satisfy people who farm Monday 5x tech. It'll be nice to have another option, though.

Hige

Have you sent your PADGuide gift? It still says no present for me..
My app started crashing today when I clicked the monster tab, so I decided to back up my save and reinstall. I launched the app fresh without putting the save back and it still had my original PadGuide ID, so I clicked "check present" and it worked this time!

colinp

Banned
My app started crashing today when I clicked the monster tab, so I decided to back up my save and reinstall. I launched the app fresh without putting the save back and it still had my original PadGuide ID, so I clicked "check present" and it worked this time!
That worked for me, too! Thanks for the tip and gift.

Got two dub-topalits from one run! Takes care of two baby tamas. Just need a Keeper of Gold so I can uvo my Kirin and use those tamas. Come on PAL! Treat me well!

ZeroAKA

I'm thinking about trying out Twinlits for the first time. My team will be Zeus/Echidna/Lilith/Hades/_/Zeus. Should my fifth slot be Valkyrie or another Gravity user?

Tobe

Thanks, but I just got sky orb trolled on the first turn. I see why you guys don't like this dungeon now.
I guess any 5 turn orb changer with the right subs (they need skill boost) just take away the random fActor of the dungeon. And actually makes it Fun.

well changed the avatar,

I only did it because I saw another poster with the my old avatar (and no clue who had it longer, even though I am sure I did)

I played a lot in US version, a year (or maybe two) ago, and I'm starting now in EU, and the game has been improved A LOT.

The amount of upgrades of nearly all units is amazing, and all the new gods, awaken skills, etc.

I leveled until I was able to finish Voice of the Siren, and I got a Mermaid only with 3 tries. The problem is that I'm replaying it to get a blue mask for the evolve and no luck in 10 tries.

Ducarmel

I played a lot in US version, a year (or maybe two) ago, and I'm starting now in EU, and the game has been improved A LOT.

The amount of upgrades of nearly all units is amazing, and all the new gods, awaken skills, etc.

I leveled until I was able to finish Voice of the Siren, and I got a Mermaid only with 3 tries. The problem is that I'm replaying it to get a blue mask for the evolve and no luck in 10 tries.

Well a lot have changed, you probably wont get a blue mask today, you probably can get it when blue dungeons get 1.5X drop rate bonuses during the weekdays. I don't know the European schedules but for us servers blue dungeon get bonus drop rates on Tuesday and Thursday.

There really isn't a dedicated website like padx/padwiki for EU events and info but you can try pad EU facebook
https://www.facebook.com/PuzzleAndDragonsEurope

And pad forum europe section
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23

did you get a gold egg on your first REM pull, if not consider rerolling.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit

Well a lot have changed, you probably wont get a blue mask today, you probably can get it when blue dungeons get 1.5X drop rate bonuses during the weekdays. I don't know the European schedules but for us servers blue dungeon get bonus drop rates on Tuesday and Thursday.

There really isn't a dedicated website like padx/padwiki for EU events and info but you can try pad EU facebook
https://www.facebook.com/PuzzleAndDragonsEurope

And pad forum europe section
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23

did you get a gold egg on your first REM pull, if not consider rerolling.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit

I found the wikia of the game to be very complete.

And, yes, I rerolled deleting the app and restarting the tutorial until I got a good god (Artemis).

About the blue masks, I don't care about repeating the dungeon until I get the mask. I'm very low-ranked, so I'm using it for level up. And, also, getting marine goblins for the skill up.

did anyone do the extreme dragon rush? What team are you guys using?
Beat up to Master with my standard Valk team. Haven't tried Legend yet. Need to look at the PADX dungeon listing to see how hard enemies hit to see if my Valk team will still suffice or I need to use a different team. Only drop I got was a Dark Mech Hadar.

how much time does each time awakening add?

I have two from Yomi and 1 from shiva on my ra team.

EDIT: nevermind .5 seconds each

Stealth edit - JEEZ! This is a ton of time...

Althane

So I'm working on max-skilling my Mermaid to build up for Hera. I figure that if I do:

L: Chaos Devil Dragon
1: Mermaid
2: Lillith
3: Rainbow Keeper
4: Rainbow Keeper
F: GrOdin

I should be able to more or less slowly grind my way through the next time Hera descends.

Am I looking at this the wrong way, or does this seem like a valid team build? Nobody has any particularly special stats or anything, other than the max-skilled Mermaid.

ZeroAKA

Do skill boost awakenings only apply to the first time you use an active skill? For example, if I had 5 skill boost awakenings, would a 5-turn orb change skill always be active?

Beat up to Master with my standard Valk team. Haven't tried Legend yet. Need to look at the PADX dungeon listing to see how hard enemies hit to see if my Valk team will still suffice or I need to use a different team. Only drop I got was a Dark Mech Hadar.

The two times i've been wiped, they were 35k attacks

how much time does each time awakening add?

I have two from Yomi and 1 from shiva on my ra team.

EDIT: nevermind .5 seconds each

Stealth edit - JEEZ! This is a ton of time...

Yeah it's epic. Yomi + Shiva + Horus adds an extra 2 seconds. Orb Extend is almost mandatory for combo matching

Do skill boost awakenings only apply to the first time you use an active skill? For example, if I had 5 skill boost awakenings, would a 5-turn orb change skill always be active?

no. First time only

Tobe

I have probably a 80% win rate. Hardest part is still 1f. Getting unlucky with binds and having no hearts. Is a problem but then dungeon is easy as fuck.

Jagernaut

I have probably a 80% win rate. Hardest part is still 1f. Getting unlucky with binds and having no hearts. Is a problem but then dungeon is easy as fuck.

Are you using DTron? Now that my Hanzo is at 6 turns, my success rate is extremely high. I use:

DTron - max awakened
Hanzo - max awakened
Ronia - max awakened
D/D Lilith - max skilled + 1 awakening (auto heal)
Lilith - max skilled + 1 awakening (auto heal)
DTron friend - max awakened

I have 7 skill boosts so Hanzo is ready turn 1.

The only problem is if I kill the mythlits too quickly before the Liliths are charged or still bound.

Tobe

Are you using DTron? Now that my Hanzo is at 6 turns, my success rate is extremely high. I use:

DTron - max awakened
Hanzo - max awakened
Ronia - max awakened
D/D Lilith - max skilled + 1 awakening (auto heal)
Lilith - max skilled + 1 awakening (auto heal)
DTron friend - max awakened

I have 7 skill boosts so Hanzo is ready turn 1.

The only problem is if I kill the mythlits too quickly before the Liliths are charged or still bound.
Yeah dtron tho I only have 1 max skill Lilith and 1 max skill enchilada. Then im using the same setup. And yeah first time I actually overkilled in 1f like I said bad luck with binds is a mess. Dtron hits so hard with only 1 3 orb match that if both of them hit Its pretty much going in fully binded

Jagernaut

Yeah dtron tho I only have 1 max skill Lilith and 1 max skill enchilada. Then im using the same setup. And yeah first time I actually overkilled in 1f like I said bad luck with binds is a mess. Dtron hits so hard with only 1 3 orb match that if both of them hit Its pretty much going in fully binded

You have to be careful when matching dark orbs when you are under 80% hp. Match 3 light orbs when under 80% and you will kill 1 mythlit. If everyone but the Metatrons are bound, 3 light + 3 dark should kill 2 mythlits.

Uthred

How to awakenings interact with evolutions? If I have say, a max awoken Isis and I ult-evo her will she then have 4 awakenings in ultimate form (even if theyre different) or does it reset awakenings? Likewise if I devolve from a fully awokened ult evo will I lose awakenings?

Paltros

I randomly rolled half of the ninjas in the godfest (ninjafest!) and I'm sitting on 0/6 Hanzo skillups right now :/, should I be feeding 5 at once or continue feeding them as soon as I get them? And I just keep running the highest level since they all have the same cost, there's no point in running the lower difficulties for hama drops?

How to awakenings interact with evolutions? If I have say, a max awoken Isis and I ult-evo her will she then have 4 awakenings in ultimate form (even if theyre different) or does it reset awakenings? Likewise if I devolve from a fully awokened ult evo will I lose awakenings?
From my understanding, the game has like a hidden awakening counter for each monster that is independent of the monster's currently available awakenings and never goes down. I've even heard of people feeding Tamadras to unevolved monsters and the monsters already having the corresponding number of awakenings after evolving... but I've never dared to try it myself.

Tobe

I randomly rolled half of the ninjas in the godfest (ninjafest!) and I'm sitting on 0/6 Hanzo skillups right now :/, should I be feeding 5 at once or continue feeding them as soon as I get them? And I just keep running the highest level since they all have the same cost, there's no point in running the lower difficulties for hama drops?

From my understanding, the game has like a hidden awakening counter for each monster that is independent of the monster's currently available awakenings and never goes down. I've even heard of people feeding Tamadras to unevolved monsters and the monsters already having the corresponding number of awakenings after evolving... but I've never dared to try it myself.

evolving a monster that has awakenings pass on to the evolution. i awoken my tsukuyomi then i evolved to D/L yomi with full awakenings. and no if the evolution gets more awakenings you need more tamas.

Paltros

evolving a monster that has awakenings pass on to the evolution. i awoken my tsukuyomi then i evolved to D/L yomi with full awakenings. and no if the evolution gets more awakenings you need more tamas.
Yeah, but I meant the unevolved stage where the monster doesn't even have any awakenings yet and you need to level up to 50 to evolve it first. I've heard of people who fed a tamadra to an unevolved monster like that by mistake, and upon evolving it it already came with its first awakening active.

saichi

add me 368,865,267

I have a max evo Kushinada +297.

I alternate between her Horus, and Valk occasionally I run Ame.

Kushinada can beat every dungeon but it does require good subs and high combos, of course she crushes tricolor dungeons

want your max Ame but your friend list is full :(

EDIT: invitation sent.

so i returned my with ex. and remember the awful luck when she called and was awful with rem? i dont know why but my relaionshoip with her is going awesome we both changed a lot, and 5 min ago i did a yolo roll besides her and got cao cao with a plus :D fuck yeah :) :)

what happened to the new one that helped you in the last godfest? ;-)

Top Bottom