• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

maks

Crazy idea...

I have target gift cards and to my knowledge target sells itunes cards but not google. Im thinking about changing my device to ios, grabbing itunes credit, adding stones, then switching back to android. Use my stones on the pc godfest. Will there be a problem with that final switch back to android?

Quantum

Crazy idea...

I have target gift cards and to my knowledge target sells itunes cards but not google. Im thinking about changing my device to ios, grabbing itunes credit, adding stones, then switching back to android. Use my stones on the pc godfest. Will there be a problem with that final switch back to android?

I was thinking about doing this as well, I have a bunch of unused IOS credit in my account.

It might work and I'm interested in your results but I am not willing to try because I had previously had a factory reset on my phone and lost my data (I had previously backed up to Google as well) - It took almost 3 weeks and 20+ emails to get my account restored and thats with Screen shots, secret numbers, and a catalog of the mobs I had.

linsivvi

But what if some people, such as myself, still want a few of the Godfest-only Gods in addition to the more standard ones?

By voting for the Godfest-only Gods it gives them a chance at a larger pool of pulls that interest them. If they didn't vote for them, there would be no chance for them to show up. At least, for the winning ones, there's a slight chance that the player might gain access to them as they use their Magic Stones for another they're after.

Exactly. Speaking for myself, I am strictly non-IAP and I already have Kirin and Horus, and I even got the current leader, DQXQ from the last Godfest. If none of the Sonias or Odins get in, I simply wouldn't roll.

Althane

Putting together the following Ronia team:

L: Ronia
1: King Baddie
2: Charming Temptress, Wicked Lady
3: Hellray Harpie Demon (For L damage + max leveled Bomb!)
4: Drawn Joker

I'd like to get Vamp Lord up to a busty form (I believe D/W is the usual busty for him? Plus, I don't have a Devilit, so...), and then replace Wicked Lady or Hellray with him.

Thoughts?

Putting together the following Ronia team:

L: Ronia
1: King Baddie
2: Charming Temptress, Wicked Lady
3: Hellray Harpie Demon (For L damage + max leveled Bomb!)
4: Drawn Joker

I'd like to get Vamp Lord up to a busty form (I believe D/W is the usual busty for him? Plus, I don't have a Devilit, so...), and then replace Wicked Lady or Hellray with him.

Thoughts?

Well what is your end goal with this Ronia team? If your goal is to get up to those early Descends then you are on your way. If you can get a Hera-Ur you want her on your team instead of Hellray Harpie Demon (no contest). Part of the Allure of a Ronia team is the Skill cooldowns and the row enhances. to this end Ultimate Ifrit (R/R version that gets Devil subtype) is a really good sub that can be obtained (coincidentally from the Hera-Ur dungeon). D/W Vamp Lord will help get you there (especially to replace Wicked Lady, whose stats are kind of terrible and not really useful unless she is maxed skilled)

You don't need light damage with a ronia team, focus of Dark and Red. Focus on Getting Hera-Ur (which you should be able to do with a Ronia team and some practice) and note that Ronia Skill, Hera-Ur skill, and King Baddie skill is AMAZING.

quin

14007648897160jvkaz.jpg

Cool little monster. I haven't seen any info on this, but it looks like it's from a Beam's Collaboration dungeon. Probably like Famitsu Neki or Droid Dragon. It has a nice set of awoken skills

Althane

Well what is your end goal with this Ronia team? If your goal is to get up to those early Descends then you are on your way. If you can get a Hera-Ur you want her on your team instead of Hellray Harpie Demon (no contest). Part of the Allure of a Ronia team is the Skill cooldowns and the row enhances. to this end Ultimate Ifrit (R/R version that gets Devil subtype) is a really good sub that can be obtained (coincidentally from the Hera-Ur dungeon). D/W Vamp Lord will help get you there (especially to replace Wicked Lady, whose stats are kind of terrible and not really useful unless she is maxed skilled)

You don't need light damage with a ronia team, focus of Dark and Red. Focus on Getting Hera-Ur (which you should be able to do with a Ronia team and some practice) and note that Ronia Skill, Hera-Ur skill, and King Baddie skill is AMAZING.

End goal is probably to have a Ronia team that'll take on at least the lower level Descends (Hera, Thief, Heroes, from what I'm told). I need to beat down Hera first, I know, so I can get an Awakened Hera.

Sounds like a main goal will be to put the final 5 levels on Vamp Lord to get him to Duke and then busty him (and dump some levels on him). I might also start dumping XP into my Slamander to get him to Ifrit, but I don't have the power to get the dragon fruits for the busty (and I've had shit luck on the PAL machine recently).

Is there a good point to stop feeding XP to Ronia and focus on her subs more? She's sitting pretty at level 65 right now, and I feel like she's got some serious power.

razterik

Crazy idea...

You have to wait 30 days after a device change before doing another. Otherwise, this will work fine.

Jagernaut

Crazy idea...

I checked online and my local Targets do sell google play cards.

StMeph

It's been long enough that I get semi-nostalgic about PAD and the craving to check in on the game, but when I load up the app, all of that goodwill vanishes.

Everything being locked out on certain days for evo materials or lack of XP for new fun creatures is just bleh.

Tobe

For now my goal is to complete my dtron team with all the sub variations. Then it's on to ronia. And then to wukong. And much much later get my Kirin team.

The game is fun and there is new content. The problem for me is that no matter how bad the game gets it's core, the puzzling is what I love the most (and I can actually play it, I have a level of color blindness, so playing bejeweled and another puzzle games are a no no)

current votes
two_step" post="429988624 said:
Current player choice voting (as of 17:00 GMT):

Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao 1091
Yomi 899
Archangel Lucifer 821
Red Dragon Caller, Sonia 814
Horus 733
Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya 698
Shiva 652
Bastet 583
Phantom God, Odin 432
Hades 429
Anubis 409
Viper Orochi 400
Lu Bu 355
Neptune 348
Pandora 327
Amaterasu 321
Kushinadahime 316
Persephone 262
Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia 240
Ra 222

(top 20)

Odin 208
Apollo 192
Venus 183
Dark Angel Metatron 172
Isis 137
Incarnation of Byakko, Haku 137
Loyal Deity, Guan Yu 136
Odin, the War Deity 114
Fallen Angel Lucifer 111
Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin 93

Edit: And the last few, for those interested:

Amon 19
Archangel Uriel 14
Archangel Michael 14
Bearded Deity, Guan Yu 14
Lakshmi 11
Astaroth 11
Archangel Gabriel 9
Okuninushi 8
Ame no Uzume 7
Perseus 6
Yamato Takeru 5

Jagernaut

I'm building up a nice collection of blue physical monsters, I just need a Bonia and a lot of Tamadra. I have:

BOdin - fully awoken
Ultimate Amon - like BOdin has excellent rcv for a physical type
Ultimate physical Karin
Ultimate Orochi
Twin Star Leviathan
Ultimate Siegfried
King Bubblie - fully awoken

shinjijai

Bearded Deity, Guan Yu 14

what are those 14 ppl thinking, i rolled him when he first came out, he's practically useless in all situation.

i wish i had some of your collection, Jagernaut, for my bonia team (especially bodin and karin).

Sounds like a main goal will be to put the final 5 levels on Vamp Lord to get him to Duke and then busty him (and dump some levels on him). I might also start dumping XP into my Slamander to get him to Ifrit, but I don't have the power to get the dragon fruits for the busty (and I've had shit luck on the PAL machine recently).

Is there a good point to stop feeding XP to Ronia and focus on her subs more? She's sitting pretty at level 65 right now, and I feel like she's got some serious power.

Get a Red/Ice Ogre, Puzzledragonx has a team for Hera-ur Legendary which you can run once you get your Hera. Ronia, K.Baddie, Vamp (Max skilled, ultimate evolved preferred), Hera, and R/B Ogre.

For Hera, use that same team just swap out the Hera (which you won't have yet) for a Lilith, as she will be needed for dealing with Neptune (you could burst him with ronia+baddie, BUT you will want a ronia for Hades, and your other Ronia and that Baddie active for Hera), If you have a second Baddie, swap him for the Ogre, as the Ogre would really just be for HP unless he is fully awoken. This would make, Neptune, Hades, and Hera easy as pie.

what other gods do you have? anything that can get the devil subtype?

Stealth EDIT: Player's Choice? Maybe, I could use a second of some gods (second Ronia maybe Yomi). Tops would still be Kirin, Horus, any Odin, any Metatron. I really don't NEED a whole lot else. Just EXP and Tamas for awakening monsters I already have.

in the short term, three Dub-sapphlits and another Devilit would be an awesome haul from tomorrow (I would get ultimate Karin, U&Y evolved, and Unit-13 Ultimate evolved.)

Wow. D.Tron fell hard. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I don't even care if I get her anymore. But why the hell is Hades so damn high? There are so many farmable gravity monsters.

Wow. D.Tron fell hard. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I don't even care if I get her anymore. But why the hell is Hades so damn high? There are so many farmable gravity monsters.

Not sure, either. Stats and awakenings maybe?

Ugh players' choice godfest, huh? I've been hording stones for the DB Kai collabo, though.

She's been overthrown by Ronia, who does everything dtron does but better.
Ronia indeed played a big part in me largely not caring about D.Tron. Well besides getting GungTrolled which also led me to revert back to non-IAP. But I admit I vastly underestimated Ronia when we first saw her description. With ATK multipliers getting larger and larger, I thought 2.5x was a huge step back. But she ended up working so much better in practice.

I've saved up to 28 stones now (with the help of my 500 day 10 stone bonus). Oddly, I'm always happy whenever we get a Godfest or collab that I don't care to pull the REM for. But I fear the DBZ collab may end up eating all my stones and I may still not get anything good for it. May the RNG gods be merciful.

Althane

Get a Red/Ice Ogre, Puzzledragonx has a team for Hera-ur Legendary which you can run once you get your Hera. Ronia, K.Baddie, Vamp (Max skilled, ultimate evolved preferred), Hera, and R/B Ogre.

For Hera, use that same team just swap out the Hera (which you won't have yet) for a Lilith, as she will be needed for dealing with Neptune (you could burst him with ronia+baddie, BUT you will want a ronia for Hades, and your other Ronia and that Baddie active for Hera), If you have a second Baddie, swap him for the Ogre, as the Ogre would really just be for HP unless he is fully awoken. This would make, Neptune, Hades, and Hera easy as pie.

what other gods do you have? anything that can get the devil subtype?

Stealth EDIT: Player's Choice? Maybe, I could use a second of some gods (second Ronia maybe Yomi). Tops would still be Kirin, Horus, any Odin, any Metatron. I really don't NEED a whole lot else. Just EXP and Tamas for awakening monsters I already have.

in the short term, three Dub-sapphlits and another Devilit would be an awesome haul from tomorrow (I would get ultimate Karin, U&Y evolved, and Unit-13 Ultimate evolved.)

No other Gods with the Devil subtype. Only other God I'm really rocking is Artemis, for my G/L team. Which is currently just a G team.

Quantum

What am I missing with the qiao twins? Why so high? And why the heck is lucifer still up there? Do people still run with him?

I'm really enjoying using them. I'm not great with kirin, haven't leveled my haku -

DQXQ I can activate 95% of the time although I wish I had a yomi to set orbs even better.

In general I can steamroll all of the farming levels that used to take time - although I still get stopped by decends but have been following the team building thread and have randomly done 2-3 million in damage in a single round.

they have decent potential and are really easy to activate.They also increase amount of time to match orbs and adds 1 skill turn at the start.

razterik

Free fruit dragon dungeon in JP drops final forms. Grabbed the lemon first try and it's already fully awoken. And I still have 25+ Tamadra sitting around.

Jagernaut

The upcoming radiant gala almost makes me want to pull off godfest...

Almost

I was confused until I went to the Facebook page.

*Rare Egg Machine Update: Radiant Gala*
[Duration]: 5/23 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 5/29 (Thur), 11:59 PM (PDT)

GungHo Online Entertainment America would like to announce a special Gala, the Radiant Gala, brought to the NA version for the first time ever!

The lineup for this Gala features specially selected monsters that appear at 3x the rate of the regular Rare Egg Machine! Among the likes of these monsters include new Three Kingdoms Gods and a unique assortment of Gods from other series. Their strength of personality is undeniable! The lineup can be viewed below:

6 ★
972 Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
752 Kirin of the Aurora, Sakuya
499 Hell Deity, Jackal Anubis
491 Flame Deity, Falcon Horus

5 ★
1237 Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao
1235 Liu Bei
1065 Yamato Takeru
745 Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan
632 Amon
571 Artemis
559 Sarutobi Sasuke
370 Idunn&Idunna
138 Amaterasu
130 Hades

4 ★
1083 Grape Dragon

razterik

30 stamina times however many tries it takes to get what you want. Can't say when we will see it, these sort of "present" dungeons usually take a few months to come over.

Rahk

Not sure which fruit dragon to go for. Red for an Ares team, blue for an Andromeda team, or green for a Gronia(?) team that I may never level up. Already have a Lemon and two Grapes.

Tobe

no1.jpg

SAORI SAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! well fuck dbz and ss collabs? my wallet is crying (i dont think SS will get to the us but i can dream right?)

colinp

Banned
Blade of Justice is only one day 2x right now?? Interesting. Kinda useless running on non 2x days so I'm ok with this.

Edit: must be two days but the 2x is on the first day. I'm ok with that, too- hah!

I woke up this morning with a Bastet and 5 less stones...

Not sure if I'm ok with that...

Blade of justice or needed evo mats?

EDIT:Three runs of dub-lots got me my two dub sappilits, two dub emelits, and two dub-mythlits.

Blade of justice rest of the day

shinjijai

did some pull, because yolo...

2 grape dragon
2 mystic flame knight
1 machine golem mkii
1 idunn

glad that it's + eggs for them. i should know better not to roll outside godfest.

Sorry everyone it is my fault.

Don't pull outside godfest! (Myself included)

Game talk:

Upcoming dungeons are Sandalphan and Xuanzong.

Xuanzong is 20 cost limited, which is interesting becuase most 5*gods are under or at 20 cost and 5* Echidna is 17 cost. I'm thinking luck and Anubis would be instant win. Might put together an attacker team (cause I really wish attacker teams without D.Meta would work) Liu biu, Sasuke, Hanzo, echidna, King Flamie, paired with something that offers HP and ATK for attackers (anyone have a 5* asuka? Rei might work though)

The big Question is Sandalphon. Ronia would need a crazy red board to burst through Raphael.

I'm thinking a standard Ronia team (Shiva, Hera-Ur, King Baddie), Sub out my D/D Luci (which hurts, two less dark row enhancers and two less skill cool downs). I'm thinking sub in Verche, so that when I ronia Michael I pop Verche and convert the Dark orbs (which he obsorbs) into light orbs. that will leave ronia and king baddie for Sandalphan if I get lucky during the three turns of leader bind... A stone would kill her though because binds wear off during stones. This team would be Gravy during Michael and Uriel, Gabriel might give it a run for their money (mainly due to the bind).

What do you think about Sandalphon?

Quantum

Blade of justice may say x2, but I'm seeing terrible drop rates - as usual not sure if rng just being rng but zero drops for 12 runs.

Blade of justice may say x2, but I'm seeing terrible drop rates - as usual not sure if rng just being rng but zero drops for 12 runs.

1 for 5. got a skill up though, so only 2 more to go then all mystic knights are ultimate evolved AND maxed skilled (except for Fenrir knight, because no one likes you Fenrir Knight be lucky you are even at Skill level 2)

Lol. I actually have a max-skilled Fenrir. There's really no need for a dedicated dungeon for it either when we already get the COS and COSITA events. The Mystic Knights are guaranteed drops when they appear.

linsivvi

That's pretty bad luck. If you're willing to spend stones, then the drops eventually should get better. Blade of Justice rarely has 2x drops and it might never happen again so better get your knight maxed especially if you have a Kirin.

Top Bottom