• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Quantum

I spent almost the whole day farming Mystic Dark Knight and was starting to get frustrated that only 5 dropped. And then I fed them... 5 skill-ups, went from skill level 1 all the way to max. :O

I have no use for MDK in any of my teams.

I hate you.

not really, I have no use for MDK either - but my luck sucked with this dungeon

as a side note:

If anyone plays Doctor Who: Legacy (its a P&D clone with some interesting gameplay and - its doctor who!)
there is a humble bundle books bundle which has a ton of Doctor who comics - but it also has a code that unlocks 10 of the doctors in the game (rare drops) for as little as 0.01 - this code will work on either ios/android (I used a code with both systems)

linsivvi

I played Doctor Who for a month or so when it first launched and then stopped. It's good that the game doesn't have the energy system and you can play as often as you want but the game's pretty dry and boring.

Simpler, not less difficult. The only thing to watch out for is the completely deterministic Dark Absorb. If you survive the gear check and have the DPS for Gold Keeper, you're good to go.

Also Dragon Poker gives exact rates for EXP feeding, skillups, and REM pulls. SS cards come out at an amazing 7% chance!

I was thinking of using my ogre team to clear Gold Keeper since I can use it to successfully clear Rainbow Keeper every time. But then I looked it up and I would be doing ~1 -5 damage to the gold keeper each round. And at 700k HP.....

I was thinking of using my ogre team to clear Gold Keeper since I can use it to successfully clear Rainbow Keeper every time. But then I looked it up and I would be doing ~1 -5 damage to the gold keeper each round. And at 700k HP.....

Doesn't work on Gold Keeper since his multihit punches will go through Resolve.

yami4ct

Also, Gold Keeper has a multi-hit attack that would destroy any resolve team, so that's not really a good option.

linsivvi

Dual Kirin should be able to handle gold keeper, right? If I get the matches...?

It works. Charge skills as much as you can in the first 3 floors, use Echidna in floor 4 to give yourself plenty of time to heal, and use Echidna again against Gold Keeper. Plenty of turns to take him down.

colinp

Banned
It works. Charge skills as much as you can in the first 3 floors, use Echidna in floor 4 to give yourself plenty of time to heal, and use Echidna again against Gold Keeper. Plenty of turns to take him down.

Great! Thank you! Will give it a go next week.

quin

L/L fagan loses his god type but gains physical type. His leader skill also changes to 4x attack for dragon and physical types when hp is at 100%. Plus he gains autoheal.

4005(+300)/1772/156

That sounds pretty good actually.

D/L fagan changes to 4x attack for dragons when hp is above 80% and gains a skill boost.

3755(+50)/1812(+50)/206(+50)

Good to know I can look forward to 10 stones in a few days.

Edit:
Also good to know I can skip this godfest completely. I've got too many Shivas, too many parvatis, and an Indra. U&Y would be nice but I'm not that lucky. Might YOLO pull with 1 set of my free stones just to try for a godfest only.

quin

Leilan invaded twice out of seven runs tonight. Both on the first level with a skill bind preemptive. Since today is Takeminakata it wasn't so bad but i dread any of the other descendeds...

linsivvi

Still no words on when they can fix this. I wish Gungho would at least give us some random metal dungeons for those who can enter them.

Ducarmel

Pretty sure in the news tab read maintenance will be tomorrow. So maybe Friday night or Saturday everything will be back to normal.

Quantum

I'm kinda bummed that there isn't anything to do - I really wanted to level some of my mobs this week. and I really wanted to max my level 5 enchilada ><

With a stamina based game, it *really* sucks when they pull the exp dungeons. Even more so after IAP'ing a ton of stuff in the last godfest with both shitty group D times on the east coast and no pure exp dungeons. Without a doubt this has been one of the worst PAD week I can remember and really doesn't instil confidence going forward.

guess I will have a ton of plants from today.

Going on almost 4 weeks without a doub-mythlit so I get to look forward to that pain tomorrow.

(End Rant!)

Grr.

linsivvi

If you can do twinlits, you will end up with a whole bunch of dub-mythlits.

*Maintenance Notice from Puzzle & Dragons Team*
Scheduled Durations (Tentative):
5/16 (Fri) 12:00 AM - 1:00 AM (PDT)
5/16 (Fri) 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM (PDT)
5/17 (Sat) 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM (PDT)

This notice is to address issues in the timing of events in the current 6.4.4 update. Due to iOS users viewing scheduled events an hour later, the game will be put into a mandatory maintenance for the Rare Egg Machine events. This will occur at the first hour of the event and again during the hour after the event.

This ensures all users will see the scheduled events correclty. For more information on this, click here: http://on.fb.me/T40HcG

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and thank you for understanding.

Jagernaut

It's official now.

*Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 5/16 (Fri), 7:00 PM - 5/17 (Sat), 7:59 PM (PDT)

The Japanese Series 2 and Indian Gods have returned! For 24 for iOS users and 25 hours for Android, they will be available at 3x rates!

On top of that, we've also added in their 6&#9733; evolved forms as well. That means twice as many gods have a chance to appear!

Note: The timings for this Godfest have been adjusted to compensate for the issues in version 6.4.4. iOS users will be experiencing a maintenance downtime to adjust for the delays. See Facebook for more details: http://bit.ly/1nP3cfx

- JP Series 2 -
799 Ame no Uzume
801 Umisachi&Yamasachi
803 Kushinadahime
805 Izanagi
807 Okuninushi

- Indian -
236 Shiva
238 Lakshmi
240 Parvati
242 Indra
244 Vritra

- Special -
362 Odin
364 Odin, the War Deity
1107 Phantom God Odin
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu
1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu

chrono01

Easy pass on this Godfest for me. I have 4/5 of the Japanese 2.0 Gods, and none of the other ones available interest me [outside of the Godfest-only ones].

I guess I'll be saving my 35 Magic Stones for the next one.

Jagernaut

Indian - I have 2 Parvati (both max skilled) and a Vritra. I only want a Shiva.

Jpn 2.0 - I don't have any, I want Izanagi and Umisachi&Yamasachi the most.

I will probably pull 2 times.

Edit. They should give us compensation stones before the godfest.

Tobe

shiva, umi yama, izanagi kushi are tempting. probably shiva is the one i want the most (this is not counting special gods, rodin pls)

Quantum

I have obtained Kushna, Parvati, Light meta, Guan Yu (bearded)

I could pull, but I have too many to level right now - and no real need for any, although I also want U&Y. I would also like an Odin as I've never gotten one, and a Ronia as it seems to be the flavor of the month.

Tobe

This is gonna be all physical type right. Holy shit. The question is, is it all of dbz or just buu saga? Still gotenks, SSJ2 kid gohan, Goku, SSJ2 Majin vegeta holy balls it's gonna be awesome. And we actually have a chance of getting it here.

Well they kept doing Kai specifically because of Western demand, didn't they?

Also I'm just going to leave this here
Bnv2Q3sIQAEpCRk.jpg

Colby

This is gonna be all physical type right. Holy shit. The question is, is it all of dbz or just buu saga? Still gotenks, SSJ2 kid gohan, Goku, SSJ2 Majin vegeta holy balls it's gonna be awesome. And we actually have a chance of getting it here.
I bet it's just basic stuff. Goku --> SSJ, Vegeta --> SSJ, Gohan --> Mystic. Villains would be cool; they are way more unique than the heroes, IMO. I need Gotenks and Piccolo, though!

When I got my 500 days stones, my first thought was, "GC got his today, too!" My second thought was, "He has made quadruple the in-game progress I have :("

Man, a DBZ collab seems like it would do insane numbers for GH. Goku needs to be OP, though. lol

I bet it's just basic stuff. Goku --> SSJ, Vegeta --> SSJ, Gohan --> Mystic. Villains would be cool; they are way more unique than the heroes, IMO. I need Gotenks and Piccolo, though!

When I got my 500 days stones, my first thought was, "GC got his today, too!" My second thought was, "He has made quadruple the in-game progress I have :("
I've probably spent x1000 as much money, though. If there's some sort of victory there, it's a Pyrrhic one.

Man, a DBZ collab seems like it would do insane numbers for GH. Goku needs to be OP, though. lol

Someone better have an ability that boosts it's attack to 9001... Serious Gungho it needs to happen.

This is not really that gamebreaking as king slimes x3 will get multiple monsters to close to that base atk on 1 match.

Twinlit update: Tried shivaxROdin for Twinlits, (less multiplier atk, but more skill ups, more 1 more row enhance, and same general idea (skill through rounds 2 and 3, Ronia/Hera-ur/King Baddie to kill Twinlits). Did not work as intended. not enough damage. Missed out on a Devilit too (PISSED I NEED DEVILITS!!!)

Another Edit: Anyone have a Max Awoken Ultimate Shiva? Want to try Twinlits again and no one is available...

ido

Someone better have an ability that boosts it's attack to 9001... Serious Gungho it needs to happen.

This is not really that gamebreaking as king slimes x3 will get multiple monsters to close to that base atk on 1 match.

Twinlit update: Tried shivaxROdin for Twinlits, (less multiplier atk, but more skill ups, more 1 more row enhance, and same general idea (skill through rounds 2 and 3, Ronia/Hera-ur/King Baddie to kill Twinlits). Did not work as intended. not enough damage. Missed out on a Devilit too (PISSED I NEED DEVILITS!!!)

Another Edit: Anyone have a Max Awoken Ultimate Shiva? Want to try Twinlits again and no one is available...

I do! Use him all the time

It's a dark shiva max awoken. Also have that 8-star Zeus almost max leveled if you need him for twinlits too.

Top Bottom