• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Ducarmel

I've got 36 stones. Should I blow some of them tonight running SSP and trying to get as much from the x2 drop as I can?

I forgot exactly how much stones I spent to max skill my Echidna I think it was between 7-10 stones over 2 events without x2 drop.

I say for 5+ stones you might have a chance to get it done in this event.

Tobe

Bam the event got extended till next Wednesday same stuff 2x on dungeons Evo mats on pem. This is awesome.

Gung-ho guys are you considering bringing this game to South America?

Moondrop

Banned
I know the thread title says don't ask, but... I've been rerolling for a while to get a B tier or higher monster after the tutorial. Is this really how I should play the game?

yami4ct

I know the thread title says don't ask, but... I've been rerolling for a while to get a B tier or higher monster after the tutorial. Is this really how I should play the game?

If you don't want to IAP, then yeah. One other piece of advice, backup all your possible accounts using iFunbox or whatever you do on android. That way, you can revert to your best roll if you get tired of re-rolling. You can also put up a list of all your god rolls here and we can tell you what'll get you the furthest.

Just max skilled my Enchilada! Feels really good. Honestly, thanks to the 2x skill-up and drop rate, it wasn't that bad. Glad that I finally have it over with, though.

Uthred

Its annoying, especially re-rolling outside of a godfest but it really does make a difference. Basically you are trading frustration now for hitting a wall later. What you could do is if you get a decent but not great first mob, play until you get your first five stones (which is quite quick) and roll again, if you dont get a high tier monster at that point reset. Though if youre going to go IAP then you dont need to worry too much about it, but if youre going to try to "Stay free" its well worth the hassle.

Moondrop

Banned
Thanks for the replies; I'll keep rerolling. It's just funny when I roll a recognizable god from mythology (e.g. Minerva), then see she's not on the tier list. If I run out of patience I will return here to violate the thread title.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

It was sort of a joke when we first made it...Everyone always asked "I rolled x, should I keep him/her?" If it wasn't Horus, Ra, or Kirin...The answer was yes.

Now, you can get by with a LOT more options. However, re-rolling during a godfest is about the only way to not go crazy.

Althane

Woot.

1/4 on Echidna skillups.

That means I'm 20% of the way there! (max is level 5, right? Right? Please dear god tell me yes)

FZZ

Banned
if you are gonna play long term, you are gonna do it eventually. (took me more than a year)

Yeah but GungHo be trolling. Did dozens of runs with multiple stamina refreshes only got 3 Naga drops, put all three into my Echidna at the same time and no skill up. I know I need to skill up eventually, but this is ridiculous.

Althane

Yeah but GungHo be trolling. Did dozens of runs with multiple stamina refreshes only got 3 Naga drops, put all three into my Echidna at the same time and no skill up. I know I need to skill up eventually, but this is ridiculous.

I think the skill ups are calculated independently of the number of cards you throw into it.

So if you feed Echidna 5 nagas at once, you don't increase the chances vs. feeding 5 nagas individually.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I skill maxed 2 Susano easier than I did one Echidna. It is a bit suspect, but its almost like they know how useful she is, so they made her rates much lower than a bunch of other monsters. Hard to believe I had 2 (and was working on a third for some reason).

Tobe

I've run snp like 5 times maybe 7 got 2 drops. And both skilled :) so yeah first one is maxed out. I would do second one but I need to save stm for tomorrow

Tobe

HANZO USERS REJOICE WE CAN BEAT GOLD KEEPER WITH LITTLE TO NO EFFORT, i stumble upon this on the fb group and investigated how the team worked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S16PtrmKtY (im guessing switching ares with ronia could do the same results. there is another run with anubis. so fuck yeah.

i got max skill/max awoken hanzo so add me. pretty sure i got every dmeta user but just in case.

Tobe@GAF

colinp

Banned
Three skill ups for enchilada after who knows how many stones and runs. I'm OK with that! Would love to run it more but I gotta go to work.

Also went crazy yesterday and brute forced keeper of gold. Took ten stones! Ahahahahaha, but it was worth it. My matching was pretty shit, I got OKO'd repeatedly and my health was just under the survivability level. Will pick up a mystic mask tonight and uvo Kirin. Woo woo! Even have the tams to max her out. Feels good not to give too much of a shit about stones and just enjoy the game.

Althane

Bam. Max skilled Echidna, 2 stones spent (I got a stam refresh from a rank up as well).

And I should have enough stam to run Super Sapphire Dragons before the hour is out. Good deal.

Edit: For shiggles, I'm going for a Demon team (Pyro, Hellray Harpie, etc) team to use with my Ronia, while I'm building up a team for Hera Descends. Since Enchillada is now max skilled, I'm just going to work on buffing up my Lillith (poison for Neptune), and finishing the skillups on my Mermaid.

Horray progress!

maks

HANZO USERS REJOICE WE CAN BEAT GOLD KEEPER WITH LITTLE TO NO EFFORT, i stumble upon this on the fb group and investigated how the team worked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S16PtrmKtY (im guessing switching ares with ronia could do the same results. there is another run with anubis. so fuck yeah.

i got max skill/max awoken hanzo so add me. pretty sure i got every dmeta user but just in case.

Tobe@GAF

Wish i had a Hanzo. I have all the subs for this team

Jagernaut

Tobe@GAF

Nice video. I don't have a Gryps Rider so I would substitute a 2nd Hanzo (once I level him up) if I need another orb changer or D/D Batman or D/L Yomi if I don't.

Hanzo + Ronia would give you a full dark board but Ronia would not get her stats boosted since she is not an Attacker.

Tobe

UPDATE on the gold keeper, its super doable and actually really easy i fucked up on light keeper cause i forgot it was a 22k hit.

healing is easy just 2 3x hearts and a couple of combos will heal up to 30k depending on RCV (i went with anubis, since ronia didnt had a boost on anything)

cheack for that 25% cause that is gonna fuck you up, if you at full hp you can tank it. but since its really easy to stall just use a hanzo or gryps.

easy shit. really easy stuff. i recommend at least 27k hp tho.

hit me up if you need a hanzo.

Just noticed that for whatever reason the PADBT monster Tinnin & Archangel is typed as Dragon/Healer, meaning dragon type finally gets a good leader?! (4x Light ATK at full HP)

linsivvi

Only got time to do the dungeon in the last two hours, 2 stones and 1 level up later, brought my 2nd Echidna to 11 turns. That will do for now.

I think it went:
0/5
1/3
1/3
2/3
0/3

Zero_IYAD

tumblr_n5x9w4hSxL1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Okey, this is way easier & much more forgiving than the Gold Keeper dungeon.
I used the same dual L/L Ra team I use to farm Gold Keepers, only exchanged G.Odin with Bastet for better RCV & Echidna with R.Odin since you'll almost always get your skills bound the second you enter the dungeon.
Most of the mobs give damage you can recover from easily.

The last round is the most tricky, you have to give damage to both masks equally & recover at least once every 2 rounds..
If you kill one before the other, you have to finish the other one in the next round.
If you managed to escape the skill binding, congrats, just kill the blue one & use Ra's skill to 7777 the green one's ass.

I don't think I'll farm that dungeon as much as Gold Keepers'.
Evolved my Beast Rider.. & that's it for now.

Quantum

I like gungho games but it so frustrating to see what Japan gets versus the US server.

GungHo Fan Festival looks amazing.

Exa Hydra - cool looking orochi with 2x hp+attack for dragon.
Anima - another cool looking mob, Increase dragon type ATK by 3x and HP by a little

and they are removing the rippers from the REM - why did they put them in to begin with (other to waste 4 of my pulls).

also, No information about the localization of PADz.

Quantum

Final Echidna skill up report:
0/4
0/5
2/5
1/5
1/4
1/4

EDIT: after the unsuccessful 0/9 effort, I decided to try this "pre-feed" method on pndforums: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=41527

It turns out to be very effective, at least empirically so.

there is a similar logic used in another of gungho's games - Ragnarok Odyssey (+ ace) - when you farm cards in that game you apparently have a higher rate killing the boss over and over without picking up drops or saving your progress then, after multiple kills the drop rate is supposed to go up.

I don't know if I believe it - and have done a lot of painful farming in that game, but while its possible it can be done I really don't think its anything more that observational bias.

linsivvi

there is a similar logic used in another of gungho's games - Ragnarok Odyssey (+ ace) - when you farm cards in that game you apparently have a higher rate killing the boss over and over without picking up drops or saving your progress then, after multiple kills the drop rate is supposed to go up.

I don't know if I believe it - and have done a lot of painful farming in that game, but while its possible it can be done I really don't think its anything more that observational bias.

As with most of these theories, they can never be proven but chances are they are just flat out wrong.

If you look at the end of that thread, a Gungho employee also denied it.

Hige

I went 8/16 on Echidna skill ups without following any rituals, including a 4/5 and a 3/5. My luck seems suspiciously streaky. When it rains, it pours.

Althane

I went 8/16 on Echidna skill ups without following any rituals, including a 4/5 and a 3/5. My luck seems suspiciously streaky. When it rains, it pours.

Agreed. I actually kind of wish I had kept running it to see if I could have gotten another Echidna to skill up. (Craziness, I know, but should help with * and cost limited dungeons, right?)

So, I'm stacking another Baddie with +'s, and am currently up to 12 spread across HP/ATK/RCV. Should I feed it to my Ronia (+3 HP), or my Echidna (+23 across the 3 stats)?

Anyone have a max level max awoken freyr? Gonna run 2/4/2 ares/freyr on the legendary mask dungeon. Can't believe that team composition might actually work.

Top Bottom