• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I am going to start playing Puzzle and Dragon again (I only dabbled in the past) I'm assuming tomorrow's God Fest is a great way to get a better chance at a great starter ... I plan on rerolling a bunch until I get a fantastic start, is the Wiki's beginner guide for suggested pulls up to date and valid?

Or if anyone else has a better resource, I'd love a link! Thanks.

Ducarmel

I am going to start playing Puzzle and Dragon again (I only dabbled in the past) I'm assuming tomorrow's God Fest is a great way to get a better chance at a great starter ... I plan on rerolling a bunch until I get a fantastic start, is the Wiki's beginner guide for suggested pulls up to date and valid?

Or if anyone else has a better resource, I'd love a link! Thanks.

The wiki guide I think it assumes your a complete beginner at the game.

/vg/ pad guide if you want a different opinion, the one i usually post for new players
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit

and pad forum guide on starting pulls that is popular
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=6337

IMO if you plan on shooting for a god in this fest try to get Kushinada, Umisachi&Yamasachi or Okuninushi.

Those 3 are the only ones that are good enough to carry you through end game stuff. Kushinada is the easier one to play with but hardest to get the same damage U&Y and Okuninushi can dish out. U&Y is as strong as any of the top gods in the game but he is a color activated god so you need specific teams to play with. Okuninushi is a very strong god but you need decent puzzle skills to activate his leader skill.

IMO if you plan on shooting for a god in this fest try to get Kushinada, Umisachi&Yamasachi or Okuninushi.

Those 3 are the only ones that are good enough to carry you through end game stuff. Kushinada is the easier one to play with but hardest to get the same damage U&Y and Okuninushi can dish out. U&Y is as strong as any of the top gods in the game but he is a color activated god so you need specific teams to play with. Okuninushi is a very strong god but you need decent puzzle skills to activate his leader skill.

Thank you very much Duca :)

Althane

Yeah, probably the worst god of the series.

Awww, don't be like that. Ame is great fun, she's the leader of my monored ream that's been wrecking dungeons right and left. I've made the most progress in the normal/technical dungeons with her.

Just... don't bring her as your leader into a Descended. Bad idea.

Jagernaut

Awww, don't be like that. Ame is great fun, she's the leader of my monored ream that's been wrecking dungeons right and left. I've made the most progress in the normal/technical dungeons with her.

I saw a video of a mono red Ame team destroying Zeus Dios.

linsivvi

Yeah she's not that bad, but then we are talking about a series with 2 endgame, S-tier leaders in Kushinadahime and U&Y...

Quantum

Yeah, probably the worst god of the series.

Yeah, have no use for it - first time (I think) I've pulled a fully evolved 6* mob.

As a side note its raining so much I didn't go out - saving money, I was thinking about rolling - I decided to hit up steam and psn instead - still tempted... grr gungho.

Ducarmel

Got a link? And is it just full of Ronia subs?

Because I could believe that happening. Otherwise... damn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfspYAVSogA

When I saw that video I immediately wanted to drop Tyrannos for her.

Rolled hard for her when Japanese 2.0 came around the second time and got her. Ironically in that same godfest I got Kirin, Mei Mei, Karin and my Kushinada that I have up most of the time these days.

Still used her till i hit the wall SS Queen of the Gods

Tobe

3 rolls holy shit my luck had to end.

mystic water

final evo enchilada (no uvo)

dark golem with a plus

my birthday is in 12 days so maybe ill roll iap.

ido

Pulled and got junk. Terrible pulls. Golems and mystic knights. Then on my last pull I got a Red Sonia. She will go well with my dark Shiva and Belial.

I'm pretty glad I got her.

Quantum

because I didn't pull (iap pull) Which I still might do tomorrow I thought I would show the difference between non-IAP and IAP

(its a big difference)

370 day non-iap account: (300 spaces)
https://www.padherder.com/user/Island/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0;default,0

410 days after spending 180 USD (3x85 stones) (500 spaces)
https://www.padherder.com/user/island-iap/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0;default,0

- I've left a ton of feeder and leveling mobs out
- I now have the ability to work towards multiple teams
- Most of my great pulls haven't been leveled because I haven't used more stones to level them
- after playing so long it feels great to have better mobs, but my original group with the stones I've spent could have gotten through most of the descendeds I've gotten through since.
- *** After spending 180 dollars I feel like I am still missing a ton of things, have multiple "needs" and feel like I need to spend more to play aggressively

- DQXQ has made me feel better because I suck at Kirin
- I have Kirin but I'm terrible with it - and have to work on this team
- SD Luci - yes its boring - but it really is match/grind to win.

I really feel that I've had great luck with my pulls since going IAP, that being said - as soon as I became IAP I feel like I've entered a new level of "have to get" - before it was just play every time I had a stamina refill - now it feels like I should pull to complete certain teams.

I am amazed at how well the game is designed to slowly bring you into the fold. it is the epitome of diminishing returns. as soon as I realize the next step is skilling up, the ability is there - I've already IAP'd might as well.....

yami4ct

No Godfest pulls for me this time. The temptation has been resisted. Feels good, man. Feels real good (I realize it's still going).

hermit7

Few pulls looking for shiva. Blue Sonia (2nd) which I don't mind. Indra, bearded guan yu, and 2 consecutive umi yami which I already had.

Not to bad but all done rolling this fest.

Got a U&Y from the godfest.

U&Y (lead), Yomi(max awoken and satisfies the color requirements), unit-13, echidna (off att but fully skilled delay) but I have now clue what other subs would be good for a team like this...

Started rerolling a couple days ago on and off and got nothing, got Odin this morning and decided that was good enough because I was tired of rerolling. First pull after starter dungeons I got U&Y, yeah, this will work ;)

hermit7

Got a U&Y from the godfest.

U&Y (lead), Yomi(max awoken and satisfies the color requirements), unit-13, echidna (off att but fully skilled delay) but I have now clue what other subs would be good for a team like this...

I run u&y, dl yomi, d/w vamp, d/l batman, and then Bastet just cause I can't decide my last spot. Should probably throw in another dark monster but haven't settled on one.

Tobe

Birthday godfest. Worst shot ever this ducking sucked. No shiva no twins, no pavarti. Got 2 okunis, 1 ame, 1 izanagi, 1 virtra, 1hatsume.

Boy the amount of silver and 3 star rolls I had was too much. Got trolled well you don't always Win. Shiva :(

Tobe

$$$$ tier is super powerful but requires subs that are usually rem only. Hence why it's money tier you gotta pray gung-ho for subs. And even spending 1000 won't bet you all the subs.

seady

I run u&y, dl yomi, d/w vamp, d/l batman, and then Bastet just cause I can't decide my last spot. Should probably throw in another dark monster but haven't settled on one.

Of coz some fire orb to any colour orb changer.

Example:
Ancient Dragon Knight - Fire to Grass
Hanzo - Fire to Dark

Quantum

Birthday godfest. Worst shot ever this ducking sucked. No shiva no twins, no pavarti. Got 2 okunis, 1 ame, 1 izanagi, 1 virtra, 1hatsume.

Boy the amount of silver and 3 star rolls I had was too much. Got trolled well you don't always Win. Shiva :(

I was tempted to roll last night, My BD is coming up too - was going to use similar logic

okun, izan, and virt are pretty cool. I'd like any of those three.

although I guess it depends on how many pulls you made.

Tobe

I was tempted to roll last night, My BD is coming up too - was going to use similar logic

okun, izan, and virt are pretty cool. I'd like any of those three.

although I guess it depends on how many pulls you made.
2 packs of 85 not worth it.

Quantum

2 packs of 85 not worth it.

ouch. Such is the Gungho way - everything is diminishing returns - even pulling.

Six hours left- think I'll make it without buying stones - might make it till the next collab special REM.

fortunately my attention is elsewhere today (bound by flame - loving it)

Apparently the Chinese Girl invades are specific to each dungeon -- Hera-Sowilo can only be invaded by Genbu, for example. That should make trying to farm for specific ones much easier.

holy shit

EckXVd8.png

My first godfest (EU was Egypcian and Japanese 1), and quite awful.

Amaterasu
Viper Orochi
Blazing Maiden Princess Valkyrie
Graviton Earth Dragon
Toytops
Freyja
Baal
Drawn Joker

At least, i can do a competent healer team, if I evolve Freyja. Maybe even a Wood + Healer, because I have Artemis and I just got a green golem from the PAL machine.

colinp

Banned
holy shit

Ahahaha

<3

That's fantastic!

Also:
*Updates and Changes Notice from Puzzle & Dragons*

The Puzzle & Dragons team has worked tirelessly to correct the issue that is preventing our users from enjoying special event Dungeons. This has been corrected in our update for the iOS in version 6.4.5.

Starting 5/18 (Sun) our special Limited Time Dungeons will return. Make sure to check for Metal Dragons throughout the day!

Beginning 5/19 (Mon) we will resume our regular Descended Dungeon activities with the triumphant return of a certain toxic devil and a powerful snake enchantress.

As of 5/20 (Tues), Ragnarok Odyssey ACE Collab will be making a special return appearance as well!

As a reminder, we are still preparing the compensation for the issues caused, and we will notify everyone as soon as possible.

Thanks for all your patience and support during this matter, and we hope you continue to enjoy Puzzle & Dragons.

Quantum

Anyone else think its strange how long its taking for Gungho to figure out compensation?

By waiting his long they are at least acknowledging that this is a serious screw-up.

I think I took it much more seriously because it happened recently after I started paying for the game - and wanted to level my new mobs and but turning off the speical dungeons and metal dungeons it really left people who have paid and completed the normal content nothing to do.

certainly affected my decision not to IAP roll during the last god fest.

I've read how "understanding" the non-IAP players have been but this is a really bad thing to have happened to people who actually pay for the game - effectively turning off anything to do for people who were paying for support of the game.

I guess that is a bit of an over-reaction, but it was not handled well in my opinion.

so - after thinking about it, I was trying to guess what Gungho could do and while stones seem obvious I think something that would be "fun" and a nice apology would be to reset the challenge dungeons.

It would go a long way, both giving compensation in the stones and stuff to do to people who have been playing and paying for the game for a long time, but might be unfair to people who have just started and have not completed the challenge areas.

not an easy position to be in, and gungho has a history of being very generous - I'm very interested to see what they do.

Top Bottom